Old 03-07-2006, 09:09 PM   #61  
Lois

Robsia, I must have just missed you. Wow, how proud you must be that your daughter was chosen.... I bet she will be telling mommy all about it once things get started, please do share with us! Yes, I am so glad that excess water has gone, I had this problem too when I was pg but it was worse. I really have to watch the sodium more closely.

I did manage to get in another workout this evening... I did the WATP 1 mile, so that's 3 miles for the day!

ttyl,
ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 10:05 PM   #62  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Just checking in...

Good evening girls!

Thought I would check in for the evening. I'd had a really promising day. Watched my calories closely and got two really good workouts in. I managed to up my treadmill speed to 3.4m/hr. I'm up to 1 & 3/4 miles in 30 minutes. My goal is 2 miles in 30 minutes. I drank lots of water today, and needless to say been flushing the water retention all day! LOL

Cheryl, wow girl you've been busy today! I am NOT a morning person at all! The only way you'll get me up that early is if we're travelling, and then there has to be shopping promises! LOL You're trip sounds fantastic!

Mary, it really takes a boot in the butt to really set yourself up for this kind of transformation. I'm glad you're ready to take the plunge! Every goal is within reach, you just gotta believe in yourself and stay positive. As hard as that is sometimes, but that's when you lean on us.

Teahoney, I'm glad you were able to fit in your exercise too! See how proud it makes you feel! I'm sure it's going to do a world of good for you too fighting that bug. Congrats!

Robsia, the pills I have support weight loss and promote thermogenesis. "Thermogenesis is is the body process that creates heat. The fuel for heat production is derived from lipids, or fats. These fats are obtained from the diet or from stored body fat. Thermogenesis is the body's way of disposing of excess calories so they are not deposited as fat. Unfortunately, the process doesn't work very well in most people. Research has shown that stimulation of thermogenesis makes a significant impact on body fat stores." We shall see what this does for me! Like this statement says, it may not work...

Lois, sounds like you had a great day too! Way to go on the walking! Wooo HOOOOO!

Well, I best be getting my little one off to bed. She's here playing with the mouse and buttons...can't get much done with the typing! lOL

Have a great one girls! Here's hoping for a lost tomorrow!
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:14 PM   #63  
determined to lose

Tracey - please get well soon. I want to meet you at 100%.

Tina - Thanks, I think it might have done me some good actually. I weighed today at 276 which is 10 pounds loss. I weigh at the gym and it was funny cause I weighed when I got there and it was 276 then when I finished my workout I weighed and it was 277.5 but I drank a liter of water while i was working out so I am taking the first number. I like it better for some reason...wink wink I have been working out more frequently and drinking tons of water so I guess everything worked out okay. Most of the time I have been on SB phase 1 alright...I am not going to question it.

Lois - you cannot beat water for a diet aid and a system cleaner, it is the best!

I read somewhere that by the time we feel thirsty we are already partially dehydrated. That a lot of the time when we feel hungry all we really need is water. Sounds weird to me but maybe there is something to it.

Tina - I take a lot of medication so whenever I have considered a diet aid I heard about I call my pharmacist and ask him if he has heard about it. So far he had knowledge of the ones I asked about and told me to save my money. The reason they work he says is because they tell you to follow a proper diet and exercise along with taking the pill. So you would lose weight even without the pill if you followed the directions.

he also said that for people like me who are on a lot of medicine it is just another load on the liver to process.

So be wary but good luck.

Cheryl - I did get my hour workout that day and another one today too. Very happy about it. Today I got some Richard Simmons tapes in the mail from ebay. 6 volumes of the Day by Day series of motivational tapes (are there more than 6? I have been unable to find out) and Love to Stretch with the stretchin cord.

Glad you had a great day, sounds like a busy day too. Here's to Thursday and back to old routines.

Mary - dont be a silly turtle of course you are welcome here! Dust off that exercise equipment and put it to work! You can always go to the library to get a book if you want a program to follow, you dont have to have money! Sounds like you already invested in the basics. Equipment, videos, and now determination! Grab a water bottle and get going! Im behind you all the way.

Robsia - you say it so much better than I can

Oh congratulations Mother! I would say that is definitely a moment to write in the baby book. Interviewed for the first time at age 4. Perhaps she will be a star someday being interviewed all the time...you never know. I am happy for you, you are doing a great job for her to be so articulate so young!!
garnetfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:10 AM   #64  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Good Morning (ahhh it's good to be alive)

Wow! I'm the first one in? Well, I'm on day two of FIGHTING the "do nothing about it's" and I'm hoping to continue this motivated feeling. So far so good. The only bad news is that I finally got the nerve to step on the scale and check the damage I've done. Yep... damage. I'm 241 this morning. But it's my starting number. Go Turtle Go

Garnetfairy: Great job on not only the longer work out and weight loss, but also the motivation to push it harder.

LadyLai/Tina: Awesome on not one, but TWO workouts and a great job on upping your time, watching your calories and getting even more water in. I think getting smacked with the realization that I've not been doing anything to fix my weight problem was the BOOT I needed. Thanks.

Ladylane06: Three miles? That's great. I'm going to start off slow and hopefully make it up to that kind of a goal. Great job. And I'm glad you flushed your troubles away with water. We can all benefit from more water.

Robsia: That is so awesome about your daughter. She's going to be like a celebrity. How proud you must be (and rightly so.)

Teahoney: Thank you for the warm welcome. I hope you're feeling better and better. Way to work out even though you're not quite 100%

Cheryl120: Wow, 0430? I'm barely getting to bed by that time (occasionally anyway). I hope you get back into your normal routine and have a great week.

Cassie501107: I used to have MUCH MUCH higher stress levels. My old job was about a 9.5 on the stress meter and now I'm hovering at around 1.2 as far as work related stress goes. I know the ill effects of stress can be so detrimental to all the other aspects of your life. I hope you get a handle on it for your health, if nothing else. Best of luck to you. And I hope that after today, you DO get back in the swing of things and feel much better. I'm glad to be a new member of this tightly knit family here.

I know there are more of you that I have missed (already) like: Andrewsmum, Meowee, Eyesing, Me, Jen, Tricia, Stayce, Fourwinds, Dragontush, Jelynn, Liz, Melody, Mama4dmkd, Hleppala and Purplepansy, there may be others, but I'm new yet. But it's getting late (it's after 0200 AM as I type this and save it for in the morning) so I think I'll wrap up and check for you early morning posters.

Java Turtle

Oops! Meowee snuck in on me. Good morning!

Last edited by Hotcupojava; 03-08-2006 at 10:16 AM.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:11 AM   #65  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there, gang . . . Nova Scotia is still attached to North America and I'm beginning to feel a little better. Not 100% mind you, but definitely on the high side of 50%.

I've read everything but I know I'll never catch up so I'm not even going to try. Just a hearty congratulations to everyone who had scale and non-scale victories of any kind in the last couple of days; especially any "lurkers" who are venturing into the light and any "mothers of famous children" with a scrapbook moment going on.

Here's my "badnews/goodnews" story. This is the fourth week I'm not able to move my slider thingee. The actual story is . . . 273/275/273.4/272.6 . . . but since I don't count the .x's and since I refuse to claim the +2 (belongs to the new scale), the slider is staying at 273 again. The good part? It really isn't bumming me out. Sure, I'd like to see better progress and faster, but it will come.

Anyway, off I go to the store. Need to do a little shopping or I won't be eating too great by the end of today. Hang in there, everybody. Keep doing all the right things.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:21 AM   #66  
Domestic Engineer

Good morning everyone! It's a windy day here in southern Alberta, but almost all our snow from last week is gone, so maybe Spring is one its way?!

I changed my "official" weigh-in to Wednesday and was thrilled to see 219.2 this morning! Makes for an 18.4 loss!! I'm *finally* starting to see a difference in my pants (I must have really been stuffed in there! lol) Another 5 lbs or so and I think I will be down a size officially. I'm sure I could squeeze into my 18s now if I wanted to. (and some do fit, but I have this certain brand that I love that I have had in 22, 20 and then I bought 18s and 16s- lol)
I've been doing treadmill and t-tapp this week. Monday I did 33 minutes and think I figured I "ran" (verrrrry slowly)23 minutes of it!! 8 minutes there, 5 minutes there, 8 again etc. I'm pretty proud of myself.

Is anyone interested in joining "Beat the Bulge Game" here at the top of this page?? They are looking for more people. I've been doing it the last 3 weeks and it's great! You get points based on healthy eating, exercise and water- so you are always going for more points and in the end we all win! I have totally found the weeks I have more 7,8 or 9 point days are the weeks I am losing the weight (duh) lol.
Well, I need to get my kindergartner off to school. BBL!
jelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:11 PM   #67  
Working on 'Project Me'

Default Happy Wednesday!

Good morning chickies...

It's a late start for me, it's already 10 to 10 and I haven't even had breakfast or done my morning walk! My step-son emailed me over a hundred pics of his trip to the Great Wall, China. I had to download each one of them. It looks like he's having a great adventure for himself.

Well, I managed to lose the water weight (1lb.) and 0.5lb of "real weight". I am definitely pleased with that. Here's hoping that this late start doesn't throw me off today. I haven't even started on my water yet!! Yikes!

Garnet, sounds like you're doing wonderfully! You know at Curves they were addiment about weighing you b4 you worked out cause they said you weighed more after. HmMMmm...never knew why, maybe it was because the majority of women used to gulp water during. Would make sense wouldn't it! This pill says it "helps" you to lose weight if you follow a healthy diet and exercise. Like it's a little push...but we'll see, I just want to test it. Considering what I have done myself I know how to compare it. I'm quite aware of those "bad pills" that promise all but give nothing. That's why I'm so skeptical.

Mary, I'm right along with you feeding off of your enthusiasm! Just take it one day at a time! It all will come a little more easier day in and day out. Looks like we're the same weight. I've worked hard to get to this point...funny how you feel fat and I feel thin "er"...hahaha

Linda, good to see you! Things will start to come back in line for you now that you're over the 50 percentile!

Jelynn (Emily - I think that's your name?) - Wow! Congrats on the loss! Amazing how much we can stuff into our pants eh!? I'm down 28.5lbs and I can now dry my jeans in the dryer without thinking they'll be too tight! LOL They're actually too big. It's my 18's I'm taking extra care of now. Way to go on the exercising too!

It's now 10 after, I should be getting some breakfast and hit the mill! Have a great day girls!

TTFN!
~Tina
Old 03-08-2006, 12:26 PM   #68  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Just a test

I wanted to *POP* back in and test my weight tracker and to post that I just busted Turtle butt on my recumbent bike I did a mile and a half in ten minutes, on a high setting (I wish it had numbers) I broke a sweat and my legs feel like jelly filled rubber tubes. It's a START

Java Turtle
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:11 PM   #69  
Working on 'Project Me'

I thought I would share a few pictures from my step-son. Like it's not everyday we're in China! I had hope they would be bigger but I'm not sure how to do that. I'm surprised I got this far! LOL

Attachment 22402 Attachment 22403 Attachment 22404Attachment 22405

Last edited by LadyLai; 12-15-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:35 PM   #70  
Domestic Engineer

Cool Tina! My parents were in China the last 2 school years teaching English. They loved it!!
Well, I had a great 34 minutes on the treadmill. I think I got in 2.25 miles. Jogged most of it.
jelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:24 PM   #71  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Just thought I'd drop by to say Good Evening, all.

Congrats to you, Tina. Glad to see you back on the minus side. And a big congrats to you, Jelynn, for such a nice loss. Wow, Turtle, you are really burning up the roadways with that bike.

See you tomorrow, gang. Here's a dose of for the evening hours. Keep n doing all the good stuff.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 07:28 PM   #72  
Lois

Default Evening girls...

Mary, that's a great start... just take it one day at a time. When I first started with the exercise I could barely get through 10 minutes... it took over a week to make through 20 minutes (1 mile) and last week I finally made it through a 3 mile workout (45 min.). It's not easy but it's all worth it!

Linda, glad you are feeling better... great attitude on the numbers, if we didn't stay positive we would probably all give up! hahaha! Have a good evening.

Emily, congrats on the loss ...that is GREAT... and good job on the ...very motivating! You go girl!

Tina, WTG on increasing the speed on the and getting rid of that excess water and then some! , I had that jeans out of the dryer moment, and it was so cool not to have them tight! Your stepson is really enjoyng himself... thanks for sharing the pics... they are small, but nice

Paula, where are you?

I had an ok day... it was dreary and raining... boy do I just want to sleep when it rains... needless to say my day has been a bit slow. I'm still trying to get that water down, and I know I'm behind, but I'm working on it. I had a ½ lb loss : this morning, but with the slacking on water today, I'm hoping I don't erase that loss tomorrow. I had a good workout... did 2 miles, but I really wanted to pass on it. I had told myself I was going to cut back to 5 days instead of 6 and today was the day I planned to take off, but I could not do it! hahaha!

Hope everyone had a good day... I will check back later.

ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:39 PM   #73  
I'm In Exile

S/C/G: HUGE/HUGE/Semi-Normal

I'm trying to stay off the scale this week. I know the loss of the past two weeks is extraordinary and I can't expect to see daily loss...someone give me stregnth!!!

On Sunday we took the puppies to the a park about a mile from our house, you hike thru the woods about 3/4 of a mile and you come out at the Gulf of Mexico. The tide was in but they still had a blast!!

Click here to watch Beach-Puppies

Click and watch my little video of them, at 17 seconds in, Sadie gets wiped by a little a wave and its tooo funny!!

Last edited by Countess; 03-08-2006 at 09:55 PM.
Countess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:22 PM   #74  

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick check in since I'm pretty tired. I've been in meetings most of the day and I have to get up at 4:30 to get my husband off to work so I'm going to bed real soon.

Had lunch at a Chinese Buffet place today, but I did pretty good. I had Chicken Broccoli, mushrooms, pineapple and a very small sevrving of Gerneral Tso Chicken. Came home and I have been drinking plenty of water to wash all that salty food out of my system. Thank goodness tomorrow is Thursday and I can go back to my regular routine, except for the getting up early. Happy to say I get up that early to fix my HH breakfast before he goes to work. Sometimes I am able to go back to sleep for a couple of hours, but usually not. I am one of those people, that once I'm awake, I'm up!!

I'll be back tomorrow to write personals to everyone. Have a good night.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:56 PM   #75  
determined to lose

Java Turtle - I dont know what you were expecting but I would LOVE to be at 241! Of course, I will be eventually but you know what I mean. It is not insurmountable. A lot of us are way above that and making dents in it everyday.

Way to go on beginning your weight loss better health journey!

Meowee - BACK! Hurray you did not gain anything while you were gone!! I hope you are feeling mucho bettero

jelynn - CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BIG LOSS!!

What is T-tapp??

Tina - I did not mean to indicate that you were ignorant of the bad pills...nothing like that, just telling ya what I do with the pharmacist. But then I have to because of the meds I am on.

I am trying very hard on my exercise, it has gotten back to the point where I like it and I miss it if I skip it.

by the way CONGRATS on losing the water and some more with it! Keep it up, you are doing great as you picture shows.

I am so big that you cant even tell I have lost an ounce and it has been 30 pounds. Clothes are loser but to look at me you cant see a difference yet. In fact, I was at the gym today and had my glasses of due to the sweat and I noticed someone in blue and black exercising and I was wondering if I was THAT big (you know how we always compare, well I do) anyway long story short, when I put my glasses on it was my reflection in the mirrored walls of the workout room that I was trying to size up. So, yes, I definitely am that big. boo hoo

But working on it!!

COOL pictures, thanks for sharing! Near where I live there is a place you can go that has a scale model of the Forbidden City in China, it is fascinating. They also have a recreation of the clay army. and other interesting stuff. It is in Katy TX

Go TURTLE GO!

WOW EMILY - I have not had the nerve or the power to jog on the treadmill yet...I am afraid i will break something. Either the treadmill, my feet, or my knees. i do a 26 minute mile.

Lois - WATG on the loss. I know what you mean about skipping exercise. It has gotten hard to do, which is a good thing for me, I dont know about you. If I dont go exercise I just sit or lay around on my butt reading or at the PC. I actually look forward to the gym now.

Countess - I agree stay away from the scale. from my 276 yesterday to today it is 279 with my shoes which is 277.5 or so. Either way, it looks like a gain and I am just not taking it, I weigh on Tuesdays and that is when it counts. If you feel you need to skip a week, go right ahead in my book it is aok.
Cant let the scale rule us!

Cheryl - that is so sweet that you get up so early to feed your DH, very admirable! I am sure he appreciates it greatly.
garnetfairy is offline   Reply With Quote