Old 09-26-2005, 08:11 PM   #46  
GmaTo8

Happy Belated Birthday, Katiecat!!!

:: gift:

Katiecat - I am SO SORRY I spaced your birthday! For some reason, I thought it was the 27th, and when I doublechecked, I see it was Saturday. So very sorry, hon!! Hope it was a good one.

Cristi - Yay for the 1.5 pounds down! Portion size is what it's all about, imho. Btw, I think it would great if Carrie came if we do actually meet up.

Marti - he is the one you mentioned recently about being worried over. Aww... so sorry about it. Will you have to miss much work for the funeral, etc.?

Jiff - hey, pop back in and join up with the Jaded Ladies!! We'd love to have you be a part of the group on a regular basis. Yes, we sure did have a blast in Philly. I'm already planning for the trip to Canada next year. Can't wait!!

Susan - I thought Ellen was the clip art queen, lol. Has Becky decided to join you yet? She may have feelings that if she comes too, her dad would be lonely. Kids get funny ideas sometimes.

Sue - we find out more about our house tomorrow. We've picked out a floor plan, and now are going to talk $$$. <gulp>

I had a very boring day, so not much to tell. I've been fine-tuning the floor plans and as I mentioned to Sue, we're meeting with the builders tomorrow.

I've been having trouble sleeping, and I know it's just worry over the house. Well, more correctly, where we're going to be in the meantime, once this house is torn down.

Chat at ya' later!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:09 PM   #47  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hello everyone...

Hey Jiff,,,welcome to our crew....

Jane you didn't say you were coming to Canada,,,which part? I would think straight up so that would have you far east of me.

Sue,,Im almost feeling the need to do a weekend in Vegas. But I guess living there and visiting is totally different. Glad to know all if feeling better...BIL and DGS
About the WW Im doing the points and feel so much in control. I love the part of just journalling,,,writing everything I eat down and knowing where I went wrong when my points to match up. I am having some problems with that with all the parties Ive been to lately. Its Tanner's birthday today,,,there was thought and did well till the dessert..*sigh
Cristi,,,thats fantastic that you walk each day...feel so much better knowing that eh?
Susan,,I swear the woman I shared the recept job with is the clip art queen,,,I admit it drives me nuts cause it really slows our computer down and with a few dozen faxes and double the emails coming in each day I can't be bogged down. I usually call IT to come and delete half of them...
well need to get ready for bed,,,night all
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:50 PM   #48  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Well, I did walk 2.5 miles today and it felt good. Had to come home and iron though, blah! I swear I wish DH would wear something other than 100% cotton.
Yes, we will go to Vegas to our home there....and plan to stay till Spring. If the house gets started we might have to come back early or go later, so that will be the next change.
Nothing else from here today. BUT I do feel better when I just come in here and read all your news. Even if I have no news to add.

Happy Tuesday all.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 10:46 AM   #49  
kitty Momo

I am my former bosses clip art Queen - I don't think anyone can compare to Ellen - lol. She is amazing - hang my head in shame. I am in reality a clip art Fairy.

Rebecca has basically moved in - Jane. Not her clothes yet but her body and make up have. She sleeps with me and Gaby in the king size bed. My father has a twin that I need to get this weekend and set it up for her. I TOTALLY need my space in bed - though she does keep to her side of the bed. Gaby rolls back and forth. Last night she (Gaby) brought her hobby horse (horse on a stick , I call it) to bed with us.She was feeding it diet 7 up earlier in the evening so the head was all wet.

I think Rebecca threw it off the bed sometime because I had to go find it when Gaby started crying for her horse in the middle of the night.

Hi Sue Hi Cristi - congrats!!! Hi Angie

HUGS to Marti

better get - munching on carrots today - already done with most of the bag I brought and it isn't even 8 am yet - lol....
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 11:32 AM   #50  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Good morning ladies~

Sue~glad you are feeling better and got a walk in. On the mornings I don't feel like walking I roll my lazy self out anyway and go for that walk and feel better after. Today was one morning I didn't want to go for the walk!

Jane~hope all goes as planned on the new house plans and the price is right!

Susan~oh, I remember the days when all three kids would sleep with me. I slowly through them out! Seriously, I made them take turns because I couldn't sleep with the three of them in bed. And that slowly weaned them, except for Carrie. She didn't want to go to her own bed. We had fun though, and stayed up late sometimes talking.

Angie~I do feel good walking every morning. Some days I just dread it but force myself to do it and feel better after. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO TANNER!!! How old is the birthday boy? Don't they grow up so fast?!

Marti~hope you are doing fine. Thinking about ya

Katiecat~I am so sorry I forgot your BD! I think I forgot because you were gone. Well, I remembered to send a card but forgot to post it here. Anyway, a HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO YOU too!! Hope your day was fun-I know your week before was! Waiting to hear all about it!

Anywho...did my walk this morning. Really didn't feel like doing it-(TOM) is fast approaching-ick! But I got up and did it anyway. I always feel better afterward. Today is a lazy day. Was supposed to get my hair cut later but rescheduled for Thursday-same style just shorter. It grew out so fast it won't curl/fix like it did when I first got it cut. It's just straight and layered. So today I will be straightening the house.

Take care ladies and have a great day! See ya
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 12:34 PM   #51  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good morning. I am up-and-at-em this morning. Already vacuumed, dusted and cleaned the ceiling fans. Made and ate breakfast with DH and then straightened the kitchen. And I already did a 15 minute work out which I plan to do again this afternoon.

Cristi- (or anyone interested) I know you do the WATP's and I have been doing the one mile walk. I had been wanting to do it while watching tv, but couldn't since it is a tape. Well, I found an old article about walking. In it she tells of a 15 minute exercise. I wrote it on a card in black marker (so I could see it from across the room) and put it on top the tv. I did it while taking a break and watching a bit of Ellen yesterday and today. It is easy and I even did it while doing arm movements with soup cans as weights. You do 2 minutes walking, 3 side stepping, 1 marching, 3 knee lifts, 1 march/walk, 3 kick, 2 walk/march. The idea is to start off slow and as you gain strength you just do it faster and go lower for the side steps. More exagerated. And like I said I added weight and I guess you could add more weights as you get stronger. Now I can do it even when DH is watching a show or while listening to music. I am excited about it and know I can do it twice a day. That plus my evening walk will get me back on track. Now I have to make another card to take to Vegas with me. Fifteen minutes goes fast too.

NOW..I know, I know, gotta get back on the good eating train. I have to go get some fruit today as we are out. Looks like chicken fajitas and fruit salad for dinner tonight.
I took the tracker off my siggy since I was up and down. I decided not to show the up..so no fair to show the down.

DD#2 in CA and her fiance were in Reno for the week-end and I was surprised they didn't get married. They did decide on a Jan. wedding in Lake Tahoe. Have to get his house ready for more of a family.
DD#1 living here, to go to GA this week to get the training for the new contracts her business just won. That gal has always been a go-getter and does whatever she sets her mind to. She bought out her boss for a small amount and stands to turn it into a very lucrative business for herself and 5 or 6 employees. Reminds me, I need to call her and see if she needs my help in driving the teens around while she is gone. I am sure they will have cheerleading, or track, or church group, football games, etc. and need a taxi.
DS called and he is really swamped with taking on the full load of the business while DSS is on vacation. That plus he just started his third year of school. He says he can handle it for another week with no problem. Then DSS will have to do the same when DS comes to get his fiance in Oct. Nice that they can both get time off without having to lose pay anyway.
DH is happy as a lark in the garage working on a project. Waiting to hear from the builder today.
So..that's my happy little family this week.
Okay, breaks over, I need to get my rear in gear and start sorting clothes for Vegas.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 02:22 PM   #52  

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone!

Sorry that I've been MIA. Just so busy and SO tired. Haven't slept much since hearing about my brother.

I'm waiting for a call from HR at work to hear if I can have the rest of the week off so I can be w/my family. I hate waiting.

Also waiting for a plumber. SHEESH!!!! This house needs re-plumbed! I lost pressure in the water and then I heard some kind of leaking sound under the house. SO tired of this happening. Seems like I'm calling for a plumber every six months.

Just wanted to pop in real quick to say hello and to thank you all for your thoughts & prayers. You girls are just wonderful!!

I'll be back soon!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 04:08 PM   #53  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Thumbs up

Hold on there ladies!! Do NOT POST HERE!! Head on over to Weight Loss/Chit Chat #145. See ya there
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote