Old 01-13-2006, 09:55 AM   #76  

Nichola, It's great you're doing so well your first week keep up the good work. I would never be able to do this if I felt deprived either. I always allow myself something small at the end of the week too. It helps keep me going on that $#@% elliptical machine through the week.
I won't be back until Monday so you ladies have a great weekend!
Vonne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 11:10 AM   #77  
dgpebbles

Hey everyone...well I weighted in today and I'm down 2lbs...I'm so happy cause I've been stuck for almost 2 weeks...

Vonne - way to go on the 1lb...How do you like your elliptical machine...I tried one in a store for only a few sec but it seemed like it would be hard on the legs..

Nichola - welcome and congrats on the 2.5 lbs thats great...I am also counting calories and I write down everything that I eat and all my exercise in a notebook...It really helps..I also log everything on fitday.com..I love that site...

Well good luck to everyone this weekend and have a good one
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:24 AM   #78  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations to both Yvonne and Donna on your losses Well done! I'll be weighing in on Monday so hope I have the same result!

In the past when I've been dieting, I've chosen to weigh-in on Friday's ... because I've always had the idea that after the weekend I've got the whole week to get rid of any of those excess calories I've eaten! However, I now realise from many years of experience that this tactic rarely works as far as I'm concerned! This time I'm trying something different ... I think that weighing in on Monday straight after the weekend, will help me be more sensible with my food choices ... and perhaps I won't drink so much wine!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Nichola
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 04:04 AM   #79  

Hi Everyone, hope you all had a good weekend. I managed to get through the weekend without exceeding my calorie allowance for once, which is a great accomplishment for me!! I weighed in this morning and I'm 2lbs down ... as it was my first week I was hoping for a little bit more, but I'm still happy with the loss

I've just been out and bought myself a pedometer which records steps, distance and calories ... I just need to suss out how it works ... then I'm off for a walk ... there'll be no holding me back now!!

Have a great week!

Nichola
Old 01-16-2006, 11:18 AM   #80  

Donna, I have a love/hate relationship with my elliptical machine. It can be a really great workout but, you're right after 30 minutes it's a little tough on the legs. But, I've noticed a big change in my thighs from using it.
Nichola,Congrats on your loss! 2 lbs. is a great start.
Vonne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:39 AM   #81  

Default Kung Hei Fat Choi ....

Kung Hei Fat Choi! (Happy Chinese New Year!)

Hi Everyone,

Things seem to have gone a little quiet around here lately Well I don't know about anyone else, but as far as I'm concerned I could certainly have done a lot better over the past couple of weeks! As it's the start of the Chinese New Year I feel that I've been given a second chance to get things right ... Anyone joining me?

Nichola
Old 02-01-2006, 08:31 AM   #82  
dgpebbles

I'm with you...yeah where did everyone go?...Including me..I'm sorry but I've just been very busy..
Old 02-01-2006, 09:41 AM   #83  

Glad to see there is still someone else around ... I know what you mean though ... life's been pretty busy here too for the past couple of weeks ... no reason to let things slack though!! ... I'll be trying harder from now on ... honest!!

Nichola
Old 02-01-2006, 11:11 AM   #84  
dgpebbles

yeah I haven't given up on my eating and exercise it's just been hard to get on here and chat to everyone...

I also like to weigh in on Mondays...we both have the same amount to lose....cool...I bought an pedometer a couple of weeks ago to see how much walking I do at work cause I stand up and walk around all day but I have a problem with it resetting all the time from either bending over alot or leaning against it...

so what kind of diet and exercise are you doing? I'm counting calories trying to stay around 1200 or so and I ride my stationary bike and alternate dvd workouts like the biggest loser & walk away the pounds..I just ordered a few more dvds to try to find something new....I really don't like doing the same thing all the time
Old 02-01-2006, 11:29 AM   #85  

Hey All! I am still hanging in there and yeah life can get a hold of us we need to take time for ourself so I will try and get here more .............New month so new goal I want to lose 5lbs by the end of February
My_Year_2oo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:28 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 191/176/143

Default still here as well

I 'm still plodding on and doing quite well. this year really does feel like it is the one for me.
chaarli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:30 AM   #87  

Hi everyone,
It's been pretty busy with me here too, especially with school starting up again for me and all. I've had mixed results. I've been drinking more water, and have actually been going to the gym 2-3 times a week. Considering I wasn't going before I find that pretty good. I have been more mindful of what I'm putting into my body and have had some success there, been eating more fruits and veggies. I've also starting recognizing my triggers that get me to want to start emotional eating, although I haven't figured out how to fix or deal with that yet. I haven't weighed myself yet because I want to keep this going for a while so I won't be discouraged. I probably will in 2 more weeks. So, it's not great, but it's not bad. Hope everyone else is doing okay!
violethaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 02:18 AM   #88  

Hi Everyone,

Glad to hear you're all still doing ok. I've been struggling a bit ... just got over Christmas & New Year and into a good routine, then Chinese New Year arrives with lots of social events going on here... eating/drinking etc!! It seems to be one thing after another and I need to remind myself that this is life and I'll have to work around these things instead of keep letting them sabotage my diet.

dgpebbles ... I'm counting calories too, or at least I have been on the good days!! ... but I am getting back into the swing of things now! Exercise for me has been sadly lacking ... although I did buy a pedometer recently and am fully intending to walk more regularly.

Nichola
Old 02-02-2006, 08:39 AM   #89  
dgpebbles

I did so good at eating yesterday till my fried talked me into eating ice cream from dairy queen....I still had a deficit of 821...I did 30 mins of walking and 45 mins on bike..I weigh everyday cause I like to watch myself daily but monday is my offical day...even after eating ice cream yesterday I still lost .5lbs....It's kinda weird but everytime I eat ice cream I seem to lose weight the next day....does anyone know why?