3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Time For Serious Fun #115 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/66831-time-serious-fun-115-a.html)

gma22 10-15-2005 06:14 AM

Time For Serious Fun #115

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today

gma22 10-15-2005 06:20 AM

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday so let's all have a great day and smile smile smile!

Amanda :flow2:
Faye :dancer:

I didn't do well eating yesterday but there is always today. My sweet boy called me last night to tell me he got his report card and made the honor roll and got all + on his report card. I almost cried. Ok, I know it is kind of goofy, but those of you who have kids think about the very first report card your kids brought home. It means they are growing up and for me that is a little hard with Thomas.

Everyone have a great day. We have soccer today so keep your fingers crossed. They haven't played nor practiced in a week because of fal break.

Faye :)

Amanda Panda 10-15-2005 06:35 PM

Hello there (Faye!)

Just you and me again this weekend! I actually eneded up going over my calories yesterday, despite trying really hard to stay on track - it was only with a couple of slices of wholegrain toast and low fat spread, so it's not the end of the world. I guess I've got used to overeating somewhat over the last week, and I did find I was hungry yesterday. Today I have been working hard to make healthy choices, although PMS is here a little and I have had to stay disciplined when I was tempted to buy chocolate! I didn't give in to temptation though - I know these first few days of getting back on track are the hardest, then the cravings aren't so strong!

Yes, Faye tomorrow is a new day and thank God for that - it's how I've managed to lose 50lb - by just trying again the next day when I screw up. I have lost that 'if I can't be perfect 100% of the time then what is the point?' attitude, and just keep doing what I can when I can. I could have lost alot more in the 9 months it's taken me to lose these 50lb - but I've found something that's working for me and I know I can stick to. I think that is half the battle won!

I'm glad Thomas brings you such joy - maybe your ds will have kids soon?

Love Amanda x

gma22 10-16-2005 08:39 AM

**FYI: Since for the most part no one comes onto the thread on the weekends, I am suspending weekend topics until posting picks back up. It is difficult to think of polls week to week and to be truthful I see no reason to do it when no one participates anymore. If the trend continues, I may not do topics at all as there doesn't seem to be much interest anymore. I don't want the thread to fall apart as we need a place to come together and help each other out, but we don't seem to be committed to it anymore, none of the things I have tried in the past to try and spur us on seem to have worked, we don't participate in weigh ins and a lot of us aren't even doing the pts. It is truly discouraging to try and keep this thread going with so little interest in it anymore. Please understand, I am not finding fault, just stating facts. If it doesn't get better and soon, I am not going to continue it.

Amanda: Good to see you here. I appreciate you checking in over the weekends, though time wise, I seem to miss you every weekend! :lol: Tomorrow is Monday and Monday's are always a great recommit day, don't you agree? You have come so far and you just need to keep plugging along to get there!

Faye

Amanda Panda 10-16-2005 03:39 PM

Hi Faye!

I am pleased to report a 4 point day yesterday - woo-hoo!

Faye, I have to agree with your points really - I love all the topics you do but can totally understand how disheartening it is when no one is around. Our group has dwindled gradually over the last couple of years - I really don't know why, maybe just becuase there are soooo many other groups on the forum. I know you put alot of hard work into your topics and personally I have always appreciated that personal touch to this group. The fact that nobody is really committed at the moment is no reflection on our group - I guess that it is just the life of a yo yo dieter! However, I do feel that recently we have turned a corner - I've been consistently losing weight for 9 months, Carri is still plugging away at it and has now joined the gym, Susan has lost 200lb and is an inspiration to us all, and Julie seems to back on track after a long absence. In the last month I have been feeling a more positive vibe from people and feel things are picking up. There is no doubt about it - we are small in number and are less than consistent in our efforts, but we are close and really appreciate eachother. I think we should definately keep the weekly weigh in and the points system as they are easy to record and is no extra work for you (other than smilies I guess). The rest is up to you - if you are feeling disheartened and burnt out by it all, then definately take a step back with the topics. I think the most important thing really is that we come together daily and chat about how we are doing and support eachother. :)

Love Amanda x

gma22 10-17-2005 08:41 AM

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is walking! Think about walking when you go to the store, shopping or whatever. Park that car just a little farther and hoof it. It is good for you! Even with an exercise program, walking is a great way to relieve stress. If you are having a bad day at work, get out during lunch for 10 minutes and walk, if the house is closing in on you, go out and see nature through a nice walk. It helps clear your head and of course is great exercise.

Amanda :bravo:

Good morning gals! I am about to strangle some little kid who keeps calling here all hours of the day and night and doesn't seem to get the concept that whomever he is calling is not here and he has the wrong #. He isn't prank calling, he thinks he is calling some friend of his. I finally got a little huffy with him this morning when he called at 6 AM. I am a big fat grouch anyway as my hormones have to be all over the place. I feel exhausted and crabby and about a hundred other things, none of which is fatal but a pain the behind anyway.

I have to just struggle along until this weekend when I can go and get all the groceries for my program. I haven't been able to get on the treadmill or out to walk as my knee has been causing me problems now for several days (dr says nothing much they can do without surgery and I am not having surgery done and then ruin it all with my weight so I have to just do exercises to get it back in shape.

My sweet baby had a bicycle accident (just got his training wheels off) and he has a goose egg right above his right eye and is all scratched up. He is taking it in stride though and went out yesterday and rode his bike again so that is good.

Everybody have a wonderful day

Amanda Panda 10-17-2005 02:15 PM

Hello!

I got 4 points yesterday - that's 2 days in a row for me! PMS has hit hard today and I had to force myself out to the gym and then ended up buying some cheese and having cheese on toast when I got home! :o In a strange way I am pleased with myself because it didn't turn into an all out binge - I was eyeing up crisps and chocolate too, but restrained myself and just bought a small block of cheese.

Sorry T has had a fall - it sounds like he's already bounced back! Kids are so resilient aren't they - they don't have the fear that we adults have!

I walk quite a bit - to and from the gym every day is 20 minutes, so it all adds up!

LOve Amanda x

Mirabelly 10-17-2005 02:30 PM

HI everyone!

I fought yesterday for the first time in about a month and screwed up my shoulder! Seems I've been working the front and back of my arms, but forgot about the sides--so the unbalanced muscles couldn't handle the work :dizzy: Oh well, rest and ice and then work *all* the muscles later in the week :lol:

Faye, I totally think you should drop the topics if it's stressing you....we are all off again/on again right now (especially me!), but it would really suck if the thread disappeared completely! SO, just do what you need to do to be happy and don't go away--you're our rock!

Amanda--don't worry about the "little binge", sounds like you got control of it.

I'm off to get the kiddies now! hopefully on a 4 pt day today (need water)

TTFN,
Julie

gma22 10-17-2005 03:26 PM

Listen, for now I am not dropping anything but weekend topics as most of you don't come in here during the weekend. I am not planning on leaving the thread, I am just having a rough emotional time right now and was a huge grouch yesterday. Everyone has to feel free to come and go at their leisure here as that is the way it was set up. I do think that we are better off checking in everyday and seeing progress and reporting ours. We need support to keep us going.

Amanda :bravo:

Julie: I am SO sorry you messed your shoulder up. I know it has to be really painful. My dh has shoulder problems from a baseball injury years ago that resulted ultimately in surgery so I know the pain involved. Please take care of yourself!

Amanda Cheese is better than junk if you are going to eat something with fat in it. I have a cool recipe for a tomato cheese sandwich with lower fat cheese if you want it. I got it through my ediets program.

Everyone have a great afternoon!

QuilterInVA 10-17-2005 04:47 PM

Faye, I don't have internet at home so can't check in on the weekends. We had to give it up with my DH medical bills taking so much.

I had a 4-point day yesterday and will today as well. You have inspired me to get back on track.

Did anyone see the article in the paper - daily weighing is recommended now - the one's who weigh daily are the one's who maintain - much better than occasional or weekly weighers.

We are very busy at work so I can't post much but will try to get something everyday.

gma22 10-18-2005 07:21 AM

TUESDAY: Today is target Tuesday and our target this week is dairy products. Research is showing that lower fat dairy really helps with a diet. Try and get some dairy into your diet everyday, yogurt, ff milk, lowfat cheese, etc.

SUSAN :bravo:

Susan: You post when you can. You have a job and that always has to come first. I understand perfectly about cutting costs. Carri usually only posts while at work too. I think the reason our thread seems to dwindle and doesn't get a lot of extra people is they see that this thread aims mostly at the weight loss part and they want more socializing. Also, the ladies that are here for the most part have outside jobs and can't be on the internet all day like other threads are. I value the ladies that are here even when they can't post all the time. I just get down when we go for a couple days with no one posting. It isn't anyone's fault just circumstance!

I hope everyone has a good day. It is going to be hot today again. I don't think we are ever going to get into fall. It is supposed to be near 90 today! UGH!

Thomas has himself a small black eye and banged up knees. Poor little guy was goalie last night and the other team kicked a ball and hit him right in his ripped up little knee. Poor baby had to come out of the game for a few minutes. He's a little trooper though. He went back in and played the rest of the game.

I need to get started on chores before it gets too hot. have a great day gals and know that I think about you whether you are here or not!

Marsha, Nikki, Scuzin, we miss not hearing from you!

Faye ;)

QuilterInVA 10-18-2005 08:41 AM

Good morning ladies!

I agree with the dairy. I've been having 3 servings a day and I think it helps. I have milk with breakfast, yogurt for a snack and usually some cheese or pudding. Supposedly it helps get rid of the belly fat which I seem to be cursed with the last few years. I'm cleaning out my winter clothes this weekend...and all that too big stuff is going to chairty and I'm not wearing that oversized stuff anymore. I do it because I think it hides fat when really it just makes me look bigger. I'm a size 14 and wearing 18s ain't cool. I was afraid to get rid of it last winter -- in case I gained weight. Well, they are going now.

Have a good day.

Mirabelly 10-18-2005 11:31 AM

Morning everyone,
3 points for me yesterday....didn't ever get all the water in. But I'm drinking today.

Ever have one of those weeks where it feels like the whole world is out to get you??? I got a ticket this morning on the way to the gym because my inspection was expired (okay...WAY expired!) SIgh. I almost turned around and went home, but I made myself go and workout and had a nice long sauna after ward. Count my blessings, count my blessings.... On the bright side, my shoulder feels much better this morning...so I guess I just overdid the fighting and didn't actually injur it--so that's a blessing to count, right?

I always get down this time of year--the lack of light/depression thing is really serious up here. Every year I swear I'm going to get one of those light boxes. This year, I'm really going to do it. And I'm not going to wait until I"m wicked depressed either--just gonna go get the stupid thing.

Susan, good for you for getting rid of those old clothes! You deserve to feel beautiful all the time!

Faye, I hope T is feeling okay...kids heal fast! And you count your blessings, too! It's just hormone time on this thread this week, huh! :lol: You're wonderful and beautiful right now, you have family who love you, and a h :devil: rny husband--so LIGHTEN UP!! :grouphug:

Okay, I've got a ton of work to do....so, everyone have a great day! Sorry for whining on a Tuesday, just had to get it out of my system.

TTFN,
Julie

Amanda Panda 10-18-2005 01:05 PM

Hello all,

Nice to see it's a bit busier here. I got 2 points yesterday - the cheese on toast took me over my cals (I didn't even get low fat cheese, it was full fat all the way! :o ).

My naughty cat woke me up at 6.20 am today - he scratched and miaowed for ages and I just couldn't get back to sleep, so I had to get up. That was a VERY early start for me - I didn't actually have to be uo for college till 8am. Oh well, I should sleep well tonight!

FAYE - Sorry your hormones are stressing you out - mine are not so good either at the moment!

JULIE - Sorry you hurt your shoulder. I pulled my calf muscle last Weds and had to have a day off from the gym to rest it. The good thing was that after that one days rest it was fine - when I was bigger, it would take a week to recover from muscle strains, so that's another bonus to losing weight!

SUSAN - Good for you for finally throwing out your size 18's - you are right in that they will do nothing to flatter your new figure. I'm wearing a size too big pair of baggy combat pants 24/7 at the moment as I just can't really afford any more new clothes. I've decided the next trousers I buy are going to be well fitted dark denim jeans - they will be alot more flattering than baggy combats!

Hi to Carri!

Love Amanda x

Mirabelly 10-19-2005 07:20 AM

4 points for me yesterday! :)
Still not losing pounds :(

Am eating when bored....bad julie :dizzy:

Can't believe I beat Faye here :p

TTFN,
Julie

gma22 10-19-2005 08:15 AM

WEDENSDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes and today let's all share what is hardest for us about dieting, exercise, whatever.

Amanda :dancer:
Julie :bravo: :bravo:
Susan :bravo: :bravo: (missed assessing you pts you yesterday)

Julie: I was up and around at 6 but paid bills first! :lol: Hope the shoulder is feeling A-OK. Boredom eating is the worst, isn't it?

Susan: Worst thing you can do is keep your fat clothes. If you remember, Dr Phil says to get rid of anything that doesn't fit right now. I have stuff in bags to go to Good Will that I could go back out and get, but I am not going to do it. I need to face this thing and get the lbs off.

Amanda: Today will be a good day for you. It is tough when you are PMSing. If you are like me, you are ravenous that time of the month. I have only had 2 periods in 8 months, but I still have hormonal stuff like breast swelling, wanting to eat the house down, etc. All "good" things must end and it will end for me sooner or later! :lol:

Yep, I paid bills this morning, yippee! I just got the bill for the ambulance service when I fell in that restaurant 2 years ago! :lol: Good ole City of Memphis, they are always right on the ball! They charged $492 to take me about 5 miles, my insurance paid $92 and I am stuck with only $20 so that's not too bad!

Gosh it is hot here again. We ran two fans with the windows open all night last night. We have decided to wait until we need the furnace to get them to come in and fix the ac/furnace problem. That way we know they can't refuse as I have had the policy 3 months.

Well gals, I need to get going and get the floors mopped this morning before it gets too hot. Have a great day!

**Oh and I guess what is the hardest for me is not falling off my plan and learning to eat properly forever.**

QuilterInVA 10-19-2005 08:22 AM

Hi, Julie, guess we are the early birds. Hope everything is okay with Faye.

Had a 4 point day yesterday. Three days in a row.

QuilterInVA 10-19-2005 10:46 AM

Secrets of People Who Lose Weight Permanently
Kitty Finklea, R.D

Anne Fletcher, MS, RD and author of Thin for Life studied 160 people who have succeeded at permanent weight loss. She calls them "The Masters" and after listening to their stories has developed the following 10 keys or guidelines to lose and keep weight off:

* Believe that you can become thin for life. The masters show that each of us has the self-control and power to lose weight. If you believe you can do it, you can and will.
* Take the reins. Taking responsibility of losing the weight for themselves was an important key in keeping the weight off.
* Do it your way. Although some people like to follow programs and plans, many masters developed a personalized healthy, safe nutrition and exercise plan that suits their lifestyle. Time and patience are also important parts of this key.
* Accept the food facts. Enjoying all foods in moderation, treating yourself, using calories wisely and listening to your body are all keys the masters live by -- not dieting!
* Nip it in the bud: break the relapse cycle. The masters have a plan for immediately taking off any excess weight gained. Most have a top weight of 5-10 pounds above their goal as a signal for action. Action steps include exercising more, keeping a food diary, cutting back on sweets or fats, weighing and measuring foods, and eating smaller portions.
* Learn the art of positive self-talk. The masters learned to listen to internal self-talk and change negative, destructive talk like "I've blown it," with positive, affirming and nurturing statements.
* Move it to lose it. Regular exercise and activity is key in keeping weight off. The masters found what they liked to do and stick with it by making it fun, changing the routine regularly, and taking breaks when needed.
* Face life head on. Masters have found other ways to cope with life's difficulties without using food, such as talking, evaluating problems and alternatives, and implementing new strategies.
* Get more out of life. Continually doing for others is a wonderful thing, but we also need to do things for ourselves. Define and take care of your needs and reward yourself without using food is a tried and true masters concept.
* Don't go it alone. Masters find support from family, friends or other means to keep them going through good and bad times.

Mastering your weight may take time and patience but learning the tools of the masters can help it work for you too!

Satine 10-19-2005 11:07 AM

Morning All, had a 4 pointer yesterday and went to the gym, I knew I had to get out and do something since I had basically binged on Halloween candy the night before. So I feel good about the 4 pointer. The hardest thing to keep me OP is definitely the weekends, it is like I feel like I have worked hard all week and the weekend is my time for me, and I guess that includes high fat food...
I really have no Weds woe today which is odd for me - usually I can come up with something.

Faye - Do not worry, after today it is supposed to get real chilly again, well at least here but I suppose you would be too.

Julie - Glad to hear that your shoulder is feeling better.

Amanda - Cheese on anything is my downfall, guess that is why I like pizza so much ... LOVE cheese!! Just do some extra at the gym later.

Susan - I have alot of bigger clothes I need to throw out but something always makes me keep them, sad really.

Hope you all have a good day, talk later!

gma22 10-20-2005 06:00 AM

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so be sure and take just a little time out for you today girls!

Carri :bravo:
Susan :bravo:

Good morning girls! I am up early as I am taking Jack to work today to run an errand. I sure hope it starts cooling off. Even for down here, it is usually not this hot this late in the year. We could use some rain too and looks like we might get some. I know most of you are going to be getting some or more.

I will check back in later. I just wanted to get the Thursday posts started.

QuilterInVA 10-20-2005 09:29 AM

Good morning - 4 points for yesterday. It feels good to be back on track. Taking dh to doctors tomorrow so won't be posting again until Monday. Hope no one is in the hurricane's path!

gma22 10-20-2005 11:18 PM

FRIDAY: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Did you have any losses this week?

LBS DOWN:

Faye :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale

I set this up late on Thursday because I am not sure I am going to have time to do it on Friday. I have a lot of errands tomorrow and I wanted to be sure and get in and get a Friday post set up. Hopefully we have some nice losses this week for you gals! I am going shopping on Saturday at the commissary so should be all set to get my ediets program really up and going.

Susan: Hope things come out great for your dh's dr appt. You deserve to have some good news!

Did anyone see CSI Thur night? What a boohooer that one was. I thought the little girl was dead when Nick found her.

We have so much to do this weekend. We get to go shopping for a new disposal tomorrow night! Doesn't that sound like peachy keen fun. :?: The darn things are expensive too as Jack will only buy a stainless steel one so it won't rust! But...then I get to go and pick up Jack's bday present (a portable dvd player) which makes me happy. We finally get to dump my sick sick sick recliner and buy a new one, so that is nice. I have a soccer game Sat morning, commissary shopping, Walmart shopping (things I can't get at commissary) recliner bought and picked up and brought home, the disposal and dvd player and my son's Christmas present bought (we are getting him an external hard drive for his computer) Boring, but it is what he wants. Besides his leather gloves and his scarf that is all he is getting this year. I always feel like a Scrooge when my kids don't get a lot of stuff, but when they want computer or electronic equipment it limits the amount to spend, ya know? So with all that being said, I expect to be running around all weekend.

Our son and dil are supposed to leave Sat (his 32 birthday) for Florida and I sure hope they get to go. I can't remember where they are going, but seems like they are saying Florida is going to get swamped with hurricane weather so it may be a no go. They had this great deal too. A friend and her husband rented a 2 bedroom condo on the beach for the price of a one bedroom (some snafu with their contract so they had to upgrade them from a one bedroom for the same price.) She offered Jay and Alicia the other bedroom for free while they were there. They have been all excited to go. My dil is a pharmacist and works long hours and long weeks without getting time off so she was ready for a little R&R. Hope it all works out for them.

Everyone have a super Friday and a great weekend if I don't talk to you until Monday.

Amanda Panda 10-21-2005 03:18 PM

Hello,

I'm just popping in to let you know I'm sick - real bad head cold and throat infection. Oh dear, there is no way I'll be getting to the gym for a few days, it's bed for me!

Congrats on the 4lbs lost Faye - that is excellent!

Love Amanda x

Satine 10-21-2005 05:07 PM

Afternoon All ... very dreary and rainy and cold here today, but I will take it cause I like it cooler...although I could enjoy it more if I was not going to be out until all hours tonight...my brother is in the 2nd round of the battle of the bands here and he does not go on until 10:15 so I will be out late tonight, probably not to bed until 1 or 2 ... and I am usually early to bed on Fridays...I am so old at 32 huh? ha ha

Oh and I was down 3 pounds this week since I am actually trying :)

Faye - Congrats on the 4 pounds, keep it up !!! And yes I did watch CSI last night, I always watch it since it comes on after Survivor ( but my main love is CSI Miami ) - and I thought for sure the little girl was gone, and it made me so happy that she was alive, but then again so sad that she was so alone...Have a fun weekend well fun shopping!

Amanda - Sorry to hear that you are sick, alot of things are going around here too, alot of nasty colds...take care!!

Julie and Susan - Have great weekends!!

Talk to you all later!!

gma22 10-22-2005 05:14 AM

Morning gals! Well since Amanda is sick, I KNOW I will alone here this weekend! :lol:

Carri :bravo:

LBS DOWN:

Carri :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale

Carri: Yeah for you! Now keep up the good work. Have fun this weekend. I like CSI Miami too, but something else is on at the same time and I usually watch it. I think this week Horatio is accused of murder, huh????

Amanda: Ok, we all have our see through masks on so we can give you :grouphug: You NEED to use my sore throat cure! It sounds nasty, doesn't taste too bad and best of all WORKS!!!! It is 1 TaBLESPOON OF HONEY, 1 TABLESPOON OF VINEGAR IN 8 OZ HOT WATER ( I DON'T KNOW METRICS SO SORRY YOU WILL HAVE TO CHANGE IT FOR YOURSELF) It takes a few cups to make your sore throat go away but I even had strep and it worked one time. feel better soon sweety!

Susan: Safe trip for you and hubby to dr!

Amanda Panda 10-22-2005 05:48 PM

I'm still really ill - but just wanted to say :wave: to Faye!

It sounds funny but I am actually glad that this cold is finally coming out - I've been run down for about a month now, but it never really developed into anything. Now I have a full blown cold and it is moving from my throat to my chest. I think I will need a good few days, if not a week off from the gym - I need to get over this properly and then look forward to getting back to full health.

Thanks for the remedy Faye - unfortunately I have neither vinegar nor honey in the house and I'm not up to going out! I do have a honey based cough syrup though.

I wanted to share my new target with you - I am aiming to get to 199 by Christmas! I really need something to aim for as I have been mucking about for a month now. I have definately not lost anything so far this month - and now being sick will probably make the month a total washout. I am going to try my hardest though to get to 199 by Christmas - that's an 18lb loss. I don't know if I'll do it, but I am going to really try!

Have a good weekend

Love Amanda x

gma22 10-23-2005 07:09 AM

Good Sunday morning gals! I am sick too, but nothing that won't pass later on today. I am allergic to the cat and at night, I must get his dander and hair in my nose etc. I got up this morning sneezing like crazy then coughing, which caused an all out vomiting session in the sink of bile. Now my throat is sore! :lol: :lol: I ate some soda crackers (ff girls :lol: ) to calm my stomach and get the taste out of my mouth so I hope that does the trick.

I have to go to the commissary and my knee is acting up again so that should be fun. I am just a total mess, aren't I????? :D

Amanda: You should get you a small bottle of vinegar and one of honey and just keep it on hand. It is the absolute best thing I have ever found for a sore throat. If you don't have a vaporizer, get the shower going hot and sit in the bathroom in the steam. If you have like the Vicks rub or one of those cold rubs that has mentol in it, melt a little and stick it in the bathroom with you and that will help too! I hope you get to feeling better, honey. Being the sick is the pits!

Please keep my sil's family (Fleming) in your prayers. His grandma died Friday night and his poor mom kept it quiet because her son had classes at the university all day yesterday and Thomas had a soccer game. She told Kelly when Kelly went home to give Thomas a bath after soccer to come and meet us at Chucky Cheese. She was in her 90's but it is still hard to have a loved one pass.

Everyone have a great Sunday and I will talk to you tomorrow! (if anyone can help with my ticker factory, let me know. I can't get it to take my losses and now it seems I have to redo the whole things as they aren't even showing! TX)

Faye

gma22 10-24-2005 06:38 AM

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is to remember to EAT! So many times we get busy and skip meals and that only lowers our metabolism. Try and eat around the same time every day and if you get in a bind, have a protein shake or bar to supplement.

Hope all of you had a nice weekend. We were busy this weekend and I have carpet shampooing to start today. Got to get to the chores gals!

gma22 10-25-2005 06:57 AM

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is strength training. Even 3 lb weights used a couple times a week can not only build strength but muscle. Get some strength training in with weights or bands or something to help you build muscle and ultimately lose weight.

Morning everyone. We went to T's last soccer game last night and froze. It was pitch dark by the time they got finished and as it was already chilly and the wind was blowing it was just darn cold. My dd had put some legging style pj bottoms under t's shorts to keep him warm and one of his hats. He kind of fought her because he said, "Richard with tell me I'm not cool." (Richard is his coach and would have done no such thing) :lol:

Hope everyone is doing well this morning!

Susan: Hope hubby came back from dr with a good report!

Faye ;)

QuilterInVA 10-25-2005 10:00 AM

Hello, ladies. DH is holding his own and even a little better. He actually got up when I did (5:00 am) this morning and came down and asked me to make some oatmeal. Normally he's not a breakfast person but you can bet I went right to the stove and got it cooked. He ate a whole bowl. Made me feel better about him.

Rain and cool for the last 2 days - guess summer is officially gone and fall is here in ernest. Only 2 months from today until Christmas.

Didn't do well - eating in the afternoons - over the weekend but back to a 4 point day yesterday.

Mirabelly 10-25-2005 10:47 AM

Morning all---

I've been doing really poorly the past week...food and exercise wise. Not sure what's going on, but I had an all out binge last night in the car while I was driving home from dance. :( I think I'm just so fed up with not losing, even though I've been exercising, that I just feel like it's hopeless. Now, in my head I know it's not hopeless--I just think that was what triggered the binge.

Anyway, I dragged myself to the gym today and felt a bit better. I decided to face my secret kitchen addiction, which is likely the very reason I haven't lost a pound in ages. Cardini's ceasar salad dressing--it is soooo yuuummmmyyyy! It's full of fat, and calories -- 160 for 2 Tbsp.--I know I'm putting at least 3 times that much on my salad once or twice a DAY! :fr: I've just been telling myself that it's salad, so it's healthy. But reality has to be faced, and I'm doing it now. No more of that stuff for me, at least for the rest of the year. I swear I'm addicted to the stuff! I put it on Veggies, meat, potatoes, salad--Anything! I'm hoping that just this one little change will put me back on the right track.

I weighed myself this morning and was up to 213! Crap.... I still want to be 199 by the end of the year--SOOOOOO....

Miss Amanda! I hereby challenge you to a duel--you and me babe, let's see who can get to that magic number first. I know we can both be there by New year's. I know you're a couple of pounds higher than me--but you also have more dedication, so we're basically even. Whadya say? :carrot:

Faye, T sounds so cute in those pants--I make my girls wear pants under their cheering skirts. Cuz it's like 35 degrees at night and they're wearing nothing but panty hose! CONGRATS on the pounds down, too!!

Carrie--CONGRATS onthe 3 pounds!!!

Susan, glad to hear hubby's feeling a bit better.

Amanda Panda 10-25-2005 06:30 PM

Hello folks,

I am finally on the mend - I've only had to blow my nose about 10 times today instead of 10,000! :rofl: I am not quite up to going to the gym yet, but am aiming to go for a light workout on Thursday. The good news is I have been eating well and staying OP - this is my third day in a row! I just keep repeating the mantra '199 by Christmas' over and over - it is a tough goal so I have to stay OP from now until then. I said to Nigel, I want to be 199 on Christmas day, then on Boxing day I'll be 210!! ;)

JULIE - Challenge accepted lady! It's not an easy target but it is something to keep us focused and OP until Christmas. I am a bit heavier, I am actually 219 at the moment but haven't the heart to change my tracker - but if I work my butt off then I think I may just be able to do it! I'm going to give it 100% anyway - being ill has obviously slowed me up for a week which is annoying, but I'm hoping getting back to the gym after a weeks break will shock my body into a big loss!

CARRI - Congrats on the 3lb loss - that is great!

FAYE - Sorry you've been suffering with your health - you are a fighter and will soon get better!

SUSAN - Glad to hear dh is improving. Porridge oats are a superfood and will do him so much good - I've had them for breakfast 3 days in a row!

Love Amanda x

QuilterInVA 10-26-2005 08:05 AM

Good morning, ladies! Congratulations to those of you doing a Christmas Challenge. I have 8.5 pounds to reach my New Year's goal and since I am so close it'll be tough but I'm determined to make it. Had 4 points yesterday. Have a good day - boss calleth!

gma22 10-26-2005 08:30 AM

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's woes so you can complain today. I am going to start a dieters woe each Wednesday and if you have one, jump right in. My first dieter's woe is why can't they make diet soft drinks taste decent???

They rearranged the smileys and I had to look for our pt smileys! :lol: I hope to have a 4 pt day today. I am going to try one of the Ediets recipes today and am serving it to Jack so we shall see! :lol:

Amanda: Glad you are on the mend. A cold is nasty as it takes such a long time to get over the darn thing. You go girl and I predict you will be at 195 by Christmas!

Julie: Ok, time to start taking care of yourself again and that means get rid of the fattening stuff you can't handle (like the dressing! :lol: ) I know I am one to talk, but I am actually doing ok. I have been trying to put in extra effort with housework since walking is a little hard right now with the knee, but I am going to try and get on the treadmill today and see how it goes.

Susan: Glad you husband is having some good days. All you can do it get through the bad ones and immerse yourself in the good ones!

A challenge has been made by Julie, seconded by Amanda so who is on board? Amanda and Julie want to be below 200 by Christmas, Susan wants to be down 8 lbs, I am going to say I want to be at 320 by Christmas, anyone else want to join in the challenge? I am going to ride us about it now so let's really give it a go. I want to see some lbs lost by Friday, Nov 4th! We are going to have a challenge weigh in that day and every two weeks after that, ok? Mark your calendars, so ready....set....GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good day, gals!

Faye :carrot:

Satine 10-26-2005 01:49 PM

Afternoon All ... hope you are all doing well ... and YES I am up for the Christmas Challenge !!!!! :carrot: I need to update my signature because like most of you I have put on a couple of pounds since my last update and need to change it back to 202 ... so I would say be under 200 by Christmas but that would let me off to easy, ha ha ... so I guess my Christmas Challenge weight will be 188 ... that would be 14 pounds in two months, or 7 per month, I would hope I can keep on track and do that but girls I am eating whatever I want on two days, well I guess three - Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day ... I suffer enough with the dieting I wanna be normal and stuff myself like everybody else on those days... :lol:

I guess my Weds diet woe would also be how bad diet drinks taste ... I can actually drink Diet Dr Pepper and Diet A&W Root beer but I am always thinking that I would rather have the real thing...that is why I just stick with water...

Amanda - Hope you are feeling better so you can get back to your routine of weightloss ... 219 is not bad, that is just 20 pounds to get under 200, once you get there though you are always obsessing about going back over and as you can see I have gone over it again, geez someday I will get my butt in gear!!!

Faye - Maybe we should come up with a Carri/Faye diet soda??? ha ha

Julie and Susan - Hi !!!

Talk to you all later, have a good one !!!

gma22 10-26-2005 02:30 PM

Carri: I did find something I like to have if I have a hamburger at home or something like that. It is cherry vanilla dr Pepper. Not so much after taste, which is what I don't like. If you like dr pepper this is pretty good.

I have to quit watching Baby Story on tv. I boo hoo with all those beautiful babies and new parents. They are all so sweet. I can't wait to have more grandchildren. My first love is always Thomas, but I have lots of love to give to more! :lol:

I watch a show occasionally called Airline and today a young woman was denied her flight due to her weight. They wanted her to pay for an extra seat. She wasn't even as big as I am. She was pitching a fit, but nothing compared to what I would have done. They would have gotten their you know what's kicked.

Well, I just popped in to see who posted. Everyone have a great day!

Faye :lol:

Amanda Panda 10-26-2005 03:22 PM

Hello,

Yay! I am glad that everyone is up for a Christmas challenge - I was going to suggest the very same thing! I think it's a good way for us to be really disciplined until Christmas - otherwise we could just drift around all Winter! I am also getting money for Christmas to buy new clothes with, so I want to lose as much as I can and then new clothes will be a great reward. I am not dieting over Christmas - but I will try to be sensible and keep up the exercise. Then it will be full charge ahead for the new year!

I'm doing well with my eating - 3 days on the trot of 3 pointers, but still no gym as I am not up to it. I am not going to go tomorrow - I went out for a walk today and realised that I am still quite poorly, so don't want to overdo things. I'll try on either Friday or Sat. Nigel has just caught my cold now - although being a man, of course his is much worse! ;)

WEDS WOE - Faye I only ever drink diet soda! I hate full sugar soda's as they are too syrupy and coat my teeth. My problem has always been savoury rather than sweet stuff - cheese, bread, pizza's etc! :T

Have a nice evening

Love Amanda x

gma22 10-27-2005 08:21 AM

DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #116