3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Another spin around the world #8 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/65307-another-spin-around-world-8-a.html)

MELODY525 10-15-2005 12:17 PM

MISS TEEL!!! WHAT A PLEASANT SURPRISE TO FIND YOU HERE THIS MORNING...NOT YET NOON HERE! ROFLMAO GLAD HOLLY HASN'T FORGOTTEN TO BE THE INFAMOUS CAT KILLER!! SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS YOUR WAY. DON'T GIVE INTO THE BAD ONES!!! AS WE NEED TO SEE MORE OF YOU FROM TIME TO TIME. BAD ENOUGH WE HAVE LOST OUR LINUS TO THE NEW CJ!! :bb:!!! ROFL PRAYERS FOR YOU MY FRIEND TILL YOU CAN FEEL MORE LIKE YOUR OLD SELF! TAKE CARE. :love:

SHAD~ I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR PAINS TOO NOW! HOPE IT SORTS ITSELF OUR...SOON YOU WILL BE LEAVING US FOR THE LAND OV GEISHAS AND LOVELY LANDSCAPES. I ENVY YOU A BIT. IN MY NEXT LIFETIME WE WILL TRAVEL TOGETHER TO SEE MISS CHRIS! LOL TAKE CARE AND DON'T OVER DO IT NOW OR THE TRIP WILL BE SPOILED!!!:rollpin:

CEEJAY~ YOU ACTUALLY PAID SOMEONE?! WELL GOOD FOR YOU!!! DON'T WANT ANY OF YOUR TRIPS SPOILED EITHER. YOU BEST TAKE CARE TOO SO THE HOLIDAYS GO AS SMOOTHLY AS POSSIBLE! SENDING GOOD FOOT HEQLING THOUGHTS YOUR WAY! LOL I WILL PICK YOU UP ON THE WAY TO PW'S!!! PACK YOUR BAG!!! :scooter: BUT I'M DRIVING!! :drive:

HAPPY~ YOU TOO?!! I WAS HOPING THIS WOULD ALL GO FASTER FOR YOU. BUT ALSAS THE PLANS OF MICE AND WO-MAN!
I HAVE HAD READJUSTMENTS IN THE PAST. CAN'T HAVE THEM ANY MORE BUT.....DID THEY TELL YOU THAT YOU SHOULDN'T TAKE LONG HOT SHOWERS OR BATHS? ILDER TEMPS ARE BETTER EVEN THOUGH THE HEAT FEELS GOOD, THE HEAT INFLAMES THE TISSUE. SO DON'T STAY IN THERE TOO LONG AND THEY ALWAYS RECOMMENDED SOME ICE IF NEEDED THAT IS IN A ZIPLOC AND WELL WRAPPED IN A TOWEL SO IT'S NOT TOO COLD. I ONCE HAD A WONDERFUL CHIRO THAT WAS PSYCHIC AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED! LOL HE ALWAYS KNEW HOW I FELT.....A VERY SENSITIVE AND INSIGHTFUL MAN. I MISS HIM. SENDING GOOD LEG VIBES YOUR WAY!!

PW~ I READ SOMETHING TODAY THAT MADE ME FEEL WONDERFUL..."I LIKE TO THINK OF EACH NEW DAY AS A GIFT, WITH MANY NEW THINGS TO DISCOVER AND SHARE THROUGH MY ARTWORK. THERE IS SO MUCH NATURAL BEAUTY AROUND US, IF WE JUST OPEN OUR EYES TO SEE IT UNFLD EACH DAY. USING MY BRUSHES AND PAINTSD, I LIKE TO SHOW HOW THE SMALL SIMPLE THINGS BRING RICHNESS TO LIFE."
IT WAS WRITTEN BY MARJOLEIN BASTIN ON THE BACK OF A VBEAUTIFUL CARD I REC'D TODAY. MY FIRST THOUGHT WAS OF YOU. THAT IS WHY I FIRST POSTED IN YOUR JOURNAL....YOUR PAINTING.

I WILL SHARE SOMETHING WITH YOU ALL....EACH ONE OF YOU I HAD READ SOMETHING FROM YOUR JOURNALS OR ON THE FORUM. I FELT I WANTED TO GET TO KNOW YOU BETTER. THERE WAS JUST SOMETHING ABOUT EACH OF YOU THAT MADE ME FEEL GOOD ABOUT MYSELF. I AM GLAD TO BE HERE WITH YOU ALL.
I WAS SHOCKED TO SEE THE SUN THIS MORNING! I ALMOST FORGOT WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE! LOL MAYBE THE LEAVES WILL DRY AND I TOO WILL HEAR THEM CRUNCH UNDERNEATH MY TIRES!! BETTER GO AND GET THE DAY GOING. WOKE UP AFTER 9!! LOL DRUGS.....AREN'T THEY GRAND AT TIMES!! HOPEFULLY I WILL BE DRUG FREE THIS WEEK! :encore: TAKE CARE AND HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

happy2bme 10-15-2005 01:40 PM

:sunny: Right now the sun is shining, the mockingbirds are singing like crazy, the butterflies are dancing in the sun and flitting among the flowers. And there is just enough of a breeze to occasionally waft through the windows and gently blow the hair on your head.

It's beautiful and I'm sending some of it in each direction over your way.

Thanks for the tip on the showers Mel - nope, no one told me that tho I know it's ice first to reduce inflamation and then heat to relax the muscles. But I do admit to putting the hand held shower massager against my knee leg and foot - feels so good. I'll know better now. Back to the brrrrr freezing ice pack.

Teel :welcome3: back. We're always glad to hear from you and Holly who chases cats much bigger than she. :rofl:

Shots in the foot Ceejay? Yikers. I had plantar facitiss (sp???) and luckily avoided those shots. Heard they were mega painful! :yikes: What's with the tummy upset? Sure hope you don't have an ulcer.

Ooops. Sounds like DH is ready to go. We're off to the nursery to pick out some fall / winter flowers. Happy happy joy joy - I now live in a place where we can have flowers year round. What a thrill! And we're going to pick out paint for the dining room. So if he's ready I'd better be also...

Catch you later -- your buddy Miss Limpy Stiff Leg (but I'm NOT letting it get me off track or ruin this perfect day)

Hollyhock 10-15-2005 04:09 PM

Mel~ thanks for the Ralph fix. Nice. " I WILL SHARE SOMETHING WITH YOU ALL....EACH ONE OF YOU I HAD READ SOMETHING FROM YOUR JOURNALS OR ON THE FORUM. I FELT I WANTED TO GET TO KNOW YOU BETTER. THERE WAS JUST SOMETHING ABOUT EACH OF YOU THAT MADE ME FEEL GOOD ABOUT MYSELF. I AM GLAD TO BE HERE WITH YOU ALL. " Oh, me too. I had a BIG empty spot in my life and my heart. Knowing all of you is great is dozens of ways. I thank my lucky stars every day and cant wait to get here and read how everyone is doing. You are all a true blessing.

Shad, Teel, Happy, CJ, PW... we are all feeling a litle rough. Lets hope for a happier , healthier week.

I had a wonderful morning at the farmers market.I made 1 sale connected with several potential clients. Had good convo.Woohoo.

I went to Grandma's to do her hair and visit.She had bought the kids magazines through the school for Xmas gifts and decided to pay me cash instead of cheque because my aunt has been going through her cheque book and records questioning her about her finances. My Grandma is a fininacial whiz and has all her marbles and can certainly buy her great gand kids gifts. the issue for the aunt would be that it was my idea. Stupid woman.
CJ~ my Grandma definitely appreciates what I do. We have been best friends all of my life. I dont doubt that. That is probably what makes putting up with the aunt tolerable.

Gonna whip a quick supper and go to hockey.
Have a great night.

PainterWoman 10-16-2005 01:09 AM

Greetings... So we are having doldrums over the weekend? Perhaps it is too much rain, too many relatives... just "too much."
DH and I went driving round the boonies to the East of here (in spite of gas prices)... found relatively teensy towns... they looked sizeable and as though they might have "quaintness" potential on the map... but most of them were just tiny: A couple of antique malls, a gas station, feed store, and if not a Sonic or McD's some off brand MinitMart... WITH beer. but it was sunny and pretty.
No rain in sight here.... we are having a DROUGHT. I'll send some dry caleche dirt if somebody will send rain clouds.

Tomorrow is catch up day: laundry some reading and "to do list" in small increments. I bought several kinds of bulbs on Friday and goodness knows when I'll get them planted...

Happy day of rest, y'all.

MELODY525 10-16-2005 09:27 AM

Ceejay~ hope the stomach feels better now. The food looked ok on your list. maybe just an off day. you can put your foot up and watch the grass grow for awhile now and rest. Now just where were those uniforms?!?!?!?!?

Happy! we had sun and WIND. I went for a ride but was quickly discouraged. Had some nuts for the squirrels, put them in my usual spot and flew home. Brrrrr. I will soon be making snowmen! :rofl: :rofl: I better spend 1/2 my Winter with you and the other 1/2 with Shad. maybe Ceejay too and PW.....have to see where their temps go to!!!

Holly~ Poor Grannie. I have some seniors here that go to the Mall and then have to explain what the bought. These are usually the relatives that will inherit when they go!! :lol3: so they worry where their $$$ is going to. just stick it out with her like you already do.

PW~ the small town ride sounded nice...... did they have any cowboys?!?!? Any bookstores??? Your post reminde me of a Brady Family episode where they wandered into a deserted town and were all taken prisoner by an old coot!!! :rofl:

I too need to start trying to catch up here today. with housework and some cooking. last week I did nothing! I found out that the town will find someone else to help the woman that has cancer in another office uptown. just can't keep up that kind of pace and told them so. She could be out a long time or lots of short times.
Who knows. Sometimes volunteering has to be cut off.....tooooo much work and responsibility for nothing. And way too many steady hours for me. so I should be free as a bird again.(tweet, tweet) I must admit that last night I wrote in my journal and realized I had forgotten all about the challenge!! :rofl: After 12 days, I am back to day one today!!! :lol3: Must have been all the meds! Off to a great start today though! :moped:

Hollyhock 10-16-2005 09:49 AM

Busy but wonderful day yesterday. My food has been better than abysmal but not much. I am not feeling well with a mild cold and terrible headache. I find it hard not to eat comfort food, which ends up being bread and such.
Much housework to do. Enjoyable on a rainy day. I went through some clothes and am givng some to the thrift shop; that I didn't wear last winter. I ordered 2 pairs of jeans from sears in size 20. 1 size down from the last 5 years ,LOL!
I need to get my food lists out and focus better on choices.

PW~ to get weeds out of my lavendar and coralbells etc I dig around the whole clump and loosen it up and then pull each weed out. It is a good time to toss in some compost and then stamp it back down.
Pigweed had been in the news here lately too. Very toxic to us humans. I suspect that is what gave me hives earlier this summer. Not sure of it's origin.

Good morning and happy day ladies!!!!!

ceejay52 10-16-2005 03:12 PM

Good afternoon,

I have started some fall cleaning which really takes up too much of my time, but it has to be done.

I've decided that I will be using the dishwasher. It may take a couple of days to fill it. I honestly spend to much time in the kitchen.

I had a jolt out of bed last night. I thought the wind was blowing the mini blinds. Had the windows barely open. Then it sounded like someone breaking into the bedroom window at 2:30 a.m. I got up turned on the light and yelled who is there, I have a weapon. A male voice said excuse me I have the wrong house. Then I hear him go next door and knock on that window and call Bertha. My neighbor's name is Bertha. From now on the cell phone is going to be on the night stand. I'm going to program the police station's number in it. I couldn't go back to sleep until around 6 this morning so I've had a late start this morning. Got up at eleven. I'm still pretty shaken by that episode.

Mel you are more than welcome to come here. We sometimes have temperatures below zero. I'm thinking I might have had a virus.

I have approximately a half a day to get some more things done before I go back to work. I hate unsightly computer cords. Gotta figure out a way to keep them detangled and out of sight. I moved my comuter from the closet back to it's original spot in the bed room. I couldn't find the right kind of lighting to go in there.

I've broken the 21 day challenge once again. I'll be doing a one day challenge for 7 day's, then try for 3, 7 day. I will be pledging 45 minutes of aerobic exercise and 15 minute "toning exercise" for 6 days, and resting one day. This will consist of food=1500 calories, liquid=48 ounces, and exercise.

have a good day.

Shad 10-16-2005 06:13 PM

Morning all,

Me too Ceejay - broken the 21 day challenge. I'm going to just do a seven day one as I don't have enough days before I go away to do the biggie.
What an awful fright you must have had when that man was banging on the windows in the night. Computer cords are always a nightmare. I thought I was going to have fun with a wireless keyboard and mouse - get rid of a few of the cables, but they seem to be right back there and the keyboard and mouse are only good if the receiver is within spittin' distance. So mainly I still use a normal keyboard and mouse.

Holly - at least you are one size down and not up. That's a plus. Keep pluggin along. It's difficult after 40 but it is damn near impossible after 50. So get it off now. Glad to hear that the farmers market went okay. Dear old Grandma - why doesn't she just tell them to rack off.

Mel - sort of catching up here, what woman, what cancer, what office, what am I missing?? Are you about to join the ranks of the employed??

Painter - Why are you driving in the boonies? Are you thinking of moving to a smaller town? Or are you looking for something special and the boonies might just have it? Isn't it funny, you see someplace on the map but when you get there, the whole place consists of a pub, a church, 2 houses and an old railway station. Oh yes and a museum with 15 items in it, mostly bottles.
Thinking of rain for you.

Happy - How nice to see the butterflies dancing around the plants. I have a bunch of pentas out right now. Butterflies seem to enjoy them as well. So do some funny looking beetles that were out there feeding in force on Saturday along with bees and butterflies. Thought of you on Sunday when I was shopping and there were several tee shirts with bright beautiful butterflies painted and sequinned. Was tempted to buy one, but after all that clothes shopping the other day, I had better be good for a while.

Teel - nice to see you back. Do as Mel says now and check in more often. Otherwise I'll have to come on over there with a big stick and make you sit there.

I feel better now, although I still have a blocked up nose. At least the back pain and neck pain have gone. I went to gym on Saturday and did the Body Balance class and I'm sure that made me feel better. Went again yesterday and did a full cardio and half a weights session. Then went shopping. I needed some new gym shoes and a new clothes drying rack (not much use hanging the washing out in the rain. Wasn't that impressed with the price of either the shoes or the rack I might add. What I didn't really need was 3 new tops.

We have just had the most wonderful weekend of steady rain and coolish temps. I have no doubt that when the sun does shine again everything will spring up 3 feet (including the weeds). The weatherman tells us there is more on the way at the end of the week. News tells us that the dams have now got 2 more weeks of water in them, and when the run off gets to the dams we might have as much as 2 months more. Apart from the weather and Princess Mary's new baby there hasn't been much else in news. Still I guess both of them were good news stories which doesn't happen very often does it?

Better go strike a blow. 10 days to go.

Meadow 10-16-2005 10:15 PM

Hello world! :D

I had a great visit with my sisters. Ate buttertarts, drank wine, had pork roast and mashed potatoes. The kids sat at the table colouring with their aunties till 11pm. We had a good natter about everything. Laughed about the teacher's strike. The telephone strike, we just got our phone put in after three months :yikes: no more hot ear from the cell phone :p

I'm sorry to read about the colds, headaches and pains that are winging around you all. Fall does seem to bring more than its share of things to the body, although it isn't really Autumn for Shad, hmm, must be sunspots ;)

PainterWoman 10-17-2005 01:59 AM

CeeJay-- Well, at least you have an idea of what Bertha's up to! And I'm glad the guy answered you so you could have at least a little peace of mind. He's lucky he didn't get wounded, one way or another.

Hollyhock... loosening soil in Texas is a neverending story, isn't it. If there's too much moisture you realize that it is just like clay... (think solid yet sticky... maybe like taffy) and if it is dry... well then it is like baked clay. HARD. Definitely can used MORE compost and bark chips.

Shad-- Small towns here seem to have two houses, 3 churches, NO pubs, and either an auto parts store, pawn shop or nail salon. The pubs must be "un-marked" because of all the Baptists! DH tells me that their used to be double-wides on one of the farm to market roads that were actually brothels... Then a developer came in and built an enormous mall... So people get scr*w*d a different way. I haven't ever seen a museum with bottles... but we passed one yesterday that said it was the North Texas Children's Museum. Surely it didn't display children.... :lol:

A week's challenge might be a good idea. I seem to be starting over every day. I stayed up toooo late last night, went to a peer-supervision group this morning, came home and did the dishes (DH was REALLY in domestic mode... vacuumed, did laundry etc.! What a sweet heart)... and then had lunch (I'm not telling... :( and then promptly fell asleep for what turned out to be an almost 5 hour "nap"... then watched hockey. So now I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed and ought to be going to bed.....

Hope you all get a good start to your week.

happy2bme 10-17-2005 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PainterWoman
I haven't ever seen a museum with bottles... but we passed one yesterday that said it was the North Texas Children's Museum. Surely it didn't display children.... :lol:

Hey, if you didn't go inside, will you ever really KNOW? :mag:

I think in Illinois our small towns were still pretty big and populated. But down here is another story. We haven't had the opportunity to jump in the car and go exploring yet but someday I'd like to take a trip east and go see those Smokey mountains I've heard so much about.

Ceejay what a frightening experience for you. Still gives me the jitters thinking about it. I've been very uncomfortable leaving the windows open at night on the first floor. They just recently arrested the man they believe to be the Hacks Cross Creeper - a man who would break into people's houses at night through open windows and steal cash. The locals in the subdivision poo poo the idea of trouble around here but I'm no longer comfortable ANYWHERE. No even in the 150 mile wilderness of Nae's place. Hope you recover from that scare. What is Bertha's friend doing trying to enter through the window anyway? Does he think he's Romeo? Good way to get shot brother.

Yesterday I spent the day rummaging through the upstairs closets. I am a terrible morning person and a big part of my problem in trying to figure out something to wear. As one of the journalers said - "just because you can get in it, doesn't mean it FITS." I waste countless minutes tossing this, trying on that, feeling ok in something UNTIL I look in the mirror. So I have arranged the clothes - put off in another closet those things which require a few pounds down, that which fits now and away with the summer things. Of course now that I put away the summer stuff I see it's supposed to be close to 90 degrees tomorrow and Wednesday - can't win, can you?

I guess we are restarting a challenge albeit a shorter one. Fine by me. I am adding a few more things to mine. In addition to water and daily exercise I am going to add mindful eating. Think before putting it in the mouth - is this the best I can do and am I doing myself right. I've been in that frame of mind for a few days now and it's helping - I don't go into the deprived diet mindset.

Had one of my favorite dinners last night - baked chicken, a nice green salad, a bit of summer squash and a small baked potato. Enough left over for 2 more lunches. I didn't go grocery shopping yesterday - sometimes I'm just at a loss for ideas to cook which makes groceries all the more annoying. I'll probably stop for a few essentials after work and try and use up things around the house.

Good going on the "downsizing" Holly. Hope you get enough rain Shad to store up a bit for later times. 9 days and counting is it? :dance: Meadow, good to hear you had a great visit - food sounds lovely. Buttertarts reminds me of that Wings song - Admiral Halsey / Hands across the water. "... the butter wouldn't melt so he put it in a pie..." not quite the same thing but I'll be humming that all day now. Mel, I think Ceejay and I are close enough and PW is about at the same latitude so that we all share similar mild winters. Feel free to come visit and bring your friends Linus and Teel too. Just hurry before the fall rains set in. I see that DH's home state of Rhode Island is getting it's share of flooding rains too.

Time to get on with the day now. Let's all report in a successful challenge day today.

happy2bme 10-17-2005 08:00 AM

Oh and yay! My hometown baseball team - the Chicago White Sox - won their division yesterday and are going to be in the World Series playoffs. Last time they won a pennant was 1959. Haha I told hubby - my Sox made it to the playoffs before his Cubbies did. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Roseblush 10-17-2005 09:03 AM

Morning All

What a beautiful Fall weekend... the colors and smells and the air...... I had a great drive up and back. I feel like I got soooo much done this last week.... my newsletter off my mind... I made it to the dentist had dinner with mom and andy and gail. In the morning went shopping got home and had lunch with my sis... made two gallons of fresh salsa...my first batch..so hot so yummy.... met two friends for drinks and a little gambling...ended up at the gals house that night and she is miss craft amazing so I am charged about my new craft project. had breakfast with two other friends the next day went to the craft store drove out to lynny's and watched all the deer and wildlife at her place good dinner and natter.... in the morning dug up some plants for my place .... got on the road stopped for groceries in missoula and on home..... it was a good weekend. Toby and Teeka had a great time and toby continues to steal everyone's heart he is soooo cute.
I will catch up with everyone;s chatter and we are still doing the same challenge but can add a weekly one? I'm in!
How is our baby CJ doing and his momma?
Take Care all you Worldly Chicks and I hope to see you all here soon!
Peace,
Nae

Hollyhock 10-17-2005 09:07 AM

GOOD MORNING!!!

Felling better today so far. I didn't get the headache yesterday til the evening.
Just 4 kids today. I thoroughly cleaned the livingroom and reorganized 2 shelf units. I found a new home for the record player.Yup, for vinyl records, very 70's, just like hubby. He has a great collection actually.
Food was much better, still not great.
I have taken heed Shad abut the age/difficulty losing weight thing. I really do want to lose this 30 lbs.
Happy~humming Wings is a great way to start the day. I was clearing closets too. If I didn't wear it last winter, poof its gone. Hubby still has ( and fits into) all his clothes from highschool( the 70's).Hope you day is delightful.
CJ~ HUGS, hope you are over your fright.
Meadow~ bet you wish it was AB trying to climb into your window. Glad you had a good time with your sisters.

Okay, so today is day 1 of 7 for me. Loosely follow SB and get some/any extra ecercise!!!

MELODY525 10-17-2005 09:35 AM

Is this where I am supposed to say GO SOX!!!!?????:encore:
I feel the same as you Happy.....they still have not caught the 2 rapists over here! :yikes: Won't it be nice to have those flowers all year long! I forget if you have said what the ;lowest temp might be in Winter?!

Ceejay I can imagine how you felt! I would have been awake too! That was an awful fright you had. I remember when we had 3 robberies here in broad daylight....they changed all our locks to "burglar proof"(sup[posedly) and we were all nervous for a long time and we never even SAW him! Hope he remembers which house it is...the phone idea is a good thing. Thanks for reminding me cause I have been remiss about that. I like your idea of a shorter challenge too!

Shad~ a woman in Jen's old office has cancer. I was asked quietly if I could fill in. But the rigid hours and transport are too much...bathroom etc aren't good for me so because my back got so bad they will have to go down another avenue!!! Not sure what I was thinking but this all started a few weeks ago and I posted it. ( I'm pretty sure I did)
I must have had my invisibility cloak on again! :rofl: :lol3:
Anyway it's all over now! :rofl:

Meadow~ I will survive Fall if it kills me:rofl: Glad to hear the trip went well. sounded marvelous. guess the kids had a great time too. Loved coloring with Jen. Something so relaxing and calming about the smell of the paper and crayolas! lol:write:
I thought you said you ate butterflies and was agog over here for a few seconds! :rofl:

Holly~ I need to clean-up around here too. Getting sloppy about putting things in their proper places!!! You're giving me some motivation along with Ceejay. I'm ready to start tossing! comfort foods are a tough thing for anyone. Hang in there. good for you and a size smaller....more than I can say!!! :rofl

PW~ I fell off the challenge too. Think I will follow Ceejays idea.
Now we will all want to know exactly WHAT is in that children's Museum!!! :rofl: I was laughing the other day...the small town with 168 and a small town here has more than 168,000:faint: makes me want to leave these city parts. :drive:

As I said yesterday, I had forgotten the challenge somehow and restarted yesterday....only to forget again! I did everything but the breathing exercises. But I'll do a week at a time. So today will be Day One. We are drying out rather rapidly here with these winds but I didn't stay out very long yesterday either. It feels like it's in the 50's when riding so I passed and came back. Maybe it's time for indoor sports!!! good thing I came back because a woman fell and needed help. Why no one called the police is beyond me!!! Turned out she was ok so alls well that ends well. I better go and clean. Been spending too much time reading, tv and making like a statue!!!!
Have a great week!:wave: to the rest of the Around clan.