3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Time For Serious Fun #115 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/66831-time-serious-fun-115-a.html)

Mirabelly 10-25-2005 10:47 AM

Morning all---

I've been doing really poorly the past week...food and exercise wise. Not sure what's going on, but I had an all out binge last night in the car while I was driving home from dance. :( I think I'm just so fed up with not losing, even though I've been exercising, that I just feel like it's hopeless. Now, in my head I know it's not hopeless--I just think that was what triggered the binge.

Anyway, I dragged myself to the gym today and felt a bit better. I decided to face my secret kitchen addiction, which is likely the very reason I haven't lost a pound in ages. Cardini's ceasar salad dressing--it is soooo yuuummmmyyyy! It's full of fat, and calories -- 160 for 2 Tbsp.--I know I'm putting at least 3 times that much on my salad once or twice a DAY! :fr: I've just been telling myself that it's salad, so it's healthy. But reality has to be faced, and I'm doing it now. No more of that stuff for me, at least for the rest of the year. I swear I'm addicted to the stuff! I put it on Veggies, meat, potatoes, salad--Anything! I'm hoping that just this one little change will put me back on the right track.

I weighed myself this morning and was up to 213! Crap.... I still want to be 199 by the end of the year--SOOOOOO....

Miss Amanda! I hereby challenge you to a duel--you and me babe, let's see who can get to that magic number first. I know we can both be there by New year's. I know you're a couple of pounds higher than me--but you also have more dedication, so we're basically even. Whadya say? :carrot:

Faye, T sounds so cute in those pants--I make my girls wear pants under their cheering skirts. Cuz it's like 35 degrees at night and they're wearing nothing but panty hose! CONGRATS on the pounds down, too!!

Carrie--CONGRATS onthe 3 pounds!!!

Susan, glad to hear hubby's feeling a bit better.

Amanda Panda 10-25-2005 06:30 PM

Hello folks,

I am finally on the mend - I've only had to blow my nose about 10 times today instead of 10,000! :rofl: I am not quite up to going to the gym yet, but am aiming to go for a light workout on Thursday. The good news is I have been eating well and staying OP - this is my third day in a row! I just keep repeating the mantra '199 by Christmas' over and over - it is a tough goal so I have to stay OP from now until then. I said to Nigel, I want to be 199 on Christmas day, then on Boxing day I'll be 210!! ;)

JULIE - Challenge accepted lady! It's not an easy target but it is something to keep us focused and OP until Christmas. I am a bit heavier, I am actually 219 at the moment but haven't the heart to change my tracker - but if I work my butt off then I think I may just be able to do it! I'm going to give it 100% anyway - being ill has obviously slowed me up for a week which is annoying, but I'm hoping getting back to the gym after a weeks break will shock my body into a big loss!

CARRI - Congrats on the 3lb loss - that is great!

FAYE - Sorry you've been suffering with your health - you are a fighter and will soon get better!

SUSAN - Glad to hear dh is improving. Porridge oats are a superfood and will do him so much good - I've had them for breakfast 3 days in a row!

Love Amanda x

QuilterInVA 10-26-2005 08:05 AM

Good morning, ladies! Congratulations to those of you doing a Christmas Challenge. I have 8.5 pounds to reach my New Year's goal and since I am so close it'll be tough but I'm determined to make it. Had 4 points yesterday. Have a good day - boss calleth!

gma22 10-26-2005 08:30 AM

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's woes so you can complain today. I am going to start a dieters woe each Wednesday and if you have one, jump right in. My first dieter's woe is why can't they make diet soft drinks taste decent???

Susan :bravo:

They rearranged the smileys and I had to look for our pt smileys! :lol: I hope to have a 4 pt day today. I am going to try one of the Ediets recipes today and am serving it to Jack so we shall see! :lol:

Amanda: Glad you are on the mend. A cold is nasty as it takes such a long time to get over the darn thing. You go girl and I predict you will be at 195 by Christmas!

Julie: Ok, time to start taking care of yourself again and that means get rid of the fattening stuff you can't handle (like the dressing! :lol: ) I know I am one to talk, but I am actually doing ok. I have been trying to put in extra effort with housework since walking is a little hard right now with the knee, but I am going to try and get on the treadmill today and see how it goes.

Susan: Glad you husband is having some good days. All you can do it get through the bad ones and immerse yourself in the good ones!

A challenge has been made by Julie, seconded by Amanda so who is on board? Amanda and Julie want to be below 200 by Christmas, Susan wants to be down 8 lbs, I am going to say I want to be at 320 by Christmas, anyone else want to join in the challenge? I am going to ride us about it now so let's really give it a go. I want to see some lbs lost by Friday, Nov 4th! We are going to have a challenge weigh in that day and every two weeks after that, ok? Mark your calendars, so ready....set....GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good day, gals!

Faye :carrot:

Satine 10-26-2005 01:49 PM

Afternoon All ... hope you are all doing well ... and YES I am up for the Christmas Challenge !!!!! :carrot: I need to update my signature because like most of you I have put on a couple of pounds since my last update and need to change it back to 202 ... so I would say be under 200 by Christmas but that would let me off to easy, ha ha ... so I guess my Christmas Challenge weight will be 188 ... that would be 14 pounds in two months, or 7 per month, I would hope I can keep on track and do that but girls I am eating whatever I want on two days, well I guess three - Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day ... I suffer enough with the dieting I wanna be normal and stuff myself like everybody else on those days... :lol:

I guess my Weds diet woe would also be how bad diet drinks taste ... I can actually drink Diet Dr Pepper and Diet A&W Root beer but I am always thinking that I would rather have the real thing...that is why I just stick with water...

Amanda - Hope you are feeling better so you can get back to your routine of weightloss ... 219 is not bad, that is just 20 pounds to get under 200, once you get there though you are always obsessing about going back over and as you can see I have gone over it again, geez someday I will get my butt in gear!!!

Faye - Maybe we should come up with a Carri/Faye diet soda??? ha ha

Julie and Susan - Hi !!!

Talk to you all later, have a good one !!!

gma22 10-26-2005 02:30 PM

Carri: I did find something I like to have if I have a hamburger at home or something like that. It is cherry vanilla dr Pepper. Not so much after taste, which is what I don't like. If you like dr pepper this is pretty good.

I have to quit watching Baby Story on tv. I boo hoo with all those beautiful babies and new parents. They are all so sweet. I can't wait to have more grandchildren. My first love is always Thomas, but I have lots of love to give to more! :lol:

I watch a show occasionally called Airline and today a young woman was denied her flight due to her weight. They wanted her to pay for an extra seat. She wasn't even as big as I am. She was pitching a fit, but nothing compared to what I would have done. They would have gotten their you know what's kicked.

Well, I just popped in to see who posted. Everyone have a great day!

Faye :lol:

Amanda Panda 10-26-2005 03:22 PM

Hello,

Yay! I am glad that everyone is up for a Christmas challenge - I was going to suggest the very same thing! I think it's a good way for us to be really disciplined until Christmas - otherwise we could just drift around all Winter! I am also getting money for Christmas to buy new clothes with, so I want to lose as much as I can and then new clothes will be a great reward. I am not dieting over Christmas - but I will try to be sensible and keep up the exercise. Then it will be full charge ahead for the new year!

I'm doing well with my eating - 3 days on the trot of 3 pointers, but still no gym as I am not up to it. I am not going to go tomorrow - I went out for a walk today and realised that I am still quite poorly, so don't want to overdo things. I'll try on either Friday or Sat. Nigel has just caught my cold now - although being a man, of course his is much worse! ;)

WEDS WOE - Faye I only ever drink diet soda! I hate full sugar soda's as they are too syrupy and coat my teeth. My problem has always been savoury rather than sweet stuff - cheese, bread, pizza's etc! :T

Have a nice evening

Love Amanda x

gma22 10-27-2005 08:21 AM

DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #116