Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 10:07 AM   #16  

hello,

shelley,YAHOOO!
you got the power baby!
im so glad its back on!man some of the things we take for granted.

gayle,check out amazon for there bellydancing vids,they have used ones for cheap and most are brand new!
ugggg joke is cute but ewwwwwww!
you crack me up!

eddie,the medifast is that a liquid diet or something?
ive heard of it.
of course its ok to be naughty,i wouldve to.

janice,hows your hand doing?
please take care,need to rest it.ive got ra in my left and its so painful when it flares up,so i can only imagine how you feel,rest,rest ,rest!

everyone have a safe and happy halloween!
hugs,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Marlena8811.jpg (17.6 KB, 31 views)
Old 10-31-2005, 06:54 PM   #17  

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!

I hope everyone has some spooky trick or treaters at your house!!!

WELCOME EDDIE!! It's so nice to have you!!!! You will love all the ladies here!! Most of us have been here for 4-5 years! Come on in..sit down & enjoy us!! Again...Welcome girl!!

Shelley,
I'm so glad you have power back on!!! Did you get all that laundry done? About the house cleaning, When I dust weekly I just do the basic dusting but then every other week I dust all my mini blinds. Then once a year, I buy new ones! Since we moved into this house last year, our blinds in 2 windows are custom made so we won't be buying new ones on those two....TOO EXPENSIVE! I'll take them this spring and wash them outside. On the bathroom: Run your tub FULL of water, pour bleach in and then let it sit over night. For now on, use Windex to clean shower,tub and shower walls with. Good luck!! (Damn, did I sound like Martha Stewart???? )

Be right back...spooks at the door........

Gayle,
Wayne LOVED your joke!!!! It took me a few seconds to get it but he got it right off!! LOL I bet you're about to take little Allison trick or treating!! Tell her I said hello & I hope she gets lots of candy!! Take pictures!!! I would love to compare them to the earlier years...you know, how she's grown!

Be right back...another spook at door..........

Vicki,
I'm so glad you posted!! The Sister that you haven't talked to...Is she the same one that has the Daugter that was hit by the drunk driver? How is she doing? Take care of that elbow and please post again soon!! I've missed you!!!

Dee,
Where are you??? When you don't post daily I worry!! Did you get Jay moved out? How's your boobs & tummy???? Let us know you're ok!!!!

Janice,
I loved your Halloween cliparts!!! Take care of your wrist! Try not to over-do it! Yep...Still on low carb. I lost the 2 lbs today that I had gained last week from going out of town. So I'm still at 22 loss. Hang in there and don't give up!!!

Doni,
It's so good to see you posting a lot again!!!!

Sorry ya'll...I've got to get off here!! There are so many trick-treaters!!Wayne wants me to help him and I love seeing all the costumes!!!

More tomorrow....Love to all.........
Old 11-01-2005, 05:57 AM   #18  

We have never had any trick or treaters. In fact, last night, I wiped out at 7PM. No running, just a load of laundry, then laid down in bed, ate my dinner in my bed, and went to sleep.

Sherry-Keep the cleaning tips coming. I want to rip out my blinds, but don't know how to, and I don't want Mike to know. I have curtains over them (they are in my bedroom.) I have tried to rip them out, but haven't been successful. I'll try the bleach trick in the girls' tub, but can't in mine. It is a tile shower/tub and very large. I have never been able to fill it up to the rim with water because it would take quite awhile to do, plus the water leaks out. I have thought about pouring bleach in there though. Do you think it would hurt the beige tile?

Janice-About the diet. Maybe your body needs some carbs. Have you tried South Beach or WW Core? You may have to put some healthy carbs into your body to keep it from craving them.

Eddie-Is Medfast a liquid diet? I seem to have heard about it too. Exactly where in Fl are you?

Gayle-I'm so dumb. I don't get the joke. Apparently though you had better not explain!!

Sherry-WTG on the WI. You are doing wonderful.

Debbie-Good going on yesterday's WI!!

Doni-Did Cat go out and trick or treat?

Ramona-Where are you??? Please post and let us know how you are.

Dee-Your big day is coming soon. You must be very busy preparing.

Love to everyone else!!
Old 11-01-2005, 07:13 AM   #19  
Gonna Be Gorgeous!

Hi all...Shelley, yes Medifast is kind of a liquid diet...it's 5 supplements (shakes, oatmeal, soup, bars, chili) and 1 lean meat and veggie meal daily. I am just outside Orlando in the Clermont area. My actual town is so small, NOBODY has ever heard of it. Groveland to be exact! Well everyone...Have a great day!
Old 11-01-2005, 07:14 AM   #20  
Gonna Be Gorgeous!

Thanks for the warn welcome Sherry! Glad to be here
Old 11-01-2005, 10:01 AM   #21  
Losing it!

Shelley, my helpful household hint is to do something productive in one room of the house everyday. Such as dusting the livingroom or straightening up the diningroom. It seems like I can "tackle" things better if I'm not feeling so overwhelmed with all of the filth. Today is my kitchen day, I will do the usual, plus clean & shine my counter tops after I get home from work. I remember the day when I could clean my entire house in one day! I would start in the morning and go until later afternoon/early evening, now I can't ever seem to get it done in one shot!
Imagine a witch riding (holding her) broom.... now do you get it????

Eddie, again a warm welcome to you! Feel free to post as often as you would like to!!! We all behave most of the time....I will warn you...we have a few wild ladies on here too!! LOL!

Sherry, I wish I had your get-up-and-go to get my house clean! I think my get-up-and-go ~~ got-up-and-left!!!!

We went trick or treating last night. Allison dressed as a medevil princess, Steve as a monk and I wore my pajamas with a wild funky flowered robe over the top that I found at a thrift store. I put cream on my face, rollers in most of my hair and then froze the rest of my hair to stand on end. I then had a light socket with electrical cord that I placed on my finger to give the impression I was getting ready for bed and stuck my finger in a light socket. I know, I know....EVERYONE thinks I'm crazy! Mostly the inlaws..... LOL!
We went to our community college, they offer a Halloween tour through the dorms and the college kids hand out candy from their room. each child going through the tour brings a canned food item which then the college donates to the needy. We then went on to the Aunts/Uncles and Grandparents. Allison told me she knows Halloween isn't the healthiest with all the candy, but it sure is fun!

Wishing everyone a great OP day today!!! I am back on track...nibbled on a few pieces of Halloween candy last night, plus made cookies for treat baskets yesterday afternoon and munched on a few of those too....
Old 11-01-2005, 11:23 AM   #22  

I am here but not for long.......I haven't even had time to read the posts. Sorry.
I have been super busy with Jay moving and our anniversary party. I can't believe how much time that consumes. I have spent over 40 hours working on the 230 picture slide presentation. Thanks Sherry....lol It looks great but boy talk about stress!

Gayle you are a thoughtful, amazing friend. We recieved your card, that was so sweet of you to take the time to do that for us. You are very special. Thank you.

Off I go again........love you all.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:00 PM   #23  

Sherry...Yes it's the same one with the daughter. The daughter is doing as well as can be,her mother,my sister doesen't see or help her much which is sad in itself. now to team up with the damn aunt who knows nothing of our family...They make a pair.....

The elbow is feeling pretty good this morning and hope it starts to stay that way. I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Oh well later girls.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:07 PM   #24  
Gonna Be Gorgeous!

Hi Ladies...it's me again! I have a stupid question so here goes...

What is a "sticky"? I see these at the beginning of the thread listings in the forums. What do they do? Thanks!
Old 11-01-2005, 05:04 PM   #25  
Losing it!

I'm not a "sticky" expert Eddie, but I think it means it is a thread that will stay and never be deleted.
BTW: Is your name Eddie or do you not want to share because of security reasons.

BTW: My name is Gayle, age 42, two daughters age 20 & 6...wonderful husband of almost 10 years!
Old 11-01-2005, 07:08 PM   #26  
Gonna Be Gorgeous!

Hi Gayle! My name is Georgie. Eddie is my 8 year old son's name. I am 37 years old and have been married 20 years to my high school sweetheart. I am on this website hoping to make some friends in my journey to lose 70 lbs. Hopefully, we can "chat" sometime! Talk to ya later
Old 11-01-2005, 07:24 PM   #27  

Hi ladies...

I am new to the site but have been finding it wonderful and helpful. I have been wondering all over trying to find a fit and thought I'd post here for a bit. Hope you dont mind one more. A little about me, I"m almost 34, i have 2 children 10 and 5 and i have been on the loser track for about 11 months now. I kind of faltered there for awhile with vacations and laziness, but I was lucky not to have gained anything back.

I am back with a new found sense of purpose. Do not ask me where I found it, I have no clue! lol I am finding it easier this time to say no to those little extras and stick to the plan....

I hope to post often as it keeps me busy and i find after a few minutes the urge for that oreo passes...

Connie
Old 11-01-2005, 07:43 PM   #28  

WELCOME CONNIE!!!!! It's so nice to have you!!!!! The more, the merrier!!! What plan are you following? Wow...70 lbs. is GREAT!! Please feel free to post often! You'll love this crazy group of gals!!

Georgie,
Yep...Gayle is right. A "sticky" means that it will stay in place and not be deleted or fall way down. Not a dumb question at all!! By the way, this forum does have a chat room. It would be nice to get us all together and chat one night!! We used to do it!!

Ok..Who's in for a CHAT NIGHT????? What night? What time????

Gayle,
Your outfit sounded sooooo cool!! I bet you & Steve were the hit on your street!! Did you do pictures?

Dee,
Try to get some rest!!! I'm glad you posted for a little!! I've missed you! Also, so glad your movie with the pictures is turning out good!!

Shelley,
I'll send you "tips" as I can think of them!! Share any of yours too!!

HUGS to all.........Got to eat!!! I'm starving!!!!
Old 11-01-2005, 08:16 PM   #29  

Sherry--Thanks for your warm welcome. I think a night chat would be great!

As for my plan, I never did anything traditional. I watched my "white" carb intake, I watch my calorie intake and most of all I exercise like a pro. I am there every day but one! I have become a total gym rat. The women there help me feel connected since I am a stay at home mom and my little one loves that he gets to play with all the other kids. I highly recommend a supportive gym environment.

I have to say, I did start slowly. I decided in January to finally do something. I just had one good piece of advice...dont try to change every single thing overnight. I think that is the biggest key to my success. I didnt all of a sudden cut my calories AND start exercising 30 mins a day. I took it real slow..changing my eating habits slowly and then about a month and a half in starting to exercise. I eat a well balanced diet and yes, i admit it...i cheat!! The big difference is when i cheat, i dont fall off the wagon completely....i just dangle a bit. Ok I have been long winded enough....lol

connie
Old 11-02-2005, 12:02 AM   #30  
Losing it!

Allison shared a joke tonight:

What is a Witches favorite subject in school??

SPELLing!!!!

WELCOME CONNIE! I like how you worded your dieting by saying you don't fall off the wagon, but just dangle a bit....I tend to do the same thing. You have an amazing weight loss for the year! WAY TO GO! Hope to get to know you better!

Georgie, thanks for sharing your name. I like reading the ID names but I get a "feeling" about the person when I have a more personal name to call them. We have one little chickie here who I met with an alias, it is still difficult for me to remember to call her by her real name.

Sher, I WOULD LOVE, LOVE, LOVE TO CHAT! I'm open Thursday eve if anyone else is! BTW: I forgot to take Halloween pics...boo hoo....

Dee, you are very welcome! I just wanted to let the two of you know I will be thinking of you on your special day! How is your dad's treatments going???

Vickster, please take care! How are you taking care of the little ones with your injuries?

Well better get to bed, my age is starting to catch up with me!!
Closed Thread