Old 12-12-2005, 06:48 AM   #16  

I . Ate . So . MUCH . Foooooooooodddddd!!!!!!!!

Bleh.

I feel like I must've gained ten pounds this weekend....parties and one of our fighters is a professional baker...so he thought it would be "nice" to bring creme horns and whoopie pies to practice!!! I haven't had a whoopie pie in Years! They are the devil's own plaything....huge round chocolate cakes with some magically concocted creme filling that just makes you eat them all up, even though after the first bite you want to be ill from how rich they are. I don't think anyone outside of Maine would have a clue what I'm talking about...but LEE--Godric brough whoopie pies to practice!!!

So, I'm back to the rink today. I want to get all my mailing done this morning to get the rest of the present goodies out of the house. Then maybe I can return to some semblance of normal. I have no dance classes for the next 3 weeks...so it's skating all the way...Oh, and I might try to get to the gym, since I still have a few weeks left on the trial membership I got.

Amanda--Congrats for sticking through the class all by yourself! You should be so proud of yourself!!

TTFN everyone, Have a great day.
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 08:33 AM   #17  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is good old fashion health. Let's make sure we are getting water and fiber for our urinary and bowel health, make sure our female parts are running smoothly, OUR HEART is good, etc. We sometimes neglect overall health to lose weight so let's make sure we are all tickin' properly!

Amanda

Amanda: That is wonderful. Proves just what you can do. Think back to the close to 300 mark and could you even sit on a bike let alone do a whole classs alone with the instructor? We are all very proud of you!

Julie: Unfortunately, I know what whoopie pies are and I too love them, especially the wholemade ones and I am a creme horn fan also. Those are definite nonos when I am dieting as I can eat a whole package practically.

Hope all is well with everyone. I bought my grandson an MP3 player for Christmas so yesterday made him a MP3 player cozy. I just took both Harry Potter colors together and knitted it. See the pic below. I had to make up a pattern because the one I bought him is only the size of a disposable cigarette lighter, but I think it came out ok. I sewed the tab shut, but if dd wants me to, I will take it out and put velcro on it instead. You can easily slip out the player either way.

Susan: Remember the word of David in the Psalms 91

"There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him."

and Isaiah 41:31 "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." He will help you get through this!

Well, on to today's cleaning jobs, girls! have a good day!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 01-21-2006 at 06:33 AM.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 12:29 PM   #18  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hello girls!

Well I got 2 points yesterday - had raging PMS and dove head first into a pizza! Oh well - I am psyching myself up for all systems go for the new year, but until then what with PMS, then TOM, then Christmas it's basically damage limitation!

JULIE - I cakes and baked goods! I could just eat a tonne of cream cakes so I have to steer clear of them completely. Actually, when I first went off sick from work a few years ago, I used to walk down to our local shop and buy 1 or 2 cream cakes every day - now it's not suprising that that is when my weight went right up into the high 260's!

FAYE - Thomas is lucky to have such a good nanny - I used to get a fiver from mine! I wish santa would buy me an MP3!! I love that verse from Isaiah - I used to have it as my sig here a while back - it's so full of hope and strength.

Well, I am off out again this weekend - looking forward to it and just hope my raging PMS doesn't put a dampner on it (I won't let it!)

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 02:23 PM   #19  

Hey girls! Sorry I haven't written in a few days. The internet's been down at our house.. satellite dish and a wonky wireless connection. I lost a pound... but it's the same pound I keep losing and gaining every week! How frustrating! So I'm stuck at around 155-157.

I won a fighting tournament this last saturday, and the kids Slept In Until 5:30!! That felt awesome! Ha ha! Hopefully they'll keep it up.

The baby just woke up (and is not happy about it!) So I'll be off for now.

-Lee Ann
SuGyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 07:10 AM   #20  

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our Target this week is supplements. Be sure and supplement your weight loss program with a good multivitamin. If you are over 40 you should be taking extra calcium for those bones, those of you thinking of having children should be taking folic acid. It never hurts to take a good fiber product either if you feel your aren't taking in fiber from food. Don't be afraid of supplements, just discuss them with your doctor and take what is appropriate for your health.

Amanda

morning gals. Don't have time to talk this morning. I am pretty busy here getting some stuff done. Please keep Jack in your prayers. We think he might have heel spurs/plantars warts and he is hardly able to walk. We can't get him a dr appt until next Monday so he is trying to work this way and it is very difficult for him. On a side note, if any of you have ever had this condition and know what would ease his pain, we are open to suggestions.

Have a good day everyone!

Faye
Old 12-13-2005, 07:46 AM   #21  

Well....it just goes to show you it's POINTLESS to obsess about numbers on the scale. I was an angel all last week with exercise and food...and I "gained" 4 pounds. This weekend and yesterday, I pigged out on all kinds of sugar..and I lost 4 pounds I have to learn to just keep doing what I know is right no matter what, and if I get off track--just get right back on again.

1 point for me yesterday for exercise...I'm halfway to learning my first jump! Today all the "goodies" should be in the mail and out of the house...at least until next week when they start rolling in from others. I'm just gonna let the kids have at 'em.

Well, gotta go....everyone have a great day!
Julie
Old 12-13-2005, 04:04 PM   #22  

Hi guys! So DH wasn't really thinking straight when he let our toddler play in Our Bedroom Closet a week before Christmas!! Arg! At least she only saw one gift and it was for the baby anyway... but now I have to find a new hiding place.

Lost another pound. Boy, I should complain more often! I seem to always prove myself wrong right after I say something.

(And Amelia's been diaper free for these last three days and nights).. YAY!

Lee Ann
Old 12-14-2005, 06:30 AM   #23  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's woe so we can gripe about anything we want today!

Julie

Lee Ann: Yeah for the big girl! I am sure you are thrilled she is getting the hang of it. They usually tell YOU when they want to stop peeing etc in a diaper.

Julie or shall we call you the American Sonja Hennie?: You have one full life, I have to tell you, but it is better than sitting around be bored isn't it?

I still have wrapping to do so I really need to just force myself to get up there and sit until it is done. I also have mopping to do today so better get to those chores!

Have a great day ladies

Faye
Old 12-14-2005, 12:45 PM   #24  
It is what it is...

Hi Girls, sorry I have been MIA I am not feeling well, my dd had a bad cold and I was with him alot over the weekend and I think I may be getting it, I am going to start taking some Airborne now, I do not know if it will work. Although he had a bad sore throat to start and I am just having horrible gland pain under my ears and down the sides of my throat, plus my head hurts... I am really kind of out of it, when I first came into this site and was trying to find Support Groups I saw the "Dieting with Obstacles" and thought it said "Dieting with Spectacles", and I thought my that his odd ... then I realized what it was and just shook my head at myself. I really need to go home to bed but I am out of sick time for the year, ughhhhhhh...

Faye - Sorry to hear about Jacks feet, I have had planters warts when I was in high school and there was no relief until the doctor froze mine off, I just remember it being so painful ... I hope he can get it taken care of soon.

Leanne - Good job on the one pound down and on getting Amelia trained, I have always loved that name, if I ever have kids I might just use that one.

Julie - I am glad the scales went back down for you, right now I am just doing damage control and trying not to totally lose control... I am looking on line for a recipe for buckeye's ( if anyone has one let me know ) and those are quite fatty so I am not doing all that well ...

Amanda - I have also had alot of pizza lately, I am sooooo addicted ... hope your PMS is not that bad so you can enjoy your weekend.

Susan - Hi, hope dh is doing well.

I cant say as I have been getting any points lately, well maybe for the water, I have been just drinking it and no sodas ... so I am not going completely crazy ... ha ha ...

Talk to you all later ...
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 01:34 PM   #25  

Goodness, this is no time of year to be sick! Too much going on. I don't feel sick, but I am exhausted. If I could just get a good night's sleep it would help, but I'm up 2-4 times in the night with my DH. He has a lot of pain from the neuropathy and they don't have much to help with that. He seems to be doing a little better - actually is eating a little more and keeping it down and not sleeping so much during the day. Middle of next week he'll be done with this round of infusion theraphy and hopefully they can take the pikk line out for awhile at least.

I have not been doing well with my eating, but will get back on plan after the New Year.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 07:05 AM   #26  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday. Take time for yourself today and be good to you! It is the only YOU you have!

Carri: Stay in bed and take care of yourself. We will still be here when you get well!

Susan: Glad dh is eating a little more, but it is horrible the "cure" so to speak is causing such pain to him. Hope you can get a little more sleep soon. Maybe someone to come in one night and help out? If I lived nearby I would be glad to do it once a week for you!

Have a good day everyone and take care!

Faye
Old 12-15-2005, 08:15 AM   #27  

Oh ladies! I have a totally opposite of WTG!! My hubby and I are going on a big ski trip for two this weekend, so a couple of weeks ago I tried on my snowpants to make sure everything was good. It fit-meaning i could zip it up and still move around, but was just a bit tight. So I figured I would diet just a little harder just to make it a bit more comfy for the weekend.

I Have Not Gained A Single Pound, but now I CAN'T EVEN ZIP MY PANTS UP!

I feel so awful and embarrassed! I don't know if I even want to go, now.

The only thing I can think of is that I'm expecting myperiod any day now, but I don't really believe that that's the problem.

If I ever needed support, now would be the time.

-Lee Ann
Old 12-15-2005, 09:31 AM   #28  

Lee Ann - maybe TOM has bloated you. Try cutting salt, eating pineapple and broccoli sometimes helps.

Faye, I'm sure I could get someone to come, but he is getting to be very clingy - only wants me at night. During the day he is okay with whoever is there. And I also have had such good help during the day that I hate to ask them for anymore. I'll be off most of the next 2 weeks so I'll try to nap when he does and get myself straightened out.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 03:43 PM   #29  

Good afternoon everyone! No points for yesterday...I ate some of the leftover fudge I made, and my body was screaming for a break from the skating. But today I had a great 2 hour session skating and have started learning moves so I can test and be eligible for competitions. Can you believe it??? I'm so excited! AND I figured something out today....I started skating so I could lose weight....but NOW I want to lose weight so I can skate better. The motivation has totally changed. I want so badly to be able to jump and spin and do all the cool things you see on tv--and I know I need to be thinner or I'm likely to hurt myself. So, I'm finding myself just not really wanting to eat. I don't know how long this phase will last, but I'm hoping it's a good long while!

Lee--don't worry about the pants---Sheesh, it's not like you're going to fall down or anything! Just wear some stretchy sweats over some longjohns. Seriously, by the time you get ready to go, you'll probably be fine. And you're going to come skating with me over Christmas, right??

Susan--I sure hope you get some rest soon. I know if I was in your boat, I'd want to spend every minute with my husband, and I'd totally neglect myself. Just remember you need to be healthy to get him healthy.

Carrie--I hope you feel better soon!
Amanda--Hi

Gotta clean so we can set up our tree tonight..
TTFN
Julie
Old 12-15-2005, 03:45 PM   #30  

LeeAnn: I am sure it is water honey if you are getting ready to start your period. I know that doesn't help a whole lot since you are probably leaving tomorrow, but can you borrow some pants from someone or just wear something else? It is NOT worth working yourself up over. You concentrate on that romantic weekend and not whether or not you can fit into those stupid pants! I know it is so upsetting when you have worked so hard, but you deserve this weekend so concentrate on having fun with hubby, ok? Just tell the pants they are losing out on the fun because they misbehaved, didn't fit and you are NOT taking them with you so they get no ski fun. In fact, they have been so bad, you are going to put them in the back of the closet where it is dark and dusty for a long time out!

Jack called just a little while ago and wants to go and get shoe inserts right after he gets home as he almost can't walk now and he has to wait until Monday afternoon to go to the dr. I feel so sorry for him, but there isn't much I can do until they definitely say it is a heel spur.

Need to run so have a good afternoon gals

Faye