Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 06:00 AM   #31  

Wecome, Connie! I'm in for a chat if I can stay awake. You sound like you have the healthiest way of living. Exercise makes all the difference in the world. I run 30 miles per week. Feel free to join us on the exercise thread.

I'm ashamed to say that I won't be posting on the weight loss thread. As I have said before, I just can't face the gain. I am up to 126 this morning. I haven't run for 2 days. I haven't been feeling too great. I have really been craving sugar, but haven't given in. I wonder if the reason I'm craving it is the Viactive that I have been taking. It has sugar in it. That's the only sugar I have, except for my Sport Beans when I run, but I've had those before. Unless it has to do with all my hot flashes.

Gayle-Thanks for the tip. I was actually keeping the bathroom and kitchen clean the flylady way, but stopped. I did get my floors mopped Monday afternoon. I've been doing a load of laundry when I get home to catch up on that. Your Halloween outfit sounded hilarious. I wish you had taken a picture.

Georgie-I haven't heard of Groveland. I have a friend that lives in Apopka. Is that near you?

Dee-Thanks for letting us know what's going on. I know that making a video slide show is very hard. My friend makes one every year for the 5th grade graduation. It takes her a couple of full days to do it.

Sherry-This week has been like school started all over again, what with being out for a week. Things are really tough there right now for everyone.

Has anyone heard from Ramona? I am worried about her.

Gotta go to work--see ya!
Old 11-02-2005, 12:24 PM   #32  

Man, I stay away for awhile and all sorts of exciting things happen!

Welcome back Vicky!!! I've missed you!

Now if we could just get Jennelle, Titan Dee and Ramona, we'd have a GROUP!!!

Welcome to the newcomers--Georgie and Connie--hope that the two of you stick around for a long long time! This is a great group of ladies.

Gayle, glad you had fun trick-or-treating. I think it's great that you and Steve dressed up with Allison.

Shelley, glad that Wilma's gone. Don't worry too much about the 1 pound (I know that's impossible, but TRY). Also, you'll get back on track with the running. It's not like you've been slacking for no good reason!

Dee, sounds like you're up to your eyeballs now!!!

Sherry, how was the game? Busy, I'm sure!

Gotta run (I'm at work)

Love,
Cheryl
Old 11-02-2005, 06:26 PM   #33  
Losing it!

Shelley, don't worry about posting on the weight loss thread. Have I told you as of late how proud I am of you??? You are doing an amazing job of maintence...I think maintaining is actually harder then losing the weight.

Nice to see you Cheryl!

Gotta go do my moms meds for the week, I'll check in later!
Old 11-02-2005, 06:47 PM   #34  
Losing it!

How is the weather for everyone? It's been lower 70's the past few days and is predicted to get into the 80's tomorrow! it is unseasonably warm here...usually by this time it is no surprise to have a snowfall. Dee, do you guys have snow???
Old 11-02-2005, 08:35 PM   #35  
Gonna Be Gorgeous!

Hi Shelley! Yes, I am near Apopka. It is about 30 minutes west and a bit north of Groveland Hi Gdean! The weather here in Florida is...well like Florida! Warm and sunny. Gets a bit cooler at night and that's real nice for opening windows and sleeping. Hope all is well with everyone! Talk to ya later.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:12 AM   #36  
Losing it!

I had my husband convinced into moving to Florida until you guys started in with all that hurricane business!!! LOL!!!!
Old 11-03-2005, 05:39 AM   #37  

Gayle-As much as I'd love to have you here in the Sunshine State, I wouldn't move here either. But then again, is there a safe state out there? You have tornados, we have hurricanes, and the west has earthquakes. I'll take a hurricane any day before an earthquake! I'm not sure about snowstorms. I wouldn't mind trying one. Yesterday was nice, but the day before it rained quite a bit and flooded our drive again. No walks for the dog in the last 2 days. I had to use my water boots to go through the water, then change into my Brooks for running and leave the boots at the side of the road until I finished my run. I'll probably have to do that again today, unless the water goes down by the time I get home. BTW, how is the booze business these days? Are you still enjoying it?

Georgie-I'm sorry to say we never open our windows. We go straight from air to heat. We don't have very many windows in our house and there is no cross ventilation. Also, I hate the humidity when they are open.

Work is still rough. The principal is getting on everyone's case about everything. The building super is ready to quit. I feel so sorry for her. She is always being criticized for her work, and she is absolutely the best one we have ever had. The school is kept emaculate. The principal and AP demand perfection.

Guess I'd better go. Have a great day, everyone!
Old 11-03-2005, 07:17 AM   #38  

Thank you to all the warm welcomes. I think I realized something about myself yesterday. I went on some interviews for a p/t job after being a stay at home mom for years. I went for 2 interviews--one in retail and one as a security officer with lots of activity. Can you believe I want the active one more? I found myself asking the interviewer if this was an active position because i didnt want to be stuck behind a desk! A year ago, I never would have even thought to apply for that job. I actually shocked myself! Thats hard to do...shock yourself with yourself! lol

Well cross your fingers that they offer me the security position. They offered me the retail position on the spot, but i am just not sure its for me.

Time to get the kids up for school...check back later

Connie
Old 11-03-2005, 08:01 AM   #39  

hello girlfriends!
WELCOME CONNIE!
im Doni,45 im in indiana,1 beautiful daughter catagan 13 i homeschool her,
again welcome!

georgie,hey i like that name!i thought that was what your plan was,i have heard of it but because of the liquid part of it it was to be under drs. care .
so it realy didnt take off here.
glad you like it and are doing well.

dee,take er easy,glad you posted.
vicki,take care ,i know what you mean bout being sick n tired of being sick n tired!

gayle,loved your joke!
the costumes sounded great!
wished i couldve dressed up wouldve been fun.
our weather is iffy,its posed to get to 75 bet this is our indian summer!
im taking advantage this weekend gonna put our christmas lites out on the porch,no wont turn em on but they'll be ready,if it gets to cold out my fingers wont work,and heaven forbid i ask the beast to do it!
every year he and cat carves pumpkins every year well this year he wanted to play a playstation game he plays everyday so me and her did it and hey wasnt to bad!
i told him your just teaching me to be more independent of you!
ok that didnt go over very good!
oh well!

cheryl,great to hear from you!

sherry,hows the lo carb doing?how lo is lo?
i like my carbs!

shelley, ok,what are sports beans?
you'll get that off in no time!
you are awesome,wished i could run.my feet are to bad,not to mention id get black eyes!
catagan and i did go trick or treating!
we went with my girlfriend of 39 yrs.her son and cat are 6 months apart.
she went as a witch,ha!i thought of your joke ,altho she didnt have a broom i shared your joke!
they all laughed and went ewwww!
hey werent you doing the flylady?
i was to,need to get back at it.
especialy now need to get rid of things in case of a fast move,you get my meaning.
no real drama here just the usual he was trying to get me to eat the candy i said no and he'd get pissed!the other is going great!
its almost 8am and its 51 degrees!
i am upset by something,
i have ordered 4 dvds off amazon and 2 of em shipped well mon.we didnt get get mail till well after 5pm i was gone with cat. tricks and treating when i got home i had mail but no dvd's i was realy expecting them my porch lite wasnt on but that dont mean there wasnt people on my porch.its thurs no dvd's and one of em is from chicago!
duh!shouldve gotten them by now and im so scared they were stolen!
dang i hope not ill be so upset!
pray they come today!
have a great thurs.!
huggers,

doni
Old 11-03-2005, 09:54 AM   #40  
Losing it!

Connie, good luck and I hope you get the job you want!!! I just went back to work in August when my youngest started 1st grade, I enjoy the people (working retail) although the job is highly demanding physically and the stress level seems to stay high. It is the largest liquor store in our city and we do a large volume of business which means a continuous flow of customers plus shipments coming in 3 days a week on liquor and daily on beer. I'm starting to build muscle in my arms from the lifting of cases, most of the time, over my head!!

Shelley, sent out the coupons today, expect them soon....sorry not earlier!!! I like the job other then the owner and managers demand perfection and tend to be "nit-picky" over certain things. I believe rules should be rules, I noticed with them, the rules change upon the situation...this can cause a feeling of being overwhelmed most of the time. I really enjoy working retail, but I get nervous before I go in just because I never know what to expect. If I ask how I'm doing, I hear SUPER, only to be reprimanded a few hours later. LOL! One of the co-workers the other day finally just came flat out and asked the owner "Are you happy with me because it doesn't seem like it"... it's a job and it's making my car payment...

Doni, Brian is actually teaching Cat well....she is seeing how you are being treated and she is learning she should never have to live that way once she marries. I'm glad you two had some fun time together and did the carving pumkin thing. We still do our annual Halloween meal here...Allison is the only one who openly expresses her excitement but yet I know if I were to stop, everyone would complain. Something so simple can make special memories for children. I hope you find you DVD's!!!!!!!!!!

We get the tornadoes and snowstorms here. Tornado season is early spring through early summer and we can expect snow anytime after October and into April. Most of the time it falls November through the month of March. One year we had snow on the ground from Thanksgiving clear through mid March!!! I like a pretty snowfall where it snows and melts by the end of the day. Here in Kansas we usually end up with bitter chill, high wind, ice and blizzard conditions. YUCK!

I hope all is well with everyone!!! When are we chatting???????????????
Old 11-03-2005, 10:38 AM   #41  

No great weather stories here except for snow storms and on those days you stay home. We always know when they are going to happen. Shelley you can come over and enjoy one with me. We burn the fire place and sit around and read books.

I am still very busy but things are getting done. After this anniversary things will settle down. We will be away at a resort from Nov 10- 13. I misss you girls.

Welcome to the new girls. I am looking forward to getting to know you.

GTR.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:58 PM   #42  

STOP!!!!!!!!

Please Go To #55..........A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!!!!
Closed Thread