Old 09-21-2005, 10:19 PM   #16  

I finally decided on a challenge for this week: I'm going to resolutely refuse to take on any challenges. In other words, I'm still on holiday until next week. I've gone up a bit - no longer in Onederland - but haven't changed my tracker and won't until next week. But I'll keep my eye on all of you.

Mscat, sorry to hear about the gain. It will evaporate fairly quickly once you get back on track. These little setbacks are sent to remind us it's not just about drinking enuf water... And anyway, life is for living, and we can't spend all our time being on program if we want to have some fun.

Debi, do treat your ankle. The recipe is RICE: rest, ice, compression, elevation. And then you'll be all better again. But time to recover is necessary.

I may not post, but I will be lurking, and I'll be back loaded for bear next week.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 01:46 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Thanks for the welcome. I've been a bit off track with food and exercise so that will be my challenge for the next 7 day's.

My strategy is to count calories. I do limit the starch intake. Goals this week is get back to the basics.

Good luck to everyone. I'll try to talk more later.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 11:03 PM   #18  

Default Thursday Night Sign Off

Hi Ladies - this has been a challenging day. I got up this a.m. and completed my workout this a.m.

But then I got the news from my daughter that she and my entire family were unable to evacuate Houston this a.m. as they planned and are trapped in the city. It is too late for them to leave and be safe on the road so they are boarded in and stocked up. Please keep them in your prayers.

ceejay - it's great to see you jumping right in. How about stretching yourself to take on a 10 day challenge? Our week ends on Sunday and if you do 10 days it will take you through a whole cycle! Let us know if you have any specifics with your goals - a maximum number of calories, daily or weekly exercise goal etc. We find it helpful if we provide the group with information to keep us accountable!

Debi - for your 6 flights! That is more than I did! We are so sorry about your ankle - drop the walking challenge and concentrate on water or something else you can do.

carla - good to see you! Come back soon and take on something - even if it is an easy one. That way you can build your challenge confidence up again.

Bonnie - good for you! And don't worry - have faith that whatever the tests show - you can overcome it. We are with you

Make certain you tell all your loved ones you love them. Have a great evening everyone!

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 11:17 PM   #19  

Mscat, I'm thinking good thoughts about your daughter and the family in Houston. I'm sending them tons of : and will continue to do so.

Bonnie, good luck with the medical test. I'm sure you'll ace it now you're in onederland. I really enjoyed my brief stay there, but it only lasted a week or two.

I'm working on choosing a challenge, and have decided to cut alcohol and chocolate again. Let's just say I enjoyed my time off program a little too much. Gobble, gobble. I was hoping to be at 10% off by Canadian Thanksgiving, but that would mean losing 8 pounds in three weeks, so... Oh well, I can always aim for American Thanksgiving instead!
Old 09-23-2005, 02:06 AM   #20  
Haley

mscat, my mom is in Houston boarded up into our home there. I'm keeping your family in my thoughts.

I didn't work out today either like I had planned to. But, I'm not upset about it because I'm still dropping weight, at the moment I'm at 201-202 and that's after a whole day of water. So, when I weigh in tomorrow, I'll see if I reached my goal. Anyways, hope you all are doing well!
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 10:43 AM   #21  

hi everyone

Didn't realize that some of you also have family in Houston. My nephew made it out of the Houston aera on Wednesday. Let's hope that hurricane Rita is not as bad as Katrina.

I'm at work now so I don't have much time to spend on the computer. This is over time for me. Yipee, I need some extra money. The first overtime I've had all year. My co-worker is a workaholic.

My plan of action is off to a good start. I've already completed a 20 minute walk. It's just me in this building so I pretty much do as I want as long as I get my work done.

More later.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:12 PM   #22  

Default Friday night Sign Off

Hi Ladies! Thanks for all your kind words and prayers for my family. My famly is confident they will be able to hold up in a fortified building if the storm turns for the worse. Right now we are all have a slightly relieved the storm has been downgraded to a category 3.

haleys - my prayers are with you and your family too!
ceejay for your workout! Glad your nephew made it out of Houston.

Bonniebelle for yesterdays goals and for pounds down! Thanks for your prayers.

carla - thanks for the : Great goals for the week. I know you can do it!

Everyone have a great evening!

mscat
Old 09-25-2005, 07:41 AM   #23  

Default Sunday a.m.

Mornin' Ladies! Where is everyone? I was feeling a little guilty for not checking in yesterday, but I see we all must have been extremely busy!

Good News! My family is safe as Houston did not get the storm that was predicted. I spoke with my daughter early Saturday a.m. and she reported my dad was taking the boards off the windows and doors. After that I went to a training session at work which lasted all day. When I got home I got in the bed and did not move until it was time to make up my DD's best friend and drop her off at homecoming.

Back to business! I forgot to report that I completed my workout on Friday morning - it was tough. Didn't do it yesterday - so I will have to start my 21 day challenge over today. I am back down to 233 but I am not changing my slider until Monday - my weigh in day.

Once I complete my workout today, I will have 5 days completed this week. That means I will be repeating the exercise daily challenge for next week as well - and this time I will complete 7 days! Who is with me???

ceejay - I hope your nephew finds his return to Houston quick and uneventful.

haleys - I'm thankful our prayers were answered for your Mom too!

Have a great Sunday!
Old 09-25-2005, 12:44 PM   #24  

mscat glad things are normal in Houston. I haven't talked to my nephew but I'm sure he'll be glad to return. He's doing 1200 college hours in a local school district to complete his masters in physcology. You are doing a 21 day challenge, that's awesome. I can barely stick to the 7 day challenge.

Haley have you heard from your family in Houston?

Bonnie--I sympathize with your brother who has cancer. A young man at church has cancer and when he takes those radiation treatments he has no appetite. I admire their strength to endure that.

I've already had a horrible morning with my nerves. The remnants of hurricane Rita left its wrath upon our city. It's mainly been flash flooding but I've had to dispatch the electric stand by crew and the street department. I work for our city in the water department but we also dispatch on week ends and after 5 p.m. This is the only part of my job that I hate. Thank goodness the water plant did not lose power. I pray that our city never has to endure what New Orleans has gone through.

I am going to start my 7 day challenge on Monday. I really need to clean up the food. I've already lost 11 pounds and I do not want to put it back on this body. It also keeps the doctor off my case. The saying that goes "you are what you eat" shows in those lab reports from the blood work done at the doctor's office. Those lab tests were good this time, however, I still need to bring down the LDL on my cholesterol and lower my blood sugar levels. He would like to see my cholesterol level down to 100 because of the heart disease that is in my family history. My problem is that I love carbs and sugar. I haven't really been on a binge but lately all I want to eat is sugary things. Healthy eating is what I really need to establish as a life time thing.

Hope every one's day is going great. Mine is getting better hour by hour.

Last edited by ceejay52; 09-25-2005 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:13 PM   #25  

Hey ceejay - go to the library and pick up a book called "Energy Up!" by High Voltage (yes that it her name!). Great book on why and how to manage your carbs and sugar. Last year, I read that book and gave up all white processed foods for two weeks and lost 15 pounds.

Bonnie - our prayers are with you and your brother. I am praying for peace and comfort for him during this time.

mscat-
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
Old 09-26-2005, 11:04 AM   #26  

Hi all. It's time for me to try another week-at-a-time challenge. I think it will be to eat breakfast every day, and a "proper" meal at either lunch or dinner. (I'll know if it's proper or not.) I'm still doing my 21-day challenge too, no alcohol or candy. The two together should get things moving. Speaking of which, starting tomorrow I'll be working for 6 days, which means I'll get more walking in just going to and fro.

Mscat, I didn't realize you were still doing a 21-day challenge. I've missed your posts on that thread!
Old 09-26-2005, 11:16 AM   #27  

Default New Thread for the Week!

Dont Post Here - Go To Week At A Time Challenge #14!
mscat-