3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   summer starters 2/1/2006 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/75030-summer-starters-2-1-2006-a.html)

sandisuze 02-13-2006 08:14 PM

Oh melissa vent all you want- I would have been so mad at SIL - I agree with Laura he was old enough to make the babies and he should be more thankful - maybe you should show him a "bill " that shows him what it costs you weekly to care for his girls. you are a blessing to care for those babies like you do but he needs to grow up and be more responsible! a big :hug: to you.

Food was not good today too much stress again.this time the fuel pump went in the car. i am ready to scream. i am ready to go buy a newer car but we really can't do payments right now. although buying parts for the car is almost the same when you add it up. i just want my truck fixed NOW so i can have a dependable vehicle. i guess next month we are gonna have to bite the bullet and buy something.

Then i think we may have to put our kitty down. she just turned 20 and all of a sudden she's falling over while walking and not being able to climb or find her food or litter box. i've had her longer than anyone-anything except my oldest daughter. it'd be funny if it wasn't so sad. so that is upsetting me. and i want chocolate.

I just got my hair cut and colored BUT you couldn't tell - the girl did a miserable job. i am going back next week to get it fixed.

on the up side i have 2 sinks filled with dishes to do and 2 more loads of laundry and don't wanna do anything.

I don't like ice cream unless it is cherry garcia, tin roof sundae or chunky monkey- now get me around a cheesecake or pudding- it's gone!
i am going to go eat a peach-that will be my NSV for today.

Sandi:(

neo98292 02-13-2006 09:07 PM

I am sorry to hear about your kitty. We had a family cat that came with a house we rented when I was 14. Needless to say Ernie came to live with katy and I when I was about 26 and when I came home from work one night he didn't run out to the car like normal. I finally opened the front door to let him in and he couldn't stand either and his lower half kept falling over. We took him in and he had suffered a stroke so we had to put him down. It was really hard since he had been our kitty for so many years. He was clear into the next generation even.

I have calmed down a bit although I am still irritated and go back and forth between being here and not being here. I don't even know why he is bothering to come at all. He is supposed to go back on the road on wednesday so at best he won't be here more than probably a couple of hours so why stinking bother. My mom feels so bad she said that she is going to ask dad to sit with the kids and take me out to lunch once in awhile-I told her not to worry I wasn't going off the deep end and that it isn't the kids-it is all the irresponsible PARENTS of these kids that have me so worked up. Here take our kids but we aren't going to do anything to help out at all. That goes all the way from my ex to my daughter and SIL. They all brought the kids in but do minimal to nothing for them even on an emotional level. I will just have to try and get my attitude better by wednesday cause right now I would like to snatch them all bald, slap em silly, and paint them red.
Melissa

LauraB 02-13-2006 09:29 PM

Years ago I read a book by Anna Freud, daughter of you know who, and she said that kids are better off with one responsible, constant parent, than with 2, if the other one just comes around, or takes responsibility sometimes. A parent who just shows up sometimes make the child feel like he or she did something wrong and that's why that person is only around sometimes. So Melissa, your kids have you, constant, always, and that's all that matters. But a check or a little babysitting from SIL once in a while would be nice, but to expect him to be a parent, you don't need him at all.
I am starving. I want to eat everything in sight,but I'm not going to do it.
Laura

neo98292 02-13-2006 10:40 PM

I sometimes think that is the way to go-especially when the parents aren't on the same page. Now my youngest brother and his wife are on the same page and my brother is very involved with the kids. He took a week off since the birth of Kayla to be home and help out. I am just not expecting anything anymore at all. I am on my own and that is just the way it is. I can't be disappointed if I don't expect anything but I am still going to need more than a couple of days to cool off about the whole thing. Makes me wonder what these people are thinking when they have all these kids. I have made it work this long and I can keep doing it. I know it all is just getting to me more since TOM is here. I have been a leaky faucet all day long. Therapist got some, mom got some, dad got some when he brought me the flowers for Valentines day. I think I am going to bed early tonight just so I can maybe get this out of my system. BE STRONG LAURA day is about over for ya.
melissa

fancyfrog 02-14-2006 01:41 AM

Not much time to post, been busy all day with hubbys stuff, now I gotta pack and get some sleep! Yesterday we celebrated Valentines Day since I won't be here, we went to a chinese restaurant-bad idea! After eating OP for so long both of us were sick all night! Then I weighed at Curves today and I'm up a lb from last week:mad: My body fat % was down though! I'm hoping the weight is from all the sodium in the chinese food?? We'll find out next Monday.

Melissa-BIG HUGS:hug: to you! Stay strong! You know God has big plans for you and those kids!!

Laura-I hope you made it through the night!

Sandi-So sorry about your cat. When I was growing up we had a cat that lived to be around 20, then one day she never came back. She was so sweet.
My daughter took her 13 yo cat to Washington with her last year. Lately the cat has been acting very strange and peeing everywhere. I told her to take her in and check for urinary infection. They did some tests and everything was fine, so you know what they gave the cat??????????? PROZAC! Have you ever heard of such a thing? It's only been about a week, my daughter said there hasn't been any change yet?

My nsv's for the last week- Last week I bought a pair of mens sweats(I like them because they are longer and have elastic at the ankle) and they were a Large! I wore mens XL and XXL for SO LONG!!! Today I bought a ladies sweat outfit to wear tomorrow, the pants are an 18/20 and the jacket 22/24!!! :carrot: Can't wait to see my dad and sisters tomorrow!! The last time I seen any of them I weighed 45 lbs more!!

Well, I will try to check in while I'm gone, but if not, I'll check in Thurs night when I get home! I hope everyone has a great week!!

Kathy

MistyDreamer 02-14-2006 09:45 AM

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!!!

Melissa--sorry to hear your SIL is being such a southbound end of a northbound mule!! As for the tax issue, unless he provided a certain percent of support, I don't think he is legally able to claim them. I would check with a tax guy first. After all, you take care of them and should by all rights be able to claim them on your taxes! I don't understand this generation of 20-30 y/o (no offense to any in that age bracket) it seems there are quite a few men and women in that age that just dump kids on their parents like a sack of groceries. I know of at least 7-8 people who are raising their grandkids because the parents are too busy living their own lives. Don't they know about birth control? Responsibility seems to be an obsolete concept these days. It's not just that age either, a lot of men in their 50's are walking out on their families too. It seems that people have become more selfish these days. Okay, enough of the rant.

Not so good with food yesterday, a lot of our patients family brought us chocolates at work. Temptation won. (I'm going to chalk it up to having to go through a 9 day TOM, that's too long for anyone to hold out).

I'm facing a real tough decision by the end of the month. They want me to move to day shift which dh is all excited about. Problem is I will lose $3 an hour in shift differential. That's a large loss over a year's time. Since I am the wage earner of the family now it worries me that it will cause us problems down the line. I would love to be on a more normal schedule. I guess I want to have my cake and eat it too!!!

My NSV for the week, I finally fit back into the leather coat dh bought me when we first got married. It's still a little snug but I can close it!!!! I never would have thought I could put it on until dh mentioned the other day that he thought I had lost enough weight to get into it again. Curiosity got the best of me and I just had to try it on. It really made me feel like I was finally accomplishing something.

Oops, long post again!!

Bedtime for me, Have a great day everyone!

Suzette

neo98292 02-14-2006 01:01 PM

Yeah I think I am going to give him the stipulation that the girls see some of that money. He can get me a gift certificate for somewhere and I can use it for groceries diapers or whatever else the kids need. It just isn't fair that he get even more money to spend on his stinking self instead of these kids. Mom keeps telling me I have to let it go. I know I do but it just keeps grating on me. I didn't sleep very well last night because I have my knickers in a knot over the whole thing. I got an email from his mother today and chipper and nice and how great it was to have jason home-guess what? I bet his kids would have felt the same way if he could have taken some time out to come and see them instead of this stupid token visit he has planned.

I woke up this morning to snow on the ground about 3 inches or so I think. Josh's school is delayed for 2 hours so he is having a hard time with the time change and was also upset because he will miss his free choice time. Hard to explain things to him sometimes. I was going to run some errends today since I am out of milk again and I have an ebay purchase to mail so hopefully this mess will be gone tomorrow so I can get it done.
I ate chocolate for breakfast

Melissa

neo98292 02-14-2006 09:21 PM

Ok I tried to get our pic on here but it is too big so here is I think the url to see us. Let me know if it doesn't work.
http://photos.yahoo.com/carver12005

Ok I guess I should say Melissa is on the left and Laura is on the right lol. We know what we look like but you guys don't hehehe.

sandisuze 02-15-2006 09:30 AM

Yes but now we do know what ya'll look like !!!LOL ;)
what beautiful smiles and love the curly hair! ok i guess i have to break down and submit a photo so ya'll can see that i really am short :D I tried to post last night but we'll just say i hate dial up and then my oldest daughter has decided to stay at our place for a couple days until she starts her new job(and no she didn't ask- she just showed up) and she decided that our phone was her phone and her BF whom at this point I am not too sure about-many reasons with red flag warnings- but i haven't met him yet so i am withholding judgement as of now. I realize he is having car difficulties BUT borrow one instead of her asking us if we can drive her 40 minutes up the road- needless to say they were on the phone for hours and I just didn't want to fight about me using the computer.

Melissa- about your SIL- i'd tell him how much things cost and tell him you need the $$ - he is after all their daddy and he should take responsibility for helping at the least. i mean if he can buy someone a dozen roses then he can buy someone a bag of diapers. and since i am mean and rotten i'd email back his mom and say gee i guess you had a nice visit - i wonder if the girls would have enjoyed a visit too?? Bless you for having them and doing all you do but people need to step up and help you out. enough is enough. Ok off my :soap: now .I'd eat chocolate for breakfast too if i were you.

Suzette - what a great NSV!
Kathy- Prozac for a cat??? that is odd?? i can't get prozac for me :D :p great NSV for you too!
My NSV's have been small baby steps like eating fruit and drinking water. I am excited as when we move I can get up in the early a.m. and i have a place to walk. unlike where i live now i can't just go out the door and walk cause i have to worry about hubby getting to work and who will be with jocie when i am out walking. when we move it'll be ok as i can get up at 6 and walk and someone will be home with her.
I am wondering if it is the cold making me want to eat everything in sight??
maybe it's a hibernation effect :D
Oh and melissa- no he can't claim the kids unless he supports them over a certain % and if they don't live with him it has to be over 50% of their suport has to come from him. from what you've said no he doesn't. and if he does try to claim them the irs will smack him so hard his head will spin.
Have a great day !
Sandi

sandisuze 02-15-2006 12:53 PM

:woo: Even tho she's been AWOL :gift: happy Birthday Theresa!
We miss you- please come back to us! put down the Doctor Pepper and motivate us to exercise!:D

WARNING VENT AHEAD: :rollpin:
My oldest daughter needs to go back to her rental until her job starts Friday and she can move. it's not good with her in the house- we can't get along for more than 5 minutes. I guess she is at our house cause she can't talk for hours to the BF at night at the place she is living at till she moves on Friday.
Ok i am done -done -done-
i may be back later. with more venting.. i do not want the chocolate i do not want the chocolate i DO NOT WANT to eat the chocolate

LauraB 02-15-2006 01:04 PM

It's a BAD day. I have already had 1200 calories and it's just 1:00.
I think this is the reason even tho it sounds totally nut. On Saturday I tried on my pants that I have never been able to wear. I bought them last year. They are a 14. I bought them without trying them on and somehow I thought they were ok. They are now within an inch of closing comfortably. Since then all I want to do is eat. Help!!!!
Sandi- Friday is in just 2 days. She will be gone very soon. Sit tight. It will get better. I couldn't be near my DD for a long time without thinking I would brain her. Now we have a good time together
Laura

sandisuze 02-15-2006 09:32 PM

I know Laura-but i guess i think i raised her to be a better person and the way she treats her family and others just annoys me to no end. She did end up leaving tonight as i wasn't about to get up at 6 a.m. to take her somewhere in the morning. it is peaceful and quiet now and i can get on my computer. I do love her dearly but these last two years have been very rough and my patience is been rubbed too thin. nothing like what Melissa has to go thru but still upsetting.

I have no idea why i want to eat everything too- today was very bad and i ate and ate and ate even when i was full. all i can blame it on is me not being sensible and me being ridiculous- i'd like to blame it on upcoming deadlines at work -packing - moving - the cat etc.. but those are only excuses. i feel like a :moo: again- fat and bloated:(

I am such an impatient person- i just want things over and done-

I do have Friday and Monday off so that'll be nice - i can get lots done. Hubby and i are going out to lunch for our anniversary Friday and then having a kid free weekend saturday & Sunday- prolly one of our last for a while- although we can always run away for a night to the big city ( as we call orlando)
Talk to everyone tomorrow!
Sandi

neo98292 02-15-2006 10:38 PM

Well I had a nice hear to heart with SIL. He really had no idea what it costs for me to raise the kids but he got a dose today and he did give me few bucks so I am not going to complain. I forgot to give him SS numbers and I did tell him that chances are he would not be able to claim them. I just told him how I felt about stuff and he was very open to it so I do feel better now. He and his GF actually sat with the kids and I did my errends alone! We are supposed to get some arctic cold and they are saying snow again so I am glad I got some food so I don't have to go anywhere until next week.

NOW I GETTA BRAG! I got to meet Kathy today(fancyfrog) so now that is 2 of us! It was kind of hectic here with SIL and I kind of felt bad but it was so really neat to get to meet another one of us! I feel so special.

Sandi-grownup kids are the hardest and you also wonder how they got the way they are when you know darn well that isn't how they were raised. Love my daughter but even without drug use, there is no way I could live with her and I adore my mother but I couldn't live with her either.

Well I am pooped out as I don't think I have had this much company in ages!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY THERESA!!!!

Melissa

KayElle 02-15-2006 11:08 PM

Melissa and Laura...Great picture! It is so cool that you got to meet and it's nice for all the rest of us to finally be able to match faces with your posts. You are both so pretty and YOUNG looking. Melissa you really ARE lucky getting to meet TWO of us. That is so cool. I'm glad you patched things up with SIL. He needed that wake up call and I'm glad it went well. Raising kids is the hardest job on the planet. He should be SO grateful to you every day for all you are doing for his kids.

Sandi sorry about your daughter but I'm glad you have some peace tonight. Maybe once you de-stress a little bit you won't feel like you need to keep eating. Put it behind you and have a better day tomorrow. Just look at this as a reminder of how yucky you feel when you overeat and get right back at it.

We are in a winter storm warning for tonight and tomorrow so I guess we'll see what happens. If it does what they say it's going to do I will probably have an unexpected day off tomorrow.

I haven't been running for a while so today after work I thought I'd run instead of walk and see how it went. I was THRILLED I could go 3 miles and I wasn't even that tired or winded. I switched to walking then because one of my calves was starting to tense up (didn't stretch out before I ran - dumb I know). But I was still excited about 3 miles...the most I had gone was 2 and I haven't tried running at all since before Christmas.

I have a vent tonight, too...I am SO upset at our neighbor who lives across the road from us. He has been letting his dog loose all the time and then he leaves all day and the dog is just left to fend for himself. When we got home from work tonight this dog was out harassing our llamas from the other side of the fence. Had them all riled up and running around and stressed out. We have a guardian dog but she's IN the pasture with our livestock so she can't do much about a dog running them from the other side of the fence. My mom was home and said this had been going on for hours. Of course the guy isn't home so his dog is just running wild and nobody is responsible for it. Hubby went out and shot at it (just to scare it home, not to hurt it), and it ran back across the road and hasn't come back, but he did get a good look at it and said it's pretty skinny and he wonders if it's even being fed enough. This whole thing just makes me SO mad. I have a LOT of animals but you can bet that every one of them is very well taken care of and loved, how can this guy have just ONE pet and can't seem to feed it or keep it home. It would be one thing if it just got away from him or something but it keeps happening so that's not what's going on. My husband is going to go have a talk with him if he can ever catch him at home. In the meantime I am just fuming. We can't have an animal out there upsetting our livestock but it's not that dog's fault at all...it's his irresponsible owner.

neo98292 02-15-2006 11:55 PM

Bless you for the young compliment! I will be 42 next Thursday so I like hearing young lol.

Maybe you should call the local animal control? If that poor puppy isn't being fed and neglected he could get adopted out to another family where he can get love and attention. There is nothing worse than a person who has any type of pet and doesn't take care of them.

We are on storm watch here too. Supposed to even get down to the single digits temperature wise. Josh has a vacation coming so it would kind of be fun to get some snow and take the kids out to play in it.
Melissa