3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   summer starters 2/1/2006 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/75030-summer-starters-2-1-2006-a.html)

cadwell125 02-01-2006 10:14 PM

summer starters 2/1/2006

hey everyone! it's a new month, time for a new thread. let's get to thinking real quick about a challenge for february. i'm still stumped. my gut feeling is that some kind of nsv should be incorporated somehow. anyone new who's looking for a great home here on 3fc, we welcome you join us -- we are supportive and motivated to succeed.

sandisuze 02-02-2006 09:20 AM

i'd like a NSV challenge added too
right now i hate the scale
I will think of ideas and post later
Laura and Melissa NO FAIR! applebees together - seriously i hope you two had a blast!
Where is Everyone?? i hope all is ok - i worry about everyone when they are not around.
I have become addicted to luna bars- had no time to eat when dealing with FIL and the hospital -they had the bars in the snack bar so i grabbed one and now i am addicted.
I have decided that i am just putting food in my mouth because i can. NOT because i am hungry. i need to learn what hunger is and not just bored or eat cause food is available. I need to eat to live not live to eat. (yeah I ripped that off of the biggest loser :lol: )
have a great day!
Sandi

neo98292 02-02-2006 12:04 PM

Thanks for starting the new thread-I totally spaced it. Yes I think some NSV's would be good but I will have to actually think lol. Yes it was me who got to have lunch with Laura and it was a blast. The time just went so very fast but it was so nice to "see" on of us. I have just had lots of errends ect the last few days and by the time I get them all back, I am a veggie. Katy did stop by the other day. Apparently she was in jail again on some warrant. I read her the riot act because not only was she washing her clothes she was washing the losers she hangs out with. Told her no more or she loses privilages. Not my problem they are all too lazy to get a job and be responsible-it isn't mine. She did tell me Michelle isn't happy with her though and I tried to remind her that dependency can be cancelled anytime and if that happens, she won't be able to keep any children she gives birth to. She said she is due in July or Aug so at least that gives me more time-now I am also questioning whether she is preggo or not. She still hasn't gone into see the dr. Oh the saga rolls on!

Ok off to play Pirate the World and then I have to get busy lol. I found this game and now I am addicted.
Melissa

cadwell125 02-02-2006 02:17 PM

wow, that's awesome that you and laura got to hang out melissa. i know how those pirate games can be addictive. i kicked my pirate game habit, but only after weeks of playing pretty much non-stop ;) i keep on hoping that kate will see the light before the baby is born ( if she is pregnant.) well, there is time left, so that's good.
i love those luna bars! they are much better than other similar bars. the lime one is the best i think.
i am looking forward to having an op day. i just had a pretty big breakfast, so i am going to have to watch it later on today. i have less than two weeks for my mini goal, so i need to get busy. i thought of one nsv that would be good for me, and that is to control snacking. i have developed this habit of snacking, not always on healthy food, and i want to try and cut that out.

neo98292 02-02-2006 02:56 PM

Fortunately there are only 600 free moves a day so that keeps me from getting on there every spare second. One guy found an xbox on an island. Now if I could get those scurvy bilge rats to quit looting me while I am not at play!
Melissa

sandisuze 02-02-2006 09:26 PM

hmm i have never tried the luna lime bars.. I need to check those out. of course i will eat anything that has chocolate on it so i use the luna bar excuse to get my fix in. they don't taste like cardboard or paste so i likes them!

I CAN NOT get addicted to pirate games.. i spend way too much time on video games i get addicted to. 2 years ago i was given the old school ninetendo & tons of games for my Bday and i played super mario for hours on end. no laundry done, the house went to heck and i ate non- stop potato chips. NO pirate games for Sandi.
although i really adore Movie pirates if they are Johnny Depp or Orlando Bloom

i am so glad you and laura got to have dinner together. I bet ya'll had fun!

I have come to the conclusion one can talk until one is blue/purple /red in the face and one's "grown-up" kids will not listen . for any reason. and all we parents are, is stupid, annoying, and worthless.
I hope katey gets it together- something has to happen to get her attention. i hope it does before it is too late.

well i had a great OP day today until i got home and decided to eat everything in site. i mean what was up with that?? I atre a great breakfast and a good lunch - snacks were great and my fitday was awesome. now i am afraid to finish posting what i ate today. and i don't even think i was hungry. i have been going thru headaches getting off caffiene again. but thats no reason to EAT.

I am not sure if we want to do a group challenge like exercise like we did before -like say 3 times a week for Feb. or so many minutes? or the person who logs in the most exercise minutes gets a gold star?? or if everyone wants to do their own challenge? or pounds lost?? or set a goal and work towards it?? i think NSV's may be different for everyone. or someone please think of something better than i did :lol:

my NSV this month will be to drink my water.
i need get serious - i have only been half - butt doing this program. lazy lazy lazy slacker.

well i need to work on my fitday and see what i can do better. I read this book about losing lots of pounds in 14 days and it was all don't eat fruit and no grains and no dairy. I don't know but i really love peaches and nectarines and fruit may have sugar (natural) in it but i can't see how something that is natural/unprocessed can make you fat. I just really believe less calories in and exercise more and you lose weight. and i can't see how carrots are bad for you? i am having issues with all this don't eat fruit and don't drink milk -
i would think you'd be better off not drinking the artificial flavored protein shakes they talk about in the book??
oh well off my ":soap:"
sandi

cadwell125 02-02-2006 10:17 PM

i totally agree with you sandi. about the artificial foods not being as good for weight loss as fresh fruits and dairy. they just got done with that whole thing "eat three servings of dairy a day to lose weight." it doesn't matter for weight loss though. low calories+exercise=thin. eating fresh foods as opposed to processed is fine.. it's healthy. and healthy foods are usually lower in calories anyway. but not always. i know all too well that avocados are healthy and high in calories, so i limit them. so many weight loss books are out there. it's just a bunch of folks trying to make $$$ imho. :soap:!
but mostly i agree with you about the fact that johnny depp is a hot pirate. and it's all about old-school nintendo. :lol:

MistyDreamer 02-03-2006 08:40 AM

HI guys! Just wanted to check in before I start another long stretch at work. It looks like we have some seriously AWOL gals. Theresa--I hope everything is fine with you. We really miss you and hope you come back soon.:grouphug: Kayelle---You are our inspiration, our muse;) hope to hear from you.

Dh did super with his eye surgery. Even the doc was amazed at how much vision was restored only one day postop.:carrot: That is a major stress gone from our lives.

I've been thinking about the challenge and the NSV for Feb. Part of losing weight is changing how you look at yourself,so how about a NSV that once a week we post something positive we noticed about ourselves personally?? Too corny maybe??? Maybe an exercise challenge of 3 sessions of whatever each of us do a week???:shrug: (Somebody help me out here, i'm sinking fast!!)

Melissa, can't the case-worker make Kate go to the doc? What about pre-natal care if she is pregnant, she should really have started that already. Since she is bound by the court so much you think they could make her do something!!! I think if you knew for sure and when a true due date was it might help relieve some of the stress. Easier to plan for the known instead of the unknown:dizzy:
Well my total weight loss for January was the best it's been in months, 14 pounds:dancer: :woo:
You are so right Candice. Weight loss is truly the old fashioned less calories in, more energy out. I keep my calories between 1200-1500 a day, try to make good choices but still count everything I eat. Sometimes you just need that piece of chocolate.:devil: My exercise is what's been really bad with all the hours I've been working. Most days I just fall into bed when I get home and sleep until about an hour and a half to two hours before I have to get back to work. My shifts are typically 14 hours a day with report time figured in. That's not counting 40 minutes of driving everyday. Somehow I have got to get some type of exercise in. Any suggestions??

Well, now I've got to work on the bills before I go back to bed. I hope everyone has a great weekend. I will try to post sometime during the weekend, not a promise, just a hope!!

Take care everyone!

Suzette

fancyfrog 02-03-2006 01:04 PM

Hi all, again I was lost wondering where everyone was in the old thread!:?:
Suzette-14 pounds is AWESOME!! I actually gained and lost the same 3 pounds in January:(
According to Curves I gained 1 lb last week, but I know it was all the chips and salsa I ate Sunday. My PMS demands salt!! I am doing much better this week, if I could just get myself to the gym more often, I've only been twice this week. I am going to Curves and the gym today and tomorrow. Hubby wants to meet with the trainer and the gym and get us a both a routine worked out. Right now we're just doing the treadmill and hubby does weights, but doesn't really know a routine. I read weight training will speed up metabolism so I really need to start some!
Well, I'll check in again later. Off to the gym!

Kathy

KayElle 02-03-2006 07:05 PM

Hi everybody! I haven't gone anywhere...I've just had a busy week and haven't had time to check in, but it's finally Friday! I am ready for a weekend. But where is Theresa??? It's really not like her to be gone so long. I hope everything is ok.

Congrats on a great month, Suzette!! 14 pounds is terrific!! Awesome!

I haven't tried Luna bars. I'm not even sure I've ever even seen one in the store. I might have to check them out. Yikes, I never would have lost any weight without fruit and grains and dairy. I'm sure it works for some people but those are things I could not (nor do I want to) give up. I probably eat enough fruit for at least 3 people in a day, but it fills me up and satisfies my sugar craving without packing on pounds so that's what I'm sticking with.

Count me in as another Johnny Depp fan. Definitly a very hot pirate. That's one of my favorite movies and I can't wait for the second one. I've never played the game you all are talking about, though. Sounds like it's better if I don't start. I am easily addicted to things like that, too. I play WordRacer on occasion and I love The Sims 2 but I rarely play it because once I get started I could sit here playing it all day and get nothing accomplished.

How cool Melissa and Laura that you got to have lunch together! I bet you had a great time. Sounds like a lot of fun!

I've been doing fine other than being busy and slightly tired. I've really been pushing the workouts since we are counting minutes for Lighten Up Iowa. My team is doing really well so far, but we are only two weeks in.

Well I need to go help my husband with dinner...whole wheat pasta w/marinara tonight, and I can't have too much because I still need to get a workout in tonight and I hate exercising with a full stomach.

Hi to everybody!! I'll try to catch up more tomorrow since I get to stay home ALL DAY! Whoohoo!!

Purplefirefly 02-05-2006 12:17 PM

:wave: I'm here, I'm here! :wave:

Where have I been? Let's make it short and say things were so busy and demanding on my time, I just went into autopilot for everyone else. I was taking no time for myself, which meant no exercise, eating whatever could be grabbed in a second (or even just cleaning after the kids when they were done), etc. On Monday I walked by the scale and dared to step on it. It said 240, so I hadn't gained through it all--probably all the running crazy! I realized I need to put myself first again or I am going to burn out. I started exercising again, went back to eating right, even if it means putting others off while I cook. I am feeling much better today. I actually have that thin, light feeling again!!!

Through the last couple weeks I have learned that everything in my life hinges on exercise. If I don't exercise I get cranky, and the eating and water goes right down the drain. When I exercise, I automatically make better eating choices to feel good for another workout, I drink the water because I inhale it while doing the workouts, and my mood lifts for the entire day. I have to exercise or everything else stops...very glad to realize that now!!!

Tried my BL DVD and LOVE it. thought I would die the first time :lol:

I can't go back and read everything, but I skimmed and saw that Melissa and Laura got to really meet! That is awesome!!!!! It would be nice to put faces to the names here.

:grouphug: sorry I disappeared, but glad to be back to thinking of ME and back to you all. Starting next Saturday I have 4 days straight of parties! Two to throw, two to attend. I was supposed to be helping throw the Valentine's party, but no one ever called me so I just kept quiet. I know, horrible of me, I should have spoke up and said "what do I need to do?" But I decided if they wanted to exclude or forget me, that's fine, I'll just keep quiet. I have been so crazy busy, it would have been hard to help anyway.

Theresa

neo98292 02-05-2006 03:48 PM

I am so happy to see you back Theresa! We have been worried about you. I am just plugging along here and yes it was so wonderful to have lunch with Laura-the time just went way too fast. Course you know me, I get around an adult and good luck getting away anytime soon. I am gonna talk your ear off! I went Friday to watch my son get award for caring. He was the only kid in his class to get one. Food is off again on again-I am just stressing over stuff way too much and need to let it go.

Oh i am getting much better at my pirate game too and looting and pilaging! I think it is theraputic and hey it is free-one guy earned 140 for the month in cash just for playing. Personally I want an xbox that is sitting on an island
Melissa

cadwell125 02-05-2006 11:45 PM

yay! theresa is back! that is so right about the gym. i wish i could get into the habit of going every day, because it really improves my mood and since i weigh at the gym, i want to do better on eating so it doesn't show up on the scale that i ate a grip.
i've been doing ok today, even though sundays are usually bad. i would have been bad and ate the rest of the cherry garcia after my nap, but dh ate it and saved me the calories :devil: i was actually mad for a second, but then i realized it was actually a favor. i am always starving and craving bad food after a nap for some reason. hopefully i will hit the gym later on. it's still early, so hopefully i'll get motivated to go.

cadwell125 02-06-2006 06:07 AM

well i blew it. no gym and i had a muffin and fries instead, and went way over on calories. dh and i got all pissy at each other and i went by myself to work to check my schedule and get some tea. then this girl invited me to go with them after close to denny's, and by the time we were getting ready to leave, i was really hungry. i had the muffin because it was free, and i am not sure why i had fries. i didn't have enough cash to get anything else, but why did i feel the need to get anything?!?
i am so mad at me!

LauraB 02-06-2006 11:30 AM

We are back from Seattle and San Diego. It was wonderful meeting Melissa. Now she has a face, and a very nice one at that. We talked alot, mostly about out kids, first her's and then my phone rang and kid problem #987,345,346 popped up to make me nuts. It's hard to escape even 3000 miles from home. I should flush the cell phone. Anyway, our lunch was lovely.
Food on this trip was fine till Friday. Then I blew it with junk. I did work out twice at a club in San Diego. Apparently some health clubs belong to an organization which allows travelers day passes. This one charged $5.00.
I never saw so many sleek, worked out bodies. Nothing like my little NY club with many overweight easy going women.
I am OP today and will workout again tomorrow.
I think a once a week NSV is a good challange, plus exercise at least 3 times and OP every day. Most of us, including me, have been slacking off since Xmas, and it's time to get real. Summer is in 5 months and It's TIME.
Laura

neo98292 02-06-2006 03:24 PM

Candice try to let it go-I know it is hard-especially when we just plain don't get why we did it in the first place. Hindsight can be cruel so dust off and start over. I have been there so many times myself. New day-new beginning!

Laura so glad you are home safely. I know about the slacking since Christmas thing. I am going to sit down sometime today and get the menu planned for when I go grocery shopping on Friday. Not much to chose from till then so I will just try and be as careful as I can.

Well you will never guess what?? THE SUN IS SHINING!!!!!!! Yes I know it is hard to believe due to where I live but it is. So....when I put the two younger ones down for their nap, I am gonna put some boots on Dess and we are going to go outside for awhile. I know most of the time will be pushing her on the swing but I may get some debrit out of the yard. We had terrible wind storm for like two days here. Trees went down onto houses and power was lost. The thing that got me was people were more worried about how they were going to watch the superbowl than the fact they had no power or a tree had split their house in two. Go figure.
Let's get it going again!
Melissa

cadwell125 02-06-2006 09:34 PM

lol laura. it was the same for me when i first went to the gym, back in 2002. everyone was so fit. i assumed that was howgyms were everywhere, but maybe it's a san diego thing. it was pretty indimidating at first, but then i just learned to do my thing when i realized that even though i was the fattest person at the gym, no one was staring at me. but i must say, it's great not to be the biggest anymore ;)
as for my little indiscretion yesterday, i'm over it. as miss scarlett would say. hopefully i will get up early tonight and go to the gym before work.

fancyfrog 02-07-2006 03:37 PM

Hellloooo??? Where is everyone? It's too quiet!
Well, weigh in was yesterday at Curves and I stayed the same:?: Oh well, much better than a gain!! I need to do the treadmill a few more times a week. I need to call the trainer also and get some type of weight lifting routine going. According to Fitday, I need to lose 1.4 lbs/week to be at 160 by Christmas. That is a very doable goal, I think. I would like it faster, but I will try to stay realistic!
Well, the weather is beautiful here, so I'm taking the kids and the dog out for a walk!
Check ya'll later!

Kathy

KayElle 02-07-2006 08:03 PM

Hi everybody!

I have been unable to get here ever since I posted on Friday and now I am way behind again! I kept getting the old server up until tonight for some reason, must have something to do w/my ISP. Anyway...I'm glad to be back!

Not too much new going on with me. I hope everybody is having a great week so far!

I have to speak to another class on the 15th. This time it's the Food & Nutrition class, I am nervous about it but I am kind of excited because this time it was requested by a student! My husband and I are both going to go talk about our weight loss, eating and exercise routines, etc. I am going to have to take some time over the weekend and figure out a general outline of what we're going to say since we will have around a half hour of speaking time and that's really quite a bit of time to fill in.

Well I better go get some work done around here and I'll try to catch up as soon as I can. This is getting to be a really busy time of year for me because I am a Prom co-sponsor and I'm also on interview teams for replacing anybody who might be resigning this year and we are starting in already with that.

Happy Tuesday, everybody!!!

LauraB 02-07-2006 09:14 PM

It's hard to get back on track after a few days of true badness. I am at 1700 calories, but I did a good aquatic workout this morning and I feel it in every part of my body. I highly recommend it if the facility is available. Today there was just me and another woman and the trainer, so it was terrific. The trainer was a man, fiftyish, and not looking too good. But the session was excellent. I am thinking that maybe he is losing weight and hasn't arrived there yet. I really feel no pain in the water, but later on i know I have really worked hard. The big problem for me is that i have to wash my hair before I leave and come home with wet hair and that is a big pain. I can't leave the pool chlorine in my hair or it will turn a new color, probably green.
Laura

sandisuze 02-07-2006 09:14 PM

i don't think I like February

for some reason i can not get on track- i am bloated and BLAH right now- seems i have been bloated for 3 weeks and no relief in sight. i am NOT eating anything salty or bad for me - i am drinking lots of water but i just feel all swollen and fat. in fact i upped my water on Dr's advice and my feet & face are so puffy- now they are worried about kidney issues with the diabetes. :(
I started new meds 3 weeks ago and wonder if they are the cause?? BUt i feel fat in my clothes and icky..sorry for the whine..

I didn't realize Ebay would become so time consuming but i am selling and loving it. i am getting organized with it and it is getting easier.

ok i have to admit instead of posting last night i got out the old ninetendo and played bubble boggle for an hour... should have :strong: but i didn't

i am not happy with this month seems i am on a permanent PMS right now..(poor Hubby)

Kayelle - you'll do fine - an outline always helps me when i have to speak. i am the type who can speak in front of 2 million people i don't know but hate to go to a party if i don't know anyone there. You are such an inspiration too-
weight lifting is supposed to help you burn fat faster as muscle keeps buring fat . (i think thats it.) Good luck kathy you can do it!:carrot:

Laura- i have been known to go, "wait- i'm losing you- what?? I can't hear you- i'll talk to you later" when called with crisis i don't want to deal with. i know it may not be nice but tere are times i can't handle things in a nice way. it gives me time to chill.

i am still thinking private island with no cell phones or troubles. just guys who look like johnny depp handing us cool drinks..

Theresa i am so happy to see you back! I missed you! hey let a mom who isn't crazed do something! I work and do so much other things and i get so annoyed at moms who don't have other kids or work cause they don't do anything at the school.

Melissa- glad to hear you have sun!!!!!:D

i guess i will just start tomorrow all over again. i can still exercise and eat right even if i am all puffy.

have a good day tomorrow everyone!
Sandi:dizzy:

neo98292 02-07-2006 10:28 PM

Kathy better to maintain than to gain I always say!

Kayelle you are going to do just as well with this lecture as you did before. It will actually get easier the more you do it. Practice makes perfect.

I would talk to your dr. Sandi-it sounds like it could very well be medication related. Prescriptions are nasty things. Sometimes the side affects are worse than what we suffer from in the first place. Just sounds too coincidental that the feelings started the same time as the new prescriptions.

Hmmm green hair.....it would have you in the right frame for st. patties day. Nah-I would stick with what you got-it works for you. I really want to eventually try that aquatic excersize. I think it is one of the best I could do with this stupid arthritis of mine but I need to wait for kids to get a little bigger. I would even like to just take dessa and get her lessons if I could get mom to sit with the other two.

Got my menu done so waiting for friday to get here. I am with Laura-time to get the nose to the grindstone again and be serious. I seem to be maintaining and I want to be losing again. I screwed up my puter somehow and wound up spending most of the day getting it all back together again. Needless to say I wasn't a happy camper. Well I need to get the little ones all tucked in.
Melissa

MistyDreamer 02-08-2006 12:38 PM

Good Morning Everyone!!
It's a beautiful day here, a little cool but bright and sunny. Too bad I have to got to sleep as I have to work tonight. I have been OP most of the week except for yesterday when I did push the calories a little higher than usual. I still am not drinking enough water, and am not exercising. I plan to take my gym clothes with me tonight and go after work in the morning. Hopefully we will have a good night at work. My scale is sitting at 201 and not budging. I hope that when TOM is done it will start moving again. I am not going to change my ticker until I break that 200 mark. I am hoping It will go down by Valentine's day. Although Hubby already gave me my gift, :love: he wasn't sure about my schedule and wanted to give it to me when I was home. I have a beuatiful diamond heart necklace. Guess what The chain that came with it actually fits!!! That is a first for me as I usually have to buy a longer chain for any necklace!!! So I guess that's my NSV for this week!!!:carrot:
I found a dress that I would like to wear to my sister's wedding. The largest size it comes in is a 14 so I have got to get to work.;)

We had a girl in as a patient at work who had a history of a heart attack at 26. She weighed 324 now and all she wanted was food from Mcd's, Burger King etc.. She would pitch a fit when we told her that the doc ordered a calorie restricted diet and her family could not bring in outside food. I am sure that when she moved out of our unit to a regular room she had a regular fastfood buffet in her room. So sad to see someone so young killing herself with food. Her whole family was well over the 300 pound mark so I guess that is how she was raised to eat. I think that when I start back to school, my thesis might have to do with child obesity. I really think it is going to be the next big challenge for nurses in the future.
Ok off my :soap:
I hope everyone is doing well, it looks like it's been quiet in here this month. I am going to try to continue with not eating during my meal break at work, I really think that is what helped me lose the weight last month.

I made a mini goal for myself with an outfit as the reward for May 1st , I'll let you know if I get it.:beach:

Take care everyone,:grouphug:
Suzette

neo98292 02-08-2006 01:05 PM

So sad about your patient! If a heart attack doesn't give a wakeup call, not sure what would do it. It must break your heart to watch.

Well with my computer fiasco yesterday, I lost all my crockpot recipes so that bummed me out. I still know there are stuff for favorites that I just can't remember yet. Josh came unhinged when he found out-like I wanted it to happen. Counting to friday so I can get some healthy food in the house.
Melissa

Purplefirefly 02-08-2006 09:07 PM

I am also finding that ebay is more work than I imagined. I have made almost $400 in two weeks, but it has taken a lot of time. My feedback score went from 0 to 14 in those two weeks, and still I have 15 people who haven't left me feedback...when I kNOW they received their stuff :mad: okay, I just want a higher score :lol: I spent a lot of that $$ buying clothes for me and Allie (she will be naked soon, it's very difficult getting her ready for school this week, NOTHING fits, fit last week but not now). I bought almost $100 in clothing, new with tags, all big name brands that I haven't even dreamt about since I had the kids...and all in a size 16 :o They are for summer and I am panicking now thinking I have to get there now, because we can't afford to rebuy it in a bigger size. I am in a 18 now, so it's just one size down...I CAN DO THIS. I just don't feel like I can.

I have lost all focus on me again and it's hard to shift back. I've been potty training Tyler, dealing with a very smart a** attitude from Allie (since when did preschoolers talk like teenagers?), and taking care of Mawmaw, who is getting really bad with her memory and I have to drag the kids to check on her daily. I have been doing ebay and it has been hectic with that, and spending time shopping ebay too. I am happy that tonight I sold all but 3 things, and they have a few days so I can relax from that. I have to ship 9 packages tomorrow then will have to get the hosue cleaned up...it's a MESS.

Hubby said for Valentines I can have any digital camera I want, I have been wanting one for a long time, so I did all this research and settled on the Canon PowerShot A620. It's $399 in all the stores I checked, plus tax, but I got one off ebay for $320, shipping and all. Will pay for it tomrrow morning and hope it comes QUICK. I have a closet full of things to put on ebay, now that I am addicted to that extra $$, and I have to get the camera to get the pics and do it...lugged it all to a friend's house and back again last time, and will NOT do taht again, what a hassle.

Okay, I am really glad to be back and to hear everyone having the same struggles I have. It's like coming home from a long trip :grouphug: LET"S GET SERIOUS...I have to be in my 16 clothes by summer. Here's my plan...and what is the plan for you other "let's get serious" people?

I will get up early every morning, back to 6AM, and do the BL DVD, working on the 6 week plan.
I will plan my schedules out night before on fitday, 1400-1500 calories AND STICK TO IT.
I will grocery shop tomorrow and deck the hosue out in healthy foods...and buy NOTHING unhealthy.
I will drink water, water, more water, and lay off the Dr. Pepper.

I need your help ladies....HELP.

Theresa

neo98292 02-08-2006 09:39 PM

Yep you aren't the only one struggling. I have things all laid out for when I can grocery shop on Friday so at least I got a plan. Having your own camera will cut down listing time for you on ebay. I am still waiting for mom to bring hers over so I can get the pics done. She has been a bit hurried herself of late. Wish I had made that much over the last two weeks. I did sell couple of books and I have few things selling right now but I am not even near the 100 mark yet. It will take less time as you get a groove. Oh and people suck about giving feedback too. I don't think I have made it to 50% of customers leaving it for moms doll clothes or any for what I have sold lately. I don't leave it anymore for sales. I tell them to leave it when it arrives and we will do it then. I figure if feedback is important to them, then they will leave it otherwise I am not taking time out to do it.
Melissa

cadwell125 02-08-2006 09:42 PM

long pointless post

:cry: today was awful and it's not even over yet. grrr. i was dead tired at 4 this morning, but i had to go to work anyway. right after i got back from my break and the morning rush was starting, some errr, *lady*, cussed me out through the drive-through headset for no reason that i could discern. oh now i remember.. she wanted a hot chocolate, but i initially thought she said white chocolate mocha. and in fact, that is what she said -- the other girl with a headset at the time agreed she said it. i guess it should be no big deal, but is just one of those things i just can't handle. not only can i not tolerate rudeness, but i can't even *say* anything to her. <pulls out hair>. what is it with people that they will treat people this way just make themselves feel like big-shots? it's like people are just not human beings to each other any longer. we're more like dartboards. it's little things like this that kill any hope i harbor for humanity. :rolleyes:
after that my wisdom tooth started throbbing until i just couldn't take it anymore, and i broke down and went to the dentist, even though my insurance hasn't kicked in yet. now i owe $459 for a deep cleaning, that by the way, was *excruciating.* i still have to have two fillings, the other side deep-cleaned, and of course, four extractions of my ridiculously impacted teeth.
to top it all off, i am too behind on my 2/14 goal to reasonably make it. i guess i blew it again.

neo98292 02-08-2006 10:00 PM

Neither long or pointless Candice. People are not happy so they take it out on others and unfortunately those who deal with the public get to get the brunt of it. I got into trouble many times when I worked in the grocery business because I refused to allow anyone to talk to me that way. I never cussed at them or anything but I did refuse to serve a few times. Of course I got into trouble for it but I didn't care. I still don't let people do that to me but it is hard, especially when it is such a new job for you. People suck sometimes. I have had those "deep cleanings" and my heart goes out to you. You have done alot and you need to focus on what you have accomplished. I am not anywhere near my goal either for my birthday and I have to say it is all my fault but such is life and I am not going to let it bug me. Sounds like it was just a rough day overall for ya. Take a nice long hot bubble bath-you deserve it.
Melissa

cadwell125 02-09-2006 01:54 PM

that's a great idea. i am going to do that as soon as i finish my breakfast. i always take a bath instead of showers, so i don't think of it as a relaxing luxury. but today i will! at least i got plenty of sleep last night. the dentist gave me vicodin for my tooth so couldn't stay up to watch the movie, and i fell asleep at 10 p.m., and woke up at 10 a.m. hopefully work today will go better, since i'm not working in the morning, and not at drive-through. usually i don't like the slower shifts, but today it's just the thing i need (well, a day off would be even better.) i need to catch up with my food log and go to the gym though. other than that, tonight i am going to take it easy.

laurie2275 02-09-2006 02:21 PM

Hi. Im new, saw this thread and thought you all seem pretty cool. How has this whole 3fatchicks thing worked for you. Has it really helped with the weight lose to be connected? I hope so...

Right now I have a hubby and a local buddy for some support. We are all on a low cal diet (just for a few weeks). I saw this sight way back when and thought I should check it out again. I am 30 with a 4 yr old. I live in NH. I own 2 small businesses. I sell ink and media for large format printing and own a wine shop. So, Ive been way busy and eating out WAY too much (sometimes 4-5 times a week) and gaining and gaining. I was 180 (already big) and now 230. I have to lose the weight for me and for my daughter too I guess. I have started bringing lunch to work, drinking a ton of water, and I am going to start working out soon.

PS..I have done eBay in the past and was making almost 600 a week. SO I know that whold thing too. Maybe we have something in common?....

neo98292 02-09-2006 04:25 PM

Welcome to the group. Yes this a great bunch of gals and they have been a lifeline for me. I have a place where I can vent, get good advice, get encouragement as well as give it. I am almost 42 and raising 3 grandkids ages 3, 2 and almost 9 months along with my 9yr old son with autism. I have been trying my hand at ebay but not doing the volume that I would like. Mostly sell American girl outfits but I have thrown other things into the mix lately too. You sound like a busy gal but it can be done with some planning and looking ahead. You are already ahead in the game with a supportive hubby! We all look forward to getting to know you
Melissa

KayElle 02-09-2006 07:24 PM

Hello and welcome, Laurie! You have found an awesome group here. They all have helped me lose the last of my extra pounds last summer and fall and they've been helping me stay on track and maintain since ever since then. Congrats on having the supportive hubby...some people aren't so lucky, but fortunately for me, my husband has also been extremely supportive (he also lost a lot of weight, plus he does all the cooking so it was really important to me to have his help. It sounds like you are extremely busy, but do try to schedule in some time to get started with exercise when you can. Even if it's only for a few minutes, it just makes you feel good. I hated exercising when I first started but now I look forward to my workouts and it just doesn't feel right if I miss one.

Sorry about your day yesterday, Candace. People can be such jerks. That was one thing I hated when I worked in a store. I always felt I had to be so nice no matter how bad people acted. Kudos to you Melissa for not being afraid to stand up to people like that. You are right, you shouldn't have to put up with anyone treating you badly. It's funny, when people find out that I work with teens that have academic and/or behavioral problems they think I must be crazy for thinking I have the best job in the world, but I have never, EVER had any of these kids be as disrespectful to me as some of the adults I used to have to deal with in my previous job. Sure, they have bad days, too, but for the most part if they are treated well they respond in kind. I definitely can't say that about some of the people I used to have to deal with.

So glad to see you are back, Theresa!! It sounds like you have been really busy! Good luck with the potty training! My son was so hard to train and it took forever. My daughter was like a dream, though. She was only a year and a half old and it took a whole day! She wet her pants one time and didn't like it so she never did it again. I was, and still am amazed by that.

Well, my husband is calling me so I better go see what's up...hope you all have a great night!!!

cadwell125 02-10-2006 07:45 AM

thanks for your encouragement kayelle. in this situation i didn't really get a chance to say anything because the other girl at drive-through took over (bless her heart). even if that had not been the case, i don't think i would have been able to say anything, because in general i freeze up when people are that rude. i just can't handle it and i go into shock. i always think of great comebacks later though. yesterday i had two really rude customers again. one of them was even a coworker from another store who came in for a drink! she told off my manager because he wanted to see her i.d. (a little anal, but within the discount policy, of course). sheesh. it's only coffee people! get over it!
well i better be off to work. here's to another op day for all us summer starters! and welcome to the group laurie! hope you enjoy posting with all these great gals here. they are super-supportive. me too, i guess ;)

sandisuze 02-10-2006 09:05 AM

Tried to post last night but my computer was acting up. I so want a new computer but the $$ I had saved for it is going to fix the truck. Grr i can't win somedays.

Time to play catch up:hug: to everyone

Laurie :welcome3: This is an awesome group of ladies - there are days i'd want to eat a 5lb box of chocolate BUT i come here and although i still want to eat the candy- i don't- these ladies help me thru it! My hubby is from NH- he wants to go back for a visit next summer - it's been a few years since he's been there. He's lived in Nashua and Hudson- planning is EVERYTHING-
Melissa is SO right - again ;)

Wow Theresa- YOU are not only our exercise Queen but our Ebay Queen! I made 80.00 last week and so far 60.00 this week - the Extra $$$ is nice! Hubby says i am going to run outa stuff to sell and i said Nope- i'll get into your stuff eventually:p YOU CAN get into the 16's You know you can! and :snowfight STEP AWAY FROM THE DR. PEPPER- all artificial coloring and flavors and calories - OOOO :fr: :yikes: hey where's candice with her food descriptions?

Candice- i would have envisioned pouring the hot drink over the ladies head-:devil: then again i tend to be oh so sicky sweet when i am confronted by rude people- i just go all kind and nice and it seems to irritate them even more. not nice i know but then they can't complain i was rude.
Hope the vicodin helped- tooth pain is like the worst ever.

:bravo: suzette on your NSV and what a nice gift !

I have never had green hair but did go orange for a few days- ( gf decided i would look as a blonde( never mind i have a ruddy complection and would look horrible with light hair.) and she over processed it and it turned ORANGE
( she was only in her second week of beauty school) well it took 2 weeks and alot of $$ to fix it! now i stick to miss clariol and have plain old brown hair.

well my FIL can't go back to work for 3 more weeks, if then- and it's looking more and more like we will have to move in with them- i don't really want to- BUT you gotta do what ya gotta do for family. and we can't see them losing their home- it is a HUGE house tho and we'd have a bit of privacy- plus they have an awesome kitchen -oh well things happen for a reason- we may not understand why but one day we will. hmmm they also have a huge back yard- i am thinking pool.
Have a GREAT OP day everyone- I am still trying for my NSV this week
and to exercise 2 more times so i can at least meet one goal!:carrot:
sandi

LauraB 02-10-2006 10:57 AM

It's good to be home again, but hard to settle down. My working out is good, but food is just soso. No junk, not too much, but not OP.
Everyone sounds good. I think we are all re energized to face the the next 2 1/2 months. When May comes I want to be able to look better than I did last May. Our anniversery is May 2 and last May 2nd, we went into the city for a lovely dinner, the opera, and we stayed overnight in a hotel. I was fat and looked yucky. This year will be different.
We are expecting a big snow storm after a very mild Dec and Jan. I am off to get some food into this house, human, cat and dog.
Laura

neo98292 02-10-2006 11:56 AM

Looks like we are both off to the store today Laura. Today is grocery day here too. My SIL is on her way to the hospital again today. She went yesterday but they wound up sending her home so mom called this morning to let me know they were on their way back again. She will have micah while Kayla arrives. I got my menu all set up and tonight I will sit down and get the dailies done for at least a couple of days. It is time to get serious again and get the rest of this gone.

I am with you Sandi-gotta do what you gotta do for family. It isn't always the thing we would choose for ourselves but if family doesn't look out for each other who will?????

Ok let's all get on the ball here and start moving those darn tickers down!
Melissa

KayElle 02-10-2006 09:29 PM

Hi, all! It's Friday!

I've had a good week. I got in a LOT of exercise today. I just finished the Billy Blanks Basic Boot Camp DVD with resistance bands. It's a 55 minute workout and it is SO HARD. I haven't even tried Ultimate Boot Camp yet...the basic one is still so hard for me. I can hardly lift my arms and legs afterwards.

Has anybody tried the Aquafina or Dasani flavored waters? I have a real problem drinking plain water, I just do not like it. This week I've tried the wild berry flaver and the grape flavor Aquafina and the strawberry Dasani and I love them all (the grape Aquafina is especially good). I know plain old water is the best but this has to be better than not drinking water at all and drinking diet pop all the time, doesn't it? It doesn't have any calories and it just tastes good. I really like this stuff. It does have splenda in it, but artificial sweeteners are one thing that I'm just not willing to give up.

Melissa do you have a new niece yet? How exciting! I hope your SIL has an easy delivery.

I had a great NSV this week! My husband put his arms around me and said "your abs are hard!". And the thing is...I checked and he's right! I didn't even realize it! I've always been so squishy everywhere I am still getting used to my new body. Everything is firming up and it is just amazing to me.

Tomorrow is a long day on the road for us. We are driving across state to watch an honor band concert that our son is in. He's already been there reahearsing for a few days. I like riding in the truck and I like concerts so it should be a fun day but I probably won't get a lot of exercise, and trying to stay OP in restaurants can be tough we all know. I am going to get up early and get in a good workout before we leave at least, and hopefully we can find something like a Subway for lunch and an Applebees for dinner. I really don't have any desire to splurge right now so I'd like to eat somewhere that I know exactly what I'm getting.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

LauraB 02-10-2006 09:31 PM

Sandi- It's so good of you to be willing to join your inlaws. It's hard, but the house sounds great and you will have privacy and you always sound like you like them.
Melissa- I'm glad you were able to go shopping and get the right stuff into the house. It makes stying OP easier.
I shopped a lot, 3 stores. DH came with me which means I bought too much. He just throws things in the cart.
Have a fun trip Kayelle. All the chain restaurants on the road are good for travelers. Outback is good too.
I'm cold and tired, so good night all.
Laura

cadwell125 02-10-2006 09:37 PM

cranky and bitter post #2

lol sandi. if i had been on the ball i could have chucked it out the drive-through window as her car went by. "but geez, ma'am, you sounded like you really wanted that hot chocolate bad! here it is!"
sorry, but i don't really have a good description for dr. pepper, other than <insert valley girl accent> "vomit!" i am not much of a dr. pepper person. but the artificial, calorific, sugaristy, tooth-murdering nastiness would not be much good even if the taste was to die for. and it's so not. (that help? ;) )
well i am pretty bummed today. i am stuck at home with no car and no dh until tomorrow because of his church sleepover. my friend was supposed to come up, but she flaked. apparently she had a panic attack because of some traffic difficulties and instead of coming to visit me, she is taking a colonopin (or however you spell it) and going to bed. i suppose living where i do, i just don't have much sympathy for traffic-related stress incurred by folks that live other places (except you melissa.. seattle-area traffic is worse than lingering death). well whatever she wants to do is fine. i just took a vicodin and i think i will have a nap myself. if i stay awake, there isn't anything to do but eat anyway.

sandisuze 02-10-2006 10:19 PM

well i guess it's pretty final and we'll be moving the end of March- not too bad as it goes- we'll have a big bedroom and a small sitting area, bathroom and a room for jocie on "our" end and the inlaws and Zach will be in the other two rooms- 1 master BR and a small BR with a bath in between for them and theres a living room,Den, kitchen,dining room in between all of us. and my FIL is thrilled as i love to cook and plan meals and he'll eat regular as he says. of course they'll spoil Jocie rotten - FIL can't work anymore- he is really doing ok but he was working 16 hours a day which he can't do any more and he can't retire till may . we are being good children and it'll be hard at times but they have been good to us. and I do like them.
(and i'll have DSL high speed internet :carrot: Whoo HOO!)

I am NOT doing good OP- kinda stressed about things and I HATE TO MOVE - even if it's only 3 miles up the road. when i was little we moved 15 times in 2 years. (long story) i am going to start NOW and not wait till the last minute - i am going to have one big yard sale and i think i will enjoy down sizing tho as i look around i have TOO much junk that i never use and is not necessary for any reason. and i will have many ebay items too- but some are too big (like couch - table etc. for ebay.)
I just wish i didn't EAT when i got stressed- my GF loses weight when stressed i gain it. of course i called the DR about bloating and he said well the new meds will cause weight gain unitl you get regulated.. :( thank you very much Doc. just what i needed to hear.
I am going to be busy making lists- and packing - i wanted to go shopping today but i got behind at work and worked over my normal time and had no time to go. Tomorrow is another day.more lists to make so i don't forget things i need to do around here before and after so we get our deposit back!

Candice LOL love the DP description! Theresa are you READING that???:hug:
Kayelle - have fun! I tried the dasani flavored water but it's too sweet for me. i like plain old non flavored no additions seltzer .
Well i am NOT going to hit my FEB goal but i tried and thats better than last year. I need to come up with some NSV's so i feel better.
I really need ot follow melissa's example and plan meals better.
well everyone have a good night and i am trying for an OP day tomorrow.
Sandi