Old 07-26-2005, 09:23 PM   #31  

So I seem to have missplaced my wallet which, among other things means can't get into the gym because I don't have my student ID...lets hope I find it soon.

I finnished the book the same night of my last post....wow...wow....wow!

Not much time...must be off to rehearsal!!!!!
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 05:14 AM   #32  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes a day to gripe gripe gripe!

Amanda
Faye

Susan: Were you surprised by who died and who killed? I sat and cried, but it does make sense. Can't say anymore as I don't think Carri has read it yet.

Amanda: Rowing will kill you if you have big boobs. Glad you found a good substitute and it is always nice to hear your trainer say you are looking good! I have a feeling I have a new set of rings! Haven't heard a peep from anyone and if I lost them, I would be frantic. Of course, like I said, if you were trespassing and breaking and entering, you can't very well ask for them.

Nikki: Glad you found somewhere to live and hope you can get things all arranged to go to school up there. I like Dallas when we go through it (my dh has family about an hour from there and we were in Dallas for a week a couple years ago) Good luck with everything and YEAH on the losses!

Even though right now my food is not as good as it should be, I am still losing inches. I put a pair of my new capris on to go to lunch with dd yesterday and they are fitting looser than they were just a couple weeks ago. I am ashamed to say, I am not drinking near enough water and need to do that if for no other reason than the heat.

Hope you girls all have a great day!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:16 AM   #33  

Hello Ladies! An old member just stopping in to say hello, and share with you some good news! I joined OA 1.5 yrs ago after nothing else worked. It took that long, but I have now reached my weight goal of...BMI<25!!!!!!

This is pretty freaking cool, and it took a lot of experimentation to get here this slowly, but there you have it.

I will share a Wednesday Woe. Usually when I succeed at meeting a weight goal, I then begin to eat like I've been trapped in a cave for a week. I am a little anxious that that could happen again, somehow after a success I feel like I am on really precarious footing. Well, I think my skills and perspective are pretty different now, so maybe I'll visit a maintainers site for some inspiration, and then just get on with my life!

Although I don't visit this site much anymore, it was a crucial step in my journey! Thanks so much, it is fun to see how many people are still focused on health after 2 yrs!

Take care! Kim
KimmyAnn47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:38 AM   #34  

Congratulations, Kim, on finding what works for you. Good luck with your maintenance and stop by once in awhile and let us know how you are doing.

Ladies, I have good news for a change. Thanks, I'm sure, to all the prayers on my husband's behalf, the doctor has finally come up with a diagnosis - a test they did late last week revealed a parasite in his stomach and intestines. He started on a very stong antibotic today, 4 times a day for 10 days. After 2 days he should start feeling better...I am so relieved to finally get a handle on this. Now I'll work at getting myself back on track getting the 3 pounds off I've gained this month.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:52 PM   #35  

Susan/VA - that is great news on DH - who would have thought?? You guys have certainly been through a lot these last few weeks - yeah, now back to focusing on you a bit more.

Amanda - your trainer's praise is really exciting. You have made it through a rough patch here these last few weeks, too. Onward and upward (or should I say, downward!).

Nikki - glad the move is going so well for you. Your enthusiasm is contagious!

Susan - hop you find that ID - what a hassle!

Faye - I am sure all your swimming is really toning you - congrats on the capris!

I had therapy on my knee this am, feeling a bit better. Glad to report I only have had one day that is not OP since I started WW. SO far, so good! Helps to have DD doing it, too. The website is pretty helpful. We have had two beautiful, almost chilly, days in a row, and boy am I enjoying it! Take care everyone.
Marsha
mejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 03:37 PM   #36  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I got another 4 points yesterday. Sorry, I haven't got time to talk - I'm watching 'Mars Attacks'.

SUSAN/VA - I am so happy that you have a diagnosis at last. My friend was found to have a parasite in her system which had been there for 15 years, dating back to a trip to India. She had lots of health problems (though not as serious as your dh) and was labelled a hypochondriac, until it was eventually spotted. Hope these antbiotics will really sort him out!

Have a good evening,

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 05:50 AM   #37  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday, take time just for you today.

Amanda
Faye

Susan/VA: Praise God! I am thrilled you have found a solution to your hubby's illness. No wonder he didn't want to eat!

Amanda: You remain an inspiration to us all. You have gone from a young woman with lousy self esteem and a slip shod look at losing weight to a strong vibrant woman who wants to become healthy again and is willing to work at it! I am proud of you!

Marsha: I hope the therapy will help you out and make that knee lots stronger. Unfortunately, the only thing that will help mine is surgery and I am not sure I am ready for that. Good going on the WW too!

Kim: Nice to see you and congrat on goal!

Carri, Nikki, Susan and Julie. Hope you all have a great day!

Woohoo I am down to 4 weeks from today for vacation. We are slowly getting there! I put on another brand new pair of pants that I couldn't fit into a month ago and now they fit and are only snug one place, right where the widest part of my hip is because I have a big tummy roll that even losing weight is not going to make it go away. I am itching to pack I am so anxious and it consumes all my dh and I talk about. Oh and my dd is going to watch my cat for me so that is a load off my mind. Fortune goes to the pet resort.

I guess I better go and get my morning chores done.

Faye
Old 07-28-2005, 11:05 AM   #38  
It is what it is...

Morning All, well my dang scales are broke, again! I bought Tanita scales about a year and a half ago at Bed, Bath, and Beyond ... well one week later they were not working ( they are digital ) so I took it back and just exchanged it for the same thing and now it is not working...aren't scales supposed to last longer than a year and a half? I thought Tanita was a good brand but now I am questioning it, everytime I step on it just says "error", well I guess they are right - it was a true "error" to gain all this weight!!

Susan/Va - So glad to hear that you know what is wrong with dh now, that is great news...so happy for you both...

Amanda - As everyone has said you are doing a great job, keep it up!! You inspire us all !!!

Faye - Good job on the capri's ... I know you are going to have a great time in Vegas, dh and I really want to go soon too ...

Julie, Nikki, Scuzin, Marsha - Hi to all and have a great day !!!!

I have been staying OP but lately it was too hot to exercise ( I need a pool to go to in private, ha ha ) ... but the last couple of days have been cool, it has been great, makes me want Fall really bad!!!

Take Care!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 02:12 PM   #39  

Carri: Oooooohhhhhh is that why my scales say ERR, they are broken not that I am too fat for the scales! I have Tanita and bought them at BBB too and mine are ok at least I guess they are. I mean I see myself at 140 and they see me as 325 so maybe they are broken I always thought that was a good brand and they weren't cheap either. Mine are BMI scales too are yours?

Ok, let's give Faye the dumb dumb of the year award. I pulled a real dope of a move today. I don't know what I was thinking. I ordered Jack's meds this morning thinking it was payday (well in my defense Thurs did used to be payday until just a few months ago) but anyway, I took Jack to work and came home, did my pool workout, watched a cute movie (in good company) then took a shower and went out to get my nails done still clueless. I then went to the grocery store never thinking it wasn't payday and shopped then went to pick up my lunch takeout and they declined my bank card. Well, DUH, I had moved money to the savings for vacation not even looking at the checking account because I assumed it was payday, paid for his meds and bought groceries and payday is TOMORROW! I just gave her my credit card instead but it was embarrassing! Sheesh!

Ok, here is something my dsis sent me and is worth the read. Pass it on.

WATER

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzz short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficult! y focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

And now for the properties of COKE:

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway! after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous China.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away th! e corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.

9. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

For Your Info:
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days! Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years! Now the question is, would you like a coke or a glass of water?
Old 07-28-2005, 02:36 PM   #40  

I just emailed my hubby the properties of Coke to see if he will pay attention to it. He drinks about 6 a day and can't understand why he can't lose weight. The pediatrician also told me that if you drink a Coke a day that you gain 12 lbs a year!
jacolmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 04:46 PM   #41  

On the Tanita scales, they have one that measures hydration (% water) as well as fat and BMI. I was wondering if anyone has one of those and do you think it is worth it. I was thinking it might be a good investment since we have to be careful of fluid retention with my husband's CHF - though we might see the numbers changing before the swelling was visible - and with his kidneys where dehydration is the problem.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 05:32 PM   #42  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I got 2 points yesterday - I was meant to have a very low cal day (1400), but actually had just under 1600. Good news! I weighed myself and I've lost another 2lb, making my monthly total 6lb - I'd like to make it 7lb total for the month, so I've got 3 days left to lose that extra pound - which will make my total weight loss 35lb or 2 1/2 stone as we Brits say.

Thanks for your kind words - it took a while (about 20 years!), but I finally seem to have my weight under control. For the first time in my life, I actually believe in myself that I can do this!

That coke thing is little suprise to me....Nige sent me out to buy a bottle the other week when he wanted to destroy his old hard drive! The water facts were very interesting - I didn't know that it could help to reduce cancer.

FAYE - I remember when I last went on holiday - I was packing at 2am on the morning we were leaving! That's great that you are fitting into smaller clothes! I'm now fitting into clothes that I haven't worn for 3 years - and they are actually a little loose. A while ago I packed away some of my smaller clothes, but Nigel is going to get them out for me at the weekend as now the majority of what is in my wardrobe is too big! I must say it feels good - for the first time in my life I have tonnes of clothes that are too big, it's always been that they were too small.

CARRI - Good for you for staying OP! I've got some good quality non digital scales that have a 10 year guarantee. That's the problem with digital ones - although they are more accurate, they tend to be temperamental!

Love Amanda x
Old 07-29-2005, 06:03 AM   #43  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Friday Follies. A day we share our goof ups!

Amanda
Faye

I already shared my goof up yesterday. be back to post replies a little later

Faye
Old 07-29-2005, 09:19 AM   #44  

Good morning to all. Just a quick post before I get busy here. Spent yesterday in Minneapolis again, so need to catch up on some laundry, cleaning, etc. Been nice here for several days, sounds like the heat is coming in for the weekend. Take care - will check back later.
Marsha
mejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 10:41 AM   #45  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hello,

I got 3 points yesterday - had to have a rest day from exercise! I went to visit my friend who has recently had a baby which was nice. I am finding that now I am less depressed and have more energy I am getting a bit bored when I am at home. The gym takes up a couple of hours, but other than that I haven't got much going on so I've applied to do some voluntary work. I have put my name forward for half a day at my local PDSA charity shop, and half a day at the local Children's Hospital. They have lots of opportunities at the hospital, but the one that has caught my eye is helping out in the dieticians dept - answering phones, typing out diet sheets and making appointments. I must say I am looking forward to getting out of the house and meeting new people - I've been stuck inside for too long!

Well Nigel got all my old clothes out from the top of the wardrobe - what a disappointment that was! Everything is really old and tatty and just plain boring! I am a lot more adventurous with colours now, but everything there was black or navy. I found one nice pair of trousers, but they are still too small. The rest I am just going to give away to charity - I am a different person from 5 years ago and my tastes and style have changed completely. Guess I'll have to start saving for a new wardrobe!

Love Amanda x