3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   summer starters 2/1/2006 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/75030-summer-starters-2-1-2006-a.html)

neo98292 02-27-2006 09:52 PM

What I posted was today's menu and I am happy to say I stuck with it! I make those muffins all the time Sandi. Josh absolutely loves them and it is one way to get some veggies into him. Ok should we post in the am what the menu is or wait until after dinner and then post what we actually ate-guess I am confused. It helps me to do my menu in the am cause then when I get those awe who cares I am eating (fill in drivel here) then I know I would have to go back and add or change ect. It would make me have to confess after putting down my good intentions. I sent the email to Theresa and so far it hasnt' come back but she hasn't answered either :0( so not sure what to think. Just hope she hasnt' given up. I think losing weight is one of the hardest things a person can do because you can't just stay away from food and never touch it again-well you could but I don't recommend it. BUT I am doggone going to get this stinking done period!

Here is the layered mexican casserole-I thougt it was pretty darn tasty and I used the mango salsa instead of regular. Once I had that mango salsa I just can't use the other anymore.

Layered mexican casserole

1 serving olive oil cooking spray
2lbs uncooked chicken breast boneless and skinless
30oz canned black beans rinsed and drained
3c FF sour cream
2c shredded reduced fat monterey jack or mexican style cheese blend
2 (4oz) cans chopped gr. chilies
2t ground cumin
1/2t black pepper
12 med corn tortillas, cut into 2" strips
1c salsa

Preheat oven to 350. Coat lasagna pan with cooking spray.

Place chicken in medium saucepan and fill with enough cold water just to cover chicken. Set pan over high heat and bring to boil. Reduce heat to med and simmer until chicken is cooked through about 10min and drain. When chicken is cool, cut into 1" pieces.

Transfer chicken to lg. bowl and add beans, sour cream, 1c cheese, chilies, cumin, and pepper. Mix well and set aside.

Arrange half the tortillas in bottom of prepared lasagna pan, over-lapping pieces to cover surface. Top tortillas with half of chicken mixture, layer with remaining tortillas and then top with remaining chicken mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese.

Bake until filling is bubbly and cheese is melted about 30 min. Let stand 5 min before slicing into 12 pieces.

Serve with salsa on the side
6pts=there was no calorie for this one but I would think it is about 220 calories or so give or take. Probably give lol. I am just not industrious enough to add all the calories and divide.
Melissa

LauraB 02-27-2006 10:20 PM

Sandi- I think it's better to post what are going to eat because that way you are more inclined to stay with it.

I made a 10 lb chicken on Friday so we have lots of chicken so Tues will a repeat of today.
Cheese omlette with sausage and a fruit
chicken salad on 1 piece of bread for lunch
left over chicken stir fry with 1/3 c rice for dinner.
snacks will be an orange and some frozen mango.
Laura

neo98292 02-27-2006 10:53 PM

Since I have to be out of here in the am I am going to post Tuesday's menu just in case. I like to have everything done for mom when she comes to watch the babies so she doesn't have to work so hard.

Breakfast
1 egg 2pts
2 slices reduced calorie bread 1pt
1T jam 1pt
orange 1pt
Lunch
plain hamburger 6pts
sm fry 5pts
either diet soda or water (haven't decided yet lol)
Dinner
mexican layered caserole 6pts
lg salad 0pts
2T reduced calorie salad dressing 2pts
Snack
Apple 2pts
Total for day is 26pts out of 26pts
Melissa

neo98292 02-28-2006 06:03 PM

Ok heard back from Theresa-her little guy is having major ear trouble but she is OP and hopes to be back soon. She is ok!
Melissa

cadwell125 02-28-2006 06:35 PM

yay! theresa is coming back! that's great you heard from her melissa. hope her son is better soon though.
sandi, that's awesome you found your ring. i would freak out if i lost mine.
i really like this food posting idea. if i say i won't eat a cupcake, then maybe i won't :devil: my grub for today:
breakfast (280)
1 c yogurt (120)
1/3 c granola (125)
1 tbsp jelly (35)
lunch/snack (570)
1 luna bar (180)
1 marie callender pot roast (330)
1 bag dried plums (60)
dinner (590)
1 baked ravioli (350)
2 glasses wine (240)......1340

hmm. well that's not as low as i would like, but ok. pretty typical. since i usually record my calories at the end of day, i am often unpleasantly surprised at how much i ate. maybe this will help me plan in advance and cut calories.

neo98292 02-28-2006 07:20 PM

I know posting has sure helped me the last two days! I was so proud that I even stuck with what I was going to do at lunch today. In fact, I don't think I have ever walked out of McD's that cheap even when I would go by myself in the past.
Melissa

LauraB 02-28-2006 10:52 PM

Food posting is good!!!!!!

for Wednesday
spinach cheese sausage omelette
fruit
yogurt and mango shake for lunch

cauliflower,carrot, soup with some ground meat in it for supper
fruit
I stayed op today and worked out for 1 1/2 hours. The water in the pool was warm, but the air was so cold, so we just stayed deep and worked out real hard. I love it.
Laura

sandisuze 03-01-2006 09:07 AM

I am liking the food posting!
yesterday was all OP except i was so hungry in the afternoon i had a luna bar so that's not a bad addition to my Tuesdays food post!

YAY! We will see Theresa again :carrot: I know i had the wrong email addy for her

Today is like this for food:
Kashi Heart to heart/ Skim milk/banana
ham & veggie wrap - baked lays/apple
vegetarian enchaladas/ salad
snacks/dessert are SFFF Jello/strawberries (almost gone)/ a luna bar
PlUS WATER!
I need to start pointing or calorie counting my meals on here too-

In addition to my ring i also found the very first cd i ever bought which was Billy Joel's Piano man and i am driving my family crazy by playing it- :D

I am crazed at work these days it seems one thing rolls into another and we used to have "down time" but doesn't seem that way anymore.
I hope everyone has a great OP day
Now i just need to find time to exercise i'd better take kayelles advice and just DO IT!
Sandi

neo98292 03-01-2006 11:09 AM

Good Morning!
Breakfast
muffin 3pts
bananna 2pts
Lunch
meatloaf 5pts
2oz roll 3pts
2t butter 2pts
orange
Dinner
Mexican casserole 6pts
big salad 0pts
2T dressing 2pts
Total 24 of 26 pts

I have to confess I blew it bad last night and truthfully I have no idea why I did it. It sucks!
Melissa

LauraB 03-01-2006 12:35 PM

Do we need to start a new month site?
Laura