Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 07:21 PM   #16  

Actually, we have spent a lot of time watching the news. Our kids were suppose to leave on a cruise today but they are stuck in port due to the hurricane coming in. They are in Galveston, Texas. Just talked to my brother in Mississippi, they are expecting the storm to head straight for them. He has an underground shelter so he should be alright. Our prayers go out for all the people who haven't been able to get out of town.
janicej
Old 08-29-2005, 10:15 AM   #17  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Yes, the 10th was my birthday. 41 years young. My present from my husband was a comfort bike, so we can take Gem out bike riding. I tried to ride his old bike, but felt like the tires would burst. But, damn it, I did get around the block twice -- 20 years after the last time I rode a bike, and 100 pounds heavier. Needless to say, the new bike was specifically chosen to deal with my weight. Today we're heading to Target to get accessories and necessities for it -- helmet, bell, lights, maybe a basket or rack. The prices at the bike shop for such things are really high. The bike should be in next week. They had to order it.

My other birthday present is something I've been thinking about for years, but never had the guts to do it. My girlfriend and I went out to lunch, and then she took me to the tattoo shop and I got my nipples pierced! They are the most lovely little barbells. They'll take about six months to heal completely, but they went past the aching stage after the first week.

Yes, we're doing very well. We've been busy with family trips and things this summer. We went down to the Shenandoah mountains and went to an old mining town place. Gem is now 4 and a half -- can you believe it?? We bought a "bucket of sand" at the mine. They had long sluice runs set up, with water running by and a "sluice box", which is a wooden box with a mesh bottom. Gem scooped some sand into the box and then swished the box back and forth in the running water, so the sand would be whisked away. It left behind the hidden treasures in the sand -- pretty rocks and some semi-precious stones. She got a few nice pieces of malachite and fool's gold, and a lot of lovely rose and other quartz. A fossil shark tooth and an obsidian arrow head rounded out her bucket. She had a blast!

Diet-wise, I'm doing okay. Slowly, but steadily, about a pound a week, I'm losing. I have more energy, am more flexible, and am less depressed than I was three months ago. I've lost about 20 pounds since I started recording my food and returned to the boards at the beginning of June.

I hang out mostly on the 100+ board because it's nice to have others who are morbidly obese who understand some of th particular trials we face, but I do try to pop in here occasionally and catch up with you guys. The Thin Group was my first home here on 3FC, and the first online support group I ever participated in. (note my "join date" on the left) I'm glad to see you're still around.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:21 PM   #18  

Default Ouch!!!!!

I don't think I would ever have enough guts to have my nipples pierced! Hope everything heals real soon. What did your significant other think about this decision? I was chicken to get my ears pierced. A friend finally insisted I get it done, so I did. My ears are very sensitive so I can only wear a few of the earrings I've purchased.
janicej
Old 09-01-2005, 05:26 PM   #19  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Hey Guys,
I am having so much fun at daughter, Tracy's house in Illinois. We have been going quite a bit these last few days, since Tracy took some leave to do things with me. Yesterday Tracy and myself went to St. Louis on the Metro, which is like a train/subway from Scott Air Force Base, where they live to downtown St. Louis. It was nice, went to Union Station for some shopping and saw the Arch and some other neat things. Tonight, Ken is coming after his Farm Progress show in Decateur, Illinois, where he has been working. We will go back home tomorrow till Sunday, than we will head for Michigan for Labor Day weekend to see both our families. Man I will be tired after we come home, mid next week sometime. Ken is taking a few days of leave so we can see both families. It will great to see my Dad as well as my sister in law, Chrissy too. Should be fun.

So how goes it for everyone this week. I managed to go to a WW meeting near Trace's and did gain a bit, but even though I have been really trying we have been eating out and I don't always eat salads sometimes. Oh well, I am drinking all my water and exercising too. This morning I went with Tracy to her work and did PT or Physicial Training with her whole squadron. It was great, they were so happy to have me there. There I was in the middle of all these Air Force people, like Captains, Lt. Colonel and lots of stripes too. We first did some stretches and warmed up in the building and Trace lead everyone, they jokingly said I would have to and would have to do the required Chinese Splits when I did it, but than when I got this dumb look on my face they fessed up and said it wasn't so. Is there even Chinese Splits anyways? HA HA I could not do the push ups or the sit ups like the rest of them, but did my best. Than we all went to the path near their squadron and they ran and I walked as fast as I could. It was so exciting, afterward the Shirt, the 1st Sargent, he gave me a coin for their squadron to remember them by. He loves me and kept calling me Mom all the time. Than the Comander, or the Lt. Colonel gave me an Air Force water bottle, which I loved getting since it I am trying to drink tons of water. All in all I sure had a great time with everyone, she sure works with a nice bunch, she is now a Staff Sargent and many of them told me they sure love her there and I couldn't be prouder of her. I got to watch her do her work, doing all the paperwork for all their leaves, sick pay and everything else and she does a wonderful job taking car of everyone for the large squadron I felt.

synger-I should get on my bike and ride while there is still some summer left in Indiana. I used to ride all the time, but it is put up with hardly air in it's tires, but I could have hubby take it down for me. Happy belated Birthday to you too. Hope it was a wonderful one. That is nice that you did something you had always wanted to do too. I wouldn't have the nerve either, but good for you. Great going with you losing your pound a week, I too am not worried about fast, I just want steady and we will get there in the end.

janicej-I sure hope that your kids are safe and sound, I know it really puts them out, but I know they are just glad they are not in the middle of all of this and safe in Texas. Please let us know how your brother and his family are doing down in Mississippi. Good job on all your riding too, keep it up it will really help you.

CJ-Gosh taking care of a 4 yr old must be rough, I can't imagine how it is going to be when I have grandkids to chase around. I don't know if we will be able to swing by and see you, not sure how much leave Ken will be taking or if we have to get back home for him to do some things he has been wanting to do. It would be great though wouldn't it, those Buttershots are sure calling our name arn't they?

motriv8ed-Where are you girlfriend, come on back and post with us. We all miss you, how are you doing? I sure hope good!

Peggy-I hope things are going well for you too and that you are feeling great and back into the swing of things by now.

Well time to get off here, Tracy is home and we are probably going to do something tonight so I better go see what and where.

Love you, Sharon
Old 09-01-2005, 07:23 PM   #20  

I heard from my brother. He is fine. No damage to the house, they have up-rooted trees in the yard and will probably be without power for a few weeks. It was in the 90's when I called and the humitiy is high so they are very uncomfortable.We are all thankful that he is okay.
Three of the grandkids came over today. We rode our bikes together and had a good time. Matt, our 3 year old grandson was even riding his bike. He loved racing with me. It was a fun way to exercise.
Sharon sounds like you have been busy, but having lots of fun. A small weight gain isn't bad for being away from home and eating out. It will come off quickly when you get back on your regular schedule.
Synger you are doing great with your weight loss. Steady and slow is the way to go. It has a greater chance of staying off when you diet the right way
CJ-Your grandchild must be keeping you real busy!! Let us know how you are doing.
I've been staying about the same. I'm hoping the weight will start to drop again.
Have a good day,
janicej
Old 09-03-2005, 04:32 PM   #21  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Hi guys:

Soooooo sorry for not posting sooner ... and again for this post as it is going to be very short ... have to be ready to go somewhere in like 5 minutes!

I have been down with my back out for the last couple days ... hard to sit at the computer ... was lifting stuff I really shouldn't be doing.

Anyway ...

Sharon: Glad you are having fun and am keeping my fingers crossed that we can get together sometimes soon, one way or another! Miss you guys terribly. By the way, it wasn't rough taking care of the 4 yr old ... just keeps you hopping! lol

Janice: Soooooooo very happy to hear your brother and family are ok. That is so scary looking at all the devastation!

Synger: Happy belated birthday! Thanks from thinking of us and dropping in from time to time. We love hearing from you ... yes, you are indeed one of the original thin group gals so really glad to have you still join in with us.

Everyone else I missed .. please come and post .. we miss you!

Like I said, this is a shortie .. will be back later or tomorrow and promise I will post longer. Hope to see some action here also when I come back in!

Later....
Love, CJ
Old 09-05-2005, 11:30 AM   #22  

Hi everyone,
Hope you all had a good week. I gained some of my weight back this week. We had four dinners out with friends this week and the grandkids have been over so I really got off track anf gained back 3 pounds!! I was good yesterday and weighed in today I 'm down a pound and a half so I'm only up 1 1/2 pounds. It sure doesn't take much to make the scale go up, but getting it to go down can be tough. I really want to get into the 70's this week. I need to work hard if I want to lose another size before Christmas. Hope everyone did better than I did this week.
janice j
Old 09-06-2005, 03:27 PM   #23  
An Oldie and A Goodie

Cool Remember me!?!

Slipping in quietly....

Stepping timidly up to the microphone...

Tap. Tap. Tap. Is this thing on?

It's me!!! Ol' Jo. Or Jello. Or whatever you may want to call me! Back from beyond. I stumbled on you guys again and am so very happy that I did.

Not much has changed since I was here last. In particular, my weight, darnit! I did change jobs about a year and a half ago and now work only about a mile from home. The plan was to walk to work regularly. Hasn't happened. Ah but I keep on plugging. What else is there to do?

I was reading through your past few threads. It's so wonderful to see some familiar names and faces. If I am welcome here, I'd love to check in again and catch up with you.

Pretty please?

Sneaking back out but leaving the door ajar....

Jo.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:24 PM   #24  

Hello Ladies!

I know I haven't been around lately, I'm just down at the moment. You know that "I'm fat and not losing weight so why bother" attitude. I know it's not a good one to have and I hate it. Hopefully, I'll snap out of it VERY soon. I know I just need a good ol' buttkick from my buddies! Sharon and CJ are VERY good at those when you need it! I am trying to do low carb. It's hard but I have to do something.

JO!!! Welcome back!! How are you? The last I heard from you was when Nico was born (two years ago ...can you believe it?). Queen CJ and Sharon are still here to do some butt kicking and get us back in shape. Many hugs to you!

CJ- I don't want you to think I forgot about you! Since I haven't seen anyone else do it ....BRAT, BRAT, BRAT! Just like old times!

Sharon- Sounds like you are having fun with Tracy. I'm glad to hear that Chrissy is in love again. The anniversary of Rick's death is right around my wedding anniversary. That's why I always remember and say a little prayer for him, Chrissy, the girls, you and your family. Wow, it's been six years?

Peggy- I'm so sorry to hear about your Mother. As Sharon said, don't blame yourself. It's easier said than done, but know that you were a good daughter who loved her Mother very much. Many hugs to you!

Synger- How do you like riding the bike? Wow, you got your nipples pierced! You are pretty gutsy. I have a very low tolerance for pain and would probably be walking around topless until they healed. That would be a very scary sight (me topless)!!

Janice- Welcome! You will love it here. These are some of the most wonderful and supportive ladies I know. I'm glad to hear that your brother is ok!

Well ladies, I'm off. I'll post soon!

Hugs to you all!

Sylvia
Old 09-09-2005, 11:37 AM   #25  

Sylvia & Jo so nice to hear from you. I was beginning to wonder were everyone was. I haven't been on track for the last couple of weeks. I think I need to get in line with Syvia for that kick in the butt. I'm down 1 size and that feels really nice.I would really like to be about a size 12 by Christmas. I just need to start making better choices and take one day at a time. Let's all try a little harder so we can all squeeze into some new smaller chothes for Christmas!
janicej
Old 09-09-2005, 11:19 PM   #26  
CJ

Hi girls ... can I join the "fell off the wagon club" ?????? I haven't been doing too well the last week either! Sorry I haven't been around but we've been really busy getting my computer room finished - oh, it looks sooooo nice, it's so cozy in here! But, haven't had much time to be in it .. my sister is in Michigan from California and I don't get to see her much. She'll be here for a couple weeks (unless she changes her mind and goes back earlier) ... I hope not tho.

Slyvia:
OK .. HERE'S YOUR KICK IN THE BUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't give up, you can do this. Stick with us in here, we will all eventually do it! So you "fell off the wagon" ... sounds like we all did, so we just pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off and start all over again ... and again ... and again... for as long as it takes until we get it right! So you are trying lo-carb ... that's a good thing .. Janice and I both are doing lo-carb ... it's easy really ... Will power! Ya gotta have will power to say NO to those ugly sweets!!!

Janice:
You too! HERE'S YOUR KICK TOO!! Tomorrow is a new day, we will all try harder ... each new day we just have to try harder. I know .. once you stray from your right way of eating it's kinda hard to get back on track, but I know that we can do it. I'm going to try even harder tomorrow to stay OP all day. I too, would also like to be in a smaller size come Christmas!

Jo:
Welcome back .. of course you are welcome here - just come in and keep on posting with us. Sounds like we all need some SWIFT BUTT KICKS to get us all on the straight and narrow!

Well ... time to get to bed ... it's been a long long day. I'll check in tomorrow (probably be late) ... everyone - TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME ... WE CAN DO THIS!!!

later...
Love, CJ
Old 09-12-2005, 12:20 PM   #27  

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the kick in the butt CJ I needed that. I decided to get back on the wagon and start eating right today. I've also decided to stop weighing myself so much. I get stressed out every time I get on the scale. I think I'll weigh myself once a week so I can see a weight loss each week. I woke up with a sinus headache and cold so I don't feel like eating much. It will be easy to stay on track today.
Hope everyone is sticking to their diets and drinking plenty of water.
janicej
Old 09-12-2005, 02:53 PM   #28  
An Oldie and A Goodie

Oh how I've missed the butt kicks!

Sylvia, Nico is 2!?!?!? OMG. Not a baby anymore.

Actually, Rich (my other half) and I are scheduled to go with some friends of ours to St. John in the Virgin Islands in November. Now I've known about this trip since, oh I don't know, March maybe. You'd think I'd get my act together to get this bod' bathing-suit ready. Not. It's going to be ugly.

Meanwhile, I'll keep coming in here for motivation and those kicks.

Talk to you all later.
Jo.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:18 PM   #29  

I'm still not feeling well. I made a large crock pot of soup yesterday and had some of it for dinner. I haven't had the energy to exercise so I'm not sure how I'm doing with my weight. Hope everyone is well and sticking to their weight loss plans.
janicej
Old 09-13-2005, 03:14 PM   #30  
CJ

Hi everyone! Stopping in for a quick hello here ... we've been really busy finishing up the rest of the cabin remodeling ... working now in the bedroom and the rest of the kitchen - will be done by the end of this week! Just waiting for our carpet to get in and that will be it!

Taking time out also to enjoy my sister's visit from California!

Weight wise????? Well, haven't been horrible, but haven't been good either! Well, today so far I have been on plan .. but, we went to Macinac City Monday and I had 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream w/caramel topping!!! Eeeeks! Boy, did I pay for it later that nite too as I am lactose intolerant and didn't bother to take anything before eating all that! Yesterday was better, except I broke down and had a small slice of chocolate cake last nite! Today, so far, is good ... I CAN DO THIS! WE CAN DO THIS!

Jo: Sounds like a fun trip to the Virgin Islands ... don't fret over the bathing suit idea .. just keep trying, you still have time to make a "dent" ... lol

Janice: Hope you feel better soon! The soup sounds good .. I should make a batch.

Sharon - Slyvia - Peggy - Synger (and anyone else I missed): Get in here and post so we know how things are going for you! Don't stay away too long!

OK ... got to run. Hubby needs help - we're pulling electrical wires thru ... this will finish our complete electrical outlets in the cabin - NO MORE HEAVY DUTY EXTENSION CORDS! HIP HIP HURRAY!!!!!

Talk to ya later....
Love, CJ
Closed Thread