3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   WHEN should the Jaded Ladies meet? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/66697-when-should-jaded-ladies-meet.html)

da fat n da furious 10-20-2005 12:58 AM

NEw York New York Is a cool hotel...I played in the arcade game room for hours once...still laugh about that. There was this bike you had to ride,,simulator thingy..anyways watching the screen you had to pedal faster or slower...well I seemed to have hit the hard one so I was pedalling as fast as I could...laughing and screaming the whole time...and well sweating like a pig. I stop get off almost did the Bridget Jones thing..and see that I have a crowd of about 30 people all around me...watching. Monte had taken off way long time ago,,,so embarrassed,,I say he denies saying he had found another game. So after 2 hours there and about 40 bucks,,,I won a sipper cup. Monte spent just as much and won a t-shirt..

Jane 10-20-2005 09:49 AM

Cristi - I booked at the Flaminco only because you and others said it sounded good to you. Wouldn't it be a lot more convenient if we're all at the same hotel? Monday you mentioned that we should book soon before everything fills up for July 4th, so that's why I did.

Katiecat 10-20-2005 10:22 AM

I'm totally fine with the Flamingo...it looks like a very nice hotel! Wildlife habitat and waterfalls, tropical theme, 2nd City Comedy Club, and a monorail to the other hotels on the strip. I think there will be more than enough to keep us busy! And I agree it would be more convenient if we are all in the same place. I'm just stuck waiting to see if I can even get the time off work :hyper: If I can, I'm thinking Wed or Thurs night thru Sunday morning. Looks like Monday July 3rd is completely booked solid on the calendar, so even on the wait list, I'm not likely to get that day -- everybody with seniority wants a 4 day weekend for the 4th of July.

Jane 10-20-2005 10:41 AM

Mary Kate - you realize we're talking about the weekend of June 23-25, don't you? I agree, it seems this hotel has lots to offer.

Mom2Gaby 10-20-2005 11:54 AM

You guys are totally cracking me up with hotels and dates.

If we make it to the same town (Portland, right??? jk) on the same date (Ground Hog day??? kidding) and the same hotel (Enchanted Evening Where Your Dreams Come True *WINK* - jk again) we will be blessed - lol

Just meeting you all will be great so anything beyond that is .........uuuuuuuummmmm whip cream on a chocolate mousse upside down pumkin pie cake...with a HUGE cherry on top......and lots of hot fudge dripping down the side right into my mouth....... :hungry: :hungry:

FrouFrou 10-20-2005 02:59 PM

Angie~I am picturing you on the bike! LOL Bet it was fun!

Jane~I didn't think me looking into another place would be a big deal considering you are just wanting to get together for one day. But I guess I will stick with the Flamingo to not stir things up. I suppose I can just walk over to the New York New York. And I did say we should book soon, but didn't tell anyone to do it. I should have clarified what I meant by soon. My soon means soon...maybe 4 or 5 months before June, possibly in January. I don't know-don't really have a time table as to what I meant by soon but didn't mean like tomorrow or next week, just a ways before June. Guess next time I open my big mouth I should clarify exactly what I mean. I will probably book before December though. Just so you don't think that I am going to back out...I assure you I AM going to Vegas regardless of what happens and who goes or if no one goes, I will be there. Okay, not sure if that came out right or not. I do care if no one goes because that is the whole point of this get-together...for all of us to get-together/meet. It wouldn't be the same if everyone doesn't go. I'm going to quit talking/typing now because I think I keep sticking my foot in my mouth. :foot: :foot: :foot: :foot:

Has anyone else booked a room at the Flamingo yet? Just curious

Susan~you are making me hungry! That would be quite the desert minus the hot fudge-don't like hot fudge! :T

Mom2Gaby 10-20-2005 04:06 PM

lmao..........I love how you are explaining "soon" Cristi - so cute! Doesn't that dessert sound yummy?? I think I gained a pound just writing it - lol

later :)

RosieKate 10-20-2005 04:10 PM

Hi all -
We are going to stay at the Flamingo; David wants to call to book it - wants to hit them up for a donation to Leigh's preschool auction. As of this morning, he hadn't done it, but he will soon, I'm sure.
We are going for a 20 year anniversary, so we will be there regardless of whether anyone else can come or not. It will be so fun to see you all IRL. Can't believe I gotta go to Vegas to see Susan -who probably lives less than a mile from me, lol!

Mom2Gaby 10-20-2005 04:15 PM

Hi Katy -

I am at the village Starbucks most mornings at 6:30 am getting my venti - if you ever wanna meet up. Gaby goes to the events at the center every day but my ex takes her. Just so busy - though I have been lucky enough to meet you and Angie already. :)

FrouFrou 10-20-2005 06:40 PM

And I'm back again!!! LOL Just can't stay away :p

Susan~I used to be so anal about things until DH#1 was killed. I learned there were more important things in life than have a spotless house, a schedule etc. I know for the most part you have to have a schedule but...I just kind of take things as they come and do whatever. If you knew me then you would probably have said "What happened!" Anyway, next time I will clarify when I say soon. LOL And yes that sounds sooooo good! I'm dooling...

Katy~such a nice anniversary get away. Are you guys going to get the honeymoon suite?! :love: :cheers:

Anyway, the reason I am back is to say "I BOOKED!!!" I booked for Wed. June 21-Sunday the 25th for me and Carrie. And I did comment that I wanted to be on the same floor as you Jane. This should be fun, fun, fun! Strictly a girls get away. Now to decide if I want to drive or fly. :chin: Although, it would have been nice for V to come. Maybe for our 10th anniversary. Don't really want to do an anniversary there though because that's where I got married the first time-at The Hitching Post Chapel-ick! At 3 a.m.! It was GREAT though and sort of our place. Anyway, blah, blah, blah....need to go and get dinner started in a few.

Mom2Gaby 10-20-2005 07:35 PM

I probably won't book til the first when I get paid. I still hope to bring at least the older girls or maybe even meet Rocky there. We can get married at the Elvis chapel.......omg - a JL wedding!!!!

we can have carrot sticks at the reception - lol..

Actually I did have carrot cake today. YUM......and I don't regret it - so dang good.

anyway- totally off topic - so sorry........lol

tata

Jane 10-21-2005 08:51 AM

Cristi - yikes! You sure read a lot into my post, lol, and yes, yours may not have come out right, but I didn't take offense. I'm just glad you're booked and that you'll for sure be going. The hotel looks like it has so much to offer.

Hope everyone else gets to go, too.

Katiecat 10-21-2005 10:16 AM

Hiya!

Jane, thanks for clarifying the dates -- if it's the weekend BEFORE the 4th of July weekend, I stand a little bit better chance of getting the time off, just because it's likely that fewer people will have already chosen it since it's not near a major holiday. Still won't know until I get to make my second round choice.

They way vacation works in a call center just...sucks. We have a guy called an "Operations Coordinator" who is basically an anal-retentive dude with a stopwatch. He pores over all these charts and graphs and tries to predict expected call volumes and make sure there are enough butts in the seats to answer them. He also monitors (with a magnifying glass) our start and stop times, our break times to the second (if we sign on the phones 1 second late we are late), how long each call takes, how long we talk to each customer, how long we spend in work finishing up between calls, if we take any unscheduled bathroom breaks...so, when I say in the morning, "OK, gotta go chain myself to the oar," I'm not kidding.

Soooo...vacation for the whole year is pretty much decided in NOVEMBER OF THE PREVIOUS YEAR. And the first round, everybody with the highest seniority is able to put in a request for time, so pretty much Thanksgiving, Christmas, Fourth of July, Memorial Day, and Labor Day are shot. The rest of us get the actual holidays just like everyone else, but any surrounding time (to try to make a block of time to take a trip, or even just a long weekend, etc.) is already taken by the time the rest of us get to even make our first requests. Think "blackout dates" for an airline or hotel. I am just about smack dab in the middle of the seniority list, so it was my turn to request time -- and since we've been promising to take Noah to Disneyland, my first choice had to be Spring Break. So now I have to wait for that time to be approved or denied, or to be put on the "wait list", and then the next seniority round gets their choice, then it goes back to the folks who have the most seniority and it all starts over again for the second choices. But they should be happy anyway because they all have vacations around the major holidays, the best shifts, the earliest shifts so they never have to worry about parking, the best seats, yadda yadda, I'll stop griping now :D

Anyway, that's why it's so hard for me to plan in advance...but if Tim and I can get the time, we'll be there! And we do plan to stay at the Flamingo ...probably Wed - Sat, checking out Sun...

Jane 10-21-2005 12:15 PM

Mary Kate - if you can't get any vacation time, maybe you could just come for the weekend. Although I'll be there on Friday too, that's basically what I'm doing. Just a thought. :)

Marti - would that would work for you too? Since you work nights, you could come in on Sat. AM and not leave until Mon. AM and still not miss any work.

FrouFrou 10-21-2005 12:40 PM

Jane~not sure how you think I read too much into your post. Just didn't want to stir things up by going to another place and just tried to explain what I meant by soon. Wasn't trying to offend you. Not sure either what you meant about my post not coming out right, but it doesn't matter. Anyway...

Jeez, Katiecat...I would hate to work under that guy. But I do hope you make it to Vegas.