Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 07:36 AM   #31  

Whats a crockpot?????!!!!!!!! hehehehe...you know me i don't cook i will let hubby do all that...Since he thinks he can cook better that is his job and he does use the ole crockpot quiet often.

Well since i been back from Florida things down there are falling apart. My uncle had a stroke this wk/end and my parents with the new medicare may have to leave where they are.....have to see what is going on there.....

well one of the kids came in continue later
Old 01-09-2006, 12:48 PM   #32  

I am going to start this post with asking for prayers for Desiree. She is having surgery today at 12:30. I am not sure if I told you why so I will anyways. She has a large cyst on her backside that was lanced in the summer. It has been infected since and has grown. They will remove the cyst and an area that will be about 4 x 3 inches and about a 1/2 inch deep. She may be bedridden up to 5 weeks. She will be staying with us til she is feeling better. Please remember her in your prayers.

Sherry how are you doing? I hope that all is well. I know that you are worried honey. We are here for you. Have you heard any results? How are you doing on program? Come and post.

Shelley your school is so supportive. The aunt must appreciate all that you are doing for her. I can't believe that your temps are dipping down that low. Our highs have been warmer than that, which is unusual but I will take it. The only thing is we have problems with our roof ice daming. After last year and the ceiling fell in Larry was working on it yesterday trying to remove the snow and huge ice build up. He worked on it more than two hours and he still isn't done.
You should be proud of yourself for being able to run the half marathon never mind where you place. I am proud of you. Let me know of what you think of Becky's body attack class. It sounds like a killer.
Hey why don't you put your crock pot on a timer? Then your food wouldn't have to cook for 10 hours.

Gayle are you attending ww's meetings? One pound a week doesn't sound like much but it adds up. That was what my goals have been. I usually do it. I am not a fast loser so this wasn't discouraging. Like you say I love to cook and bake so it is tough to control my weight. I haven't been baking much since august. I still have some baking in the freezer since before then. I can't believe we haven't eatten it all. I didn't even have that much. I try to eat dessert only once a week. I haven't been great at that since christmas but I am getting back at it. I don't have many chocolates or dessert left. lol
I have cut back on exercising. I am walking, biking slowly, aqua fit, and swimming. All of these activities are done at a lower pace. I get to give it all I got at the end of the week to see if the meds are working. I am so tired on these meds. I feel so sorry for Larry. I have no energy and need up to 3 naps a day. I guess that is one of the reasons he didn't want me to go on these meds.
When I think of what you do with your hospice clients I know that you are a wonderful person. I am sure that it is such a satisfying experience for you.

Janice good for you for joining the gym. I am sure that you must be excited for your meeting tomorrow. Go slow though so that you don't pull to many muscles and get discouraged. Good luck.

Suzy wow your hubby and boys are tall. Gee I am a little pip squeek of 5'1. lol I am the little one in my family too but I am the little one everywhere.

Vicki the lurker! I am glad that you are posting again. I enjoy your posts. Congratulations for being on program!

Ramona I know that you must be extremely busy and exhausted at this point. How is Dan doing? Do you have some help? You are in my prayers.

It sounds like everyone had a good last week. If you didn't it is monday today and you can start fresh.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:41 PM   #33  

Just a quick post to Dee--my prayers are with Dez. I remember when she had the cyst lanced and you had to change the dressing. Please give her my love.

I'll post more tomorrow morning. Patty is waiting to use my computer.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:46 PM   #34  

Thanks Shelley!

I am getting very nervous now. They said that she should be ready to go home by 4:00. We still haven't heard from the hospital. There are no more mili brownies to eat.....now what?
Old 01-09-2006, 07:29 PM   #35  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Vicki ~ I'm sorry to hear about your uncle and the trouble with your parents medicare...I hope everything works out ok for all of them.

Dee ~ Desiree is in my prayers! I hope this surgery will take care of the problem and that she will be feeling better very soon!

Gayle and Shelley ~ You need to fill me in on these core recipes. I count calories...are these considered low calorie/low fat or just weight watcher friendly?
Old 01-09-2006, 07:59 PM   #36  

Hello All

I got a great report today!!!! No cancer!!! My polyp was large,ugly & gross but no cancer!! I just have to go every 2 years for a colonscopy because once you get them, you're prone to get more. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS!!!!

Another good note: I started low-carb about 70% last week and I lost 2 lbs!! This week I'm on it 100% so maybe I'll continue to lose and be ready for a nice swimsuit this summer!! That's my goal!!

CONGRATS TO ALL LOOSERS THIS WEEK!!!!!!! Let's keep it going!!!

Dee...Dez is in my prayers hon. Everything will be fine.

I'll post to everyone else later....got to finish our late dinner.

Love ya!
Old 01-09-2006, 09:07 PM   #37  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Oh Sherry, that is WONDERFUL news...really, really wonderful news!
Old 01-09-2006, 11:28 PM   #38  
Losing it!

Sher, thrilled to pieces it isn't serious!!!! I know you have been worried, now it's time to relax and focus on a healthier you. YOU DESERVE IT!

Prayers sent out to Dez, Dee! Please let us know how she makes it through the surgery. How long will she be in the hospital? Hugs to mom & daughter to get the two of you through the next few days.

Vickster, sorry to hear about your uncle. I'm glad the visit went well with your parents though. My mom is all worked up about the new Medicare prescription plan, she keeps hearing about "savings of thousands of dollars" I keep trying to explain to her it will not work out that way for alot of people including herself.

Suzy, I do not attend meetings, just learned alot of info off the net and from a friend. Basically it is eating low fat, clean, whole foods and getting rid of alot of the junk. Dressings etc. are fat free, meat cuts are lean and you can have brown rice, whole wheat pasta. You can have potatoes, pasta or rice once a day while there are plenty of other foods that are unlimited such as beans, dairy, vegs, fruit etc. there is no measuring, which I love, love, love!!!Shelley can probably explain it better!

Drum roll please! I am down 6 pounds! YIPPEE-YI-YAY!!!!!
I really thought I was eating to much this week, but the scale kept going down. I'm leaving my tracker in place though, I have a few more pounds to drop before it is actually correct. Piggy Gayle consumed way to much and gained way to much over the past few months! This week I decided to eat when hungry but to only eat core foods, in fact, I never did use any of my points for the week. It helped knowing food was available when I needed it, I believe it kept me from caving and eating everything.

Wishing everyone a TERRIFIC TUESDAY!
Old 01-10-2006, 08:41 AM   #39  
Janice

Sherry - I am so happy that you are okay. We were all really worried about you.
Dez- You are in my prayers. Hope everything went well, now just time to recover.
Gayle - Congratulations on the weight loss.
I have lost 4 lbs in the last week too. Yeah!!
Old 01-10-2006, 09:28 AM   #40  

Gayle and Janice--Congrats on the losses!!

Sherry--I'm so glad your polyp isn't cancerous! Whew!

Dee--Man, I feel for Dez. Hope she's OK after this.

Shelley--Great job on raising money for the little boy. Have fun in Becky's class We had one like that in the gym I used to belong to--I never joined in, but I watched a couple of times and it LOOKED tough!!

Gayle--I think I'm going to print out the post you pasted over here and use it for motivation!

Cheryl
Old 01-10-2006, 11:27 AM   #41  

Good Morning.

Thanks for keeping us in your prayers. Finally at 7:00 last night the hospital phoned and said that we could take Dez home. I was so worried because of waiting the three extra hours I was having chest pains. We didn't need two patients.
She is resting right now. When we took her home last night she felt no pain. She thought that she could go back to work tomorrow. By midnight she wasn't doing to well. The doctor talked to her after surgery but she doesn't remember what he said. All we know is that she keeps the same dressing on for two weeks and then he will remove it. She is on T3's.

Wow what a bunch of losers. Cngratulations Gayle for 6 pounds down. Unbelievable! Sherry way to go, for staying on program and losing 2 pounds. Good luck this week. Janice wow another loser, 4 more pounds down.

Sherry I am relieved to hear that you are cancer free. I am sure that you will be able to function better without having to worry about it. Stress is a bad thing. Now that you don't have to spend time on worrying do you think that you could post more? I miss you.

It is a sunny warm day today. Even though it has been mild we have not seen the sun. I think that I will sneak out for a walk while Dez is sleeping. I have to burn off the brownies I consumed yesterday. Do you think that I am an emotional eatter?
Old 01-10-2006, 11:45 AM   #42  
Losing it!

Glad to hear Dez's surgery went well! Pain medication is a wonderful thing! After Liz's surgery, she was chattering away or sleeping...it was when the stuff starting wearing off that we could of done without! Hopefully, they will keep Dez medicated enough she won't need to suffer too much. Give her a hug and tell her "Aunt Gayle" sends special get well vibes!

Janice, WHOO-HOO CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS! You are going to be one skinny minney by summer!

Cheryl, I agree...sometime we look at the big picture and it gets very depressing thinking of losing several pounds. When we break it down into little chunks, it isn't near so overwhelming. I KNOW you can do it!

Well, better get to work and sell some booze!
Old 01-10-2006, 07:15 PM   #43  

STOP!!!!!!!!!

Please Go To #62.........A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!
Closed Thread