Old 01-01-2006, 10:56 PM   #61  
lose2win

Whoops, hit the wrong button. Anyway, I hope you had a good weekend. Mine wasn't bad, I don't think I blew it w/ food as badly as I did last weekend. I skipped my workout yesterday but did 2-miles today and definately won't skip tomorrow. I have been helping my niece paint in her new house for the past two days and did not get sore, I attribute that to the upper body workout I have been getting with watp. She on the other hand is only 25 and has been sore from it. That made me feel pretty good (well not that she was sore but that I am getting in better shape). Little things like that are motivating.

Well talk to you soon.

MJ
emjay71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:08 PM   #62  

I made it through the day! I even exercised! It was tough but I did it. I'm pretty proud of myself.
TrinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:57 PM   #63  
lose2win

Trina,

Good for you. I'm really getting back on track now too after the holidays. I did my 1-mile watp tape today but have challenged myself to do my 3-mile everyday this week. Time to really kick it into gear. Good luck to you and I'm glad you popped in again. Talk to you soon.

MJ
Old 01-03-2006, 11:20 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 269/243/145

Trina,
Nice to see you around again. Keep posting away! What kind of workout did you do? Keep it up and you will feel great in no time.

Emjay,
Wow, what a weekend. I know I killed myself on food, and no water. I know I was retaining water cause Sunday night my hands were swollen. Too much salt and not enough water. We spent all Saturday on the road, road trippin. So of course my food choices were steered of course because you can't get healthy low cal food at most conveince stores. Ahh. Then we spent the weekend at my brother in law's house. Well he is single and has absolutely no food in the house. I have no idea what he eats. And being the tiny little town that it is nothing is open so our only food choices are to go to the local bar. Any way I have survied and am back on track today. I slept in but once I finally got out of bed I did my workout and ate my oatmeal. I am really getting addicted to that stuff. Well i think i have rambled on long enough. I will talk to you again later.
Jen
gingerjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 08:56 PM   #65  
lose2win

Jen,

Well your weekend didn't sound too fun. Aren't you so glad the holidays are over though? I am. I did not do my workout today. But I was at my job, cleaning and doing laundry for a family of five. I think it is quite a workout in itself, considering all the bedrooms are on the second floor and the washer/dryer on on the first. And I change bedding on 4 beds, vacuum, sweep, mop, etc. I think it counts. I'm usually there about 8 hrs. and never feeling like working out when I get home. Well back on track tomorrow though. Oh yah, I almost forgot, I'm down 1 pound today. I'm happy but hopefully will do better next week. Talk to you soon.

MJ
Old 01-03-2006, 09:29 PM   #66  

Emjay,
This morning when I posted I forgot to congratulate you on your new upper body strength. Feels wonderful don't it. Glad to hear that the new workout belt is working so wonderfully for you.
Yes I am glad the holidays are over, I do love Christmas but this year has been slightly stressful. Now I can really focus on losing weight.
Sounds like you do keep really busy cleaning. Holy cow, I hate cleaning up after my little family.
Congrats on the loss, hey one pound is still one pound of fat gone forever, but I know how much better a bigger loss feels. Well I am off to get my youngest ready for bed. Talk to you later.
Jen
Old 01-04-2006, 01:14 PM   #67  
lose2win

Jen,

I have completed my 3-mile watp this AM already. My goal is to do that one everyday this week. I have two 3-milers so I can mix them up. But, I'm going to work extra hard for a bigger loss this week.

Have a great day!

MJ
Old 01-05-2006, 11:35 AM   #68  

Emjay,

Good morning. Mine seems to be one of those days were I should have stayed in bed. Yesterday I did the nasty job of cleaning dog poop out of my yard. I have a golden retreiver so this is something that must be done often. Well needless to say I got some of the nasty stuff on my shoes. So I washed them in the washer and left them on the lid to dry. Well when my husband got ready for bed he threw his dirty laundry on top of my shoes. I guess I should be glad he didn't leave them on the floor. So anyway this morning they are still wet and I am not brave enough to do taebo barefoot so I am putting off working out until this afternoon.

And my printer keeps telling me I have the wrong ink cartridge in. I bought it brand new before Christmas and have printed with it and now all of a sudden it won't work, the thing is is it is the right one. Okay sorry to rant.

The calorie counting is going well. I had grilled chicken and cheesy beens for supper last night. I had chocolate cake for desert. It was from a mix and I modified it a bit. Instead of eggs and oil I just put a can of diet dr pepper in it so the cake itself only had 170 calories. Then I frosted it with fat free sugar free butterscotch pudding. So it came out to being a little over 200 calories rather than over 300. Tastes pretty good too. Of course not anything like home made but not bad.

Well sorry to make this so long. I will talk to you later.
Jen
Old 01-05-2006, 07:49 PM   #69  
lose2win

Jen,

Wow, sounds like a bad day. Hope your evening is better. My day has been OK. I got a lot of laundry done at home this morning and then off to clean a house. My sisters house today, 4 hours to clean the kitchen and bathroom (yikes). But I cleaned out a few cupboards too. I did have time to get in my 3-miler so I am still hitting my goal. I really notice a difference after I do the 3-mile. For one thing I am hungrier. I don't mind it though because I know my metabolism is kicked in. I think my metabolism is quite slow if I don't excercise unfortunately.

I have never heard of doing a cake w/ a can of soda. I have replaced eggs and oil w/ egg whites and applesauce before wich cuts the cals and fat alot but I think leaves it quite dry. Is it pretty moist w/ the soda? I made banana bread yesterday (had some brown bananas in a holiday fruit basket that had to be used). But I'm proud to say I gave almost all of it away. My hubby isn't too keen on baked goods or sweets in general so I cannot rely on him to demolish it. I left myself just enough to enjoy for a few days.

Well talk to you later.

MJ
Old 01-05-2006, 08:17 PM   #70  

My day did get better. I went shopping and bought Wedding Crashers. We are going to watch it this evening. I didn't get my workout in but I met my mother in Fremont to pick my daughter up. She was staying with her. Everyone wanted to eat at Wendy's. I had a salad and it was pretty good. So I am proud of that. No greasy fries and burgers.
I think that cake with soda is pretty moist. Not dry at all. I think next time I will try cupcakes since I love cake so much.
Well off to fix supper. Talk to you later.
Jen
Old 01-06-2006, 01:23 PM   #71  
lose2win

Jen,

Good for you w/ Wendy's. I don't visit fast food restaurants very often but when I do I almost always get a sandwich and fries, or sometimes a sandwich and a shake. I love ice cream. Unfortunately in my later years I have become somewhat lactose intolerant, it's kinda been a good thing and a bad thing, keeps me away from ice cream a little. Subway is my fast food of choice usually, and that helps keep cals and fat down. Oh yeah, I love cake too, especially really good cake. I'll attend a wedding just for the cake. Gee I wonder why I'm overweight?!?!

I haven't done my 3-miler yet today but I'm gonna. I thought about going back down to the basement, I think I have a buns of steel tape down there. I might add that into the mix. I really need to concentrate on my butt before FL. Although, my husband commented that my butt did look smaller. I think I'm toning up considerably. I wish I would have taken my measurements, I never do though, just watch the scale and how clothes fit. Oh yeah, my sister still says she is going to dig up the taebo tape. I wish she'd hurry!

Well talk to you soon.

MJ
Old 01-06-2006, 03:43 PM   #72  

I know just what you mean about the Burger and Fries. I love Burger king. They have the best fries (other than homemade, but nothing beats homemade). I used to be a Whopper girl, or a chicken whopper. Well it got so my poor husband was getting stuck with half my meal so now if I do feel the need to splurge I get a cheeseburger kids meal. Not as good but it is enough food for me.

If you don't do your workout first thing how do you manage to fit it in? It throws my whole day off if I don't do mine before all else. Yesterday I felt lost, which was wonderful in a way because that means the workouts are really becoming a part of my everyday life. I feel bad on Sundays when I don't work out but I do have to give my body a rest.

If your sister does remember the taebo that will work wonders on your butt. I know I can feel mine has gotten harder. Don't the comments from your hubby feel great. I know mine has gotten so much more touchy feely. I love it. Although he says it isn't all from the weight loss. He says my mood is much better and I am much more receptive to being touched again. Which is true, I don't feel like I have so much to hide anymore. And i love when he can feel my muscles. This weightloss has done wonders for me. I'm not nearly as depressed as I used to be. It got to the point that my hubby and I were talking about meds. Scary. but no longer an issue. I do still have my bad days but we all do and I just blame them on hormones.

Oh my I have gone and typed and typed and typed. I do that at times. Well I will let you go for now. Talk to you again soon.
Jen
Old 01-06-2006, 05:55 PM   #73  
lose2win

Jen,

Yeah the late workout does throw me off a little. I just finished the 2-mile (didn't start it until almost 5PM) probably would have done 3-mile if I would have done it earlier. I typically don't workout first thing in the AM though. If I do I feel more tired thru the day for some reason, I know that is opposite for most people. I usually do it between 10A and 1P, and the longer I wait the less likely I am to do it. But w/ the weekend here I felt I must. I had to go to the grocery store and post office this AM so that screwed me up.

I too have tons more self confidence when I am losing weight and working out. It definately affects my relationship. I notice it even enables me to do more things and go more places. Fat is depressing. You are so lucky that you did not have to resort to meds, they have so many adverse effects on people. I know that they are a godsend for some people but I think they are best used as a last resort. My sister takes something, mostly for anxiety (a little depression too) but she sleeps so much now. A lot of us who have noticed a big difference in her are kinda worried.

Well this is my second post today I guess I better get back to cleaning my house. It's terrible, I clean other peoples houses and mine always gets put on the back burner. Oh well!

MJ
Old 01-07-2006, 10:46 AM   #74  

I know what you mean about a messy house. Mine looks like it was hit by a tornado. The good news is it isn't a filthy nasty mess. It is I have two small children with a ton of toys lived in kinda mess. The socks I matched last night are still sitting in the corner on the living room floor and blankets on the couch to be folded. We won't even discuss the girls bedroom At least they don't sit and watch tv all day. I do let them watch Dora, Blues Clues and a couple other Nick Jr cartoons in th am but for the most part they are good for them and it gives me time to do house work.

I only did a 25 minute workout this morning. I didn't get much sleep last night. First of all I was up way too late chatting with my brother. But within an hour of going to bed I woke up with a toothache. I fought that for a couple of hours. Then my 2 year old crawled in bed with us twice.

I think this afternoon my husband and I are going to go for a walk or something. That might be really nice.
Well I spose I should get going, before I type the day away. Too bad my fingers don't burn enough calories to count as a workout. I'll talk to you later.
Jen
Old 01-07-2006, 10:50 PM   #75  
lose2win

Hey Jen,

I typed a big long post earlier today and lost it when it said I wasn't logged in (when I was). Arghh, I hate when that happens. So this should be short cuz it's getting late and I need to start getting to bed earlier. I have been getting in the bad habit of staying up late and sleeping in. It has to stop, I don't feel productive enough when I do that.

Did 2-mile today, waited too late again and that is all I had time for. Plan on getting up early tomorrow for 3-mile. I must say my eating was not great today, too much salt and too much fat. I'll do better tomorrow, although, I am craving a home cooked breakfast and I think I will do that tomorrow am. I'm talking pancakes and everything. I will just be sure to watch it the rest of the day.

Hey, how was wedding crashers? My niece is doing Netflix and she has that one coming. I heard it was good and will probably join her in watching it this week. We watched 40 y/o virgin last week and it was hilarious, quite risque but hilarious.

Well got to go.

MJ