3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Time For Serious Fun #115 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/66831-time-serious-fun-115-a.html)

gma22 10-19-2005 08:15 AM

WEDENSDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes and today let's all share what is hardest for us about dieting, exercise, whatever.

Amanda :dancer:
Julie :bravo: :bravo:
Susan :bravo: :bravo: (missed assessing you pts you yesterday)

Julie: I was up and around at 6 but paid bills first! :lol: Hope the shoulder is feeling A-OK. Boredom eating is the worst, isn't it?

Susan: Worst thing you can do is keep your fat clothes. If you remember, Dr Phil says to get rid of anything that doesn't fit right now. I have stuff in bags to go to Good Will that I could go back out and get, but I am not going to do it. I need to face this thing and get the lbs off.

Amanda: Today will be a good day for you. It is tough when you are PMSing. If you are like me, you are ravenous that time of the month. I have only had 2 periods in 8 months, but I still have hormonal stuff like breast swelling, wanting to eat the house down, etc. All "good" things must end and it will end for me sooner or later! :lol:

Yep, I paid bills this morning, yippee! I just got the bill for the ambulance service when I fell in that restaurant 2 years ago! :lol: Good ole City of Memphis, they are always right on the ball! They charged $492 to take me about 5 miles, my insurance paid $92 and I am stuck with only $20 so that's not too bad!

Gosh it is hot here again. We ran two fans with the windows open all night last night. We have decided to wait until we need the furnace to get them to come in and fix the ac/furnace problem. That way we know they can't refuse as I have had the policy 3 months.

Well gals, I need to get going and get the floors mopped this morning before it gets too hot. Have a great day!

**Oh and I guess what is the hardest for me is not falling off my plan and learning to eat properly forever.**

Faye :)

QuilterInVA 10-19-2005 08:22 AM

Hi, Julie, guess we are the early birds. Hope everything is okay with Faye.

Had a 4 point day yesterday. Three days in a row.

QuilterInVA 10-19-2005 10:46 AM

Secrets of People Who Lose Weight Permanently
Kitty Finklea, R.D

Anne Fletcher, MS, RD and author of Thin for Life studied 160 people who have succeeded at permanent weight loss. She calls them "The Masters" and after listening to their stories has developed the following 10 keys or guidelines to lose and keep weight off:

* Believe that you can become thin for life. The masters show that each of us has the self-control and power to lose weight. If you believe you can do it, you can and will.
* Take the reins. Taking responsibility of losing the weight for themselves was an important key in keeping the weight off.
* Do it your way. Although some people like to follow programs and plans, many masters developed a personalized healthy, safe nutrition and exercise plan that suits their lifestyle. Time and patience are also important parts of this key.
* Accept the food facts. Enjoying all foods in moderation, treating yourself, using calories wisely and listening to your body are all keys the masters live by -- not dieting!
* Nip it in the bud: break the relapse cycle. The masters have a plan for immediately taking off any excess weight gained. Most have a top weight of 5-10 pounds above their goal as a signal for action. Action steps include exercising more, keeping a food diary, cutting back on sweets or fats, weighing and measuring foods, and eating smaller portions.
* Learn the art of positive self-talk. The masters learned to listen to internal self-talk and change negative, destructive talk like "I've blown it," with positive, affirming and nurturing statements.
* Move it to lose it. Regular exercise and activity is key in keeping weight off. The masters found what they liked to do and stick with it by making it fun, changing the routine regularly, and taking breaks when needed.
* Face life head on. Masters have found other ways to cope with life's difficulties without using food, such as talking, evaluating problems and alternatives, and implementing new strategies.
* Get more out of life. Continually doing for others is a wonderful thing, but we also need to do things for ourselves. Define and take care of your needs and reward yourself without using food is a tried and true masters concept.
* Don't go it alone. Masters find support from family, friends or other means to keep them going through good and bad times.

Mastering your weight may take time and patience but learning the tools of the masters can help it work for you too!

Satine 10-19-2005 11:07 AM

Morning All, had a 4 pointer yesterday and went to the gym, I knew I had to get out and do something since I had basically binged on Halloween candy the night before. So I feel good about the 4 pointer. The hardest thing to keep me OP is definitely the weekends, it is like I feel like I have worked hard all week and the weekend is my time for me, and I guess that includes high fat food...
I really have no Weds woe today which is odd for me - usually I can come up with something.

Faye - Do not worry, after today it is supposed to get real chilly again, well at least here but I suppose you would be too.

Julie - Glad to hear that your shoulder is feeling better.

Amanda - Cheese on anything is my downfall, guess that is why I like pizza so much ... LOVE cheese!! Just do some extra at the gym later.

Susan - I have alot of bigger clothes I need to throw out but something always makes me keep them, sad really.

Hope you all have a good day, talk later!

gma22 10-20-2005 06:00 AM

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so be sure and take just a little time out for you today girls!

Carri :bravo:
Susan :bravo:

Good morning girls! I am up early as I am taking Jack to work today to run an errand. I sure hope it starts cooling off. Even for down here, it is usually not this hot this late in the year. We could use some rain too and looks like we might get some. I know most of you are going to be getting some or more.

I will check back in later. I just wanted to get the Thursday posts started.

QuilterInVA 10-20-2005 09:29 AM

Good morning - 4 points for yesterday. It feels good to be back on track. Taking dh to doctors tomorrow so won't be posting again until Monday. Hope no one is in the hurricane's path!

gma22 10-20-2005 11:18 PM

FRIDAY: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Did you have any losses this week?

Susan :bravo:

LBS DOWN:

Faye :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale

I set this up late on Thursday because I am not sure I am going to have time to do it on Friday. I have a lot of errands tomorrow and I wanted to be sure and get in and get a Friday post set up. Hopefully we have some nice losses this week for you gals! I am going shopping on Saturday at the commissary so should be all set to get my ediets program really up and going.

Susan: Hope things come out great for your dh's dr appt. You deserve to have some good news!

Did anyone see CSI Thur night? What a boohooer that one was. I thought the little girl was dead when Nick found her.

We have so much to do this weekend. We get to go shopping for a new disposal tomorrow night! Doesn't that sound like peachy keen fun. :?: The darn things are expensive too as Jack will only buy a stainless steel one so it won't rust! But...then I get to go and pick up Jack's bday present (a portable dvd player) which makes me happy. We finally get to dump my sick sick sick recliner and buy a new one, so that is nice. I have a soccer game Sat morning, commissary shopping, Walmart shopping (things I can't get at commissary) recliner bought and picked up and brought home, the disposal and dvd player and my son's Christmas present bought (we are getting him an external hard drive for his computer) Boring, but it is what he wants. Besides his leather gloves and his scarf that is all he is getting this year. I always feel like a Scrooge when my kids don't get a lot of stuff, but when they want computer or electronic equipment it limits the amount to spend, ya know? So with all that being said, I expect to be running around all weekend.

Our son and dil are supposed to leave Sat (his 32 birthday) for Florida and I sure hope they get to go. I can't remember where they are going, but seems like they are saying Florida is going to get swamped with hurricane weather so it may be a no go. They had this great deal too. A friend and her husband rented a 2 bedroom condo on the beach for the price of a one bedroom (some snafu with their contract so they had to upgrade them from a one bedroom for the same price.) She offered Jay and Alicia the other bedroom for free while they were there. They have been all excited to go. My dil is a pharmacist and works long hours and long weeks without getting time off so she was ready for a little R&R. Hope it all works out for them.

Everyone have a super Friday and a great weekend if I don't talk to you until Monday.

Amanda Panda 10-21-2005 03:18 PM

Hello,

I'm just popping in to let you know I'm sick - real bad head cold and throat infection. Oh dear, there is no way I'll be getting to the gym for a few days, it's bed for me!

Congrats on the 4lbs lost Faye - that is excellent!

Love Amanda x

Satine 10-21-2005 05:07 PM

Afternoon All ... very dreary and rainy and cold here today, but I will take it cause I like it cooler...although I could enjoy it more if I was not going to be out until all hours tonight...my brother is in the 2nd round of the battle of the bands here and he does not go on until 10:15 so I will be out late tonight, probably not to bed until 1 or 2 ... and I am usually early to bed on Fridays...I am so old at 32 huh? ha ha

Oh and I was down 3 pounds this week since I am actually trying :)

Faye - Congrats on the 4 pounds, keep it up !!! And yes I did watch CSI last night, I always watch it since it comes on after Survivor ( but my main love is CSI Miami ) - and I thought for sure the little girl was gone, and it made me so happy that she was alive, but then again so sad that she was so alone...Have a fun weekend well fun shopping!

Amanda - Sorry to hear that you are sick, alot of things are going around here too, alot of nasty colds...take care!!

Julie and Susan - Have great weekends!!

Talk to you all later!!

gma22 10-22-2005 05:14 AM

Morning gals! Well since Amanda is sick, I KNOW I will alone here this weekend! :lol:

Carri :bravo:

LBS DOWN:

Carri :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale

Carri: Yeah for you! Now keep up the good work. Have fun this weekend. I like CSI Miami too, but something else is on at the same time and I usually watch it. I think this week Horatio is accused of murder, huh????

Amanda: Ok, we all have our see through masks on so we can give you :grouphug: You NEED to use my sore throat cure! It sounds nasty, doesn't taste too bad and best of all WORKS!!!! It is 1 TaBLESPOON OF HONEY, 1 TABLESPOON OF VINEGAR IN 8 OZ HOT WATER ( I DON'T KNOW METRICS SO SORRY YOU WILL HAVE TO CHANGE IT FOR YOURSELF) It takes a few cups to make your sore throat go away but I even had strep and it worked one time. feel better soon sweety!

Susan: Safe trip for you and hubby to dr!

Amanda Panda 10-22-2005 05:48 PM

I'm still really ill - but just wanted to say :wave: to Faye!

It sounds funny but I am actually glad that this cold is finally coming out - I've been run down for about a month now, but it never really developed into anything. Now I have a full blown cold and it is moving from my throat to my chest. I think I will need a good few days, if not a week off from the gym - I need to get over this properly and then look forward to getting back to full health.

Thanks for the remedy Faye - unfortunately I have neither vinegar nor honey in the house and I'm not up to going out! I do have a honey based cough syrup though.

I wanted to share my new target with you - I am aiming to get to 199 by Christmas! I really need something to aim for as I have been mucking about for a month now. I have definately not lost anything so far this month - and now being sick will probably make the month a total washout. I am going to try my hardest though to get to 199 by Christmas - that's an 18lb loss. I don't know if I'll do it, but I am going to really try!

Have a good weekend

Love Amanda x

gma22 10-23-2005 07:09 AM

Good Sunday morning gals! I am sick too, but nothing that won't pass later on today. I am allergic to the cat and at night, I must get his dander and hair in my nose etc. I got up this morning sneezing like crazy then coughing, which caused an all out vomiting session in the sink of bile. Now my throat is sore! :lol: :lol: I ate some soda crackers (ff girls :lol: ) to calm my stomach and get the taste out of my mouth so I hope that does the trick.

I have to go to the commissary and my knee is acting up again so that should be fun. I am just a total mess, aren't I????? :D

Amanda: You should get you a small bottle of vinegar and one of honey and just keep it on hand. It is the absolute best thing I have ever found for a sore throat. If you don't have a vaporizer, get the shower going hot and sit in the bathroom in the steam. If you have like the Vicks rub or one of those cold rubs that has mentol in it, melt a little and stick it in the bathroom with you and that will help too! I hope you get to feeling better, honey. Being the sick is the pits!

Please keep my sil's family (Fleming) in your prayers. His grandma died Friday night and his poor mom kept it quiet because her son had classes at the university all day yesterday and Thomas had a soccer game. She told Kelly when Kelly went home to give Thomas a bath after soccer to come and meet us at Chucky Cheese. She was in her 90's but it is still hard to have a loved one pass.

Everyone have a great Sunday and I will talk to you tomorrow! (if anyone can help with my ticker factory, let me know. I can't get it to take my losses and now it seems I have to redo the whole things as they aren't even showing! TX)

Faye

gma22 10-24-2005 06:38 AM

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is to remember to EAT! So many times we get busy and skip meals and that only lowers our metabolism. Try and eat around the same time every day and if you get in a bind, have a protein shake or bar to supplement.

Hope all of you had a nice weekend. We were busy this weekend and I have carpet shampooing to start today. Got to get to the chores gals!

gma22 10-25-2005 06:57 AM

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is strength training. Even 3 lb weights used a couple times a week can not only build strength but muscle. Get some strength training in with weights or bands or something to help you build muscle and ultimately lose weight.

Morning everyone. We went to T's last soccer game last night and froze. It was pitch dark by the time they got finished and as it was already chilly and the wind was blowing it was just darn cold. My dd had put some legging style pj bottoms under t's shorts to keep him warm and one of his hats. He kind of fought her because he said, "Richard with tell me I'm not cool." (Richard is his coach and would have done no such thing) :lol:

Hope everyone is doing well this morning!

Susan: Hope hubby came back from dr with a good report!

Faye ;)

QuilterInVA 10-25-2005 10:00 AM

Hello, ladies. DH is holding his own and even a little better. He actually got up when I did (5:00 am) this morning and came down and asked me to make some oatmeal. Normally he's not a breakfast person but you can bet I went right to the stove and got it cooked. He ate a whole bowl. Made me feel better about him.

Rain and cool for the last 2 days - guess summer is officially gone and fall is here in ernest. Only 2 months from today until Christmas.

Didn't do well - eating in the afternoons - over the weekend but back to a 4 point day yesterday.