3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Daily Check In - Long and Mini Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/81088-daily-check-long-mini-goals.html)

cacmsc 01-07-2007 07:37 AM

Marie your right about puppy love. Its tough but worth it. My baby slept good last night he doesn't like us pushing him til 10 to stay awake and play. Its so cute the looks he give us like what is wrong with all of you. But so far my new scheduling is working up at 4:30 out quick to potty back to bed til 7. I surely can live with that.
Glad the scale is nicer today and hope it continues. I am with you with counting those cals. Exercise schedule begins on monday. Scale talk was interesting I just read a little of the book by Oprah's trainer Greene. He said when folks start off it should be 1 scale day and no more for 4 weeks. Wow thats a bit. I guess his line of thought is how things fit, measurements etc. But I need to see some numbers. As soon as Tom leaves its the square box. It does keep us in line. Picky eaters my hubby is a basic eater meat and potatoe kind of boring I do get him to eat chili and some other stuff but all in all much picker than I'd like. But at least with him he will grab anything to fill his belly so if I want to make something else he's on his own and its okay. No guilt. Sometimes with dieting and changing my lifestyle its be rough as he doesn't have to eat light, or special things or healthy sort to say. So I understand tell him to get over it this is your house he can buy and fit anything he wants and tell him not to forget to clean up when he is done. That will fit him just the way life is. Mom has a life too! Penny thanks for that info. I currently have ww mag. my hairdresser is kind enough to share her's with me. My SIL is like a mom to her as she lost hers. Lots of good info. I think sharing thoughts and ideas on here makes us more knowledgable and motivated. Glad your feeling better too. Marie the chili sounds great. I love it. Sometimes add a little corn in it. I also like to add it to the top of a salad at work for lunch. Yesterday I went to Target I had no idea they sold so many grocery items. Wow and cheap compared to some stores. I bought myself a few treats but healthy ones. I am trying to add in more variety to keep me motivated. So I purchased Starbucks frozen mocha bars on a stick only 120 cals. Nice treat. I am also trying to not eat anything 2 hrs. before bedtime. That was another Greene idea I've heard it before did it and didn't follow through. Now I will try this again. Marie your snow shoeing sounded like fun folks here got them and we have no snow. It was in the 50's yesterday and will not be too cold in the near future 35 on wed. I think. We love it but for those who like snow they don't and the kids no sledding. I never in my life saw weather in Jan. like this before. Driving to work has been great. I saved some days in case I'd need to take one off not so far. Judy hope your doing well. Girls sorry this is so long but I do enjoy your company. Gotta go stay healthy.

judydc 01-07-2007 08:50 AM

Okay, this won't be a day of rest, but I know I'll feel good about it at the end of the day. Yesterday a good friend had his annual b'day "feast," lunch at a Thai restaurant, and I made good choices, and had a bowl of veggie soup for dinner. I'd planned to go into the office for a few hours but the weather was so glorious (73 degrees!) that I just wandered around in the sunlight instead, picked up some groceries and came home. I may regret that on Monday, it was a beautiful afternoon, the temperature will drop next week and it may be many months before I can walk by the Tidal Pool in short sleeves again. This morning I'm doing tons of laundry, and will focus on putting away my Xmas stuff and cleaning up.

Carol and Penny, my mom is using a spread called "Olivio" or something like that, it tasted okay. Are you familiar with it? She just had a small tub, not the packaging, so I don't know anything about the ingredients. I use butter so rarely that I don't bother buying a substitute, but I think I will try to find this Olivio stuff and see if it's better than other kinds of spreads. I like Bob Greene's approach to weightloss. I'm not sure I could wait four weeks to weigh-in, though, unless I had a chef and a trainer to keep me on track, like Oprah!

Keep standing your ground, Marie! You have every right to determine how much you'll indulge your grown son, and that's a good example for DIL-in-waiting, since men tend to expect from wives what they got from moms (or so I've been told). I do so much admire how much you enjoy outdoor activity (in the snow, yet!). Maybe someday I find something, besides walking, that I enjoy doing that is more recreational than "working out."

Yesterday I was down another pound, woo-hoo! It was a daunting to put up that 50-pound ticker last week, and this month I just want to stay off the far left edge...I see the nutritionist on Tuesday (rescheduled after the Tripping and Wiping Out Incident) and will be happy to be a bit lighter, even after T-giving and Xmas vacation.

Beyond that, I'm wallowing in the media's New Year's obsession with healthy living and meeting one's goals. I even bought People magazine just to read the success stories (and I don't even read People at the dentist's office). I have been looking around for a good short challenge but haven't found a promising thread yet. You ladies want to propose one for January? I want to be doing yoga three nights a week, and to lose at least four pounds this month--a month that includes at least eight days on the road.

judy

Marie 01-07-2007 10:58 AM

Judy, every once in a while, I go to Goodhousekeeping website and navigate to their success stories area of the diet section. It's motivational to me when I'm a bit down. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll PM you the link. I have it bookmarked at work. And if it was 73 degrees outside, I'd be ecstatic. I'm not a winter person - I'm always cold (in the summer too) and I love hot and sunny. But that said, I live where there is winter so I have two activities I love that are only snow related. Snowshoeing and skiing. Having gained so much weght, I'd quit doing both. Because of Nikki's 10 pound weight loss challenge last April, I have been able to recover a part of my life. So now winter is bearable since I live for weekend snowshoeing and skiing. But to be out in the yucky stuff just to be out there - no way. :)

Way to go on the pound being eliminated from your body!!! Judy, you're doing great.

Carol, I'm glad you're feeling well enough to get back on the exercise track. It really makes a difference for me in my mental health wellbeing. I swear if it weren't for my doggies and exercise, I'd be nuts by now with the dynamics in my household. I'm glad your pup is getting used to your schedule. It's important that you're the master and he's the pup.

I did 6 miles on the exercycle today. It works the quads more than walking and that's important for skiing. I decided that I'd do the bike 2X per week. I won't be walking/jogging and records with that addition, but no one but me cares about my totals so I think it's all right.

I'm starving. DH wakes up about 3 hours after I do on weekends and I hate waiting for breakfast. My stomach is growling like mad. I can't think of anything I want as a snack until breakfast that won't throw off my diet. So I'm sitting here grimacing. Ah, what I do to stay on track...

Marie

penpal 01-07-2007 01:37 PM

Marie - I'm glad to hear your DS2 will be attending OIT. It's a great school and very well regarded. His military tuition bonus will come in handy. Your chili recipe sounds good - only 171 cals! I'm always looking for ways to trim calories too. I made some great french toast using Ezekiel raisin bread (sprouted multi grain), eggbeaters and a tsp. of sugar. We had it for breakfast today with 1 tbsp. of maple syrup and half a chicken asiago veggie sausage and the total cals came to only 270. I love the taste of Ezekiel bread. It's in the frozen section of health stores. I keep it frozen and defrost a slice when I eat it. Maybe you can eat half your breakfast while your DH sleeps in and have the rest with him later when he gets up. You probably should be eating something before or after you exercise as it helps burn more calories (like keeping the furnace stoked!)

Carol - I sounds like you guys are having a heat wave back east. We just got our heating bill $199!!! We're going to have to turn the thermostat down and start burning some of our wood. Your pup sounds like he's starting to settle down. He was probably very anxious with the big change in his life and now he knows he's safe and loved he can relax a bit.

Judy - I think I saw the Olivio spread and it sounded good but I the one I saw also had other oil in it so it wasn't pure olive oil. Olive oil wouldn't go solid without other additives. Congrats on losing another pound! Way to go! You're lucky to be able to walk by tidal pools - I love doing that but we have to drive about 2 hrs. to get to the coast and we certainly couldn't dream of doing it at this time of the year. It's funny, I also bought the People mag with the weight loss stories (I don't usually buy that magazine). I'm addicted to reading weight loss success stories and seeing the before and after photos - it's very inspirational.

I'm not sure I agree with all the hoopla about banning trans fats. I think people should make up their own minds about these things, but at least it's making people more aware of what they're eating - not just the calories.

I'm starting to get that feeling I have when I'm on a downward trend weight wise (I feel kind of slimmer around the waist/belly area). I'm hoping it will show up as a loss next Friday.

Have a good week everyone!

cacmsc 01-08-2007 06:56 AM

Judy I will check the brand I buy and get back to you on the spread. I think its a good one though. I have been doing a lot of reading on health etc. this weekend. My hairdresser gave me ww and another one with good info. Some info I use some not. But for every little thing that motivates me I am happy for. Yesterday the weather was about 50 well I decided to stop at my friends next door and see how the girls were doing. I told them I was on my way to the store and to walk. They laughed in a few min. they were going to call me as well to walk. So we only did a 30 min. to start us off. I could of done more but my health is a bit better than thiers. Anyways we setup a walking schedule for the week. I am starting to track my miles for the month Marie. You always do this and I think its great. This we I have set a daily ck with myself water intake, food intake, no eating anything 2 hrs. before bed, cal total and exercise charting. Those are all going to be an easy ck box on my little journal. I think this is the motivator I needed. On wed. I will get on the square. Have any of you had the scale that does things other than just the wt. I noticed yesterday body fat and oh something else. Is it worth spending 50 when I have a regular old scale. I'd be happy to know your view pts. I feel better just knowing I am on the way to living a healthier lifestyle and hopefully losing some wt. as well. Penny that bread sounded lovely I never heard of it here. I think your right we are all adjusting Bear and his family. He still makes some mistakes but is only 9 weeks old yesterday. He was the last to go and he wasn't quite 7 weeks old. For only having him 2 weeks I am very in love with him. Just a cutie! He was a good fit can't wait to take him walking when he is old enough and camping. Bear slept from 9:30 til 6:10 this a.m. I was very happy. At night we keep him up like we tried to with the kids in hopes to adjust him to our schedule. He will sit outside his crate and look at us like we are crazy. I love it. Good info. girls I always love more... Last night I made a meatloaf for dinner actually 2 so we would have extra. So no cooking tonight a meatloaf sandwich, salad and a veggie. I bought boca chili veggie style for lunch today. Then purchased ww lunch meals for the week they were cheap I will doctor them up of course. But I wanted to have a solid week of good eating and thought this would be a start. I will let you know if indeed its worth it or not. But for less than 2.00 a day and no packing. We are having a lunchoen on friday but I am bringing in 7 layer taco dip with refried beans so kind of health. I am going to make some of my own baked tortilla shells but in triangles and sprinkled with seasonings. Well catch yah later one exercise day down 3 more to go. We are walking the village tonight before dinner time. The schedule will help all of us get going. Also I want at least one day at the gym to work on abs. The wedding is coming quick.

judydc 01-08-2007 03:28 PM

Ugh, it's one of those days that i'm glad I brought carrots and hummus to snack on, I definitely have the "nervous crunchies" this afternoon!

Marie, thanks for the tip on GH's website. I'll check it out. I keep success stories of women who started out around my weight. It helps me visualize what it might look like to be at a normal weight--I've overweight most of my life, and I'm sure that not being about to picture success has gotten in the way of my progress.

Penny, I've got my fingers crossed that your feeling is ontarget and that you have a whooshing coming your way soon :crossed:

Carol, good luck on your goals this week. The exercise and getting enough sleep should help a lot...

I am feeling good about my workout schedule, but I was on the phone late last night and didn't get to yoga, and I had my usual Monday morning resistance to getting out of bed. But I will stop by Curves on the way home, and make sure that I get a full workout every day the rest of the week. No yoga tonight--I have a football game to watch!--but I'll try for at least two before the weekend. I had a ferocious carb fit last night, I probably ate an extra 400 calories' worth of popcorn and rice cakes. I can't let that happen again! I think that was totally related to worries about the work week. But otherwise Sunday was good, I got a lot of scrubbing and decluttering done.

Okay, focus on work. Oh, why wasn't I born independently wealthy?

judy

Marie 01-09-2007 12:03 AM

Judy I keep wondering why I haven't won the lottery. It should be my turn and to be honest, I'd be excited if one @#$@#$ number matched... so the independently wealthy, I guess we have to work for it. But you in non-profits and me in public education, I don't think that will happen either. Sorry about the carb binge. I read a cool article about cravings that says to just give in and have what you want in a modest (i.e. no minute) portion since people tend to eat around their cravings and then end up consuming more cals than if they had what they really wanted and they still have the craving. Something to think about. I always try to ignore a craving and carrots get old.

Penny, whoosh for you I hope. Tomorrow is my weigh in and my expectations are very low. I feel bloated and gassy - so I feel fat. Oh well... The french toast sounds excellent. When I started on this journey last April I swore I wasn't going to "diet" in the sense of eating fat-free yucky food just to lose weight. I wanted to lose weight eating what I like. I have made changes to some things. Like using the Kraft 2% colby cheese instead of regular. I can not taste a difference. But give me the Kraft fat free cheese and I'll spit it across the room. So I've made some ingredient changes but not a lot. Portion control is where I go.

Carol, wow, your little bear did great. That's pretty great for a 9 week old. And it's neat your friends want to walk. It is nice to go with others. Other than my DH, it's slow pace to go with others so I supplement with other exercise before or after.

Tonight was the doggie-less doggie training. Getting directions and demonstrations. DS2 and I went and registered Blizzie. So we're going to train both Blizzie and Kody. I see please as the honor grad - as she is extremely well behaved - and Kody as the class flunky. So perhaps I'll have a 50% success rate. We start the class with the doggies on Wednesday.

My skis arrived and they are BEAUTIFUL!!!! I'm so excited for Friday!!!!

I walked 2 miles, jogged 1 mile and did the ab lounger before work. When the alarm went off I was in such deep slumber that it took a while to register what was going on. Usually I'm pretty much awake on my own and I was disoriented for about a half hour. So I chose a little easier exercise.

Well, it's bed time. Talt to you tomorrow night.
Marie

cacmsc 01-09-2007 07:16 AM

Judy good old work stress that can warrant a popcorn or rice cake scramble for sure. But just think of the brighter side of that it wasn't some big bowl of icecream with lots of toppings etc. I usually will have what I want if there is a craving but try to do it by portion. I am a believer in not giving things up but to fit them in our calorie intake. I was once told years ago by a nutriitionist if you want a hot fudge sundae have it instead of lunch and fit it in the cals for the day. Something to think about I guess. Good idea witht he hummus and carrots. I like a torilla shell with hummus spread on it and lots of veggies for lunch sometimes. Great healthy stuff. The choice wasn't all so bad. Last night I didn't get to walk but I had to be at the court house yesterday and walked a few blocks each way and used the stairs a few times. So I think I am okay. My intake was right about 1400. Thats kind of where I am aiming for. Last night I allowed myself a 1/2 cup and measured baked dortitios. I added in my cals and I was fine. At least by measuring I was with in control. This a.m. I started sauce for dinner tonight in the crock pot. I will not buy Italian bread as I know I will over eat it. I will make a salad instead. I seem to be in a good mind set at this time and that is good. I enjoyed my boca chili yesterday from the frozen food section. Seasoned it up with a 1/2 oz. of hot pepper ch. and some pepper sauce and had a small salad and apple. I am going to enjoy hopefully a smart ones frozen baked pot. and broc, ch, yogurt, sm.salad for lunch today. Preplanning sure helps me a lot. I am charting my progress with cals etc. Keeping up with that I know is important. Hope you enjoyed your football game. Have you picked up that knitting yet? HEY girls don't leave me out I am non for profit also. Gotta love what yah do. I did feel good about helping someone seek guardianship yesterday. We aren't done yet though we have a court appearance on the 30th hopefully no one objects to it. Marie I am happy to have the girls join me it will be harder to say oh I am not going. We plan to walk tonight as my late night last evening just didn't work out. Sometimes you go to work with something in mind and it just doesn't happen your whole course takes a change that was yesterday. But in the end the results will be worth it. Boy what we take for granted sometimes others only wish they had. Yesterday was a bit of an eye opener of a families difference in lifestyles. Hard to make changes sometimes just as with us and our need and want to live a healthier lifestyle. Gotta set them goals and work towards them. I am feeling great this week kind of spunky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So lets move it girl friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shake are selfs up and either lose inches or lbs. ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a super day. Marie congrats on those ski's I have only cross country'd a few times but would like to do it again and maybe snow shoeing. Something to ck out. Kayaking is coming up and I think putting one on layaway might be the right approach.

judydc 01-09-2007 06:37 PM

Funny that we're talking about rice cakes and popcorn and such...the nutritionst just told me to avoid them for a while, 'cuz while they are light and whole-grain-non-wheat alternatives, they are still high glycemic and that makes it hard for me not to want too many...which is true. In my confidence I have been too flexible lately with my program, and a few pounds are trying to jump back on already. Starting tonight I will go back to my other "desserts," like protein shakes with fruit, which usually don't lead me to rummage through the cabinets 20 minutes later. The nutritionist wants me to buy more supplements and consider a longer "detox" plan, which I don't know if I want to invest the time and money in. We'll see. It was a good and informative session, though, except for my sorrow about the popcorn!

Marie, I hope your weigh-in isn't too disappointing. You have been kicking major butt on the activity scale! Getting new skis must be exciting. Does Kody get detention or extra homework?

Carol's feeling spunky--go, Carol, go!

judy

penpal 01-09-2007 09:29 PM

Hello chickies. I just got back from a 3 hour meeting with a potluck lunch. I must say I was very much in control and had small slivers of whatever I wanted and didn't go back for seconds. I was given many compliments on my 'new' figure - so the extra few pounds aren't showing too much. I mustn't let my guard down though and I need to get rid of the holiday blubber asap.

I have had a horrendously hectic couple of days scrambling to organize another meeting on Thursday as I'm president pro-tem of the charitable group I belong to. The president's brother passed away suddenly and she had to go to the UK for the funeral, so I'm "it". We have a ton of stuff on the agenda with our annual council meeting coming up in March. To top things off, we're supposed to get a snow storm and below freezing temps for a few days, so I'll probably have to reschedule the Thursday meeting. Then I get a call that someone screwed up the February meeting and the venue was double booked, so I have to sort that one out too - aaarrrghhh!! Under the circumstances, I did well not to go nuts and eat everything in sight at the potluck today.

Marie - I hope we all get a whoosh soon! Thanks for the tip about the 2% cheese. I bought some shredded 2% cheddar and used some in a quiche. It turned out great and, like you said, you'd never know the difference. You must be raring to go skiing again on Friday to try out your new skis.

Carol - I'm with you about planning ahead what we eat. It takes a lot of the guesswork out of it and helps avoid overeating. Kyaking is a good exercise. Have you done it very often? I only went once when we were in Hawaii and I loved it. It was off a very calm beach on Lanai and I could see all the little fishes swimming around - heavenly! We have river access on our property and if I ever get in good enough shape I'd like to give it a go again. There's quite a few big snags in the river and I wouldn't do it when it's running fast in spring, but there's usually quite a few kyakers on the river in summer. It's a good way to get close to nature and all the wildlife and river birds like kingfishers and herons.

Judy - Those rice cakes can really put your blood sugar up quickly. My friend, who is diabetic, can't eat them as they put her glucose up faster than anything. Yep, I'm with you about wanting to be independently wealthy. They say money can't buy happiness but I think that saying's a crock! It sure would buy a down-payment on happiness at least! :lol:

We're sitting here watching the weather report - we may be in for an interesting couple of days.

Marie 01-09-2007 11:17 PM

Well the evil scale was at it again. But I wasn't surprised since my stomach was pretty mad last night and most of today. So it didn't bum me out. I've been good today at about 1550 calories. I walked 1 mile and jogged 2. I promised myself I would ab lounge after work, but alas, I'm thinking that isn't going to happen.

DH is going to mount my bindings on my skis tomorrow. My new poles came so I am ready for Friday. Just have to make it through Wed and Thur first.

So Penny, since we're neighbors your post made me look at weather.com and eeks, yucky weather on the way. At least it should make nice snow for skiing on Friday. How's that for looking at the bright side??? BTW, you had me smiling with the idea of holiday blubber (heck it's on my credit card too :) if you know what I mean). I don't hink 5 pounds is really much blubber (except when you lose it...)

Judy, as noted above the scale was mean but I'm starting to get used to it. I lost 35 pounds in 6 months and 5 in the last 3 months. Frustrating in a way, but nice that my clothes aren't fall off as fast. Although todays cords that are only 3 months old are falling off. So not much weight is off but I've definitely lost inches. Since I never measured myself at the beginning, all I can do is go by clothes. Sorry about the rice cakes - I hate the things - they rank with chewing on a piece of styrofoam to me. My advice on the extend detox is if you feel you can go it alone - go for it. If not, do the extended so you have someone to be accountable to.

Carol, your work sounds very emotional. I don't know that I could handle that. Actually, I know I couldn't. My own mental health is a bit fragile and that would be too much. So I'm very grateful there are people like you that can do that. Now, I was sing-songing to my doggie (Kody - Judy detention as I don't want the homework) from a book I'd read to DGS this weekend. "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always." As I was singing this to him, I realized that was so true for my kids and my animals. DS1 has irritated me, but in the last week we've had a few poignant conversations so things are definitely better. He really has a giving heart, but he does take advantage. Living wiht an adult child is trying but I will always love him and I do like him tremendously (regardless that I want him to move out). So back to the doggie singing, Carol, if little bear gets you up in the middle of the night, sing-song the phrase to him. It makes the irritation fly away.

Well, enough rambling on. Doing this at night is more rambling then when I did it at work. But since I shouldn't be surfing at work, I'm really trying not to.

Tomorrow is early off for the doggies walk - in the storm Penny - and then we have doggie class with the doggies. Oh tomorrow could be a nightmare...
Marie

cacmsc 01-10-2007 07:11 AM

Judy you know what you need to do. Go back to what you were doing a couple of weeks ago when you were dropping wt. Sometimes we just need to be realistic. Not try something new but something we know worked for us. Spending more money to do something else seems like a lot to consider. We all celebrated the holidays I know that many things slipped back into my diet. Thats why I had to take a hard look and say okay its over lets get going now. Its a new year! Before spending more money first try the other what will it cost? Sometimes adding more fiber will keep you filled up longer. I also have been reading the ww mag. and there are stories of people whom have lost lots and kept it off. It might be worth buying this for yourself a little treat. Think smart , eat well and keep moving! I am going to stay off the scale til friday. I continue to be journaling w/ my charting. Cals yesterday 1395. The girls and I took a bitter walk in the cold last night. I was the leader as I tend to be a bit faster. We walked our village only 5 min. away. I even had them climbing up some steps and back down at the local church 20 or so. So even though it was only 30 min it was a good walk. As time goes on we will increase the walking time. This a.m. I have already done some shoveling due to a little snow that came our way only about 8inches so far but to con't all day. Little Bear needed a path.Penny I am with you on the weather front. I am making it in today I hope to just take my time and leave a bit earlier. I do have a meeting at 3:30 which I hope not to reschedule. The kayaking came from a camping trip awhile ago and I loved it. Done it a few times and really want my own. I would like one lite enough for me to handle myself so I can just go off for an hr. in nature without intruptions from the world. I hope we all have a whoosh soon too! If we don't it won't be from not trying. I also like the 2% cheese can't get into the rubber fat free. I would rather have less and eat what I like. Sometimes thats my choice with things like that. Oh I like soy chips too! Didn't know they are so high in glu. wow! I usually will count out I buy the little ones 20 chips for 110 cals. So I take 10 and put them in a baggie. I like them with chili or soup instead of crackers. Marie the scale hopefully will knock it off soon. Keep up your hard work the numbers will come. Do you measure yourself? I bet you have lost lots of inches. Congrats on the ski's. Marie there is a site to go on for people whom have lost lots of wt. You deserve to add your name its a study type of thing. I will ck out that song Marie good thing I do love him. The 1 and 4 and 6 shedule can be a bit unruly. He did learn to squeak his toy but at 6:30 a.m Daddy wasn't so happy but he will get over it. I was still the proud mom. Take care gotta go hit the snowy roads,.

judydc 01-10-2007 03:44 PM

Yes, I know what I need to do: pay attention to the details and work the program....I felt fat yesterday, and it showed in my weigh-in, and I was glad to see that today I'm back at 227. Whew! I moved the offending foods out of my "OK Carbs" cabinet, which is still filled with tasty, healthy options so I have nothing to whine about.

Penny, congratulations on not taking out your frustrations with a fork! I'm sure it felt good to be in control and to know that other people can see the results! :D

Marie, thanks for your advice re the detoxing. I'm not sure that I even believe in detoxing. I've done the ever-popular Master Cleanser Lemonade fast on my own a few times, lost a gratifying amount of weight, and proceeded to eat everything that wasn't nailed down. But lots of cultures have equivalents to fasts and special diets, so there must be something relevant there. And frankly, I would be willing to go some lengths if it would help me see some new numbers! I'm waiting to see the specifics before deciding one way or the other.

Carol, I'm laughing thinking of Bear squeaking his toy and his poor daddy grimacing. I heard a story on NPR about a CD just for dogs, and the song entitled "Squeaky Toy" was the most popular song. I hope you haven't scared off your friends by making them walk in the bitter cold. The air coming our way from Canada like it's supposed to, instead of from Mexico, so it's 35 degrees colder than it was on Saturday, boo!'

Okay, back to work. This hasn't been a very productive day for me, so I need to get crackin'!

judy

Marie 01-10-2007 11:48 PM

Hi everyone. I had a long, tiring day. It was very productive (unlike Judy...). Doggie training went good and work was good and got loads done. I walked the doggies before the class and that was sort of a fiasco. The collar on Kody came apart and he took off. After a while I got him to come back (he'd come about 10 feet away and take off again). But I got him and asked in class what to do when that happened. They looked at donkey boy and said have him on the training collar and another leash hooked to his regular collar. I tell you, he's a lot of work.

Judy, I didn't realize the detox was a fast. I'd veto that one quickly. I don't see how that can help long term. Carol is right, go with what was working. And get back to work!!! :)

Carol, definitely don't give bear a toy in his bed. Of course he's going to play with it and will want you to join him. I totally agree with you that I hope we all have a whoosh. But I'm not holding my breath for me. My body is stubborn.

I did 3 miles jogging and the ab lounger before work and 1 mile walking after work with the doggies.

Well, it's nearly bedtime so I will end here tonight. It's snowing here. I saw on the news that Portland (Penny's land) had major weather. I hope she's doing fine and hibernating in her house.
Marie

cacmsc 01-11-2007 06:51 AM

Judy I heard a really crazy diet story the other day at the beauty shop. New diet you can lose 12lbs in a week I'd be sick! Eat 8 banana's one day, 8 oranges the next, 8 eggs the next and 8 hotdogs the next nothing else in the diet. Now how wrong can this be I'd see why you would lose and never want to eat again. Crazy and the girl which I thought had more brains was going to buy all that stuff to do it. I will let yah know the crazy outcome. At any rate eat smart, eat well and move more we are bound to lose some wt. in time. But think of the life changes we are all making. The chol. and thing like that have to be better I think. Well gotta say Marie that the doggies must be helping you to burn some extra calories for sure. He sounds a bit crazy. Has to be fun at the same time. Bear only had me up one time before 6 I was very grateful to say the least. I have a big meeting with a top notch today so I am up ready and things flew threw my mind during the night. So hard when I bring my job home with me. I wish I didn't but and try not to but sometimes its hard to clear your head. On friday I am only working til 1 taking some me time and monday in observing Martin Luther King we have the day off. So long weekend and I am just catching up at work. Cals were okay yesterday but when I got home I started to nibble first time all week. Guess my waiting a bit to long to eat. So a piece of fruit on my long ride home will help with that. Well gotta fly friday is scale day due or die its going to be done. I have to get back into the friday scales.