Old 08-22-2005, 12:16 PM   #31  

I actually got my upstairs cleaned (downstairs slated for tomorrow), my hair colored and my toenails painted, though let me tell you a fat woman trying to paint her toenails makes them look like a blind person with no hands did them! Actually, a blind person with no hands would probably do a better job than I did. Too much tummy to get to those toes! Anyway, they look ok! So, I have a couple minutes while I am waiting for my lunch to warm up so I thought I would peek back in.

Julie: Sounds like you had fun and I can attest to the fact that swimming can poop you out. I started the season at 15 minutes this year and thought I will never work up to an hour and can do about 90 minutes without being totally pooped, but keep it an an hour or so. I only did 45 today as I wanted to get started on the house. Like I said before, it is incredibly hot here (almost 90 already) and so I have to get the upstairs done very early or it is too hot to do so just cut the routine short today. I think SB works so well for men because they use their cals different than we use ours so all that meat seems to full instead of "fat" them! I know you can get to that skinny self of yours by the end of the year!

Marsha: I never asked, did your dad enjoy his little vacation away from your mom? How is she doing btw? I think about all of you with sick spouses, parents etc and pray for you guys a lot. I know how hard it must be to deal with a sick parent. I have an online friend who is a teacher in Iowa and her principal is a royal pain in the patooty I hear so I understand all about dealing with beginning school problems. I on the other hand just had to buy $61 worth of CRAP for my grandson's PTA fundraiser so he can get a racing pig, whatever the heck that is! They do #'s of items sold not total $$$ and he wants the pig thing. He will also get to be part of a party, something else and a limo ride to the Hard Rock Cafe though I don't know if it is just a zip downtown and back or do they get to go in and have a sundae or something. Can't see kindergartners being impressed by Little Richard's lime green suit, etc! Funny thing is our Hard Rock doesn't have much Elvis stuff at all. Of course, Hard Rock is doing a mobile home tour of the country with Elvi stuff so I guess maybe that is why. And, YES, we are going nuts waiting to leave! Jack has to work today and tomorrow and from 7-9 AM on Wed then he is done for 12 days. Unfortunately, it is so hot doing the work they have to do this week that he doesn't even eat lunch just drinks water all day. One of the buildings is underground and you would think it would be cool but the temps are like 140 in the summer and worse with as hot as it has been and of course they have been having a problem down there with something.

I actually finished up one of my lists and have everything on it crossed off! So much of the stuff has to wait until Wed like taking the dog to the kennel and fixing the litter boxes, food etc for the kitty (dd is going to check on him for me, thank goodness) Anyway, you guys don't want to be bored with all my vacation ramblings. I need to go and get showered. We have another soccer practice (oh joy) this afternoon so I have to find something very very cool to wear. I got sunburned on Sat though not badly but I think I am going to take an umbrellas today to sit under like my sil's mother does.

Everyone have a spectacular day and I will talk to you tomorrow

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 04:22 PM   #32  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi gals,

I got 2 points yesterday - although I was more or less OP with my eating, only about 100 cals over (which considering how I've been over the past couple of weeks is not bad at all! ). I'm not as achy as I thought I would be after my run in with running! Still, I decided to have a rest day from the gym today - basically because I got up late and missed my cycle class, then had stuff to do this afternoon.

I'm going away Thurs - Sun to visit my family and am not looking forward to 4 days away from my gym routine! Actually, my muscles seem to be constantly aching, particularly my legs, so a 4 day break may actually do me some good. I'll try to get some walking in too.

JULIE - Yay Julie! - you sound like you are really getting back into a losing weight mentality! Yes, I agree with you about swimming (see my post a few days ago) - it's blooming hard work, especially if you've not done it for a while. I think calorie counting is great - it's thanks to calorie counting that I've finally started shifting significant amounts of weight.

MARSHA - Sounds like it's straight back to work for you!

FAYE - I hear you about the toenail thing! It was something I noticed when I got over 240 lb - suddenly cutting or painting my toenails became REALLY hard. Thankfully now it is becoming a bit easier - it's funny the little ways that our weight can affect our lives isn't it?

THANKS TO YOU ALL for your lovely words of support. I never thought I would get to a stage where I can say I have lost 40lb and have started to run on the treadmill, but here I am and I am discovering new things I can do all the time and it feels great! For so long I have been trapped in this fat body and depressed mind and now I am beginning to emerge out of it like a butterfly out of a chrysalis. It has taken me my whole adult life to get here, and though I still have a long way to go - I know I am only looking forward and not back. So thank you all my friends - you have truly helped me through thick and thin and your support, understanding and unconditional friendship means the world to me. Thank You - you are all great!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 06:01 AM   #33  

Good morning girls! I hope you will have a nice day today. We are still having very very hot temps, which makes it pretty miserable to be out. I did take an umbrella to T's practice last night and that helped some, but it was still hot to sit out there for 90 minutes.

Isn't it funny that we can't all be working on this weight loss thing at the same time? Seems like if Amanda is doing well, I am doing lousy, if Carri is going ganbusters, Marsha is having trouble, etc. Once the holiday is over, let's concentrate on all our group having a good strong fall full of OP days and exercise. I would love it if the whole group would make their goal for the fall this year!

Well, day after tomorrow and we take off in the big bird! All I can say is thank goodness we aren't flying Northworst as my husband calls them. They have a hub here in Mempis so you would think we would have better service, but....At least, I hope OUR plane takes off on time. Like I told Jack, all we have to do is get from here to Atlanta, then if the Atlanta to Vegas plane is late, that is ok because we don't have to worry about making anymore connections.

Everyone have a great day today and stay cool!

Faye
Old 08-24-2005, 05:01 AM   #34  

DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #112