Old 07-16-2005, 01:52 PM   #31  
Hang In There

I could imagine what I had said in my Bio until I went back and read it!!! Make that 58
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 08:10 AM   #32  

Hi everyone

Hope you all are having a great weekend so far. We had some terriffic storms Fri. night which sprouted a tornado/waterspout about 15 miles south of us. There were some pretty impressive photos in Sat. paper.

Barb, I read your bio and thought, HMMMM, a child bride. Sorry you weren't picked to sit on a jury. Did you get a lot of reading done? Hope that your SIL will soon be strong enough for heart bypass surgery. She'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Lucy, I am so sorry about your DH. That's great you got some good news the other day. Isn't Hoboken, NJ where Frank Sinatra came from? I can imagaine how hard it is for you to get around. My joints are now starting to get stiff when I first get up in the morning or when I sit for very long. I also had Tony Little's Gazelle and loved it. Unfortunately I didn't have the room for it in FL so had to get rid of it.

Nikki, I'm so glad the wedding went well inspite of the glitches. I'm sure your DD was a beautiful bride. Did it get to 97° like they predicted? It's about that down here. I have seen 100° on the thermometer in my car. We don't have a decent thermometer at the house so I never know what the temp. is.

Anne, how is Toby doing?

Kate, I envy you camping in the cool mountains. Well, at least I hope it's cool for you.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Ali
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 03:39 PM   #33  
Lucyee

Hi! Everyone, Hope you are enjoying a nice Sunday.
Nkki, Sounds like your DD's Wedding was great. Congrats again. You must have felt so proud. Gosh, it sure looks like you have been through, so much, with your injuries, as well. Thank God, you are doing a little better, now.
Ali, Yes, Frank Sinatra was born in this little city, across the river from Manhatten, NY. In fact, the park across the street from me is dedicated to him and there is a lot here to remind you of him. One restaurant, only plays his music and his pictures are all over the Wall. The cafe in the park is named Sinatra Park. Sorry, your joints are stiffening up, too. Once you get moving, they do get better, but getting started is hard. Thanks for the encouraging words, about my DH. We were lucky to get good news, after last scans. Hope it continues.
Katie, Hope you are enjoying the mountaiAnens.
Barb, Hope you are having a good Sunday. Anne, Hi and have a good day.
TTYL. Lucyee
Lucyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 08:08 AM   #34  

Good morning everyone,

Well, we managed to get by one day without having a thunder storm roll through. These thunder storms are starting to get old.

Lucy, do you ever get to Manhattan? That is one of my favorite places. Before DH & I moved to FL, my cousin & I would go to NYC a weekend or two after Thanksgiving with a tour group to see the sights, do some shopping, and see the Christmas Show at Radio City Music Hall. Hope everything went well for you yesterday on your first day of your new eating program.

Hi Anne, Nikki, Kate, Barb Hope things are going well for you. Kate, hope you're having a wonderful time.

Talk to you later,
Ali

Old 07-19-2005, 11:40 AM   #35  
Lucyee

HI!
Ali, I am doing pretty good so far, and am trying low carbing on the flex plan. I still have to get to the grocery store and get some more fruit and salad stuff. Wow, once you get sidetracked, you have to start all over again. Glad you got away without a Thunder storm, yesterday. It is very hot and humid here, in NJ. Surpirsed it hasn't rained here, yet, but it did in some parts of the state, yesterday and they had big time flooding. Thank God, we don't get that. Your trips to Manahattan sound like they were so much fun, for you and your friends. I used to go in with my Dh to see shows and that, but we don't go as often, as we used to. Between my legs and joint problem and his not feeling all that well, it has been less recently. My niece from MD. loves to come and stay with me, with her GF and then, the two of them head into the city, for sales and shopping trips and shows. I enjoy that they can do it and stay here, with me. Hope you have a good day.
Big hello to: Barb, Nikki, Kate and Anne.
Stay cool, wherever you are. TTYL. Lucyee
Old 07-19-2005, 12:18 PM   #36  

Hi everyone

DH and I are starting to work on the house again (Lucee, we are remodeling and right now, we are putting on new siding and installing new windows). It's not as hot as it was, but tomorrow, it's suppose to be close to 100. That will be miserable. We need to run up to the lumbaryard to get a few supplies, so I'm waiting for DH to take a shower and then we will get going. We already got some of the boards on this morning on one section.

Ali, if you could only send some of that rain up here. We did get a shower the other night. I ran out at midnight to take the canvas cover off my gazebo. They said the next day that the winds were blowing at 65 mph when I was struggling with that darned thing blowing all over the place.

Kate must be camping, anyone remember how long she will be gone?

Anne, how's the puppy doing?

Barb, hope your job is going well and that your doing ok.

Lucee, after the 1st year of my accident, I was so angery all that year. I went from working 8-16 hours a day, 6-7 days a week- to no work, a good pay check to nothing. Then one day, I realized my muscles had atrophied to the point that I could only sit up for 5 minutes and then had to lay down exhausted. It was a turning point for me. I knew if I didn't fight it, I'd be an invalid the rest of my life. I started to look at it as a gift. I am a completely different person than I was 5 years ago and much happier and healthier for it. I also know, I would never have met all of you guys and it's been a wonderful experience to have you all to talk to.

Anyway, I went to McD's yesterday with DD#2 and had their apple walnut salad. It was pretty good and I knew I could make it at home, minus the candied walnuts. I came home and stirred up some FF yogurt with splenda and vanilla, sliced a banana, added a handfull of blueberries and mixed this all together. I was shocked, it was good! Anybody else have any quick, easy snack ideas that they like to eat?

Well, looks like DH is about ready to go, so I'll TTYL (as Lucee says ) Nikki
nikkic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 07:54 AM   #37  

Hello everyone,

I forgot to mention in yesterday's post that late Mon. afternoon I happened to look out my kitchen window, and a mother raccoon and her little ones were walking through our neighbor's back yard. They were so cute.

Nikki, how did everything go working on the house? I hope it stayed cool for you yesterday. Hope you don't get the 100° weather today. I wish I could send some rain your way. Your snack sounds yummy! That's a good idea sharing snack ideas. Now that DD #2 has been married 5 days, how does she like married life so far?

Lucy, that's nice your niece comes and stays with you so she can visit NYC. When we were a lot younger, that same cousin & I had an aunt who lived in NYC, who we visited as much as we could. How is your low carbing going?

Anne, how are things going with you so far this week? Hope isn't being her usual self. How is Toby?

Barb, hope things at work are going well for you. Are your mother and sisters still in St Padre Islands? Hope they're not there for Emily. How is you SIL doing?

Hi Kate

My snack idea. Take a small box of any flavor fat-free, sugar-free pudding, and add 2 cups fat-free plain yogurt. Mix it for 2 min. Cover, and refrigerate (or you could eat a serving right away). Makes 4 1/2 cup servings, or 2 1 cup servings. My favorite pudding for this is cheesecake flavor.

Enjoy your Wednesday everyone.

Ali

Old 07-20-2005, 08:47 AM   #38  

Good morning,
Wow, what a big ad that loads before this page. I saw in the upper right corner the skip this ad box, so I clicked on that,

It was hot yesterday, but we ran out of material, so had to go to the lumbaryard. DH is working on the house now and he doesn't need any help, so I've been piddling around the house and yard. Got lots of cherry tomatoes and green peppers picked and still have some beets to pull up.

Ali, I think DD is very happy, I haven't talked to her since Sunday, she has been at work and is gone from 1030am to 730pm so unless she calls me, I don't call her, as I know how tired she is. She does most of the yard work and the house work, so she is always busy. He goes to school part time as well as works full time, so he's busy too. I still can't get use to the idea that she has a different last name though.
Love your snack idea, I'll have to go to the store and get some ff yogurt now

Hope everyone else is doing ok. Take care everyone, Nikki
Old 07-20-2005, 08:50 AM   #39  

Hello again...

OOPS! In my snack idea, I forgot to mention it's instant pudding.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:31 PM   #40  

Hi Guys,
Work is nuts. is up to her ususal ways. She has made my co worker
an absolute nervous wreck. The poor soul was sobbing and crying. My new tatic for dealing with is to agree with everything she says so she can't argue with me

Toby is a sweet heart. I hoping to have pictures emailed by this weekend!!
He has brought real joy to our lives David seems to be really enjoying
the puppy too!!

Nikki, I am so happy to hear the wedding went well My congratulations to
your daughter

Ali, our place has so many racoons too! We see them every day even during
the day!!!!

Kate, I hope your vacation is relaxing and alot of fun!!!!

Hi Barb, Hi Lucy!!
Better go or I'll be getting some from

Anne.
ANNE D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 06:39 PM   #41  
Lucyee

HI Everyone, Well, today I walked to the store and the heat was terrible, here in NJ. I am sure everyone else is having a time of it, too.
Anne, Sounds like that person you work with is something else. Your tactic seems to be a good way to handle someone, as angry as that. If you don't react to her, she can't argue with you. Hope she stops making your co worker cry.
Nikki, I hope you and your DH managed working on the house, in the terrible heat, okay. Thanks for sharing all that you have gone through with your joints etc.. It is an inspiration, to keep going like you did and that there is hope in everything and something to be grateful for.
ALi, Thanks for the recipe, for the snack. It sounds delcious. Have you seen the Raccoon family, anymore. It must be swelterng in FL. Hang in there.
Barb, Big Wave, Hope you are not working too hard.
Kate, Hope you are having fun, in the mountains.
As far as my low carbing, I am doing okay, although, I really had to cut way back on bread, big time. I was eating more bread, than I thought. Am replacing it, with more protein and I am sure, I will begin to feel more energetic, after I get going.
Have a good night ladies and stay cool. Lucyee
Old 07-21-2005, 07:50 AM   #42  

Hi there!

Yesterday I walked with Leslie, the 2 mile walk, and I used the hand weights. I plan on using the hand weights every other day.

Anne, I feel so bad for your co worker. I don't know what is wrong with her, ( ). Is there anyone higher up that you both could go to and complain? That's a great way to handle by agreeing with her all the time. Glad that Toby is there to greet you when you get home. There is nothing like a wagging tail and an excited dog to greet you at the door. That is so good your son David is enjoying the puppy. Is it still hot and humid where you are?

Nikki, Ya, I got that ad too. Did you get your F/F yogurt? After I posted that I realized I hadn't had it in a while so I went out later and got some S/F-F/F lemon pudding (one flavor I haven't tried) and some F/F yogurt. How did things go yesterday with the house siding?

Lucy, that's great news about you walking to the store! No, I haven't seen the racoon family again. DH was hoping to see them on his day off, but they haven't come around again. It is hot here in FL whenever I run errands, my back is soaking wet by the time I get home. I have noticed though that I'm drinking a lot more water than I used to. As Martha Stewart would say, it's a good thing.

Hi Kate & Barb!

Talk to you later,
Ali
Old 07-22-2005, 08:36 PM   #43  
Hang In There

Hi Gang, We a lot has gone on in m life since I posted Saturday. It started when I got a call to go pick my mother up from work because she was sick. When I got there I found out that she had passed out. She said she was just tired from too much traveling and fun, so we didn't think much about it. By Monday afternoon she was worse and so week she could hardly set up so we took her to the ER. To make a long hard story short, she have 4 tumors in her brrain, tumors in her right kidney, on her thryoid, and several in her lungs and chest cavity. The are a very aggressive quick moving type cancer and they are in stage 4. We brought her home today and she starts radiation in her head Tuesday. They said it will help shrink the tumors that are there and keep more from forming, it is supposed to help her maintain sme quality of life, during this time.
Add that t0 having a new j0b, and i haven't thught ab0ut what I was eating, and I haven't d0ne much exercise all week, and I haven't had time fr the cmputer

Glad all f yu are ding 0kay. Guess what letter is sticking!!!

Barb.g
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 08:59 PM   #44  

Barb,

I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I will keep her and your family and you in my prayers. You have been under so much stress lately, it would be impossible for me to think about or worry about what I was eating or exercising. Just know we are here any time you need to talk.
Take care, Nikki
Old 07-23-2005, 06:34 AM   #45  

Barb, I am so sorry about your mother. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. You have an awful lot going on in your life right now so don't be too hard on yourself about not eating right and not exercising. I do know what you're going through now with your mother. As Nikki said, we're here for you.
Ali