Old 07-29-2005, 10:58 AM   #76  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning...ladies.

I did okay yesterday. We even went to Dairy Queen and I had my Diet Coke with crushed ice. Kind of like a slushie.. Tasted great to me.

Hey, I'll have to get back here in a bit. I have to do a little research for my hubby. He has some service calls he has to do out of town and needs me to find directions.

TTFN,

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 09:13 AM   #77  

Default I am back!

Hello, all- Sorry I have not been around, had to lock the computer cabinet, as my 13 yr old nephew was visiting. That was a nightmare- he just refused to listen, so on Wed, I drove him back to NY early. But now I am back.

Welcome, Erica- I've never done birth control, but am trying to lose baby weight here too.
Carly, I am glad the no(or less)- sugar diet is working for you.

Well, I have not been doing too well with the diet thing. Stopped counting cals, and doing very little excercise. I think i've gained 2 lbs.- Funny, that only took 2 weeks, but it took me 5 mos. to lose 8 lbs! So, tomorrow I am starting again. I am planning on hitting the gym(or running) no less than 5x a week, and keeping the cals to 1500-1700. I am sooo sick of this weight not moving. I would LOVE to lose 10 lbs. a month- it is doable, but will take a lot. I have not weighed myself on the gym scale, which is the one I use, so I will let you all know where I stand, and what is my progress.
Today sucks. The babies( 6 mos old now) decided that 4 am was an acceptable time to wake up again . They just went to sleep at 8:30am. I am BEAT(and pissed) and not doing anything today, but I will watch my cals....
I hope everyone else is doing great, I have tried to read the back posts, sounds like everyone is pretty upbeat. Hopefully this time I will be able to keep up. Have a great weekend, ladies.
Tonkasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 12:10 PM   #78  
Focus on the Process

Kim, so the babies were messing with ya early this a.m. Hopefully you get a nap in later. I've had many a night like that. My sympathies to you hon. I know what it feels like to be all tired from one baby being awake too early, but I can't imagine what its like with two.

As far as my weight loss...I'm at 199 now. But I've been doing some reading and thinking and I know that I'm not doing enough or eating quite the way I should. I keep getting discouraged by my lack of success but I can say, honestly, that I haven't been giving it all that I could. So this morning, I measured my cereal and milk. That's one thing I know I have been wrong on...Portions! The sugar thing is another. I stayed away from it yesterday but then ate some potatoes. That has the same effect on me. I'm getting somewhere I suppose, since I can identify some of my triggers now. I can do this!

back to the "mom" and "housekeeper" mentality. I gotta finish up the stuff I started. Fun stuff! (extreme sarcasm). Later I am going to my sister's house to scrapbook. I'm kind of waiting around the house for my oldest daughter to come home. She's picking up more clothes to take back with her. She's been staying the last couple days at her cousin's house and helping out in their restaurant. She's having a great time. Kind of hard to let her go. She's only about 120 miles away but.... She'll be back next Sat.

BBL-Gotta go.

~chris
Old 07-31-2005, 09:34 AM   #79  

Chris- portion control is really disappointing in the beginning, but you do get used to it after a while. I was totally shocked to figure out how much I was REALLY eating vs. how much I should've been eating. Now I still measure, but I have a pretty good idea of what is too much. I say, keep at it- just measure and weigh everything for a couple of weeks, and see if it doesn't help. As far as the sugar goes, I don't cut carbs, just eat the good ones, but good luck w/ that.

I got some sleep last night MIL took them again- bless that woman! Went for a dog walk this am and am going to try to take the babies out in the stroller later, weather permitting. I feel soooo much more positive today- I even looked in the mirror (full-lenghth) to take an honest inventory, and didn't even feel all the bad- I used to cry but today I just saw the improvement and the potential for even more. God, I love sleep.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Bye for now
Tonkasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 08:24 PM   #80  
Focus on the Process

Kim, God bless the MIL who takes the babes.... My SIL is taking my middle daughter tonight. ANd my oldest went back to Harlow with her cousins until Saturday. That leaves one little one to contend with.

I'm not going to cut all the carbs out....just the bad ones. I enjoy the sweet stuff too much. If I can stay away from refined things, I should be good. Potatoes, rice, sugar, etc....BAD BAD BAD for me.

I didn't get much regular exercise in this weekend. BEen to busy with projects here and there. But that has kept me from snacking, so that is good.

I better go and get dinner ready. TTFN,

~chris
Old 08-01-2005, 05:52 AM   #81  

Default Good morning

Goodmorning ladies,

did everyone Miss me...LOL...

well i had a great time in Maine.. it is so nice and peaceful there.. but the eating thing well i didnt do so well .. you know how it is your outside... there is a big camp fire.. you have to eat smore's... and 1 never does it you have to have 2..LOL... so my tummy is telling me all about it.. so i am back on the wagon today.. i need to stop fooling myself by saying well its just today i am doing bad.. because for some reason today turns into tomorrow and so on and so on.. i know you ladies know what i mean..

you all sound like you are doing great.. keep up the good work.. today is day number 8 from not smoking.. yippy for me... and i really dont feel to bad at all... beside i really want the sugar.. but i will get over that..

well i have to clean and get ready for work.. i hope you all have a great day and i will check back in later night...

carly
carlytaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 07:18 PM   #82  
Focus on the Process

Starting a new thread....

August is here. Time for a new one. If you're new and want to follow us, click on my screen name and scroll down to "find more posts" ...

TTFN...
~chris