Old 01-13-2006, 12:35 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 193.5/ 193.5 / 141

Height: 5'3

Hey Ladies, Thanks FGNM for the little talk, your great and keep up the great work you have come so far and goal is around the corner. I am gonna stay focused this weekend and I hope the scale will show the hard work come Tuesday. Words of encouragement for the weekend :
"He who has conquered doubt and fear has conquered failure" - James Allen
" Courage is grace under pressure"- Ernest Hemingway
"There is no security on this earth. There is only opportunity" Douglas MacArthur

Have a great weekend , stay focused and we will win this battle !!!
Stacey
Stayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 02:41 PM   #32  
masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5 ft. 7 inches

Default Continuing Goals

Hey- pardon me if this has been discussed before or on another thread. I am so new (just joined Tuesday of this week). I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Valentine's Day challenge and I think it is brilliant- props to our resident genius, FGNM!

So after we all lose 5% of our body weight and go out and get our sexy red dresses for v-day, do we then get to start in on a Saint Patrick's Day challenge? And then an Easter Challenge, followed by a Mother's Day challenge and so on and so forth? I think the challenges are a great way to get folks motivated to really drop the weight in a very healthy way with tons of support. Before too long, we will all totally be there!

And Hugs back to you FGNM!!! You are such an inspiration!!!
aimin4thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:06 PM   #33  
soon to be hot momma

Yep we will continue to have challenges and I think that it could possibly continue with the holidays as markers Im not sure tho yet but if anyone has a suggestion to the next one we should do let me know !!!!!
fatgirlnomore! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 04:00 PM   #34  
masterpiece in progress

Default Perfect!

YAY! I am so glad to know that the challenges will continue!!! I don't care if they are aligned with the holidays or not. It just seems that the holidays are nicely spaced apart and it is easy to find fun clipart and weight trackers to match them! Any way y'all decide to do it is just fine by me. If I am able to lose 8 pounds by each challenge, that puts me just 2 pounds from goal on Mother's day! I like the sound of that! It would be a nice B-day gift to give myself as I have a b-day in June.

SW 165
CW 164
VDAY GOAL 156
TG 130
Old 01-13-2006, 04:31 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Hope everyone is feeling positive and focused today! I've lost another pound, so I am in a good mood

The weekend offers lots of opportunities for mindless snacking, so remember: Weigh-in is on Tuesday....

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 04:43 PM   #36  
masterpiece in progress

Thank you, Judy- that is totally true about the weekends and snacking. The other thing about weekends that can sabotage diet plans is alcohol. My husband is a Shriner and the Shriners are BIG party animals so there is always the temptation to drink and that has wayyyyy too many hidden and empty calories. Does anyone have any great tips for social drinking without totally tanking one's weight-loss efforts?
Old 01-13-2006, 08:04 PM   #37  

Hello all, glad to hear that we are all psyched up to defeat overeating this weekend. I know that I am a little late on getting my act together and accepting this challenge but you all have inspired me tremendously, especially you fatgirlnomore. As of right now I am making a decision to lose this weight and change my life and my bad habits. Thanks so much for setting up this website and I am going to get off of this computer right now and exercise. I tried to set up my weight bar scale thing and we will see if it works.

[link=http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php] [image noborder]http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-retro5/slider-hearts/lb/170/160/169/.png[/image][/link]
Bloodbought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:05 PM   #38  

Well, I guess I don't really know how to do that yet. I thought I set it up and would only have to paste it in. Suggestions?
Old 01-13-2006, 11:30 PM   #39  

I want to take this opportunity to wish everyone luck with their weight loss!
Old 01-14-2006, 10:32 AM   #40  
soon to be hot momma

Exclamation

Thank you bloodbought for calling me an inspiration , although I dont see it that way! Iam just another chick trying to get healthy and finally be the weight I was meant to be! Your compliment got me through my work out this morning Thank you !!
Old 01-14-2006, 01:43 PM   #41  

Just a quick note to let you guys know how proud I am of all of you. Whenever I think about eating improper, I like to visualize everyone here and can hear you telling me to think why I'm craving hi-fat/hi-cal foods, and then I remember that my goal is to be healthy at any weight and being healthy does not consist of a KING SIZED SNICKER BAR! LOL You guys are my friends not only here but in my head as well. have agood wkend.
dawn7672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 12:47 AM   #42  

FGNM, you may not see yourself as an inspiration, but the fact that you have started this thread is proof enough that you have the ability to inspire people. In fact, all of us have the power to inspire others around us, our children, coworkers, family, friends, even the people we don't know too well like the lady ringing up our groceries. Besides, as we all lose this weight others will notice and see that it can be done!!! Hope everyone had an awesome weekend. Yesterday I was down two pounds, but some brownies and icecream got the better of me last night so we will see tommorrow at the weigh in.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:07 AM   #43  
masterpiece in progress

Default What happened?

OK- so I KNOW that today is not the official weigh-in day, so I shouldn't have even glimpsed the scale this morning, but I did and well, the news wasn't good! I was very very well-behaved this weekend and worked out like a mad woman, watched what I ate and did brutal amounts of housework and even a little manual labor. The scale is showing me up one pound. I keep hoping that it is just water weight (too much salt) and will go down before weigh-in tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

Starting weight 165
Current weight 165 ish...(I had lost a pound and was at 164- now )
V-day Goal 156
Total Goal 130
Old 01-17-2006, 11:21 AM   #44  
soon to be hot momma

Ladies look for #3 new post!!