Old 01-27-2006, 08:22 PM   #61  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Default Ice Skating

I have only been ice skating once 10 years ago. Now I'm supposed to supervise a 1rst grade class at an ice skating rink next Friday.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 09:17 PM   #62  
Not so starving artist

lol! That'll be fun, DS! (do you mind if i call you that? ive misspelled it a bajillion times already lol!) I bet your class trip will be a blast, and good exercise too! You'll probably end up skating around the rink to check on the kiddies anyway! And gettin paid! Woo! lol! I hope you have fun!!!
Nother update! My boyfriend might be moving in for a month and a half! WOOT! Then hes probably off to vancouver for a job (i might follow him there and do an internship during the summer) But living! Cool! lol! I hope it happens!
Miggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 04:20 PM   #63  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

weee Ice Skating!

DS~ I went with an entrie group of grades 1-6 last year the last day of my practice teaching it was sooooooo fun! and I had not been on skates in 10 years either brfore that day! You will have sooo much fun!!!! and the kids are sooo cute!!!! lol

Update on me: I have been at my boyfriends place this weekend, ate well for themost part! we looked at appliances for our new place, we found so really good prices!! I am getting super excited
Later gators
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 04:43 PM   #64  

Default Chasing Deaf Kiddos

LOL, I tried to talk them out of making the trip iceskating. I wanted to go snow tubing (for my first time). I will be definately be chasing after them. Don't forget you can't shout out deaf kiddie's names.

Speaking of that, do you know how frustrating it is to catch a kid running down the hall? Or how about by the time I get 5 of the kids to look at me to start class, they lose intrest and stop looking at me while I'm getting the other 5 kids attention. I have a feeling this is why the teacher/student ratio is MUCH smaller.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:04 PM   #65  
Not so starving artist

Tubing would be awesome.. i think ive only gone down a hill once on them but it was very cool!!! Maybe i'll add that to my to do list! Sledding on steroids! lol! And hey, i remeber being in grade one and being irritated by people who didnt pay attention when the teacher was trying to talk I can only imagine how it is! Ah the bubbly social life of youth.
Speaking of social, ive been having a good week as far as that goes! I went out to lunch with my friend from Highschool today, which was nice cause ive only seen her once since we left the old school! Also some nice chats happening with people in class that were very amusing. Then i passed out on the couches in a medication induced stupor. *chuckles* Its a very weird feeling - i guess when i eat light meals and then take this drug, it makes me feel like im under water, very dizzy, and unfocused.. and i move very. slowly. It said it may cause un-coordinated muscles, but it said nothing about slow motion. But so be it! But yes! Ive been eating really well! Lots of salads! Lots of water! (lots of hard candies to combat dandilion taste from pills!)Horray! Feelin good at 132! And i really hope this isnt just another rollercoaster of 5 lbs that seem to come and go randomly. Im going to try and keep my food habbits up and hopefully it'll make a difference! Usually i get bored of what i eat, and go back to old habbits, but it feels pretty different this time, and im really enjoying salads and healthy things! And almost no chocolate. Shocking, considering i had a two chocolate bar a day habbit for a while! 0_o And, my skin is in the best condition its been in in years :P (especially since there started to be some action on taking care of my health problems! what a relief!) Anyway thats all for now ladies! I'll probably report in in a couple days! Tootle oo for now!
Old 01-31-2006, 09:16 PM   #66  
Want them Muscles!

yay miggles!

Sound like you are doing gret keep it up!
I too am back down to 133!!! yay finally...odn't know what was up with the body last week!! I have been eating awsome...I am not crainy much of the junk, well except for a starbucks...I have cut that down to once a week, and jsut make my own the other days!! lol

well got to run and wathc NCIS!!!!
bye!
Old 02-01-2006, 06:32 PM   #67  
Not so starving artist

Woo! Yay Fitgal! Told ya it would pay off! Im glad you got over that bump! I noticed too that im not craving much junk food! I guess you just need a week off it and you're almost good to go! *laughs* actually ive been craving salad more 0_O I still go out to dine once a week - which is a lot better than once a day as before! Sadly im not saving any money yet though cause ive had some expenses the last two weeks :P Anyway how are you doing, DS? And does your name by any chance have to do with you working with deaf kids or is it something else? P.s. sadly, i didnt get to go ice skating last weekend cause it was too warm, and it was raining all day on the day we chose -_- Oh well. This weekend!
Old 02-01-2006, 07:11 PM   #68  
Want them Muscles!

hey!

I did rather well today, and I even went out for dinner...picked some healthy options and opted for NO cheese!!! weee...been craving veggies and dip so have been munching away on carrots and dill dip...yum!!!

glad to hear good things miggles!!!!

Later chica
Old 02-05-2006, 04:31 PM   #69  
Not so starving artist

Woot! Well. Ive been waiting to post since friday 130 lbs! WOOoooooo..t! I was actually a little under that this morning when i hopped on the scale, but i think its fair to take into account that i DO eat and drink during the day, and therefore weigh more. Really rough night though.. my stomach woke me up at 4 in the morning and i almost went to the ER because i was in so much pain. No idea what happened 0_O My muscles are all really sore today though because i tensed up so much.. it was like.. a constant sit up for an hour No wonder im stiff! Anyway i got back to sleep around 5, and things seem to be normal again today. Very odd. If it happens again maybe i will go to the hospital. Maybe its stress - goodness knows i have a whole whack of work i should have had done already - but i dont want anything exploding on me 0_O anyway I slept in late today because of that, so i didnt get to my yoga class. AH well. Theres always next weekend. And tonight Thomas (mah man) is hosting a superbowl party - we're all going to sit around drawing people playing football LOL! Either that or we'll get bored and watch movies. Artists and sports dont mix. Cooking salmon right now! Been craving it badly. Mostly in sushi form. So good. And so healthy! And then im going to throw caution to the wind and buy a cake for the party. Ive been good ANyway how are you ladies doing? and how was the skating trip!!
Old 02-05-2006, 05:35 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggles
Anyway how are you doing, DS? And does your name by any chance have to do with you working with deaf kids or is it something else?

I did get to go Ice Skating! I didn't know how at first, but I quickly got the hang of it. You should have seen a newbie slowly skating to the middle to help kiddos up. I skated the full 2 hours.

I work with Deaf kids but I'm also very hard of hearing myself.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:22 PM   #71  
Not so starving artist

Good stuff DS! Think you'll go again? sometime i'll get on the rink too - winter seems to have shown up finally. *WEEP!* Thats funny a lot of people i know now have bad hearing! My dad has tintinitus (high pitch ringing), and both my boyfriend and my friend Taby have punctured ear drums. I myself am headed for the early onset arthritis club. 0_o Ah well.

OH lordy. I fell of the wagon for the last couple days. We got 50 bucks worth of free pizza and soda when the pizza guy was late on the superbowl day. And i brought a cake with me. And today i went out for sushi (i actually had sashimi, which i dont think i'll do again.. theres only so much of the texture you can take). And i had like two chocolate bars. Ugh! I ate a salad for lunch though, and the sushi itself was healthy (i had water to drink). And now there are donuts. Taunted from all sides! AHH! Im going to have to stock up on healthy snacks again. My painting teacher actually introduced me to some corn/cheese puffs from a health/organic store right by my school. so i might whizz by there and grab a bag. Mm.. cheetos, but healthy! I still have homework up the wazoo but i have some extended deadlines now which is lovely. Maybe ill eat less comfort food now? Ah.. here's to hoping. I will cry if i yo-yo back up to 135 again. For the love of god its happened at least three times now! I think i really need to target why i fall off exactly and what keeps me eating junk after ive started! ..besides the fact that it tastes so good ! >.< So thats all for today! Will check back in a day or so! Tootles!
Old 02-07-2006, 09:32 PM   #72  
Not so starving artist

Sorry ladies, i just need to vent for a second. Side effects from antibiotics i took least week. freakin' yay. My tongue is the same colour as my teeth! ARGH!!!!!! It started on saturday and Thomas and his room mate said they both get it sometiems when they sleep with their mouths open. Well today in the evening i looked at my tongue again and its still like that. Read about it online and it sounds like some antibiotics create an imbalance in natural 'flora' in the body - i have a yeast imbalance. Make it stop! >.< I just want to be healthy again! GAH! Taking the day off tomorrow to deal with stress... Im feeling really on the edge, and its hard to eat well! I did well today and then came home and guzzled mini donuts while on hold to talk to a nurse for advice. Have up after an hour. No homework will be done tonight. Good thing reading week is coming up. But dear god... WHITE?! That is so wrong! Course its not urgent and i just have to sit on it until monday when i see the doc again. Le sigh. Anyway sorry about that. I just needed to let that out. Maybe itll help me avoid a snack attack. Still 130 lbs! yay!
Old 02-13-2006, 08:02 PM   #73  
Want them Muscles!

Hey !

Sorry I have been MIA a lot has been going on. Was in ottawa for a week to visit the bro...WINDTERLUDE rocks! had so much fun and did not eat Oh so well...but I am back and back on the wagon...I am in the middle of packing some stuff to take to the new place so that I have clothes to wear and plates to eat off of when i am there lol!...so yea
hope all is well!
Old 02-13-2006, 08:16 PM   #74  

I went snow tubing this past weekend (first time). That was great! We were out of school today on account of snow which means the teachers didn't get much time (all by email) to set up valentines day plans. I'm going in blind. The kids haven't even made their mailboxes yet. Oh well, tmw should be fun.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:39 PM   #75  
Not so starving artist

Awww happy lurve day! *chuckles* Ladies, i hope your men are treating you well this evening! For our anniversary/valentines day, my lovely french man bought me a GIANT. block. of swiss chocolate with nugat in it. We polished it off in two days. It was the sise of one of those massive toblerone bars. And next week (we're dont know the exact date of our anniversary, so we're kind of doing it when its convenient ) we're going out to a french restraunt that we had to miss on my birthday due to him being sick. So! this should be fun!! Im SO trying creme brule. Im trying to be a little more forgiving because ive been streesed up the wazoo..My tongue is better, which helps, but im gonna try something different diet wise that might be better for me. Im not going to angonize over everything i eat! Im going to try and eat healthy meals over all, and if i want something sugary, im going to do it! lol! Of course id try and do healthy sugary foods, but im not going to feel bad if im eating well over all, and just sneaking in something now and then. Im also only going to get on the scale once every two weeks. Because. Its been driving me crazy. I took the scale out of my room and hid it in the bathroom beind all the cleaning stuff, which would spill every time i try to get it out lol So. More forgiving diet... I figured im eating well to live longer, and when im so stressed out, im doing the opposite! Yoga is fun. I need more activities to help me relax though. And on a side note i shocked myself when i weighed 128 today. Holy cow. I know i'd been eating smaller portions because my appetite is just on a flatline lately, but geez 0_o! Kick bottom!!!