Old 11-21-2005, 01:31 PM   #346  
Cynical RedHead

Hi, Betty!

Welcome, and best of luck on your water challenge!

I drink water all the time (of course, I am in the ladies' room all the time as a result) and it is just so good for you. I like it just plain, but if you need a little flavor, try squeezing in a piece of lemon, lime, or orange. Or maybe use some crystal light to flavor it up.
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 05:34 PM   #347  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

On to day 12. But where is my mate Red???

Gym this morning for 45 minutes and managed to do 6 out of the 10 abs/ crunches of my Red challenge - where is sheeeeeee? That's day 4 out of 5 gym completed. Only tomorrow to go. The gym here in town is a bit different from what I am used to. There is even and ironing board in the women's locker room. I haven't used it!!!! I'm doing a Carla on the creased and wrinkled look.

My was sheer delight that I got through the lot in only one sitting. I prefer to do them in batches of 4 or 5 at a time. When I get to putting beside water, you will know that I have cracked it. If I ever get it alongside all the features of the challenge you will know I created perfection. Don't worry, it may (probably won't) never happen.

Betty - welcome. I used to have a problem with water now I just guzzle it down - mostly early in the morning since I hate having to stagger around in the dark to find the loo. Also, I know the experts tell us that we should drink 2 litres of the stuff per day. Well hello, it is a darn sight easier for a 6 foot 5 hunk weighing 100kg to drink 2 litres of water than a 5 foot, 71kg female. They have more places to put the darned stuff. So I drink about 1500mls per day. That seems to suit me okay. I can lose weight on that, I don't have to run to the loo too often and I can get through it a lot easier. By all means flavour the stuff, but try to use citrus juice (not concentrate) and not a sweetened (artificially or otherwise) flavour - I often put slices of orange, lime, lemon in the jug.

Fish - tell the DH that if you don't starve it now, you will come back from the cruise on the end of a rope imitating the lifesaving dinghy. Best you take it off now and put it on then if you must put it on. My favourite Italian white is a trebianno - which is a grape variety and not a label name. It's crisp and light. I also adore the Pinot Grigio. Aaaaah I could get high just thinking about drinking it.

Better go and do something. Back later.

Last edited by Shad; 11-21-2005 at 05:36 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 07:11 PM   #348  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

hi guys..

i took a pause day yesterday(day 10).. just felt like being lazy... so today i did 1 hr of circuit training and today is day 10 for me!

i read something that said if u lose slowly u can be sure it is fat that you are burning and not water! so sometimes slow is good!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 09:44 PM   #349  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Day 1 Complete.

Well to start off my challenge this time. I'm gonna do a no soda (diet or regular) challenge.
And today was day one for me. No soda. Need to go grocery shopping though, cuz I hate how our tap tastes. ANd I need some better foods in my house.

So anyhoo. To make my challenge more clear:
1. No soda (diet or regular)
2. Record my activities and food @ FitDay EVERYDAY

Anyhoo. Gotta write a paper for my humanities class (due tomorrow= can we say procrastination). Have a good night ladies.

Last edited by SillyFluff; 11-21-2005 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Forgot to specify my challenge.
SillyFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:10 PM   #350  
Exercise Queen

SillyFluff I'm glad someone else is also I'm now 8 days finished with no soda of any kind. As a diet coke addicit this has been tough!

Checking in tonight with-

No Soda- 8 Days
Abs- 3 Days

Don't ask me to give up my coffee!!!!
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 12:28 AM   #351  

Day 12 (CREAK) and Day 11 (DETOX) covered. There's nothing like a spinning class to wear you out - and give you the sorest butt. I think maybe two more classes before the tuchus toughens up enough to make these classes feel a little more like "fun". As for the wine/choc part of the challenge, it's been a little hard today, but I did manage to sublimate my urges in a bowl of light popcorn and a PBJ sandwich - on whole wheat, of course.

Thursday I have an appointment with a local weight management doctor. He's supposed to be very good, without being into any extremes. Anyway, I thought I'd give it a try. It's not one of these extremely expensive deals with an ironclad contract, which appeals to me. (I always mistrust any system that demands a big financial commitment - it seems to me if it works, people will pay as they go. Sort of like WW without the meetings. ) I'll report on it after the first appointment.

No rant or babble tonight. Time to sleep.

But by the way, Shad, my wardrobe is decidedly dowdy, but ALWAYS clean and usually wrinkle-free. So you'll have to cast those aspersions at someone else.

Where's our faithful leader Red?? Surely not in the clink after an evening out with her debauched young colleague!?
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 02:18 AM   #352  

Just a quickie, Day 6 done. I am so busy getting ready for house guests. Thank goodness I'm not hosting T-day, I'm stressing out as it is.
Marble, it's so good to hear from you! I'm glad you are well again and good for you getting right back on track!
Welcome Stagemom And Betty!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 06:20 AM   #353  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Red face groan...

Red is recuperating from a night (and following morning) of painting the town with my young Irish coworker......will I never lose my fancy for the cute young fellas?!?!? (the wayward colleague, also young and adorably cute, was with us in the beginning, but did not accompany us on the later taxi rides through Tokyo and following crawl of three other pubs.)

Shad, you and I are even now, since crunches were not on the menu...any of the menus...last night. If I can find time to get down and work those abs tonight after finishing up some long overdue work, we will remain neck and neck....

I will be back tomorrow to read over all the posts.....it looks like I am going to have to get seriously silly and crack down on my fun...a very daunting prospect with two big race days, parties and press conferences this week for the Japan Cup. I will try to control my urges.....

Ciao a presto! And a big hello to our newcomers! Others, all ye regulars, hang in there and do not take your cues from your faithful, but often wayward, leader!

Last edited by redballoon; 11-22-2005 at 06:33 AM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 06:47 AM   #354  

Oh there she is!!!!! Goodo. I've done the crunches for today.

Day 12 done and dusted. Time for bed otherwise I shan't get up in the morning for the last day of exercise for the week. I'm all packed and ready to go. God, I am so organised I hate myself.

Food
Water
Exercise
Crunchies

Red, I only hope you are enjoying yourself fully with the boys. Sounds like a good life is being had by all. I'd forgotten that the Japan Cup was on shortly. Wonder who we are sending up? Makybe Diva??? Is there an NZ entrant??? Losing touch here in the boonies.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:54 AM   #355  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi Shad! Still working away here. Yes, the Japan Cup is on this weekend, but, unfortunately, once again the Southern Hemisphere goes unrepresented. Australia and New Zealand rarely get anyone up here anymore since Qantas did away with the direct flight, which means horses have to suffer through a 48-hour gruel that inevitably take its toll. Makybe Diva I thought was being retired. She was here in the spring but failed to do well. The Kiwi mare Horlicks, however, still holds the Japan Cup record at 2 minutes 22.2 seconds over 2,400 meters. Throw around those little stats and impress your Aussie mates.

Ok, later gator!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:02 AM   #356  
Exercise Queen

Quickie check in-
No Soda- 8 Days
Abs- 4 Days

I have rehearsal tonight so I will not be back to check in until very late or tomorrow am.
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:26 AM   #357  
Cynical RedHead

Day 8 of ACE over and out!

I am wearing a pair of slacks today that I have not fit into since last fall They are a *little* tight around the belly, but not uncomfortably so. I am looking very preppy in my willow green wool slacks and my pink and white argyle cashmere sweater. I am, however, having a very bad hair day with all this rain. My lovely locks are pulled back into a utilitarian pony-tail

Red - do you write for a horse-racing magazine? or just a sports magazine? I want to go to Tokyo so badly. I read a ton of fiction that is set in Japan, and it just seems like the most amazing place to be. A friend of mine did a semester of study abroad in Tokyo about a year and a half ago and he had a fantastic time. However, I promised DH we would go to Europe before we went to Japan, and we are probably not going to be able to afford Europe for a few years *sigh* I will get there one day!
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:30 AM   #358  

S/C/G: 238/196/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Day 1 - Water

I got my water in for yesterday - all 64 ounces plus some. I actually got 72 ounces so that is GREAT!

Old 11-22-2005, 04:51 PM   #359  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redballoon
Hi Shad! Still working away here. Yes, the Japan Cup is on this weekend, but, unfortunately, once again the Southern Hemisphere goes unrepresented. Australia and New Zealand rarely get anyone up here anymore since Qantas did away with the direct flight, which means horses have to suffer through a 48-hour gruel that inevitably take its toll. Makybe Diva I thought was being retired. She was here in the spring but failed to do well. The Kiwi mare Horlicks, however, still holds the Japan Cup record at 2 minutes 22.2 seconds over 2,400 meters. Throw around those little stats and impress your Aussie mates.

Ok, later gator!
WHAT!!!! They actually transport horses in PLANES???????
Maykybe Diva is retired indeed, who wouldn't after winning Melbourne Cup 3 times straight?

I'm still on Day 7 today, having had to take a freebie yesterday because of a migraine...
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 05:23 PM   #360  

Default Day 13

Sushi - how did you think they transported horses? At one time they used to take them by sea, but horses get seasick and can not vomit. They also can't get enough exercise (maybe transport them on an aircraft carrier?) and land up in a state which takes months to fix. So Makybe is retired - shows how many newspapers I read! Had to rely on Red to tell me who won. Although I can probably quote chapter and verse on the pedigree of some of the big names of horses in NZ Racing. At one time we had a lot to do with training stables and race courses. I can still remember my first winner - at the Tauherenikau Racecourse - a big black named Kinloch. I was about 9 at the time. Later in that week, we got to have a ride on the same horse and feed some carrots and hay to another of the NZ greats, a chestnut called Great Sensation. I've been away too long - I know nothing of Horlicks pedigree, I will have to look it up.

Betty - well done for getting in the water. It is very important particularly when you reach the stage where you are starting to plateau. Can make all the difference between hovering and going down.

Fish - way to go on fitting into the new/ old britches. What an NSV.

Stage - good going on the no soda stuff. Keep it up.

Red, thanks for the info on the neck and neck bit. I have done 7 reps this morning along with my gym session. So I have only three left to do at home. Hallelujah. I definitely do not feel energetic when I get home. I have to force myself to do the things that have to be done. Maybe I should find a teenage colleague for a night on the tiles. Might do me good.

Okay better go and do my duty before God and the Queen. Be back with results tonight.