Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2001, 09:28 PM   #16  

Hello All,
After working the weekend my day off was today. My girlfriend came down and we had a girls day of walking on the beach and a nice lunch. It was just what I needed. We did 2 miles but were foolish to do it in the heat of midday. Got a little too much sun but I usually turn brown in a couple of days. I am not a sun lover, don't lay out in it but if I am walking or working in the yard I enjoy it. I am proud to say that I have walked 4 days in a row. That's great for me.
Angel eyes: I hope that you had a great time in Montreal. I think that I would kill myself if I ran. Have a hard time just running to cross the street.
A fast walk is the best that I can do.
JO: Sounds like you have quite a remodeling job going.When I am walking I don't realize how far I have gone, especially if I am walking and talking to someone.Now that I have quit smoking I can actually walk and talk at the same time instead of huffing and puffing.Have a great time camping. You will get plenty of exercise if you bring your bikes.
Sharon: You certianly are a busy girl. Hope that you had a good time at the RV show. I used to enjoy going to them.
Sandi: Sounds like you had a good time with Chrissey. Wish that I were there. Gazing Balls are very popular here. I plan to get one for my garden this summer.
Judy: We will keep Cal in our prayers and you in our thoughts. You are being very strong in a really hard time. Good luck to you both.
Time for me to put something together for lunch tomorrow. Have you gals tried Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches??????? Only 2 points and just yummy Take care all. Love, Julie
Old 06-26-2001, 11:32 PM   #17  
MK

Hi ladies. How are all of you doing? I haven't been here much because of work. I just seem to be so tired. I will be going on vac. on the 30th. I think when I get back I will try and get myself tested for diabetes. I should not be so tired. But anyway I will weigh myself when I get back. My period is due and I always put on pounds for the few days. Of course it is due to start the day we leave. I am hoping it suprises me and starts tomarrow. At least the worst days would be behind me.

This will be the first trip that my husband and I have taken alone. I hope I don't come back to spazed out cats and a mess to clean up. OR that my son and daughter have gotten into with each other. My MIL is going to check in every day with them. Yes I know that we all have to let go, but if you knew my kids (20 and 23). When they get along everything is fine , but when they start fighting with each other Oh well, once I get on the road everything will be okay Then I just realized we will be traveling on a holiday weekend. I try not to do that. To many crazy drivers out there. I will check in when I get back.

Congradulations to all that have lost weight and to those who are trying. Have a safe and wonderful 4th of July. I will be in Missouri right around ST. Louis. Take care . Love you all. Mary Kay
Old 06-27-2001, 08:23 AM   #18  
Long Lost Chickie

Good morning and happy hump day. Well, girls, Jo is once again obsessing about weighing in. I'm not as bad as I used to be but I still get all keyed up. I'm going to have a gain this week. Bad weekend and not enough time to make up for it. And last night I was so bad! Had to run some errands and then instead of going home and hopping on the treadmill as planned, I sat in the VFW and drank beers. When I finally did go home, I laid in bed and watched TV while the treadmill sat there going "Yoo hoo!!! Uh, Jo, aren't you going to use me!?!?" Not.

I find myself thinking "I'll start tomorrow". Like for example, I will weigh in tonight and get it over with and I keep thinking about how I'll have to do really really well for my next weigh-in on Sat. (July 7). I have this really great goal that I'm going to be at 165 or lower by then. That means I have to be down 1.5 lbs. from last Sat. but I'll also have to make up for any gain I see tonight. Do you think 3 or 3.5 lbs. lost after a week and a half of really intense dieting, exercise, water, etc. is too much to ask? I'm trying to stay realistic but I'm also trying to motivate myself.

OK, I'm rambling. Sorry. Tend to do that at this hour of the morning. And occasionally during the rest of the day too.

Hi MK! Glad to see you back! I say just enjoy your vacation and don't worry too much about things at home. (You can worry about them when you get back. ) Seriously, sounds like you can use a good vacation. Just be careful about those "holiday drivers". Rich and I have decided to leave very very early on Sat. AM and will probably come home on Tuesday instead of Wednesday.

Julie, you're like me. I like getting just a little tanned and "healthy looking" but don't have the patience to lay out in the sun. Can't be good for me anyway, right? Your walk along the beach sounds wonderful. I'm not much of a beach person but love to walk along the water's edge, etc. Wish I lived closer to the shore.

Sandi, you've got me thinking about gazing balls now. I've even got a perfect spot for a small one. Hmmm. Maybe when we get back from camping...

Judy, you around? How's it going? I'm sorry to hear about the problems between Cal and his daughters. What happened??

I guess I have to go. I'm sitting here thinking about all the stuff I have to do at home while I'm sitting here at work. Don't you hate that? I have to worry about packing and laundry and buying some stuff, etc. Of course, Rich is saying things like "oh, I'll pack before we leave on Sat. morning" and "yeah, I'm sure we have that but if not, we'll get it later", etc. Men!

Hope you all have a good one.
Much love, Jo.
Old 06-27-2001, 10:06 PM   #19  

Hi!

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. Not much new to report here. I'm still keeping a food journal and doing pretty well at staying within my daily points range. I weigh myself on Friday and hope to lose a couple more lbs. I'll report back on Friday and let you know how I did.

Jo, you can lose at least 3 lbs. in a week and a half if you try hard. Come on, you can do it!

MaryKay, I hope you enjoy your vacation with your husband. What do you plan to do in Missouri?

Julie, you are doing so well with your walking! Keep up the good work. Are Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches in the grocery store?

Sandi, it sounds like you and Chrissy had a wonderful visit. I've noticed some gazing balls at the local nursery this year, so they must be getting popular here too.

Judy, I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles. I'll remember you and Cal in my prayers.

Sharon, I hope you are enjoying your trip to Missouri.

Gail, sorry to hear Ken is not feeling well. I've heard that kidney stones are very painful.

I've got to go fold some laundry. I'll check back in on Friday.

Trish
Old 06-28-2001, 08:07 AM   #20  
Long Lost Chickie

Unhappy Boy am I bummed.

It was worse than I ever imagined. In 5 days, Jo managed to gain 2.8 lbs!! I almost died. I found myself thinking that maybe the scale was off or something. It's not the WW place I usually weigh in at but really. I thought maybe a pound or so but almost 3!?!?! So I've figured it out and I have to (OK I really WANT TO) lose 4.2 lbs. by Saturday July 7. Possible? Only if I'm perfect. So perfect I will be.

Maybe it's a good thing that our friends won't be coming camping and it'll only be Rich and me. Only good food and Rich playing "trainer" for me. Won't be going to the little towns near-by for a beer at the pub or ice cream at the little stand.

I CAN DO THIS!!!!

Today's going to be a challenge. A bunch of us are going to the local chinese food buffet. OK you guys, what can I eat!?!? Already decided to drink gallons of water and had only a banana for breakfast. But I forgot to check the WW book about which chinese foods are better for me than others.

Hm, guess I'll have to go check the WW website. They should have something listed, don't you think?

I apologize for this rambling "ME" post but I'm trying to hold off the panic....

Stay tuned.....

Love you guys.
Jo.
Old 06-29-2001, 12:29 AM   #21  

Default See you in a week

Hi Everyone,
We will be leaving at 4 in the morning Friday night to go up to the cottage in Wisconsin. So I won't be around for a week. It should be a fun time as our daughter and hubby and 2 kids will be going with. They will bring the speedboat and the JetSki. I will stick to a relaxing ride on the pontoon boat. It is really very nice and peaceful there. Very relaxing.Hope we we have good weather.

Jo...Yes, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!! Just get that mind set to it. Have a fun time camping.

MaryK....You also have a good relaxing time on your vacation. You deserve it as you work so hard. Easy for me to say, but don't worry about the ones at home. I know though. Us mothers eem to always do that.

Trish....How did you do when you weighed Friday? I am sure you did well as you stick to the program very well.

Chrissy......You also have a nice trip to see your niece Mary in Seattle. I am sure she is as excited as you are.

To everyone....HAPPY 4TH. OF JULY!!!!!!!!! Love Sandi
Old 06-29-2001, 01:59 AM   #22  

Hello ladies-

Well, I wrote a nice long post and wouldn't you know it, I went to submit reply and pouf, gone.

Oh well. Yes, I'm still around. Still walking 20 minutes every morning and afternoon and still trying to lose weight. The difference is that now, it's a different kind of commitment. My husband and I want to have a baby. I would feel better if I lost about 15 pounds before I get pregnant but, I will work on losing weight until I get pregnant. My fear is that my weight is going to interfere with my fertility. I keep reading all sorts of reports on that and it's starting to scare me. We shall see what happens ...

Jo- Don't give up, you can do it! Hang in there!!

Gail- Sorry to hear about Ken's kidney stones. I hope he feels better soon!

Judy- I'm sorry to hear about Cal and his daughters. You and your family are in my prayers {{{{{{{{JUDY}}}}}}}}

Sandi- Sounds like you and Chrissy had a good visit.

Mary Kay- Enjoy your vacation, try not to think about your kids (I'm sure it's easier said and done) and have fun.

Sharon- I hope your having a good vacation!

Well ladies, I've got to run and get some beauty sleep . I'm sorry for not addressing each of you individually. I may not post that often but that doesn't mean that I don't think of all of you (fondly I must add).

Hugs to all!

Sylvia
Old 06-29-2001, 08:23 AM   #23  
Long Lost Chickie

Well, this might be my last post for a few days. Boss is due back in today (wouldn't you know it) and things are sure to be chaos. So far today I've had at least 3 people tell me that they're going to need me to do something for them "first thing this morning". Get in line, folks.

I have to get out of here on time tonight. I haven't even begun to pack. Rich hasn't gotten the camping gear out. We don't know what food we're taking or if we have it all in the freezer or have to shop. It's not like me to be this unorganized! Took Watson up to mom and dad's last night and didn't get home until after 9:30. Woke up later than usual this morning and couldn't get anything done. Augh! I still keep swearing that we're going to leave by 5 or 6 tomorrow morning. Just going to need lots of caffeine.

The bad news is that I got to my parents' house last night just as they were sitting down to dinner. Yes, I did join them. No, it was not pretty. Don't know what I was thinking but I just couldn't get enough of "Mom's Home Cooking". Being the anal compusive that I am, I went home and weighed myself. So I didn't sleep much last night worrying over this weight loss thing. Yes, I'm that neurotic.

Well, I know that some of you are already off on your vacations and holiday trips. Hope you're all having/had a great time. To everyone else, I send a slightly early Happy Holiday!!

Much love, Jo.
Old 06-29-2001, 10:22 AM   #24  

Good Morning!

I lost 1.5 lbs. this week. I had hoped to lose more, but I'm satisfied because I lost a lot last week, and as long as the weight continues to go down, I'm happy.

It sounds like a lot of you are either on vacation or planning to go on one. I hope you have a wonderful time!

Jo, don't weigh yourself after you've had a big meal! You're setting yourself up for disappointment. Have a great time camping. Where are you going?

Sandi, your trip to Wisconsin sounds wonderful. I love to go boating, especially sailing.

Sylvia, glad to hear from you again. Good luck with your weight loss and getting pregnant. Post with us again soon!

Have a great weekend!

Trish
Old 06-29-2001, 01:58 PM   #25  
Veggie Princess

S/C/G: 253/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

Hey Everyone. Sorry to be so silent. I have had a lot going on here lately. And in the category of best birthday ever this day is a 10!!! I am just having an incredible day. I even woke up in a good mood and that NEVER happens! I figured I'd be all depressed today but it's been unreal. I can't see anyway for it to get any better. . . wow I'm like obnoxiously happy . . . I think I'll go ahead and reply to some of these posts and see if I can tone it down some.

Trish - Way to go on the loss. I agree down is definitely good.

Jo - You can definitely loose that much but you will have to be pretty strict with yourself. If you want it badly enough you can totally make it happen!

Sylvia - Sounds like you are doing great. That walking is going to make you a very healthy and hopefully soon to be pregnant gal!

Mary Kay - Great to hear from you. I bet that vacation will be just the trick to help you feel better. If you even think you may have diabetes I'd get tested as soon as possible. The longer you wait the more damage your body can possibly do to itself. It's better to know about something like that. It could also be a Thyroid thing - that can sure sap your strength.

Julie - Your girls day sounds like fun. Good job on all the walking. Keep it up and you'll be at your goal in no time at all.

Sandi - You lucky girl. I never win anything like that. You and CJ! :P

Judy - I'm still praying for you. Sorry to hear about all the trauma with Cal's daughters. I hope they come to their senses and realize how precious this time is before it is too late.

Well I was hoping to address everyone but it looks like I actually have something I'd better get hopping on. Happy 4th everyone if I don't get to post again.

Gina
Old 06-30-2001, 10:34 AM   #26  

Happy Weekend All,
I haven't been here in the last couple of days because my daughter Nicole was hit by a car Wed night. You would think that at age 18 she would know how to cross the street but she was late and not paying attention. Thankfully the worst of her injuries are a few broken teeth. Her body is a mass of scrapes and bruises but they will heal. The teeth can be fixed so we are all very greatfull. I think that her grandmother was watching out for her. KIDS!!!
I did manage to go to my meeting Thursday night only to fond that I had gained a pound. Oh Yuck Ok I won't give up. That's what happened last time. But this is really hard. I either want food or a cigarette. Which one is worse??? OK OK I won't do either but at least I could whine a little bit. That's done. Till next time.
MK: It's scary leaving kids alone but they are adults. Hopefully they will act like it. Have a great time on your vacation.
JO: Have a great camping trip. Don't sweat the small stuff and in the grand scheme of things weight really is small stuff
Trish: Congrats on the loss. Be very proud of yourself. Skinny cows are in the bigger grocery store and taste like carvel flying saucers. They fill that icecream urge on a hot summer night.
Sandi: Have a great vacation. Your cabin on the lake sounds wonderfull.
Sylvia: Best of luck on your quest. It's great that you are still walking every day.
Well ladies sounds like I am one of the few who are home and working over the holiday. To those going away have fun. And to those of us not we will manage to have a good time anyway
Take care all Love, Julie
Old 07-01-2001, 04:29 AM   #27  

Default Here we go again

Okay well I finished my Uni papers on Friday, found out Charlie is ifnally gaining weight on Thursday so I can keep exclusively breastfeeding, so with everything on track I went to WW on Saturday and joined.

160.8pounds. Yech.

So Sat was day 1 and so for two days I've been on program and gone for a 20 minute walk both days as well. Tomorrow it is back to the gym. Here we go girls!!!

Jo - tell you what - you go 100% OP and I'll do it with you. I'd like to lose about 4.4pounds by July 7. Here we go!

Sylvia - I wouldn't worry too much about yourweight getting pregnant, just keep eating well and walking and you should be just fine! Remember it can take up to a year. My friends whose twins are now 5 months old (my gosh it flies!) is a 'bigger' girl and she had NO problems obviously!!

Julie - Glad to hear your daughter is okay. Mine is only 2.5months old but I have already turned into a worrying freak. 'tis motherhood eh?

Okay well must be off, but I'll be back every other day from now on. I've thirteen weeks til I go back to work and 13 kilos (28 pounds) to lose. I can do it!

Love to all and it's great to be back amongst my friends
Sam
160.8/160.8/132
Old 07-01-2001, 10:39 AM   #28  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking I'm back.....

Hey Ladies.....I'm back from my holidays. Actually didn't travel anywhere....but did lots during the days and nights. Dh and I even had 2 whole days by ourselves...that in itself was WONDERFUL!!! It felt like a mini honeymoon.....(wink wink)...if you know what I mean! We went to the beach, picked fresh vine ripened strawberries, ate out, went swimming at friends, didn't clock watch, went shopping leisurely, had bbq's, and slept in.
WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR?

Hi Ladies..I didn't quite make my July 1st goal....but I did feel I gained some in my general health.

1. I am now weighing in at 202, but feel a satisfaction knowing I have run for 10 minutes on the treadmill.

2. I have increased my hand held weights and still can do my 3 reps of 15.

3. Went swimming several times and actually didn't dread putting on my swim suit.

4. Have also started to run around my block (1.5km) In the beginning I was walking more than I was running. And now...am almost running the whole block, one and a half times.

5. Although I am still at a plateau,(yes for 3 months now) feel like I have met my first summer goal of 35 lbs lost, and now am ready to step up the challenge and lose some more.

6. I am up to the challenge of the second phase and will definitely do what I need and want to remain focused, motivated and committed!!

Hope you all have a safe July 4th....and see you soon!! Keep up the great work!!
I haven't had a chance to get caught up with all the old posts...but I know you all are doing so well. Keep up the good work!!

ps...Julie, so glad to hear that your daughter will be all right. That is one of a parents worst nightmares!!
Old 07-02-2001, 05:26 PM   #29  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default Remember me?

Hi Guys:

I am here for a little bit …. Couple more days then back to the cabin for the rest of July. My MIL’s 90th birthday is July 4th, so am busy getting all ready for her party. 90 years and still driving too! Dick’s sister is her from Oregon – haven’t see her in many years! And our daughter will be here from Traverse City … unfortunately we can’t get all our kids home at one time.

Our daughter from California just had her 1st baby – we have a new grandson, Brandon Lee. He was born June 28th, 7 lbs 15 oz. Well, that makes 9 grand children now.

Weighed in last Thursday at 9 ¾ lbs (1/4 lb from getting my 10 lb ribbon) but I’m still staying OP and that is what is important. 2 ¾ lbs has been my biggest loss so far! I feel positive that this week I will have my 10 lbs ribbon … then 8 more lbs for my 10%.

I’m going to try and address everyone as best I can – if I miss anyone, please forgive me ok?

Sandi: Good going girl for starting this thread 2 times in a row! But so sorry, I’m going to break your streak here and start the next one myself … don’t want you all to forget me you know ….. Hope you have a wonderful time at the cabin in Wisconsin ….

Trish: 4 lbs!/1.5lbs! Great job! Are we on a roll or what? You are doing great – keep it up.

Angel-eyes: sounds like you are on a roll yourself! Glad to see you back. And full of pep and vinager on the excercising too! Good attitude!

Gail: So sorry to hear about Ken … hope he is feeling better really soon.

Julie: Julie!!!!!!!!!! How good to see you back with us! I am so glad to hear from you! Missed you loads. Don’t dissappear from us again ok? Really am glad to have you back! And congrats on quitting smoking! I know it’s rough, but better for you in the long run. So sorry to hear about your daughter, but so thankful that she is ok. Pretty frightening tho, huh.

Sharon: Was great talking to you! Are you still in Missouri??? Hope you are having fun! Talk to you soon …

Jello: Hope you are having a fun time camping … did you get to take your bikes? We took ours with us at the cabin … even took them out one night for a nice 12 mile ride! What a workout!

Blunder: You and Cal are in my prayers…. I am so sorry for all you are going thru right now … and so sorry to hear about the problems between Cal and his children … he certainly does not need all that along with everything else. Hope the kids realize this and make up. We’re here for you Judy, don’t forget that.

MK: By now you are on your vacation – hope you are having a wonderful time too …. Did you run into Sharon??? She’s in Missouri too! Or was … hahahaha
Don’t worry too much about the kids while you are gone .. I’m sure everything will be just fine – especially if G’ma is checking in! Been there, done that! And we still have a house standing! Have a good time!

Dreamer: Good to hear from you girl. Glad to hear things are going well with you and the new one. Pictures?????? Hey, my daughter just had her first June 29th – a boy … my 9th grandchild. Brag…brag…brag… Good for you going back to WW …. You’ll be down before you know it … eat right now, don’t try to lose too much too fast ok?

Tatterbaby: Welcome to the group and I hope you post with us often so we can get to know you. You will love these gals – theya re the greatest!

Well, got to go …. But will TRY to post one more time before we leave again (this Friday morning). Unless I get on my friends computer, you probably won’t hear from me again until the end of July. Don’t forget me!!! Love you guys!

Love, CJ
Old 07-02-2001, 05:28 PM   #30  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

#29 ..... see ya on #57!
Closed Thread