Old 09-08-2005, 08:02 AM   #31  

THURSDAY: today is Time for Us Thursday so take a little time out just for you today.

Morning gals. I am trying to get my chores done before it gets too hot. Jack called a service tech who is going to cut us a deal on any work he does as his dd plays on T's soccer team, but he is a one man company and is backed up so.....

Other than that, it is going to be a beautiful day so go out there and live it to the fullest!

We have soccer practice again tonight so that always jumbles things up a bit. I think his first game is at 8:30 on Sat and tomorrow I get to bring my doggie home, which will hopefully shut the cat up!

I guess I better get hopping because it doesn't take long for the day to heat up and it is nice and cool right now.

Have a good day girls

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 09:33 AM   #32  

Hello, ladies...haven't been around for awhile. My husband has been in the hospital but home again. We just do it hour by hour anymore.

For some reason, even though I am subscribed to the thread, I haven't been getting the notices.

Got to rush to work...more later.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 01:09 PM   #33  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday - boy has my butt been aching from my new programme! He's got me doing all sorts of lunges and squats and whilst I am happy that eventually it will result in a rear end to be proud of, I'm really feeling the pain right now!

FAYE - Sorry about all your house problems - you are right, all you can do is smile and count your blessings right now. But I know how frustrating it is waiting for workman to come and fix stuff!

SUSAN - Sorry dh has had another hospital stay - hope he's recovering well at home.

After the gym yesterday I went to my friends house and we got all creative and made cards. She sells them to raise funds for an orphanage that she set up in the Phillipines. It was good to get the creative juices flowing again and hopefully raise some money for a very good cause.

Have a lovely evening

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 02:17 AM   #34  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Friday Follies and the folly this week is, what is the last dumb thing you did with a piece of clothing or shoes, ie wore something inside out in public, etc?

I will check back in later gals at a decent time.

Faye
Old 09-09-2005, 01:44 PM   #35  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday - I tried out my new workout and boy was it hard work! It's wierd that I've cut out alot of the heavy weights machines and am just doing stuff with dumbells, fit ball , lunges and squats - I am really suprised how much harder they are than weights machines. I think the thing with the machines is I was sitting down and supported - where with these new exercises I am mostly standing up and using my whole body weight as resistance. I went to my cycle class as normal today and I found it really tough as my legs were so tired from yesterday. Now, my thighs are burning and getting stiffer by the hour - it shows I must be working new muscles!

I am a bit fed up at the moment because I really want to be going out and having fun and I've got no one to go out with I am seriously on the look out for some new friends - but it's hard as most people my age are settling down and having babies. I am starting volunteer work soon and a computer course, aswell as going to church and gym, so I am doing what I can, but I guess it takes time. In the meantime I am fed up and bored!

Have a good day all

Love Amanda x
Old 09-09-2005, 05:48 PM   #36  
It is what it is...

Hi All , just wanted to pop in before I head out of work for the weekend...

Amanda - I hear ya, there is no one my own age to hang out with here either, I am 31 and all of our friends have now had babies and I am the odd woman out... it sucks really... I need friends who can go out !!!
Maybe you should move to another country and we could hang?? ha ha ha

Susan/Va - sorry to hear about your dh, hope all is going well.

Faye, Julie, Scuzin ( where are ya girl ?? ), Marsha, and anyone I missed, I cannot keep up lately ...

Have a great weekend all !!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 08:11 AM   #37  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday so let's get some sun in here!

Amanda
(sorry I missed the day before)

I wished you two lived close to my dil as she is your age and you guys could have fun together. It is always tough when your friends start settling down to families of their own. I do feel for you. I have NO friends here at all and I don't even fit into your category but the other end so I DO understand.

Sorry I didn't get in here yesterday I was busy busy. We took dd and dgs out to Chilis for dinner last night and had a pretty good time. That boy loves broccoli like you have never seen. He will even eat it for breakfast. I asked my dd if he wasn't gassy all the time from eating broccoli but she said she hadn't noticed. He had broccoli and grilled chicken, now when was the last time you saw a 5 year old eat healthy like that? He got into trouble for breaking his shoelaces in his new shoes (they have these funky elastic laces that are a loop like a rubberband and can't be replaced) She said she was going to tell his dad and he was going to be mad because the shoes were expensive. He wanted to know if maybe he couldn't have a second chance and they not tell dad if he promised not to break the new ones she was going to have to buy (btw, I have never even heard his dad raise his voice let alone get mad) but no chance I guess. I felt sorry for him but I have to keep my mouth shut. He refused to buy new shoes that weren't exactly the same because he said he didn't want the kids at school to notice he didn't have the same shoes!

I have to run girls as the soccer game is at 8:30 and we have to leave around 8 and I have lots of chores this morning to get through first!

TTN

Faye
Old 09-10-2005, 03:39 PM   #38  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

Just popping in quick - I got 2 points yesterday. I'm having a bad food day today - it's been so wet and miserable here that I've been sat at home eating chocolate and crisps and watching DVD's. I had to have a rest from the gym as my legs are still aching! Oh well - I'm going to give my diet an overhaul on Monday - and by that I mean try to be really disciplined and stay OP!

Thanks for all your thoughts about friends - it's hard isn't it?

Enjoy your weekend

Love Amanda x
Old 09-11-2005, 08:25 AM   #39  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our Silly Poll this week is: Since we have been talking about friends, do you have a best friend you tell everything to?

Amanda

I talk to Jack about everything even female stuff unless it involves him (ie, I am mad at him about something,) then I just suck it up pretty much. I might say something to my sister, but rarely do I talk about Jack to someone else. He sees things very black and white and doesn't see gray areas so I can always trust I get the brutal truth from him even if I don't always like it or agree. We share everything together and truthfully enjoyed our vacation when it was just the two of us after my sister and bil went back home more than with other couples. You would think a man would have a warped sense when it came to women, but that is not really true. If I am having trouble with a female in some way, he goes right to the truth of it.

It is going to be another hugely hot day so we are staying indoors. I need to finish the house, but it is so darn hot upstairs by about 9 or 10 that I haven't gotten to it. I need to just get my behind up there and do a little at a time.

Hope you all are having a great weekend.

Amanda: British vocab lesson for me, american french fries are chips to you and potato chips are crisps to you????? Jack had fish and chips at one of the fancy buffets that had "foreign" foods and the chips were cooked sort of like fries but looked like potato chips! Just an old lady being curious!

Have a super Sunday everyone!

Faye
Old 09-11-2005, 09:42 AM   #40  

Greetings to all. This week sure did fly by! It is amazing how fast tiime goes when you are busy, and for me, how badly I sometimes eat when I am busy! Kind of a mindless thing, I guess. Anyway, next week should be a bit better I would think.
We are expected to be in the 90's today too, Faye. Incredibly hot for MN at this time of year. At least it doesn't last forever - supposed to be mid 70"s (perfect) by Tuesday.
DD has been really looking for a new job this week - wish she could find something. Too hard to work 90 miles away from home now - especially with gas prices where they are and will probably stay high for a while. It bugs me because she worked so hard for that college degree, and then the jobs just aren't there. Then I worry that if she takes a job out of her field, it will be too hard to get back in. I am a worrier - can you tell??
Amanda - sounds like you have a handle on doing some things to make some new friends. It is hard though. Are you the type who can ask other people you don't know real well to hang out? That is always hard for me - I am more the type that waits to be asked.
Hello to all - Julie, Carrie, Susan and Susan. I am hoping for a better week eating and exercising - anyone care to join me?
Marsha
mejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 08:43 AM   #41  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is to work on understanding body image and self image. It is easy to bleed them together as most of us have done, but body image is just that, your body and what it looks like, self image is all the inside stuff. How you feel about yourself, how you react to things etc everything emotional about you. When we blend the two, we convince ourselves that we are no good because of how we look,or this biggy, if we looked better our problems would be solved or our marriage better or our relationship improved. WRONG WRONG WRONG! If there is one thing I have learned from all of this is that it is very important to have a healthy emotional and spiritual you and not to worry about the body part except when it comes to how we treat our bodies, ie food intake exercise and the like. Let's work this week to improve our bodies but to improve our self image that we are beautiful human beings and our size has nothing to do with that!

Good Monday morning gals! Hope you are all up and at 'em this morning. I am kind of sluggish as I took one of my diuretic yesterday because I had ballooned up like a puffer fish and then had to pee every two hours last night so I am kind of pooped. I have work upstairs I absolutely have to get done this morning so that is what I am going to tackle when I get done here.

Marsha: My dh worked for a company for a year in Chicago, which was a little farther than what your dd has to drive everyday and I know how tough it was on us besides gas and wear and tear on the car and we had tolls everyday too. I hope she can find something closer or can make a decision about moving where her job is. I wish her good luck!

Tonight is another soccer game and I am beginning to decrease stitches on my blanket so I am getting that done too so I better hit the bricks and get stuff done!

Have a good day girls!

Faye
Old 09-12-2005, 01:32 PM   #42  
It is what it is...

Hi All ... hope you all had a good weekend... I had fun this weekend, we went to the Pork Festival in Tipton, IN ( and no I did not have any pork!! )
because my brother's band was the opening band for Ambrosia ( a 70's band )
I had a hard time staying away from the fair food but I did it !! Felt pretty good about myself !!

ALSO ... I joined the gym today!!!!!!!!! My dh and db joined this gym like 2 months ago and really like it so I went ahead and joined... I am excited about it because I think this is going to jump start the rest of the weight I need to lose...we are actually going today right after work... I know I have to go right after work or I wont go, once I get home and I am very lazy!!

Faye - I hear you on the water pill, I have to take one everyday for high blood pressure and I am always peeing ... hope you have fun at the soccer game tonight ... the weather said that a cold front is coming through this week, should be in mid 70's by end of week, hopefully it will cool you guys off too ( I am sure it will ) ... bring on FALL !!!

Amanda - Dont worry about Saturdays food eating, but get back on today and get going, you know we are going to kick this thing into gear right now!!!!

Marsha - I will join you ... I have been doing pretty good lately though, just need to get this exercise thing down.

Julie - Hi !!!

Hope you all have a good day, talk to you all later!!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 02:54 PM   #43  

Hi, ladies! Here I am waiting to see if Ophelia is going to bring enough rain and high tides to flood me out...still aren't sure where she is going but we are under a warning. My emergency supplies are ready.

My husband has 2 goods days and then goes backward a day. Yesterday he couldn't eat breakfast, got 2 bites of lunch down and then started throwing up, but ate a fair amount of supper. What's with that, we don't know. It just comes on all of a sudden.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 03:51 PM   #44  
2006 - Panda Remix

hello folks!

I got 2 points yesterday - but I am back on track today and plan to stay that way! I went to church yesterday and had a great time - in the first five minutes of being there about 6 people came up and said 'hello Amanda, it's great to see you'. I felt so welcome, it was really heartwarming. I've arranged to start attending a house group I used to go to a few years ago - the girls are all my age and single so I am looking forward making friends again.

FAYE - Yes, chips are fries and crisps are chips! Sorry about that - I normally try to Americanise my language here (eg. butt instead of bum!) but I forgot! There is one word I won't Americanise though and that is 'fanny' - that means something very different here!

MARSHA - I'm sure once you have got back into a routine at school, you will be able to control your eating better. The worst thing is not having set mealtimes - if I just grab on the run I usually get something unhealthy or end up overeating. I agree with you - I am not very good at putting myself forward and asking people out - although I do do it with people that I know well, but never with someone I am just getting to know.

CARRI - OMG! You've joined a gym!!!! Yay Carri You are right, it really will get that last bit of weight shifting and it will totally change your shape! I am wearing the same size clothes that I was wearing at 200lb, just because I am so toned and muscular! I hope you really enjoy it - you know what wonders it has worked for me both physically and mentally, and you can't keep me out of the place now! I am the gym now, so if you need to know anything then ask away!

SUSAN - Sorry your dh is so up and down - I will continue to pray for him. I hope the storm doesn't hit you.

Love Amanda x
Old 09-13-2005, 09:14 AM   #45  

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #113