Old 10-12-2005, 03:21 PM   #16  
Wishon a star

Hi, Bonnie. Thanks for the welcome!

Looking forward to setting goals for myself and watching them be acheived. And belonging to a closeknit supportive group with lots of "atta girl's" to keep me accountable and motivated!
1of3Wishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:44 PM   #17  

Hi ladies, just a quiet hello from a temporary lurker... I'll get back to posting and challenging and all next week when my nose is no longer out of joint (joke intended - tomorrow the bandages come off and I get to BLOW MY NOSE at last). The little splint fell off last night, and I've whacked the poor tender proboscis I don't know how many times since. Could it be the surgeon actually made it longer? Is that why I keep bumping it? No extension was required, it's not one of those cute button jobs that can't get attention... Maybe the guy is a sadist? But I digress.

Bonnie, any news of your brother?

Mscat, my new Gazelle finally arrived today, and I think it will be part of my next week's challenge. Once I put it together, of course.

Keep on challenging!
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:53 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

3rd day down. Yay me! I had protein yogurt and an apple.

Good job everyone! This group really works!
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 04:47 AM   #19  

Default Catching Up!

Hi Ladies! I have been catching up on all the posts and all of you are doing an awesome job of keeping up with your challenges. It makes me feel so inspired and determined not to let you down.

Tuesday I didn't get my workout in - but I did workout Monday and Wednesday

1of3wishes to our group. We are committed to supporting you to be in action! What a great goal - let us know how many days you are committing to this week and we will cheer you on.

Bonnie for 2 days of goals! And as far as falling off the wagon - You know we ALL do that. Just get back on and don't beat yourself up! Congrats on your weight loss Prayers and hugs for you - I am sure your brother will appreciate those photos.

carla - I am so jealous over your gazelle. I want one but my DH will beat me if I buy another piece of exercise equipment to collect dust. I believe I would really use that one. Looking forward to hearing how your doing with your new toy next week. Glad you are feeling better. Thank you so much for your message - I tried to pm you back but your mailbox was full.

stacy for 3 days of goal making. You are an awesome addition to our group! You put me to shame. You are leading the pack in getting the next 7 day award.

Fishwoman - Don't worry about the one day - just shoot for whatever you can for the rest of the week. I missed a day of exercise but I am going to strive for at least 5 this week - any days you make your goal this week is better than not striving to acheive any. Think of goal achievement as a muscle - exercise and stretch it whenever you can and it will become stronger and easier to maintain!

Thinking about Bonnie's dilemma which I am sure we all face - consider the following:

Whenever we are challenged by a special meal occasion we llisten to that little voice in our heads that says "Oh well, I blew it for the day." When that happens we have 2 choices. The first is to accept that it happened, leave it where it belongs (in the past) and move on. The second is to remember that we have the opportunity to recreate our future "right now". So what you ate at lunch is what you ate at lunch. That has nothing to do with the "right now" moment When you have to eat again. Because every moment in life you have the opporturnity to do make a different choice "right now." Not preaching - because I do it too. Just consider a new way of saying "thanks for sharing" to that little voice in your head and not allowing that voice to dictate your decisions for the rest of the day. You are in control of what you do "right now" - not the voice in your head, or the meal that is past!

Have a great Thursday everyone!

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:50 AM   #20  

Hi! Everybody, My goal this week is of water intake and eating sensibly and writing everything down. Then in the night I put them in calorie counter at mypyramid.gov website and I am not getting some awsome results my calories r always exceeding the required limits still 2 days to go......got to loose now..........
sandybhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:14 AM   #21  

Hi all! I don't know about you but my color choice of purple is not working today on the website. Neither are my Smiles! Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that I stayed OP yesterday, until I fell alseep! I didn't get to eat my 3rd snack, so I'll eat it this morning for my 1st snack!

I manage to get back down to 169.5! Yeah! And I walked ~2589 steps, just here around the house!

My DH has already gotten me offP today - he went to McDonald's for breakfast - got me an egg McMuffin......... Oh well, it's dreary and drizzly again, today so I might not even go out to get my daily recipes food. We'll see.

Casper
Casper5AXTSU76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:25 PM   #22  
Wishon a star

Good Morning Ladies!

Reporting in with my first days walk in the bag!!! A good brisk 20 minute walk; feels good!

I'll continue this through tomorrow and maybe, maybe add an afternoon session of Walk Away The Pounds for next week's goal.

I think I'll keep mine at 5 day workouts for now.

Good Luck to everyone on reaching your goals!
Old 10-13-2005, 06:49 PM   #23  

Default Thursday Greetings

Evenin' Ladies - I got my workout in this a.m. although I wanted to stay in bed so for me!

I will give kudos later when I have more time!

mscat
Old 10-13-2005, 08:28 PM   #24  

Mscat, have some kudos on us. You got out of bed! You are our hero!

(Okay, I'll crawl back into my box now and shut up. I really wasn't being sarcastic. It's my birthday so I can be silly if I want. )
Old 10-13-2005, 09:27 PM   #25  

Hi carla!! Happy birthday!! Mind if I ask, whyare you crawling back into your box and shutting up?

Casper
Casper5AXTSU76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:18 PM   #26  

Don't worry Caspar, just my warped sense of humour at work. Fifty lashes with a wet noodle - to quote Ann Landers. Sometimes I just babble senselessly. Babble, babble.

Mscat, does your husband not realize that the Gazelle makes an EXCELLENT clothes rack? I mean, what is he thinking? (Of course mine won't be a fully functional rack until I take it back apart and put it together right, but then there you go.) I'm not sure yet where it will live. I've been on a "get rid of furniture" kick for a while, which does free up space but leads to a proliferation of piles and boxes of all the things that have lost their home. But I just had a huge "window" cut in the wall between my office/guest bedroom and my living room, so maybe it can go in my office so I can watch tv thru the hole? It's sad - I've gotten very good at the destructive phase of renos, but am a total failure at the rebuild. Also too broke to just get it all done. Even the new hole is just roughed in - it needs some electrical work and of course the electrician isn't calling back. As I often shriek at work, "Kill me now!"

Fifty minutes left in this birthday day. Time for a little more wine. (Says the resident lush.)
Boy, will I pay for this party tomorrow!
Old 10-14-2005, 10:42 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone. Sorry I didn't get to check in yesterday. I did good though, I had a turkey sandwich. Happy day late birthday Carla!
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 01:16 PM   #28  
Wishon a star

Happy belated birthday, Carla! Hope you enjoyed your day.

I was successful again today with my 20 minute brisk walk! Yay, me!!
Old 10-14-2005, 06:39 PM   #29  

Little late joining in on this.. but my goal for the rest of this weeks challenge is..

- 20-30 minute walk everyday
- At least 3 bottles of water daily
SweetKisses03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 07:02 PM   #30  

Default Tgif!

Hi Ladies - I apologize for not getting back to you last night - but you know how it is. No excuses though - I am back on track today with sharing with my favorite bunch of flowers.

Happy Birthday Carla! you have a much better excuse than I for crawling back in bed. Hope your day was wonderful. You are too funny I will try your logic on DH and see if he bites.

1of3wishes for 2 days of walking! Your goal is great - go for the 5 - we will be counting with you.

Stacy - happy to hear you are experiencing success. Keep up the good work.

sandy - hang in there - and go for whatever you can for the rest of the week. Remember goal achievement is like a muscle - it must be stretched, strengthened - so just keep working until it is

Bonnie - what a great experience! Don't worry about the indulging - we will consider the "exercise" as your "bonus" goal.

Casper - hope we get to hear you are OP again before the end of the week.

Have a great evening everyone.

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!