View Poll Results: Are you surprised that SPILLIE admitted she was wrong about the whole Corona thing?
Yes, I almost fell over...now give me another Corona! 4 80.00%
No, now give me another Corona! 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2006, 08:56 AM   #2596  
The Vegas Strip

Good morning, TWIDDLE. I've never heard of MasterCook. Thanks for the heads up on the Panini's. I used to get my grocery store circulars on Thursdays, but lately they haven't been coming until Friday! Grrr! I will definitely be making DBF eat stuff out of the freezer so that I can make more room for LC!!!

SPILLIE: When I lived in my apartment I used to hear squirrels on the roof...the first time I heard them I thought to myself "Oh, the people upstairs have a dog!" until I remembered I was on the top floor...LMFAO!
VIVA~GIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:19 AM   #2597  
PR Aug 2005

I just would love to know how this little cute things that I even give food to at the parks, can make so much noise. OMG! they were driving me crazy. It didn't help any that I couldn't sleep anyway because I couldn't breath. DH used to tell me that he was going to put poison out by the tree so that it would stop. We argue all the time about it, now I'm the one thinking about putting the poison out there.
SPILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:40 AM   #2598  
♪ Rock on! ♪

.......I am NOT, I repeat NOT an event planner! Maybe I should open a side business or something. I can't deal with this today. My 9am went til 10:30 when my other appt came in (I all but was planning that event)...they were here all of 5 minutes. What a waste...not my fault they waited til the last minute and I don't have the date they wanted available.

FYI: ROCKER IS NOT AN EVENT PLANNER OR WEDDING PLANNER....'NUFF SAID.
RockerChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 11:08 AM   #2599  
The Vegas Strip

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerChick
.......I am NOT, I repeat NOT an event planner! Maybe I should open a side business or something. I can't deal with this today. My 9am went til 10:30 when my other appt came in (I all but was planning that event)...they were here all of 5 minutes. What a waste...not my fault they waited til the last minute and I don't have the date they wanted available.

FYI: ROCKER IS NOT AN EVENT PLANNER OR WEDDING PLANNER....'NUFF SAID.

WHAT?!??! I was going to come to you when I get married. I hear you arrange chocolate fountains and everything???
Old 01-06-2006, 11:19 AM   #2600  
♪ Rock on! ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA~GIRL

WHAT?!??! I was going to come to you when I get married. I hear you arrange chocolate fountains and everything???
LMAO...I'd do it for you, VIVA but not these whackos! I don't get paid nearly enough for that!
Old 01-06-2006, 11:23 AM   #2601  
The Vegas Strip

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerChick
LMAO...I'd do it for you, VIVA but not these whackos! I don't get paid nearly enough for that!
WHEW!!! I was feeling SOOOOO let down for a minute. I'm ALL better though!

And dreaming of the chocolate fountain!!!!!
Old 01-06-2006, 11:26 AM   #2602  
♪ Rock on! ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA~GIRL
WHEW!!! I was feeling SOOOOO let down for a minute. I'm ALL better though!

And dreaming of the chocolate fountain!!!!!
Well I have a lead on a chocolate fountain for you, just say the word! LMFAO!
Old 01-06-2006, 11:42 AM   #2603  
♪ Rock on! ♪

ROCKER is having a very hard time getting her water to go down today. This is NOT like ROCKER at all. WTF?

Last edited by RockerChick; 01-06-2006 at 11:52 AM.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:20 PM   #2604  
The Vegas Strip

VIVA has only had 2 liters so far today...probably because she drank her coffee in the office instead of home, resulting in a water delay!
Old 01-06-2006, 12:35 PM   #2605  
The Vegas Strip

ROCKER: This Chicken Club Panini is good! I definitely recommend it. And so are these Lays 1/2 Light BBQ chips...20 of them for 1 point! Can't beat that. And I honestly don't think they taste bad or fake!

I'm working on my THIRD liter of water.

Old 01-06-2006, 01:25 PM   #2606  
Sarge

I'm so looking forward to trying those paninis. If they weren't going on sale on Sunday, I might be tempted to pick one up tonight. But alas, I gotta save some money. I wwwaaayyy overspent in the last couple of months, so I've put myself on temporary restriction. *sigh*

The restriction doesn't apply to lunch today, though, and I can't decide what I want, but I'm starving. I'm torn between a Subway value meal (6" ham) or a Greek salad from Saladworks. I can't decide!!!

MasterCook is a cooking/recipe software package. It comes with a bunch of recipes, and you can upload some from various websites, as well as enter your own. The NI is calculated (kinda like the on-line recipe builder), and you can search for recipes using a variety of constraints, like fat, fiber, calories, etc., or ingredients. You can also enter in things you have in your pantry, and it'll search the recipes to tell you what you can make. I've only used it a couple of days so far, but I'm looking forward to using it regularly.
twiddle-my-thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:31 PM   #2607  
The Vegas Strip

TWIDDLE: If you have an ACME near you they are on sale there for $1.99 until 1/12.

That MasterCook thingy sounds neat!
Old 01-06-2006, 01:37 PM   #2608  
Sarge

Ohhhhhh...I'm going to Acme tonight, so I will peruse that area as well. Thanks for the heads-up!
Old 01-06-2006, 01:47 PM   #2609  
♪ Rock on! ♪

I'm baaaaccccckkkk! Miss me?

Well, I was able to get lunch down and now I feel a bit better....am gonna force this water down if it kills me! Still working on my first 64oz!

ROCKER just had a bad sneezing fit but was able to reach her box of EAGLES tissues before making a mess on her computer! HAH!

Hey TWIDDLE....speaking of the EAGLES, when I was home for lunch I watched Comcast Sports Net during the commercials of The Young and The Restless.....Brad Childress is now the head coach for the Vikings!

Old 01-06-2006, 01:59 PM   #2610  
Sarge

Yeah, I read this morning that the deal was likely. Not sure if that's okay for us or not...guess we'll see!

Oh, one other thing I forgot to mention about MasterCook...if you set up your meal plan using recipes in the system, you can create a shopping list, too. Then you can see what you have, what you need, and add things if you need things that aren't a part of the recipes. If it's something it recognizes, it'll populate what section the food is in. You can then sort the list by section, so everything for a section is listed together. I haven't figured out how to add ingredients, etc., yet, but I know you can do that too, and add the NI so it'll recognize it in the future. Pretty neat stuff!