Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 12:13 PM   #31  

I have a couple of minutes before I leave for swimming. The word is out so I can tell my secret. A couple of months ago Larry was approached by two different companies to work for them. He was highly recommended. He declined. Well less than a month ago one of his x-coworkers called him out for dinner. They ambushed him. This guy started to work for one of the companies that wanted him. They said that they were going to get him on their team. Well after finding out what might make Larry work for them they made him an offer. It is an awesome offer. Hard to turn down. He signed the contract yesterday. This morning he handed in his resignation to the company that he has worked 18 years for. Shock was their response. They really need him he is valuable to them. At this moment they are working on an offer for him. Larry told him how much more he was going to get paid, so now it is in their hands. Last night when we went to bed we thought that he would be walked out the door this morning. Who knows what is going to happen? Good for us because he is the most wanted person, with the ransom being paid to us!
Old 07-28-2005, 01:08 PM   #32  
Losing it!

I am so happy for the two of you!!!! This is such a great opportunity for Larry and it must feed his ego a bit to have an offer and counter offer on the table. Wishing the two of you the very best!

Well, my secret really doesn't compare in size to Dee & Larry's secret but it is along the same path. Steve works part time at a very well established, high traffic liquor store a few evenings a week when he is in town ~ He is the assistant manager. His employer wants to get together with me and discuss my coming to work for the business. It will be days while Ali is at school. I think it would be fun & exhausting at the same time, plus I would get my exercise stocking and hauling liquor and beer cases. My concerns: *doing anything at all that would effect Steves job* a few of the co-workers are known to be back-stabbers and they don't care for Steve. This would be the same two ladies I would be working for on my shift, they are management* it's been almost 10 years since I've worked out in the public, I'm a nervous wreck thinking about running a register etc. * this is a very high traffic store with mass confusion most of the time, I'm afraid I will be too slow and dense to stay at the pace I need to. * Communication seems to be lacking due to the confusion & pace of the store * I am a friend to the owner of the business, not like we hang out together, but it is probably "friendlier" then what should be for an employer/employee relationship. Please give me your input please, am I thinking logically or is it just fear of being out in the workforce again???? We will probably try to get together with the owner either today or tomorrow to discuss details, schedules etc. I am going to be very up-front with her over all of my concerns so she will know were I'm coming from.

I am sitting here waiting for our well man to show up. During the night we ended up having no water. We have our own well and we are thinking it could be the pump. Last week the A/C, this week no water...life sucks sometimes! LOL!
We were to go out tonight with Steve's boss for dinner and discussion, now we need to see if we have water running again by that time.

I hope all of you are doing fine! Janice, I like the new pic on the picture thread!!!
Old 07-28-2005, 05:19 PM   #33  
Losing it!

Can I get a loan??????

The well guy was just out....long story short, it will run $2000.00-$2500.00 to get us going with water again. Life sucks....

I was taking my mom to town today, another long story short, her power steering pump went out and a belt came loose. It will go in the shop tomorrow.
Did I tell you guys life sucks...
Old 07-28-2005, 08:18 PM   #34  

Gayle-I say go for it! I think you will do a wonderful job. You will catch on quickly and everyone will love you. As for the well, what's wrong with it? Why is it going to run you $2000.00? We have never had to have work done on ours. I hate to say it, but Mike does all the work on that too. The only thing that we ever had to have done professionally was a deeper septic tank, which ran $3000.00. I hope that's not your problem.

Dee-Good luck! You and Larry must be on cloud nine. I'm so happy for you both.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:04 PM   #35  
Janice

Dee: What wonderful news. I am very happy for you two!!!
Gayle - You will be wonderful in that job. It doesn't matter where you work there will be people who will backstab and do nasty behind the scenes things. IGNORE THEM!
You do what is best for you and be happy. YOU GO GIRL! It will be great for you.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:32 AM   #36  
Losing it!

We had our septic done about 7 years ago, it ran close to $5000.00 with a new lateral and tank. Our well house pump went out, after looking, the casing is starting to rust and our water level is at 65 with a drop of 60. So, even if we replace the pump/casing, they would need to come back out in about 5 years to drill deeper and then we would just do it all over again. So they are coming today, drilling to 120 feet and replacing the pump etc. We purchased a new bladder in 1998, so hopefully we can get some more years out of it. Now for an update, the well has a well house that sits on top of it to enclose it, so there is a door, just like a little house. When someone needs to check the well, one can open the door and then take the ladder down to the well. Steve needed to cut a hole in the roof for the guys, most of the wood is rotting away so we are now building a new house for the top. Cha-Ching! Cha-Ching!!! That is the sound of the cash registers at the lumber yard!!! Haven't even priced supplies yet... :-(
BTW: Cut into the 220 electric line too, so now we need an electrician!!!
Old 07-29-2005, 04:17 PM   #37  

Aww, Gayle I am sorry to hear that so much has gone wrong. When it rains it pours. The positive way to look at things is the problems you have are financial not health of a love one. I guess you can be thankful for that. Go for the job Gayle not only will it help you financially it will boust your moral. I know that you would do a great job. You are wonderful with people. If you think that you would enjoy it, do it! Great hours too. How is Liz feeling?

Shelley you didn't say what university you guys decided on. Or have you?

Thank you everyone, Larry did very well. His company made him an offer he could not turn down. He is happy about being loyal to his company. A little compition never hurts anyone. Now that he accepted his company offer we are looking for a new car. Yesterday we went out and test drove two convertibles. It was fun to feel the wind blow through my hair. Now seriously in our climate we would only beable to use the car four months out of the year. I think that we will have to settle on a sunroof.

I can't remember do you guys have a long weekend this weekend? We do. Yippee! I hope that you all have a good weekend.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:06 PM   #38  

Dee-Why do you have a long weekend? What holiday is it in Canada? Good luck on a new car. It's such a great feeling to get one!

Gayle-Mike just told me about the wells up north. Down here, the pump just sits on the ground. He has replaced some stuff on it several times.

Carol-How is the ankle? We need to hear from you!

Sherry-I about crapped in my pants when I got the email you sent about the office. That one is a riot. I wish I could send it to my office, but of course we can't put something like that on the school's email.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:14 PM   #39  

Hello

Dee....Tell Larry I said CONGRATS!!!!!!! If he would have known a long time ago that he would have gotton a big raise by saying that someone else wanted him, he could have!!!! WTG! Good luck finding a new car! Looks like everyone is getting one here lately! What holiday do you have this weekend? Whatever it is...Have fun!!

Gayle....I say..."Go for it!" Take the job! Just because you're friend with him/her doesn't mean that you can't do a good job at doing your job! Let me know what you decide. Will this put a damper on helping your Mom out? You have to think of that too. Good luck! I'm so sorry that you're having to shell out so much money for repairs. Story of my life! Wouldn't it be cheaper to move??!!!! (just kidding!) I need your new email again. I can't find it!!!

Shelley....I agree. That joke was too funny!! If only we could really use post-it's like that! Are you still enjoying your new car? I only have a week left (next week) then it's back to work for me. I hate to whine about it because you sure did get less time then me!

Carol.....How are you sweetie? Please post soon and let us know you're ok! I'm thinking of you!

Ramona....Are you feeling better girlie? I sure miss you!

Vicki.....How are you? Is your hip better? Please post soon!!!!!

To everyone else: I hope you're ok! Post when you can!

Have a great weekend!! Will check in later!
Old 07-30-2005, 05:12 AM   #40  

Work was a ***** yesterday. People get hired and fired before school even starts. Teachers had meetings all day, then when let out it is a frenzy! They all come up wanting to get orders done from me, class lists from the other lady, and everyone calls the building super at once. I feel so sorry for her because she is down a couple of custodians right now.

I'm heading out early for a run because I have to take my mom to a hair appointment today. My bro from NY will be staying at her house tonight, so we are going over there to visit.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:11 AM   #41  
Losing it!

Shelley, Liz wanted to say thank you for the card. It was a nice surprise to find in the mailbox. You are a dear!
Old 07-30-2005, 11:57 AM   #42  

STOP!!!

Please Go To #44...........A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread