Old 01-26-2006, 04:06 PM   #181  
barb

Height: 5'7

Hi lisa yes it is very quite. Everyone is mia. I am on tom today and boy oh boy the cravings are hitting hard. I can only have a salad tonight for dinner. I am eating to many sweet jthings today. I hate this time of the month. Anyway I got my workout in this morning. I was only able to walk for 30 min and do 1 hr of strengh trsaing. I signed up for a new class with weights and areobic workout called body pump. It is suppose to be really intense. I will let you all know how it goes. I am also goig to another Doc tomorrow to get this thyroid thing under control. I am all over the board with it and want to know why. Any way have a great day.
djmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 06:38 PM   #182  

Hi everybody! I'm here just been busy these last few days. djmommy I'm from NW Ohio near Toledo! What part are you from?

I'm having some asparagus right now, delicious.

Welcome to all newbies. I haven't been too good at keeping in touch here but hope to change that!

Thank God tomorrow is Friday ;o)

well off to read posts...

Take Care and Good Luck
Cathy H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 07:00 PM   #183  
Shelleybelly

Hi Lisa, Cathy & Djmommy!

Lisa - I like the egg beaters myself, but my husband loves real eggs - so we compromise egg beaters for me and real eggs for him. Good luck with Weight Watchers sounds like you are doing good!

Djmommy - Don't worry about the TOM I read somewhere that during this time your metabolism is in high gear. f

Cathy - How are you doing with your exercise? I walked 1 mile yesterday on the treadmill and am going downstairs in a minute to walk 1 mile today.

Well everybody keep up the good work!
shelleybelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 08:42 AM   #184  
barb

Hi shellybelly, Congrads on the exercise. Cathy I am from columbus area. I used to live in Mi so I am familar with toledo. I am off to work out myself. I am not doing so well cuz of tom but hopefully today will go better. I need to get focused again. My bday threw me off. Oh thus is life. Catch you all later.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:03 PM   #185  

Default Hi guys!

TGIF!!!!

Yeah dj, I agree about the tom with shelley - you can more done with exercise and all because your metabolism runs higher or something. Hang in there.

Thanks for the warm wishes on WW. I am doing well so far. Trying to keep within my points range for each day. I'll let you guys know how I do on the weigh in tomorrow. I'll pop back online next week.

Take care and have a great weekend!!

Lisa
hellokittyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 03:03 PM   #186  
barb

Just got back from another doc. He wants me to stay on the same thyroid meds that I switched to. Anyway for 6 weeks, than we will see what is happening. I hope I do not gain any weight. I will go beserk. I have to keep going just in case that happens. This sucks.. Ohwell again this is my life. I know I am being negative I will stop. I will succeed. Going to a dave and busters tonight with the family. Looking forward to getting out. Have a gtreat weekend ladies.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:46 PM   #187  

Not doing well with exercise. But did get 2 new Leslie Sansone dvd's. I'm hoping to get moving tomorrow..

Congrats to all for doing so well!
Old 01-28-2006, 09:00 AM   #188  
barb

Well guys went out last night with the kids to an arcade=-bar place. I bombed my day. I drank beer ,too many and ate taco bell which was all carbs. Today I wanted to work out to make up for it and my dh is at work. Sooo not sure what will happen maybe I will do the kick boxing at home.I am obuying the new sb cookbook today. That way I will be motivated to stay obn the program. No more drinking for me. One drink and I lose focus of my diet and goals. Again Life goes on mmmore ups and downs. It is hard to get back on track once you are going strong. But I will be back on track today . Anyway have a fabulous day.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:13 PM   #189  

Don't feel bad I'm trying to get my act together. Anyone on here count their carbs? I need some serious HELP!
Old 01-30-2006, 08:58 AM   #190  
barb

Cathy I am not counting carbs I am doing south beach. I love it so far, It has its ups and downs like any diet. I lost the 12 pds in the first 2 weeks than I played around and gained a little lost a little ect.... Today I am jstarting phase 2 or yesterday I did. I like it better. I had a great sandwhich yesterday Todayt I will have the same one for lunch. I am a huge carb person. I do know that is my trigger food. I am only going to have 1 carb a day. Like bread or rice, or grains. The rest of the day will be the other healthy stuff. I just bought the new south beach cook book and I do like it. I made one thing so far but plan on making more this week. I really believe I need variety in my menu. I would love to help you with this. Just not sure what you are doing?Atkins ? anyway there are some great recipes on this site too. Let me know about yourquestions. Also I read try not to have your fruit until dinner or night snack in some people it will trigger them to crave more carbs. I am very focused again. It has been 2 days since I blew it and I do not want to go there for a while.I am back where i started 12 pds and Maybe One more. I will check today at the gym. I am setting a new goal for St.Pat's Day of 15 pds. I still have 3 pds to go for my groundhog goal. I think is this week. I am going to try like heck to get there. If any one wants to do a St Pat challenge just let me know. Good luck
Old 01-30-2006, 04:57 PM   #191  

HI I'm trying to follow the adkins diet, but... I guess I could switch over to sb. I have the book somewhere. I have not given up, I feel as though my clothes are feeling a bit looser...

Thanks... and Good Luck
Old 01-30-2006, 05:20 PM   #192  
barb

Personal opion but I really think the south beach is a healther life style. Read the book and see what you thiink.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:52 PM   #193  

Would you briefly tell me what you are allowed to eat on phase 1? I have yet to find the book here...

Thanks.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:54 AM   #194  
barb

there is a revised list on this site. Go to the place where you find our support group. just keep goig down until you see the area for south beach. In there in one of the post is the revised phase one. If you can not find it let me know. You can print it out if you want. I lost anoter 2 pds. WHOOO, I am so geek I need one more pound by thurs and I met my goal. I am making cookies today, that is going to be so dang hard. I have to for a big party. Oh well jthis is when will power sets in. I am off to the gym let me know how it goes for you.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:55 AM   #195  

Default It's me again!

Hi everyone,

Well I wanted to give you an update on how my first week at WW went.

I lost 1.6 pounds, which brings my loss to a total of 4.1 pounds!!

I thought I would lose more, but I guess weight loss slows as you get older.

Hope you all are doing well. Take care.

Lisa
hellokittyfan is offline   Reply With Quote