Old 10-20-2005, 12:18 PM   #31  

Ok, the bathrooms are done, but I ended up gagging and choking on the nasty stuff I have to use. I have tried EVERY product on the market including the organic stuff and my helpful hints and the ONLY thing that takes the ring out of my tub is Kaboom, which is an Oxyclean product. Not supposed to be "fummy" but it is and the ring was particularly nasty this week so I had to really douse it. Luckily, just getting it finished makes it ok again. I try and hold my breath, but that doesn't always work!

Gail: Thanks for the sites. I use the lionbrand site and Bernat's site and freepatterns.com (which has some old stuff I wouldn't put on my grandma! ) Did you read the story about the lady that lost a breast and made her own at the knitty.com site? That was sad, sweet and funny and what a great idea. I saw the end of a "Strong Medicine" program the other day where a very young adult woman lost a breast and instead of having reconstruction and all that had a beautiful tattoo painted on the one side. I am not a tattoo fan, but what a wonderful idea to make yourself feel better. It was beautiful flowers and vines, etc. Explain to me something. On the Harry Potter "prisoner" scarves, why the marker after you cast on? I guess I missed something with why there is a need for a marker.

Ladies you all have a good day and I promise not ot come back in her yakking again today!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 12:33 PM   #32  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Faye, you need a marker when you are knitting in the round so you'll know where a new line of knitting begins. For example on the new HP scarf, you knit 27 rounds (lines) of the main color, knit 3 rounds (lines) of the contrasting color, knit 5 rounds (lines) of the main color, then knit 3 rounds (lines) of the contrasting color, and then knit 27 rounds (lines) of the main color...and keep going until you have 14 double bar sets of the contrasting color. Personally, I love the slytherin colors but they're the "bad" guys right? I'm not a HP fan. Did you see the pattern for knitting a uterus at knitty.com? Now you tell me...why...WHY...would someone want to knit something like that?!
GailR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 02:34 PM   #33  
I will do it this time

Hi! I am back and we had a wonderful time. The weather was beautiful and I ate too much. I don't know how you can go away and not gain a pound or two. It will be off in no time though.

I hope all of you are well. I will try to catch up with what you have been doing. Right now, I need to go fix lunch.
Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 05:01 PM   #34  
I will do it this time

Well I just got word that my son will be having a cardiac cath with the possibility of angioplasty and/or a stint. His heart is not getting enough blood. They need to find out why. Those kids have had such a tough time. Plus he is leaving his job because the original company sold and the one that took over is not doing well. Plus he is working 12 hours a day and took a $20,000 a year pay cut. Not good. Thank God she is still working and not pregnant. They do not need a baby right now. Sorry, but I needed to vent a bit.
Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 07:58 PM   #35  
Thin Within

Arrow Thursday Weigh Day

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It has been an eventful day. Went to WW this morning ~ at which I lost a 0.6 which I will not sneeze at becaue I am happy about any loss for it is in the right direction. Went out to lunch and then some shopping. Got home and tried to get on the internet and it kept giving me different reasons why I couldn't get connected. I tried all the tricks, unpluging everything, turning off the computer and waiting 5 minutes before starting it again. Nothing helped so I called the tech back and he looked up the records and low and behold I had been terminated. Why, I quired and he said that periodically they have a staff that goes through all the records and brings everything up to date. Well, they didn't bring me up to date becaue I got disconnected he realized but got me reinstated within 10 minutes. My phone number is different than when we first sighned up and my e-mail address is the same so it through their system a different thing it didn't know what to do but terminate me because the first phone number we had is still in use. Of course it is because it belonged to the church I told him. That explained to him why the phone company was still getting paid for that number all those 4 months I wasn't paying for internet service ~ and whe we did reinstate the contract and changed the number they tried to get us to pay for that 4 months of internet which they had failed to disconnect. We have a copy of the letter so they had no recourse but to quit trying to charge for something we didn't use. All because that old phone number was still being used. Go figure. Anyway I am back on line.

WELCOME BACK SHARON sorry about your son ~ hope all gets well with him and the doctors do him good. You are right what ever you gained on your trip will be gone soon.

There is lots I need to read it seems but I'll say HOWDY to every one and do some yacking persoanls later. Gotta fix dinner now.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:53 PM   #36  

Good Evening, Flowers! I ran a few errands after school and have been putzing around ever since I got home. Not much is newsy from my corner of the world . . . it was a cool 60 degrees but nice and sunny day.

"Gma" -- Knowing some of the baggage that these kids have at home, it is remarkable that they can function at all let alone be successful at school. It is evident that parents don't realize the impact their actions have on their children. I think I will opt out of a book club. I am not a fast reader so would get left in the dust for sure.

Gloria -- I lean towards the mystery/romance books too. I just started reading Barbara Delinsky and really like the couple of books that I have read. I hope that more rain won't do any more damage for your daughters' homes.

Gail -- This student is a Mexican and in their culture a way to prove their feminity is to get married young and have children. Her mother works at the local packing plant and I'm not sure if there is a step-dad or not. The mother's last name is not the same as the daughter's. The boys prove their masculinity by drinking and fighting. Most have the goal of working at the packing plant and driving a new car or pickup. We have LOTS of pregnant girls walking around with their bellies hanging out for all to see. It is sad.

Sharon -- I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. It's always nice to get away -- makes one appreciate home even more. I'm sorry to hear about your son. I hope that the tests go well and he will soon be on the road to better health.

Maggie -- Congrats on the loss! Any loss is a GREAT loss! Isn't it a pain trying to straighten out messes when someone doesn't do their job in the first place? I'm glad you were able to get back online so quickly.

I have some algebra notes to check over so better keep moving. Have a fantastic Friday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 11:21 PM   #37  

Well since I yakked us right onto page three, maybe 4, I am going to start a new thread. See you at #38

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote