Old 12-29-2005, 08:08 PM   #31  

Well today was my first "official" day lol. I had to go shoppin since all we had was easy food and junk. Did pretty good....only hurdle Im drinkin so much water that Im not hungry now...hmmm
give it a week and my appetite will be back Im sure
ooo did my ddr for an hour last night. forgot how much fun it was and once I started didnt want to quit.
zellalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:21 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 319/307/145

Height: 5'8"

Hey Amanda!! I have DDR as well - fun isn't it?
What kinda dance pad do you have?
Softykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:42 AM   #33  

Hey ladies...I completely ditched you I need to find a way to keep track of all the threads I am involved in. Any ways that you guys know of? Is there a simple trick that I am missing?

FYI there is an April Fools Day challenge going on over in the support forum, its filled with tons of really motivating ladies and some really great ideas. Just throwing it out there, maybe you can check it out? Thats where I have been for the last couple of days....

Kristy, I am dying to chit chat with you! Seems like whenever I am online, you arent! I seriously hate working evenings...I was always a day shift person so this new schedule has me all messed up! I will catch up with you sometime I am sure.

So I am curious to know a little more about all you ladies....married? kids? occupation?

A little about me: 21 year old (22 in January), married with 1 daughter (4 months). I am a nurse at a long term care facility and I love it (with the exception of my hours)! I started this diet because of my daughter, I dont want her to struggle with her weight like me. I want her making healthy life choices from the get go. Thus, my lifestyle change now. My hubby is an electrician and we pretty much have no life lol. We like to be with our friends, but that is not to often as we now have a child to worry about. Anyhow...thats me in a nutshell.

Whats everyone doing for the New Year? Anything fun?! I am trying to find ways to drink without killing my diet. I thought about not eating all day to save calories...lol....but then I figure it will be one beer before I am on my can admiring the pavement. lol.

Ciao for now Chicas!
candoitby06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:43 AM   #34  

DDR? Fill me in please?
Old 12-30-2005, 03:31 AM   #35  

Hey Morgan!
DDR stands for Dance Dance Revolution.
It's a video game from Playstation or xbox.
You get a dance pad and step to the music (and arrows).
It's a lot of fun and challenging

Here ya go: http://www.ddrfreak.com/aboutddr.php
Old 12-30-2005, 08:17 AM   #36  

Oh my gosh, I bet thats hard! I am totally uncoordinated! You guys are better people than I am! I'll be sticking with my love/hate relationship with good ole Billy Blanks *cringes*.

I'm trying to work up the courage to put the DVD in the player. I am soooo sore today though and I know hes only going to make it worse....I need to do it because I take the weekends off.....and I'm going to be drinking in excess this week....arg. Ok, here I go.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:43 AM   #37  

Hi Morgan... Billy Blanks is MY man...lol Hands off Chica...lol

Anyway...lol I am a 33 yr old PE and Health Teacher (middle and high school) and I coach jr varsity volleyball and middle school track. I am married to a WONDERFUL man (my second marriage) and I have an awesome stepson (12 going on 20). I had back surgery 2 years ago and have put on about 30 pounds and I came here to get a little motivation and support for the ladies (and gents) here... I need something...

Hubby and I are the head of our Couple's Ministry at church and we planned a dinner for NYE at a local Inn that just reopened. The kids are going bowling (with Youth Group) so we are headed bowling afterwards...lol FUN times here.... My hubby doesn't drink and I seldom do, like I had 3 drinks at out Christmas Party during dinner but I before that, it has been about 4 months... My 1st husband was an alcoholic, I learned my lesson...lol

Anyway, you said something about saving calories by not eating... so... you plan on being DRUNK after ONE drink??? Not a real fun night, and ya make for a CRAPPY date...lol (Been there, done that...lol) My suggestion, I don't know it you are a vodka drinker, but my trainer always told me to choose vodka over beer. IF I were to drink, I would do a vodka with cranberry juice. Please, I am NOT telling you to drink liquor, if you aren't a liquor drinker... It may get uglier than the "drunk on 1 beer" look...lol But it is a suggestion...

Okay, Morgan... I am laughing SO hard right now... I opened with "Hands off Chica" and NOT knowing, I went up to see if I could give any additional insight and saw that you ENDED with Chicas...lol Too funny... Okay, only in my head but what a coinkidink...
Deanna7272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:48 PM   #38  

Firstly....honey hes ALLLLLL yours! Hes the only man that has ever made me sweat my *** off and then crawl away crying . Oh that comment was in poor taste. Secondly, when I do his tapes I end up having a fitness seizure (pictures arms and legs going in different directions completely uncoordinated) having seen me do them, he probably would laugh and RUN as fast as he could in the OTHER direction!!

I was talking to my hubby about drinking on an empty stomach so I could use all my calories on alcohol....he says I would definately be a cheaper date but seeing as its our anniversary he wants me to last past 8pm. lol. SO, with that being said, I am just going to have a good time and not worry so much about calories. Sunday is a new day and seeing how I will probably be hung over, I wont need as much food .

Heres the thing with liquor...makes me kinda sleezy. I was drinking vodka and redbull a couple of months ago when I met up with some old friends (yes, I know they are horrible for you) and I actually wasnt that sleezy. Must have been the redbull. I might try that again. But I need to find out how many cals in redbull (probably TONS). I'll let you know how it all works out.

Toodles my noodle
Old 12-30-2005, 02:06 PM   #39  

Red Bull = calories... not sure how many, but I am sure... That stuff is LOADED with sugar.... You know it gives you wiiings...lol They do have sugar free Red Bull, but I am not sure if the venue you are going to be gracing your presence with will offer it... And yes.. you should last later than 8 pm...lol

Billy is the man... I too would have NEVER made it on "Solid Gold"... oh wait... Do you know what that is?? An old dance show, if ya didn't... I am n ot as coordinated as you would expect... THAT'S why I do it when no one is watching.... I imagine that I am Shelly (you know the MACHINE that is in all his tapes...lol) and I go to town...

And... one question.... Who TOODLES your NOODLE??? Sorry, I had to....
Old 12-30-2005, 02:07 PM   #40  

Hey Kristy, where are you????
Old 12-30-2005, 11:57 PM   #41  

Talking

Morgan, you're way toooo funny!!! I haven't drank since I was in my 20's. But oh boy!...do I remember those days!

Anyway, I left a post for ya' all in the "groups" section. It's under "Misc." groups. Please go read it. I'll be sending out an e-mail to all who gave me their addys in a couple days. It'll have a quick, low fat/ not fat recipe and am also sending encouragement!

I LOVE you guys! I lost weight and you are the reason why!!!

emerald dragonfly

P.S. DDR ROCKS!! I do it EVERYDAY with my kids. I LOVE to sweat!!!!!
emerald dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 12:47 AM   #42  

Glo... update your tracker girl... What are you waiting for??? Great job!!!
Old 12-31-2005, 02:24 AM   #43  

Hiya Deanna! I'm right here!
Sorry bout that.. I got real busy with friends all of
a sudden. LOL I kept getting calls...
"I haven't seen you - lets get together!"
Sheesh, they just came out of every rock possible. hehe

So, how are you girls doing?
You know, Billy Blanks scares me. LOL
Old 12-31-2005, 02:51 AM   #44  

sorry ladies today was a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG day. Day off....mhm yeah right lol. I had to work 8 hours because we got in a unscheduled truck. Got home and boy the race was on to get Zella fed and head off to the wash to clean all ALLLLLLL of our clothes then get back before brent had to go to work. sheesh.
Ok in response to everyone
Emerald got your PM today...I try to always keep a journal...dont work half of the time but I have been a member at fitday since 2003 lol. Somehow I do better entering everything in online then writing it on paper. Not to mention Zella ALWAYS finds my paper and scribbles all over it.

Kristy. Yeah DDR is great! Actually heard about it bout 19 months or so ago so of course had to got get one....*caused a flashback to the younger days with nintendo and the power pad* lol I have the original game, well maybe version 2 cuz mine has practice, game, and weight loss modes...would like to get others think I have the songs memorized. As far as the pad goes its just a generic one but it works. Got 2 pads and the game off of ebay for 30 bucks factory sealed. Worked for me lol.

Morgan. Im 25 (as of dec 29) live in texas. Been married for over 5 years to Brent who is 1 year 4 months and 1 day younger than me lol*have that down can ya tell?* whom I met online in a chatroom. I'm from Ohio, hes from Oklahoma. I moved to OK after I grad. high school *sept 99* and moved back to Ohio in may after he was 18. Got pregnant in june 00, found out in July 00, Married in Sept 00 and my baby ZellaLyn was born in March 2001. Since then we have moved to Texas as of July 05. Currently strikin out finding our boundries and making our own life FINALLY lol.. Loving every minute of it. Brent has 3 years of his electrician journeyman tryin to get him to go through his fourth to no avail lol.
Well thats pretty much me. without sounding like a date service anyway
Oh yea....vodka and red bull YUMMY
Nix the cals....go higher proof vodka * you need less plus its lower anyhow* and Sugar free red bull has either 0 or 10 cal cant remember....also try Monster with the blue label...YUMMY

no occifer im not an alcamaholic lmao
zellalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 11:04 AM   #45  

Ohhh... Amanda... great job on that weight loss... I wanted to say, I met my hubby online also.... We have been married a year now... He is the best thing that has happened to me.... seriously...

I have to look into the DDR thing. My SS has played... Do you have to have a game SYSTEM? I don't want to put that kind of money into it... maybe I can con SS into leaving the system here... I think he has them ALL...lol

We did the ice skating thing last night... was only able to skate for 45 minutes because it was soooo crowded and we had dinner before... My thighs are rocking today, girlies... I was afraid because of my back surgery, both the discectomy and the mass on the shoulder, but I was fine... a little sore in those areas but, I DID it...

Putting together a NYE Dinner for the couples at church and I haven't a clue what I am wearing... went to Lane Bryant yesterday and got a pair of black flat panel dress pants for 8.99.... Was soooo excited... I have never shopped there and I keep seeing the ads so I tried. I also went to WalMart and Old Navy and looked at stuff but I couldn't find anything that I wanted to PAY for...lol I am such a cheapie...lol I have the pick it up, coordinate and outfit head to toe, and put it all back... I told my SS it is a disorder....It is called "CHEAPITIS"...

Sorry so long, I just get to talking...lol