Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 12:08 PM   #16  
Losing it!

I use an egg or two in my meatloaf to hold it together. I also use dry oatmeal or crushed up saltine crackers instead of the bread like Dee. For flavor, I sometimes chop up onion and green pepper. My recipes goes something like this:

ground beef or a mixture of ground beef/ground turkey
chopped onion/green pepper
tomato sauce
egg
oatmeal or crushed crackers
Mix together until it makes a goopy mess....instead of one large loaf, I like to use a measuring cup and make small individual portions, it bakes faster and is easier to measure out calories. About 10-15 minutes left of baking time, I lightly add some ketchup to the surface of the meatloaf.

Actually, my nephew and I have had a few contacts throughout the years, but I never wanted to intrude when his father (my brother) was involved. They have basically dropped all contact with each other. He is planning a trip to come up this summer if all works out. He is divorced, two kids, cowboy from Texas.

Sherry, the concert will be the Country Stampede in Manhattan, Kansas. Basically it sits out in the middle of a huge pasture with no shade trees whatsoever! To keep up your strength and to not dehydrate, it is required one must drink all the beer they can! LOL! They have a stage setup with large screens on each side. Year before last I missed the chance to go backstage to meet Keith Urban, we needed to come home early!

My mothers health depends if I get to go or not. She had an appointment today to do x-rays and check for fluid accumilation... we had to cancel because she now has a bladder/kidney infection. She has all the indications, burning while urinating, urgency and now blood in the urine. The doctor called in antibiotics and we will go next Monday to the medical center.

Vickster, what plan are you following? You can't ever leave us again! If you do, I'm coming and hunting you down.

Dee, I wish I could cook like you! I am like my sig. CHEAP, FAST & EASY all the way!! LOL!

Have you girls tried the Jennie-O brand of turkey burgers? They come in a box, so I was leary purchasing something I could not see. I purchased the original instead of the seasoned patties. They cook up just like beef burgers and even turn brown instead of staying the white shade that turkey usually does. They are 160 calories per patty. Last night we grilled a few, they are really good and remind me of a very lean beef patty.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:17 PM   #17  

Shelley you asked how Desiree's bottom is doing....well she went for the last time yesterday for the dressing change. She has just a little pain now. There is a small lump there and it could be a defense wall that her body put up or if it starts to grow they will have to operate again.

Gayle I came back to edit my post because I had remembered that I forgot the egg. You beat me to it. lol Baking and cooking is enjoyable for me. I love trying new recipes and I read my cookbooks all the time. Larry thinks that I am sick.

Well now I have to tell you that Desiree has decided to move out. We found her an apartment yesterday. It is very close to home. I am comfortable with that. Larry thought that it was a big step for her but I think that when she went to school last year she was three hours away living in a dorm. This is similar but closer to home and really living on her own. She will have to do her own cooking. We are trying to round up some used furniture for her so that she won't have to buy much. We are not financially supporting this move. It is her choice since she has a hard time keeping the few rules we have. We insist that she does a job a day here. It might consist of sweeping the floor or dusting, cutting the grass or cleanning the bathrooms. They aren't jobs that take a lot of time or effort. Or the other option is she can pay $100 rent instead of doing the jobs. She has two consequences to live with right now from the wild birthday party she ended up having here. ( I can't remember if I shared with you.) The consequences are no friends over and no computer. She has been sneaky and broken both of these consequences. We confronted her with this and told her we were disappointed and that she needed to come up with another consequence besides these two. She didn't think that the consquences were fair and it was to big of a punishment. We disagreed. She decided that the best thing for her was to move out. It is going to be tough on her financially but she is working full time and going to get a second job. It is going to cost her a bundle instead of $100 or 28 jobs for the month. The other thing that she said that she was dissapointed in was that our relationship changed when she came home. We were closer when she lived away from home and I didn't have to be a parent then. Now I have to inforce rules which affects our friendship. So we both feel at peace about this decision because we can be better friends this way. I love her to death but I can't live with her.

Now that I have ranted and raved it is time to get some laundry done.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:58 PM   #18  

Dee-You recipe sounds yummy. I think I'll try it without Mike knowing that I changed his. I think he just uses the bread crumbs and onion soup mix. I think you are doing what is best for your relationship with Dez. It's a shame that she has to test your limits. She'll find out just how hard it is to make ends meet and how easy she really had it at home.

Vicki-I hope your headache is better. Do you get them often? You still haven't mentioned how your mom is. Please let us know. BTW, are you still red hattin' it??

Sherry-Shows you how much I know about country music. I never heard of that before, that's why I thought you were working a football game. I didn't think it was football season yet.

Gayle-Is the music festival you are going to the one that you have the Blue Bunny booth at?

Debbie-When are you coming to Fl.? We haven't heard from you in a few days. Hope you are okay.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:25 PM   #19  

Dee,
I agree with Shelley.I hate that it came down to Dez not wanting to do her part and test yours/hers limits. She's got a lot to learn out on her own. She'll have bills,responabilities,etc. A whole lot more then just dusting,taking out trash, mowing etc.She'll have it ALL now. But that's how they LEARN! I think it's a wonderful decision and I hope it all works out. You two were close last time she moved out so I'm praying it will be just like it this time too.

I was very lucky with my boys. They are both neat freaks!! I never had to make them clean their rooms or anything else. You would die if you saw Drew's room! In his closet (a huge walk-in), he has all his winter clothes hung up on one side & his summer clothes on the other side. Plus, all his shirts are hung together, pants etc. It's unreal! His friends can't believe how clean & neat he is. Chris was always like this too but Chris always kept his socks & underwear color-coordinated in his drawers!! Sounds unbelievable for guys huh????

Anyway, sounds like ya'll made a good choice and good luck to both you & Dez!!!
Old 06-14-2005, 05:20 PM   #20  

Sherry wow in my dreams do I wish my kids were neater. I am a neat freak so it is pretty tough living with Dez. She is total opposite of me. After she moved home she knew we meant business that she couldn't leave her stuff all over the place. That is the one thing that she did follow better than before. We are both at peace with her leaving. Once she told me her decision I was happy about it and trying to help her decided how much rent she can afford and looking at apartments. We are close again knowing that this nightmare of living together for now is over. The funny thing about what you said Sherry is so true she will have a whole lot more to do now. How ironic, I never thought about that before.

Shelley I have also used onion soup mix before as my seasonings . Good luck with the meat loaf. Gayle was saying that she makes them into mini loafs, I use muffin tins sometimes when I am in a hurry. Let me know what your family thinks.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:52 AM   #21  

Sherry-It's no wonder that Drew takes after his perfect mother!!

Dee-Mike won't let me put the BBQ sauce into the mix. I'll put some ketchup in instead.

Gayle-Do you use much BM Warmth? If so, I have so much since I am in the club, I'd like to give you some. I think I've got 3 or 4 tubs of it.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:24 AM   #22  

Hey gals ...Just checking in

The headache is almost gone and i don't get them that often but when i do ..Whew!!!
Shelley I was done in Tampa the 2nd week of May to visit my parents and sister and the weather was beautiful and MOM is doing ok for her state of mind. She has dementia and she is slipping everyday with being confused of what is real and not. It has been hard on my Dad & sister b/c they are there everyday.
My youngest sister is having a pool built & boy is it going to be lavish like her house. They live in New Tampa-Tampa Palms if that gives you an idea where they live.

Eddie & Cara are doing well ..Eddie just had some bottom teeth taken out and needs a partial ..oh boy!!!! The man can drive me crazy at times but I love him.

Cara & her boyfriend are still together and wanting to move in together at the summer ends. Cara is very goal oriented and very grounded that if she does do this I know that she will be ok. I like this boyfriend he is nice and well mannered but just not as mature as my Cara and that bothers me but I trust her judgement and just will be there if she needs me.

I like i said have been extremely depressed over everything that has gone on with the family that it finally took its toal on me and now i can say i am better and have a better outlook

Someone asked what plan i am on and I am on my plan of eat everything in site and really have not seen anything but being FAT and that is disgusting...I hate to look at myself in the mirror b/c the woman looking back sure ain't me. (really is tho)

Well better get off the kids will be arriving and YES to who asked do i still watch children.....That hasn't changed....

Love ya
Old 06-15-2005, 09:15 AM   #23  
Losing it!

Vickster: I find it helps to visilize my plate 1/2 full of veggies, 1/4 carbs and 1/4 protein. Such as, make a HUGE stirfry of veggies and only add a few ounces of meat (protein) and only allow yourself 1 serving of noodles or rice. It really helps me to fill up on veggies or fruit. Although, I am still up on my weight since my scale battery fiasco! LOL!

Shelley, I use warmth, but just a tiny bit of it after I have all my other stuff on. What club are you in? Yes, the concert will be for BB, this is the only way we can afford to go.

Dee, Dez will gain knowledge from the move. Almost every young adult thinks the grass is greener on the other side until reality sets in! I remember being sooooo hungry with no food in the house... I rummaged around and found a few saltine crackers, for my meal that day, I had crackers with cocktail sauce on top. Now how gross is that?? LOL!

Sher, how's the wrist? Have you ever met Trace Atkins at the fanfairs? I LOVE him! He seems like such a nice person. Can Drew come spend the summer with me to help get me organized once again?? LOL! Liz is a slob deluxe, Allison leaves a trail around her...must be a girl thing. I do the housecleaning because they piss me off when they help. They seem to only half-a** do it. Liz also refuses to put towels away for me... I have a certain way of folding and placing in the closet. I guess I'm Anal. LOL!

Well, getting ready to go mow, fun, fun.....
Old 06-15-2005, 06:40 PM   #24  

Vicki-I've never heard of New Tampa. I'll have to ask my brother where it is. I'm going to Tampa on July 7th with my DD Becky to checkout University of Tampa and University of South Fl. We're just going up for the day. My friend's mom has dementia. I know how hard it is to cope with. I'm so sorry that you have all this pain going on with your family. The harsh reality is that as we get older, our families to too. It's so hard to watch happen.

Gayle-I am in the BE club. They ship it to me every other month. Actually, I have decided to do it every 3 months, since the stuff lasts so long. I just wish they didn't ship the warmth. I hardly use it at all.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:00 AM   #25  

Shelley...I had never heard of New Tampa either when my sister said she was moving there but she said it's more TampaPalms than the other. University of South Florida is right across the street from where my parents live they live in John Knox Village. My mom has always been my best friend and it is extremely hard getting use to not talking to her on a daily basis about what's going on with each other. My dad has been wonderful to her and treats her like a king. He lives in an apt in the village and walks across the parking lot where she is to spend the day with her.

Well i went to the doc's today b/c of headaches and everything A-OK just from stress and lack of sleep ( who would of thunk it) and surprisingly lost 4lbs. Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Well better get and run...Have a Happy Day
Old 06-16-2005, 05:06 PM   #26  

Vicki congrats on the weight loss. I guess it is time for a holiday, you can relax and get some sleep....lol

Shelley how was your meat loaf with ketchup? I sometimes do that in a pinch too. We finally have some sun. It has been sunny the last two days. Hot too. Now I know what you must feel like Shelley. Tampa is the only forcast that I see on our weather channel that I see, so I can keep my eye on you. It has other american cities but none of you live there.

Gayle I love moving out on my own when I was 16. It was the best time of my life. That may be why I don't understand Jay wanting to stay here yet. Life begins when you move away from home. We didn't have much but it was fun. Want to know something gross. We had mice in the suite that we rented in the house we lived in. Well I bought a big bag of flour and the mouse pooped in it, I just picked it out of my pie dough and used it because I couldn't afford to through it out. Another story is we didn't have a pot for kraft dinner so I used our big kettle, it was full of scale so that was our extra crunch with our dinner. Yuck. Hard to believe that I loved these times. We have so much more now but it meant so much more then.

Well better go get dinner ready. Larry won tickets to the football game tonight.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:28 PM   #27  

Dee-Now how did Larry win the tickets? You 2 are always winning things. I wish I had 1/3 of your luck!

Vicki-Yay on the weight loss! I'll have to check out New Tampa when I'm there on July 7.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:13 PM   #28  
Losing it!

Great job on the weight loss Vickster!!!!!

Shelley, I never win anything either! I even fold my registration forms in quirkey ways etc..... doesn't seem to work like they say!! LOL!

Dee, I keep forgetting you married so young. How many years have you guys been married now??

What are you guys doing for Fathers day??? We will be celebrating a birthday and fathers day later in the evening at my mothers house. She will turn 79 on Tuesday. Allison is giving her father a "butt cushion" for when he rides his bike plus a baseball cap. Liz is doing a computer game and adding to his shooters collection. I picked out a nice bottle of Cab Sav to enjoy when we are alone some time.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:25 AM   #29  
Losing it!

For those of you that wear shorts, what brand of jean shorts do you buy?
Old 06-17-2005, 10:25 AM   #30  

Gayle-I haven't bought shorts in years. I just keep wearing the same ones that I've had. I wear more capri jeans than anything. I've seen some nice jeans shorts at Sam's, believe it or not.

What brand iron do you ladies use? I need a new one. My teflon coating on my Black and Decker keeps coming off.
Closed Thread