Old 12-13-2005, 08:06 AM   #46  

Height: 5'1"

12.11.05 ~ 1740
12.12.05 ~ 1710

Mammogram and sonogram yesterday, ewww...
Nervous before, grateful after, all the stuff to push someone to eat, but I held on to my challenge.
Anyone out there?
"Holiday" shopping, maybe?
aria2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 08:31 AM   #47  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Good morning, Queenlies! Had a stellar day yesterday. It was the first day I felt any return of energy, which helped through the day. I walked to the gym and back, did the weights, did yoga and meditated. Drank the water, ate well. Felt pretty good about the day.

More job stress at the end of things -- IM with immediate supervisor about traffic slump, lots of pressure. Everyone's pretty much stressed to the breaking point. I've got yet another report to submit by the end of this week about the state of the site circa year end. Anyway, it was a stressful conversation but after I left the computer I went and poured a cup of chai (no sugar, natch) and sat down and listened to soothing music.

DH was cranky this morning -- I tidied the bedroom: he asked me if I was trying to make him feel guilty; I told him what I was planning to make for his birthday dinner (Middle Eastern feast for 12, at least partly chosen because it can all be made ahead): he hinted that he'd prefer a different special meal; I asked if it was okay if I invited my mom (along with his family) for the dinner: he said "I guess so" in a way that let me know he meant "if you must;" I mentioned that DS was coming: he pointedly said nothing, to let me know he wasn't thrilled. He asked me if I'd been running lately for its weight-loss benefits and when I said not since I got sick, he complained about me getting sick a lot. I started out in a good mood and now am feeling much less festive. But. I'm going to meditate before I do anything else. I won't let his mood ruin my day. I am reminded, though, of why I've occasionally thought "Do I really want to be in this relationship?" and why I consider it a little vacation sometimes when he's gone. He hasn't been this bad for a while, actually. He's trying to cut back on his drinking and it's making him cranky just thinking about it, I think.

Thanks for letting me unload and sorry for the me-me.

So -- on to today: I've got leaves in the back yard to bag up (as per instruction ) Will go for a walk, do yoga, meditate. Will remind self that my own mood is the only one that I can fully control, but I AM in charge of that one.

Love to all! Let's -- um -- stay positive, keep the good energy flowing!
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 08:48 AM   #48  
Empress/Queen

No need to be sorry for the me-me, Arabella! We all like knowing how our queenly comrades are feelin' ... I'm personally sort o' in the blah mode myself, probably due to it bein' Day 3 o' no refined sugar and also because of all the stuff I am doin' these days ... plus the new biz enterprise that I've added to my life ... I didn't do gym today and am not makin' a daily challenge. Tomorrow's challenge will be to start workin' out with the new trainer ... actually it's her exercise class I am skippin' today ... just have not been feelin' like going full exercise tilt since the flu and the new biz.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 07:07 PM   #49  
wsw

got in full exercise routine the last couple of days. over cal. limit today, but not too badly. tomorrow, though, will stick to my basic-no frills food plan, so as not to tempt myself with extras. that's the plan i'll try and stick with, in fact, since that is what has worked for me in the past. thinking of all of you, and hoping you have a good evening. take care.
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 07:44 PM   #50  
Empress/Queen

Great work there, W!!! I like your focus on the "no frills" plan!

Me, too. This be day 3 o' the no sugar and since I'm stuck here at work but have no work until 7 p.m. (don't ask), I almost did what I'd have done in the past and opted for something like a snack cake for energy, as there's not much in the way o' food I can eat on a low glycemic diet around here, even in the restaurants and the one grocery. Was starvin' ... low blood sugar, it was all but over, but I bought one of those no drain packs o' tuna, Velveeta cheese (I know, saturated fat, but it's good for blood sugar) and a jar o' mushrooms and made a mini-casserole in the microwave, drank some milk ... voila. Also discovered much to my surprise that the store carries a very good brand of hard, whole wheat and flax pasta, so bought a box to take home.

Avanti!
Old 12-14-2005, 07:08 AM   #51  
deleted2

I wonder how Wildfire fared with her Irish gentleman-friend? Let us know, Wildfire!

I have the big Victorian Christmas thing at work for the next 2 days and more bad weather is predicted but the show will go on and I have to be there, so I've decided that I'm just going to pack some things and stay at the historic house's apartment upstairs--probably for the next 2 days/nights. Don't worry about me--there's a kitchen, full bath, washer/dryer so I'll all set as long as the electricity doesn't go out!

Sorry about the me-me--but I have to get going. Still not done packing for my little adventure! All's well with me diet-wise--still on track!
Old 12-14-2005, 07:48 AM   #52  

Thumbs up Good morning, Queenlies!

We seem to have settled into this thread, more or less, but not everyone came with us. Hope all Royals are well!

Had a good day yesterday, met challenge well. I'm adding a tiny motivator: Each day, I'm putting a tiny star on the calendar if I met my goals and also an arrow (or _) indicating the direction of weight. Wouldn't it be great to be able to put a star and a "down" arrow on every day?

Eydie, your little adventure sounds like a nice get-away to me! Is it a beautiful old house?

Amarantha, you did great making that casserole -- and I bet you felt a lot better than you would have on cake!

WSW, kudos to you on the exercise! It makes such an enormous difference, doesn't it. Are you still doing the meditations tapes? I'm trying to fit in a few short meditations through the day. They're so transformative!

Aria, whooo-hooo to you on the buffet-bustin' and making your challenge despite all events conspiring to knock you off-kilter! You're an inspiration! And for getting through those procedures, too. I'm steeling myself up to make an appointment for a physical and colonoscopy.

Kaylets, that's so typical that you haven't heard back from your interviews. The older I get, the more I think we should never get stressed over these things -- you just never know what's going to happen. Work continues to be shaky for me. The owners are trying to sell (although they're not telling us that, of course). If they did I could be out of a job. And I've got to say, in one way it would be a huge relief to go back to freelancing. We'll see.

K, dahlings, mentioned or un-, I must poke nose into office (that means opening my email, which I decided to leave until after I'd posted Love to all! Let's make this a good one...

Old 12-14-2005, 08:22 AM   #53  

12.13.05 ~ 1860 calories

Did not do too good yesterday.
Was fine after dinner and then had...celery w/ hummus, air pop corn w/ olive oil and salt, low cal fudge bar, vanilla yogurt while watching TV. That evil thingie...

Arabella ~ Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:34 AM   #54  

I tell you, Aria, the television is heck on diets! Always seems like such a reward to be able to eat 'n' watch whilst slumping on couch, but it's like it turns off the "control" switch sometimes. I often just tell myself I'm not allowed to eat anywhere but at the table, which is effective -- if a little cruel On the other hand, I've also had some success giving myself a talking to beforehand, as if to a wee babbie: "Okay -- you can eat on the couch, but you are only allowed to have __________. And if you eat more than that, you're not going to be allowed to eat on the couch next time." And once I've made that contract with myself, I do okay.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:09 AM   #55  

Cute approach #2, Arabella!
I will try that next time!
Old 12-15-2005, 07:28 AM   #56  

Fly-by: Yesterday went very well, definitely getting into this. Got my little star on the calendar and a downward arrow this morning! Aiming to do the same tomorrow. Note: weight bounced up again from tracker value, but -- these things happen -- it's heading down again now. Like the sundial that only counts the sunny hours, my tracker will not register temporary, undeserved, upward blips.

Let's make this a good one!
Old 12-15-2005, 08:26 AM   #57  

Hello everyone!
Arabella ~ I sticked to 1535 yesterday.
Good for you that you got your star on the calendar!
Old 12-15-2005, 12:49 PM   #58  
Empress/Queen

Yo! I'm back on refined sugar! Had blood sugar crisis and ate a little piece o' candy to alleviate it, which was good, but that stuff is so evil it's hard to give it up again ... had a cookie yesterday and a Take Five bar plus donut so far today ... not sure this is a doable thing ...

Worried about a family member right now ... worried about starting my biz before I am ready and still have to do the meeting from heck tonight, so gotta go ... sorry, another me-me ... Arabella, I work well under that talkin' to self like child also ... had quite a tussle in my journal in the land far far with Inner Child Maisie ... all in all, I do better when the Diet Hags and the Universal Dietary Law Consortium issue THREATS o' DIRE CONSEQUENCES if dietary laws not obeyed ... think I must not respond well to peace 'n love ...

But I like you calendar idea as well.

Aria, best tell thy inner child there's NO TV if she's not GOOD!
Old 12-16-2005, 09:48 AM   #59  
Empress/Queen

Oh, joy! I have pneumonia!

Got the happy news yesterday, which explains why I continually feel like cr*p! Happy happy joy joy joy!

Anyhow, I digress. I'm goin' back to bed. See ya troops!
Old 12-16-2005, 10:03 AM   #60  

Lightbulb

OMG Amarantha! Wishing you a prompt recovery and sending you special good vibes!
Are you on antibiotics?