Old 12-07-2005, 08:45 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #119

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:50 AM   #2  

WEDNESDAY: today is Wednesday's Woes so you can gripe all you want today. Our weight loss woe is why can't overweight people just be proud of who they are? We need to have good self image no matter the size.

Julie
LeeAnn

Julie: We have known each other awhile now. Hey, whe you get rich from all your writing, come to Memphis and we can have a great time!

I hate to be brief, but I am on a time crunch with a knitting project so I have to get back to it.

Faye
Old 12-07-2005, 01:00 PM   #3  
It is what it is...

Afternoon Everyone ... today is Weds woe so I guess I will complain a little, ha ha, well not too much... I am in the mind set of the holidays already and cant quite commit to my diet anymore...I am not doing horribly, I mean I seem to eat low fat all day and then have a somewhat fatty dinner, so I guess it is better than nothing...I just feel like I cannot stay on it fully until after the holidays are over, I did this same thing last year...although I LOVE Christmas time I am sad over how I eat when it is here...ok there you go...my woe ...

Do not have time for individual replies as my lunch is almost over so I will just say "hi" to everyone and hope that you all are doing better "diet wise" than I am...
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 03:49 PM   #4  

Carrie,
I say if you know you're going to eat more during the holidays, let yourself...just try to exercise a bit more to make up for it. If your goal is just to maintain during this time, that's still wayyy better than most people who just throw healthy eating out the window for a month or two this time of year.

If you put pressure on yourself to be too good all the time, you'll just end up feeling badly and maybe even binging.

THe hardest thing to do is just keep everything in perspective!

Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 03:58 PM   #5  
It is what it is...

True, Julie. My dh was saying that this morning, if I know I am going to be eating more I should at least exercise and try to avoid a total major gain.

In a way I just wish Christmas would get here and be gone so I could get serious again.
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 08:21 AM   #6  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so be good to yourself today and do something just a little special just for you.

I agree, Julie, that just adjust your exercise to your food this time of year and use the French method of eating, take a bit of each thing to taste instead of piling it all on your plate. If you are partying, nurse a glass of wine, soft drink, mixed drink, whatever instead of drinking it right down. Don't moan over the missed cake, have a bit instead of a whole piece. We are never going to be a world where food is only for nourishment. Almost all countries in the world use food as a time for family and celebration so we need to learn to modify when we are in these situations.

Right now, I am at a total standstill and will be until the day after Christmas then I kick butt. If I start now, I know me and will blow it Christmas day and then be mad at myself. Better to just try and do the best I can until then. Everyone needs to work out what works for them.

Have a good day girls!

Faye
Old 12-08-2005, 09:26 AM   #7  

I've found that asking myself one question usually helps me a lot to eat with moderation.

Question: How can I celebrate this without food?

So, for example, if Dave gets a big promotion at work, we don't go to the best restaurant in town.. instead we could go skating, bowling, skiing, to the movies, to a museum together, take the family to the zoo or sledding.

Of course, I don't always remember to ask that question. Ha ha.

What's new here: I've been asked to teach women how to make armor that fits them. (Actually, I learned this from Julie about 6 years ago, but she lets me keep the credit.. ha ha) So this Saturday I'm going to the Women's Fighter Symposium as a teacher instead as moral support. Cool!

What else. My poor Amelia (2 yrs) has been sleeping horribly since she stopped diapers. She wakes up and cries and begs us not to leave her alone (so she'll sleep only if one of us is sleeping in her room with her). I thought it was the full moon thing, but it turns out that she's nervous that she'll wet the bed. Last night she finally asked for a diaper. As soon as I put it on her, she went right to sleep and slept late.

Poor thing. We've decided to work her more slowly into it. She's ok with napping without her diaper, so I'm going to wait until she's more confident about sleeping without it for that first before I take it away for nights.

Ah well.. 3 steps forward, two steps back.

Dave and I are so exhausted that we don't think about anything but "when are they going to bed so we can too". It should get better now that they're both sleeping AND sleeping a bit later than before, but I think it'll take a few days before we catch up, too.

-Lee Ann

(Susan.. how's hubby doing?)

-Lee Ann
SuGyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 01:53 PM   #8  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hey all,

I've been mising for a few days - been feeling a bit poorly with a chesty cough, but I am really glad that by looking after myself it doesn't seem to have developed into a full blown cold. I was really worried that I'd have to take another full week off from the gym or something, which would do my weight loss no good at all, but I had a 2 day break and now feel much better and was fit for the gym yesterday and today.

I hear you all on the diet struggles - I am afraid that I have not been doing so well myself recently, nothing major, but I am nibbling a bit more than I should! Thankfully I am keeping up the exercise and intend to do so over the Christmas period - bar Christmas and Boxing day when the gym is closed!

I have already arranged to have a new gym programme set in the New Year, and will be looking at attacking this second half of my weight loss big style!

On a positive note, I saw my counsellor on Monday and was wearing my new jeans, sweater and jacket and she was amazed by how slim I was looking. She just kept looking at me saying 'wow, you look amazing!', which really boosted my self esteem. I urge everyone to stop wearing clothes that are too big for them, and invest in some well fitting clothes - they really make a difference!

LEE-ANN - My sis didn't potty train her boy until he was 3 1/2 - so I think any progress with Amelia at 2 is great!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 04:23 PM   #9  

Ladies, been absent for awhile. Took my husband to the surgeon Tuesday but he feels he would only have a 10% chance of surving the surgery so we won't be going there. His heart and kidneys are too bad. So we now have the visiting nurse daily for infusion therapy. He seems to be holding his own and is eating better than he was but not enough to actually gain some weight. He is very weak. We are just going one day at a time. Thanks for your inquiries and prayers, and please keep praying.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 07:37 AM   #10  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs down Friday. It is weight loss results day, girls. If you have lost any lbs in the last 2 weeks, please repost it so you can be rewarded!

Carri: Are you buried under snow? I saw on our local news your area got hit pretty bad.

Julie and Lee Ann: Looks like it is coming your way if it isn't there already so hope you are prepared.

Amanda: Hang in there, girl. The holidays will be over soon and we can all buckle down and support each other.

Susan: We continue to pray and think about you everyday. I admire your strength as you could be eating yourself right back to fat lbs and you are handling this like a champ. If you ever need to talk, I am here for you, by email or phone!

Everyone have a good day. It is BRRRRRR here today but we dodged the snow bullet because of a jet stream just south of us pushing the moisture away from us.

Faye
Old 12-09-2005, 08:00 AM   #11  

Good Morning all--

I"M SO BUMMED!!!! I was down to 206 on Wed (haven't seen that number for about 6 months!) Today I'm UP to 210~~~ GRRRR..... I've been skating like crazy, up to 2 hours a day! But I don't think this is muscle gain...I ate a store bought wheat bread sandwich before skating yesterday and I think it was on fake whole grain bread. Just because something looks healthy, doesn't mean it is! Whole grain usually means they add carmel coloring and some nuts & seeds, but it still has white flour and HF corn syrup. I know better, but I had to eat something...the day before I had a sugar crash on the ice because I hadn't eaten enough--it wasn't pretty.

So, I know that whenever I eat regular pasta or regular bread I bloat up a few pounds temporarily. I haven't really gained 4 pounds....the scale will go back down tomorrow or the next day. But STILL! Guess I just have to make sure I pack my own food when I head out to the rink.

Faye--we're supposed to get snow here today, but no one knows how much. We live right on the curvy part of the coastline...so depending on the track of the storm, we could get pounded or it could totally miss us. I'm glad that public skate time is early on Fridays!

Lee--NOW you know why I laughed when you said "Amelia is TOTALLY out of diapers" It just doesn't work that way. Have fun at the symposium!

Carrie and Amanda--hang in there...

Susan--you and your husband are continually in my prayers. Be strong

Gotta get the kids to school....

Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 02:18 PM   #12  
2006 - Panda Remix

hello folks,

2 points for me yesterday - I've got PMS munchies! I am just so hungry.....this is always the case in the week before TOM, so I just do the best I can!

No pounds down for me this fortnight - my eating has been wobbly and now I'm pre-menstrual . But I am happy the scales are still at 214 and are not showing signs of going up - a few weeks ago they were up and down every few days, I didn't know where I was!

JULIE - You have not gained 4 lb - what a bummer though to see that on the scales! I am sure it will show a more honest reading in a day or so.

SUSAN - You are in my prayers and thoughts alot at the moment. I am pleased to hear he is hanging in there and any food he can manage at the moment will be doing him alot of good. I am so sorry you are having to go through this.

FAYE - Glad you missed the snow - wouldn't want you slipping over with your dodgy knee!

Hi to CARRI & LEE ANN!

Love Amanda x
Old 12-10-2005, 08:18 AM   #13  

Good Saturday morning gals. Hope you all aren't buried in snow up to your eyebrows!

Amanda

Amanda: PMSing food cravings are the pits. Think what it is like for us old gals whose hormones are up and down practically everyday. It ain't pretty! I absolutely feel hungry almost all the time and have to really restrain myself from not cleaning out the cabinets. Knitting has been good in that area. You absolutely cannot knit and eat at the same time and since I don't want the yarn, sticky, greasy, whatever, I never bring anything to eat while I knit. Whooooo! Hey, maybe I should write the, "Knit and get fit" diet or "how to lose while making things for friends!"

Julie: Don't trust those dirty ole scales. You are doing so great with the skating I am sure the lbs are coming off. Stick to clothes getting loose. Better indication.

I have things to do so better get to them. Gotta have that scarf finished by this weekend so we can sew the patches on it and and the hat.

Faye
Old 12-11-2005, 07:40 AM   #14  

Good Sunday morning ladies! I hope everyone is doing well.

Susan: Our prayers are continually with you everyday and I think about you and your dh every day and say a prayer.

I saw that Richard Pryor died yesterday morning of a heart attack. He had been going downhill with his MS and I am surprised his survived this long. He was a hard liver that's for sure. To survive what he did when he freebased and caught on fire is amazing in itself.

Everyone have a super day and I will talk to you tomorrow.

Faye
Old 12-11-2005, 01:13 PM   #15  
2006 - Panda Remix

Just a quick hello Faye,

I got 2 points yesterday - but only went slightly over my calories. Guess who was the only person who turned up for my cycle class yesterday?? Everyone else must have been Christmas shopping! Anyway the instructor insisted we still do the class, just me and him - how embarrassing! He was really tough and the because it was just me and him I couldn't slack off in the slightest! Boy it was tough - but I sort of feel that if I can get through that, I can do anything!

Must fly, Nige wants the PC

Love Amanda x