Old 01-21-2006, 12:32 PM   #181  

I too have certain foods I just can't have around and ice cream is one of them for me. I would eat the stuff for breakfast if it was available. I even stopped buying popcorn for awhile cause I just can't stop eating it. If it was just a few cups or something it would be different and I will eat it no matter what so until I at least have more control over things, just not having it around-it won't kill the kids.

Hey I am all for a spa week hehehe and way kewl for the digital camera. Mom borrowed one from her brother and it sure made listing so much easier and faster for her things.

Today is laundry day-ugh. I probably should be doing a load a day but I just don't. I think today is pajama day for us and that is ok by me. Another rain filled day here. I am ready for some sunshine. Food is good OP OP OP!
Melissa
neo98292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 01:24 PM   #182  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

lol melissa about the ice cream breakfast. i hate to admit it, but i just finished my breakfast, and it included a 1/2 cup of light ice cream. it was a pretty generous 1/2 cup at that.
cadwell125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 04:02 PM   #183  

Ice cream is my my favorite food in the world. Cherry Garcia, chunky monkey, Breyers cherry vanilla and any butter pecan. I can't buy the ff substitutes cause I'll eat them til they are gone. I wonder what it means that we all crave creamy sweet stuff. My 105 lb DIL never wants sweets, just salty stuff, and then a little bit makes her happy. I bet there are studies done on who craves what.
I just did an aquatic workout. It was fun and stressless, but I am unsure of how good it is. You don't sweat and there is no impact and it certainly isn't boring or too hard. The instructor seemed to think it was great. I'm not too sure yet.
My friend has a gift certificate to a very nice restaurant so we are all eating out tonight. I am going to try to have a normal person's meal, no gain, no loss. That's my goal.
Laura
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 04:51 PM   #184  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

May I join you all? I know what you mean about the ice cream -- especially not the low fat stuff becuase I eat MORE of them! I just finished eating a yummy pear a few minutes ago. Every time I go to the grocery store I try to get a new fruit to try.. there are so many different kinds of fruit that I know I won't get bored!!
Gracenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 05:42 PM   #185  

Hello and welcome Gracenote! You found an awesome group here, I don't know what I would do without them!

Almost anything sugary can still trigger a binge (and a headache) for me so I try to avoid it completely as much as possible. I can eat fat free ice cream sweetened with Splenda without it causing problems for me but even that I only have on very rare occasions. My husband craves the salty snacks more.

Sandi my husband does the same thing and lottery tickets sometimes when it gets to be a big number. I always tease him that he only plays when it's a huge payoff...as if he thinks a measly 5 or 10 million wouldn't be enough or something. I'm glad he isn't always spending money on lottery tickets, but I still just find that funny for some reason.
KayElle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 06:17 PM   #186  

Welcome gracenote! Happy to have you with us-this is a great group of gals and I would be lost without them too.

Ever have one of those days???? Odessa has been working overtime today and as I type, i am looking at every dvd I own on the floor since she dumped the shelf. Toys dumped out of the toybox 3 times, all the shoes taken out of the rack, dumped stacks of folded clothes on the floor-and in case anyone is wondering, yes I let her live(at least for the time being). I haven't nearly gotten done today what I wanted to. I did get two closets cleaned out and was very happy to donate the size 26 dress I found in there. Ok I now need to get the movies put back and yes I am one of those anal type people who have them all in alphabetic order-ugh ugh ugh
Melissa
Old 01-21-2006, 08:23 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Welcome to the group Gracenote, you could not have not have found a better place for inspiration and venting...hang around and chime in.

We were at the birthday party for SEVEN HOURS and were the last to leave. This always happens we go to this friends house, there is no such thing as a short visit there. Her kids are the exact same ages as mine and her and I are great friends, so we all just have a great time and time flies. It was nice though, and Steve should be home sometime soon ... hopefully!

MIL was supposed to get Ty last week, it was his turn, of course they never showed or called. At his party last Sunday they told him they'd come get him Sat. night (tonight) and of course, no call and no show. I called hubby to see if he wanted to get ahold of MIL and ask if she wanted him and he said no. They are NOT getting Allie again until he gets his turn, otherwise visitations there end at this. Just really burns me up, I don't understand the favortism.

I did good and had just a tiny bit of cake and no ice cream. I knew she was serving hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill, so I had a salad with some chicken breast before we went and just sipped water while everyone else ate. Now I am starving, and off to eat and exercise.

Theresa
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 08:48 PM   #188  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

maybe it has something to do with the creamy texture- i don't really care too much or ice cream BUT i do adore cherry garcia or moosetracks- tinroof sundae type icecream- but put me in front of a bowl of pudding and it's gone.
adn i don't overeat whole grains breads but don't let me get near wonderbread - and i really like whole grain bread-
has to be a reason for it.

Well i complained about hubby taking the truck today but i am glad i didn't take it cause he broke down about 10 miles from home- transmission somethingy or another and doesn't look like a big or too expensive job- we keep talking about just geting another vehicle but we don't want payments at this time-we have a very nice car (1999 mercedes ) that is almost rebuilt and we should have on the road in a couple weeks- everything has been replaced on it all we need is a water pump. but i was all in a panic about transportation and was all ready to rent a car from budget but his buddy said we could drive his extra car for a week (ooo and it's a Lexus!) i will feel all special and rich!

I don't know what it is with the lotto-he only buys when it's big i'd be happy with 4 numbers and get 5,000.00- i mean five thousand is better than nothing! i don't play because i think what they did in florida for education was wrong- took all the budget away and said let the lotto pay for it- half the schools don't have books-teachers are underpaid- they have 50 kids in a 3rd grade class-that why my hubby does side jobs so jocie can go to a private school.

hey Gracenote! these ladies are awesome! jump right in and have fun! I love pears- esp. if they are dipped in chocolate !

melissa- Two words- duck tape ( i am so KIDDING)

Theresa- arrgh your MIL is a not nice person. I would be so on you sticking to your plan.

Tomorrow is Zacks 13th b-day i can't believe he is getting so grown up- i've only been in his life since he was 2 but still- he is so tall and handsome- i need to put a pic up of the 2 of them. and hubby and zack are out fishing- i told them NOT to bring home smelly dead fish. if i get fish it's from the fish market thank you.
well since i finally have some time i am gonna curl up with jocie and watch a cooking show-and after she goes to bed (soon- real soon) and take time to really start my blog.

Sandi
sandisuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 09:29 PM   #189  

Lucky duck driving a lexus. I am not saying what I drive-but her name is Mabel if that gives you any clue-lol.

Ducktape ROFL. My son's therapist asked me what I wanted for christmas and I told her bourbon and duck tape and then reasured her the bourbon was for me hehehe. I got all the movies put back and she has finally mellowed out. I am not sure what her gig was today. She used to be this way everyday and then mellowed and Amanda is now getting busy. Her favorites are emptying out the silverware drawer and lining them all in a perfect line on the couch and doing the same thing with Logan's babyfood. The blocks I got her for christmas have helped alot. Right now Amanda is wearing striped overalls with a white shirt and a Hawaiian print dress over it. I guess she is into the layered look. Logan also discovered today he has a tongue and needless to say, he got dinner and I got the show. It wound up feeling like a blah day and I never did get dressed. Amanda and Odessa were the only ones who made it but hey it is Saturday and raining. One more hour till bedtime for the kids and then I am taking a long hot bath and watching a movie!
Melissa
Old 01-22-2006, 01:34 AM   #190  
mmmm.. ice cream

welcome gracenote! it's great to have someone new in the group again.
theresa, what is wrong with your mil?!? she should consider herself lucky that she ever gets to see either one of your kids.
just had more ice cream at least it's gone now. the strawberry one has no appeal for me, so dh can eat it all. whew! sandi and laura, i think i have the same taste in ice cream as y'all.. cherry garcia is my fave, but moose tracks and chunky monkey are also divine. isn't that strange?
i was good today and went to the gym before work. it's a good thing, because dh doesn't want to go tonight, and going by myself almost never happens. i think i got a pretty good workout at work today to make up for no gym tonight. i made a zillion frappucinos, so i was constantly dancing around getting the stuff for them. i still can't believe people will actually consume 750 calories at once with those strawberry ones. it's so not worth it! a gigantic bowl of ice cream would have fewer calories.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:48 AM   #191  

Is a frappucino really 750 calories? I could never drink my calories. 750 calories is almost a whole container of chunky monkey.
We ate in a wonderful restaurant last night. I had a little duck quissidilla for an appetizer, and a portobello mushroom and veggies main course. I had to have coconut and mango sherbert for dessert. I think i am ok re calories, not a gain, but not a loss and it was worth it because it was planned, delicious and I didn't go overboard.
We are going to Boston for the day to visit my baby brother. It's 3 hours each way, but we always have a great day with them. His little boys are 4 and 6, younger than my grandsons, My mother's grandchildren range from 35 to 4 and her greatgrandchilren from 12 to 1, so we are a diverse group.
Food will be a challenge. My SIL is 20 years younger than me, gorgeous, thin, wonderful clothes and of course a great cook, so sometimes I feel like crap when I am with her. I am wearing my most expensive sweater, and my best earrings and jeans, so I look casual, but not sloppy.
Have a good Sunday everyone.
Laura
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:26 AM   #192  
mmmm.. ice cream

not all of them. i just attcked the highest calorie thing on the menu. just the biggest strawberries and cream one with whipped cream has that many. some are just 200 or so. but i always just get plain iced coffee.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:08 PM   #193  

Can you imagine the amount of healthy food you could consume for those same calories??? It boggles the mind!
Melissa
Old 01-22-2006, 06:17 PM   #194  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

i can imagine! a friend gave me the preventions meal makeover book or something named like it and it shows how you can eat like 50 bowls of fruit for one bowl of ice cream or a whole plate of good foods compared to a plate of not so good foods.. unfortunatly they wanna replace the bad foods with all vegetarian/soy type foods and it isn't real practical when one has a family and is on a budget. I'll have to post some things they compare.

well the b-day party went well- i ate "not so good food" but it was one meal and i will not get depressed about it. just jump back on the wagon. I am frustrated at not losing more- I think i need to back to a food diary and pick up the exercise. i just get lazy... then i get upset and then i don't care and then i feel stupid for feeling lazy and upset... I am so weird.

i am getting the house all cleaned up for the upcomming week- menus are all planned so thats good. now i need to finish laundry and dishes and get cereal prepacked - snacks too. Tomorrow morning i really need to clean out my mini fridge at work. i think there may be things growing in there

did sneak out w/ MIL and put the imitation bowflex on layaway for hubby. we are gonna work on presidents day to get the porch all cleaned up and painted while hubby is at work. his b-day is not till april, but i want things to be done.

FIL loaned us movies again so we will be having another quiet together & munch popcorn night- and MIL GAVE me her older digital camera- it'll do for now and it was cool that she gave it to me! all i need is a card reader and they are only 10.00.

well more laundry to finish and MORE dishes to do- hubby is dusting, cleaning up the living room and running the sweeper for me. maybe i can sweet talk him into straightening up the bathroom???? umm that may be pushing it...better not
Sandi
sandisuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 07:20 PM   #195  

It still boggles the mind how much the food comparisson thing is. The girls ate earlier than usual tonight and Josh is still with the ex. He actually was on time this week-catch me I may faint. I have tried some of the soy/tofu stuff and I just can't eat it. I would rather have just a small portion of the real thing and call it good. It is pricey too. I have been trying to get more organic things but the budget only allows for so much of it with 4 kids.

Food diary I highly recommend or use Fitday to keep track. It is amazing how fast those calories creep up without thinking about it. I was reading Logan's banannas and that tiny little jar is 100 calories! He only eats half of it along with half of either a dinner one or veggies but I was surprised his nanners were 100 cal for the jar. I use a food diary that I get free from WW every week but I know fitday has one and figures out calories and nutrition too.

Way cool on the camera-it is going to be a huge time saver for you.

Got some more stuff cleaned out today and got the kitchen mopped. My menu is done for tomorrow. I haven't gone too far out since I am hoping a certain loser will pay his support and my food choices will improve. Produce is getting low again. I am really happy the kids love fresh fruit and veggies but man they go fast around here. I bought a box of clementines and they were gone in less than 3 days. I wish I was more in control because popcorn is a good filler for them and they like that too but alas, I will eat way too much of it still and not at the right time of the day. I try really hard to never eat after dinner. I have my diet rite and call it good. Eating at night was such a bad for me and it was habit than needing something so I just cut it out.
Melissa