Old 06-22-2005, 11:57 AM   #121  

OK. Real quick NSV to report. I was sitting here at work, doing paperwork. My butt was dragging a bit. So, I decided to go get some caffeine. Normally, this would be my internal justification to get some chocolate, or other very sugary treat. But, I was able to go, get a soda, and bypass the food. (The soda is, of course, diet).

This is HUGE for me right now, as the food demons are still very much present.

Talk to you all later.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 01:51 PM   #122  

Way to go jolly! Taking this one step at a time is great advice for all of us.
Roxymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 04:17 PM   #123  

Great accomplishment to bypass the chocolate and other treats! It's just SOOOO hard to do.
In one of my local grocery stores I found Weight Watchers candy in small packages, they are so "cute" and made by Whitmans. Two pieces are two points, you can still have some candy and in a very portion controled way if you can find these things.
I had the peppermint patties today after lunch and I didn't feel guilty!
Food has been good today and I just finished cleaning out that kitchen cupboard and it took almost all day. I ended up washing the floor as well as a soda got spilled in there at lunchtime. Have washed it FOUR times so far and it's still sticky. I hate that feeling of walking on a sticky floor.
I just looked on line for low fat cornbread recipes and found a couple of them. I will try one and see how it comes out. I love cornbread and want it for dinner with chicken, but don't want the excess calories that are usually part of it. The one I found has ff buttermilk and egg white in it. Sounds ok?
I was on my treadmill for 20 minutes this morning as well as did a half hour work out tape concentrating on inner and outer thighs as well as arms/shoulders today. I'll be sore tomorrow, but it felt good.
Take care everyone, feeling good and strong in NH,
Linda
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 04:43 PM   #124  

Linda it sounds like you have been very busy today! I love the way I feel after a good workout. Hopefully you won't be too sore. Thanks for the tip on the candy. I'll have to look for it around here.

Kathy
Old 06-22-2005, 10:27 PM   #125  

Hi all. I am hoping I can do my run tomorrow. I was cleaning my horse's feet, when he had a random neural firing and reared. In my scramble to get out from under him, I munched my gluts. Raven should relate!

I do have another NSV to report. I had to go to Sam's Club to pick up some stuff for work. It was "happy hour" but I went through the store without eating any of the samples they had out. This for me is huge.

My eating for the day was still not great.

Exercise: 30 minutes cardio, 2 sets weights

Breakfast: 2 sausage McMuffins, 1 order hashbrowns
Lunch: Ham and cheese sandwich, carrots, light pringles, apple, sf yogurt
Dinner: salad, 2 large helpings chicken alfredo (though I did throw out all the leftover pasta and freeze the leftover sauce).

Have a good one all.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:36 AM   #126  
Student of the Hoof

*lol* Jolly... I am not laughing at the situation, because I know how much of an adrenalin rush that can be, but .. 'random neural firing' *lol!! I love that.

I hope your butt feels better soon. Hey, to your credit, at least you didn't hang on under there and wrestle with him. *cough*
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:01 AM   #127  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hey guys, been reading the posts as I get notices but just have had no time to post, what with my challenge thread, that takes up just about most of my time for posting these days. Just wanted to say that I am doing very well with exercising and eating. I am allowing myself absolutely anything but just listening to my body and feelings (for taste, not emotional eating) and I really like it. Of course, I have been doing this dieting stuff and nutritional stuff for so many years, I KNOW what is good, what isn't and I'm listening to that. It's like cycling without training wheels. Feels great!

But I know everyone is at different stages in getting their eating together. So, more power to you. I just couldn't do the challenge you're doing to write everything down. It goes against what I'm trying to accomplish now. I may think of another challenge sometime but for now, the 21-day thing is enough. I have another week with that.

Well, gotta work. Keep up the good work everyone.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:14 AM   #128  

Good Morning to all!

Yesterday was a pretty good day for me. I did go over my points by 1 so I took that from my weekly allowance. I really do thing that writing everything down is helping. We will see what the scale says on Monday. The weekends are my hard days. That's when I really forget to write things down. Anyway, I plan to walk during lunch and then go the the gym after work. I had grape nut flakes with 1% milk for breakfast, lunch will be a WW frozen meal and a peach, dinner is going to be a sandwich and baked Lays. I will probably have a snack a Healthy Creations bar from Schwans. They are so good and have only 1 pt.

Red - glad to see you check in today!

Jolly - hope you get to run today. And congrats on making it through Sam's without sampling anything. That can be so hard to do!
Old 06-23-2005, 09:49 AM   #129  

Good morning all. Yeah, Raven, it was a rush. First thought was to get out from underneath him. The crab crawl scurry I did was what yanked my muscles. then, try to keep him from going over backwards. Luckily, others were there, and he was already calming down by the time I straightened up.

No, I did not get my run in this morning. I was still pretty sore. So, I did my yoga tape, in hopes that this would help stretch out the muscle. It did to a point. So I will try to run again tomorrow. If not, I will go to the gym and work out. But, at least I did do the yoga. So that's somehting.

Have a super day all.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:56 PM   #130  

It looks like the baby is going to end up with a pretty big scar. It doesn't look like it is healing together too well. I mean, there is a scab, and I don't think that's supposed to happen with stiches.
This dramatic week continues...my old cat (18 yrs!) seems to be dying
Part of me wants to take him to the vet, maybe he just needs fluids and he'll pull through. But the vet will cost an arm and a leg and he most likely is just dying.....I might take him laer today..it's such a hard decision. Poor kittycat.
Amazing with the week I've been having, I've been able to stay away from beer. I did do some stress eating yesterday, but not too bad. Peanuts and golfish crackers. So I get 2 more smileys!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 11:10 PM   #131  

Depending on how much they cleaned up the area before stitchiing, scabs are normal. Especially if there is some seepage around the actual stitch site. Hopefully, it will fade with time - they have those strips or cream or something you can put over it (post stitches I am sure) to help it fade. Good job on the not too bad stress eating. I am sorry about your cat.

OK. Here's today

Exercise: 1/2 mile walk, yoga tape
Breakfast: juice, omelet
Lunch: chips and salsa, chicken fajita salad (I didn't eat the bowl)
Supper: Chicken chef salad, apple
Snack: cheese rice cakes

Have a good one all.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:11 AM   #132  

Good morning all. Well, just checking in for the morning. I did manage a bit of a run this morning. I only did the short route, and I was VERY slow, but at least I got out there. Still a bit stiff in the thigh, and walking funny threw my ankle out. Ah well. I can do lots of stretches today and tomorrow, so we can have a great run on Sunday.

I feel guilty because my workouts weren't very hard yesterday and today. (again, the perfectionist) And it was really difficult to get moving today, as I skipped the run yesterday. Amazing how loud those workout demons can get in one day. but, I did overcome.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:29 AM   #133  

Happy Friday!

Jolly - I know what you mean about the workout demons! Skip one day and it's hard to block them out. Glad you got to run at least some today.

Apple - When my DD was 3 she got 5 stitches above her eye. It did scab over abit. She has a very little scar today. She is 19 now and you can't hardly see it unless you know where to look. Hope that helps. Congrats on the 3 smilies!

I had another really good day yesterday. Stayed within points and got my walk in at noon and went to the gym after work. Now if I can just keep it up through the weekend.

Have a good one!

Kathy
Old 06-24-2005, 08:42 PM   #134  

Good evening all.

Well, I had a good day overall. Spent the whole day with my mom. I love her, but for some reason, it always seems a bit stressful. like I think I have something to prove or something. Crazy, I know. But, we had a good day. I even don't feel like stress eating. It's a good thing.

So, my day:

Exercise: mini walk, aprox 1.5 mile jog (jog 9 walk 1), walk all over the mall.
Breakfast: juice, 2 grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, pickles, light pringles
lunch: hot and sour soup, 2 plates chinese food
snack: fat free frozen yogurt (small)
supper: 3 slices pizza.

OK. Not the best choices for food, but . . . And I may add a few sugar free fudgicles before I end the night - it is really hot up here. I do have a NSV, in that I did not polish of the whole pizza.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:56 PM   #135  

My kittycat died on Thursday night. We are all very sad. I have lived with him since I finished college, so we've been through alot together. He was a great cat. My husband always said he was more like a dog. (he's not a cat person) My 8 year old took it alot harder than I thought he would. I was suprised by his emotion. My daughter had a good cry too. We will miss him.
The baby had his stitches out this morning. He is fine. he's a happy little guy.
I made it 5 days with out beer, or any other drink for that matter. Tonight I'm going to my SIL's and I'm having one. Or 2. It's been a tough week.
Maybe next week I'll challenge my self to no desserts too. The scale isn't moving.
Well, have a great week end everyone!!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote