3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   WHEN should the Jaded Ladies meet? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/66697-when-should-jaded-ladies-meet.html)

Mom2Gaby 10-17-2005 01:12 PM

:fr: :fr: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :fr: :fr:

No Circus Circus????? omg, omg, omg, omg. This will put me in a depression.........gotta eat SOMETHING!!!! :corn: :corn: :hun: :hun: :corn: :hun: :chockiss:

Flamingo is ok , I guess......it is a bird, right?? We can eat that , right?? lol

k- back to work........just doing some stress relief......

FrouFrou 10-17-2005 01:26 PM

Susan~sorry the Circus Circus is booked! :( That would have been a GREAT place for the kids.

Marti~I think 4th of July weekend would be crazy! :crazy: Vegas is crazy enough but so much busier during hoildays. Gottcha about James getting off. Hopefully James can get off...would love to meet both of you but as Jane mentioned...if he can't maybe you can come alone just for the weekend. :^:

And the Flamingo sounds good to me. Just really need to know soon I think so we can book something. I was wondering if maybe the reason a lot of the places are filling up fast because people are heading there to be there for 4th of July, I don't know. :dunno: :shrug:

Anyway...I'll keep checking back to see what everyone has to say.

Jane 10-17-2005 01:40 PM

The majority of us have said the last weekend would be ok. Katy said so on another thread. Angie said so on the phone. It's good for Cristi and Susan and myself. Hopefully, since everyone knows so far in advance, it's good for Marti and the others.

Let's book some rooms, ladies!! If you do this on-line, where they have the "comment box", you might want to say that you'd like to be on the same floor as me, so we're all close together. That's what I did when the mods went to Philly and was right down the hall from our fearless leader Jennifer.

WOO HOO!!!

Jane 10-17-2005 02:15 PM

I'm booked!

Hey ladies, I couldn't get a mini-suite online, so I called the hotel and got one. The room prices were the same by calling the hotel as they were at Expedia, btw. I asked about the JLs getting a group rate, but they aren't available for numbers less than 11 rooms. Which leaves us out. The room cost is refundable in case something happens, up to 2 days before check-in, which is good.

Here's a link for anyone who needs it:
http://www.caesars.com/Flamingo/LasVegas/Hotel/

Edited to add: Neal decided he wants to go with me, so I upgraded to a Royal Suite. It has a living room, dining room, powder room, and then a bedroom with a private bath. The other suite had no door on the bedroom, which would've been bad if Neal wanted to go to sleep before we gals do. Just so you'll know, he won't be with us all the time - we'll still have plenty of "Jaded" time, lol.

Mom2Gaby 10-17-2005 05:05 PM

When you say last weekend of June you mean June 25th and June 26th? Just want to clarify before I reserve a room. Thanks - love the link :) you are like our mother - lol :)

Jane 10-17-2005 05:15 PM

Susan - Neal and I'll be getting there June 23, which is a Friday, and staying Friday and Sat, and leaving on Sunday. I like the link, too! Will you be sharing a room with Angie?

RosieKate 10-17-2005 05:22 PM

DH and I are looking at coming out the 23rd-25th - that's Fri- Sun..most likely the Flamingo, but haven't booked that yet.

Mom2Gaby 10-17-2005 05:37 PM

ohhhhhh, I guess I should look at a June 2006 calie - that might help. I swear, I am so blonde today!!!!! no offense.....to blondes. lol

Share a room with Angie - geez Ma....do I have too?? She snores, I remember from the last time she was here. lol jk......

btw- Angie - where did you sleep?? I think I gave you my bed and I slept on the girls bunk bed. Don't remember - and we spent 1 night at my fathers???
I wish I could remember these things - must be hungry.

Anyway, I thought Angie was bring Monte? I will bring at least the older girls and maybe Gaby- so no......lol to your answer.

da fat n da furious 10-17-2005 08:46 PM

Susan,,,Ill dump Monte and you dump the girls and lets party! We could share a room...
Chances of Monte getting time off is slim...so come on,,,let the girls go to Doug's.
If I can get Becky to join us we could be the wild and crazy jaded ladies.

Vegas never closes down...we could go all night!

Katiecat 10-17-2005 11:23 PM

We've gotta wait...Tim and I work in two different call centers, and trying to get the same time off takes some maneuvering. And I already put in my first vacation request (for Spring Break, since we promised to take Noah to Disneyland in April), so now I have to wait until they will let me put in my second round request. And July 3rd is already full on the calendar (that's Tim's birthday) with just the people who have more seniority than me :( So the best I can do is the waiting list for that Monday. Hopefully, the week before at the end of June will still be open when my second round choice comes up. And Tim can't even request the time until DECEMBER!!! Ugh, I hate call centers.

So, we'll just have to wait and see...and I'll let you know as soon as I can. Hopefully, the Flamingo will have rooms available for that weekend.

da fat n da furious 10-17-2005 11:35 PM

Katie, oh Sweety do I ever know how you feel,,,infact both Becky and I know how you feel. We work in the call centre enviroment also..CC I lost one week of my holidays cause of short staffing. And with both of us coming (fingers crossed) we will be trying to squeeze something out. Possibly getting Friday off and then flying home Sunday for Monday,,,Mondays are our insane day.
Becky will be joining us eventually,,,just went saw her at work. She works part time at Penninington's still. Hopefully she will be quitting soon cause a full time position at work came up. I did a lil (who am I kidding) shopping spree. Bought 3 sweaters,,,oops 4 sweaters. 2 pairs of pants, 2 tanks, and a skirt. Then walked over to another store and bought another funky wine colored sweater.
Went over to Walmart too to buy ribbon,,Momma Chris knitted me another scarf. Baby pink so I plan to sew tiny white bows along the bottom,,,
Anyways at Walmart I saw so many cute things...I should work part time there just to get some extra cash and the discount. But Ive become stingy with my time. I like not having much to do at night...well except for Tue/Wed/and Thurs..lol
well Im gonna go finish knitting a scarf too...

Jane 10-18-2005 11:49 AM

Katy - I sure hope you and DH will be staying at the Flamingo, too. Just for the record, we won't really be all THAT wild at the pajama party, in case you're worried that we'll get you into trouble, ok?

Susan - Angie's idea sounds great! If you left the girls at home, you could room with her (and hopefully Becky) which would be a whole lot cheaper for the room, food, etc. Just my 2¢, sweetie.

Katie - the rooms really do book fast, from what I understand. The first night's fee is due upon booking, but totally refundable anytime before 48 hours of arrival. You could always book it now then cancel later if you have to. I'm really hoping you can go, though.

Angie - your excitement is contagious! And the thing is, time goes so fast, the trip will be here before we know it.

Cristi and Marti and the others - are you guys on board?

I'm not booking our airline seats quite yet. Going to keep an eye on the rates for a while and see what the trend is. Neal wants us to leave from Evansville instead of Indy, and thinks there's a non-stop available. That would save us time and $$ too.

Mom2Gaby 10-18-2005 03:50 PM

I know but I went to Hawaii without them and they would be hurt if I took off again to have fun. I will see or I have to promise them something instead - like Disneyland......... :dunno: :dunno:

Jane 10-19-2005 08:43 AM

Susan - how about if you spend a day at an amusement park with them before the Vegas trip? Or something fun like that? Also, you can explain to them that as an adult, you've worked hard to earn this vacation. Paid your dues, so to speak. I know it's hard to leave them, but they have their whole lives to have fun, and I bet they won't include you everytime, right? Tell them that when they get to be your age, they can go and leave their kids at home, lol. I'm just trying to come up with a way for you to go that's affordable. What would the cost of airfare be for all 4 of you? And the room would be $160 per night for a standard room, or you could pay 1/3 of that if you bunk with Angie and Becky. I'm just afraid you won't be able to come if you have to pay for 4 of everything, and I really, really want to meet you!

FrouFrou 10-19-2005 01:23 PM

I'm on board Jane, sort of...I will book in a couple of weeks or a month or so. I have been looking at a couple of places though. The New York New York caught my eye and the price isn't much more than the Flamingo so I may go that route, not sure yet. :shrug: :dunno: I'll be staying there a little longer, probably Wednesday thru Sunday so...I'm going to do some more looking at the Vegas.com site later, and talking to V some more. I'll let ya know when I've booked something.