Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 09:27 PM   #91  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

P.S. I just saw lightning bugs outside for the first time this season. Love to see them come out.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:40 AM   #92  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Lightning bugs--yay! One of the few creatures with more than 4 legs that I don't feel the need to run away from

Aimee--I search on Petfinder.com because they have animals listed from all kinds of shelters and societies for adoption. I did a whole presentation for a communications class in college about why people should never buy puppies from pet stores, so I'm pretty sure any animal I ever own will be adopted (even if I get the horse I want when I grow up!). Glad to hear your mom's okay, too!

Well, I did the deed--I weighed in this morning. 294.5--down a pound from last week. Continuing at my snail's pace, but at least it's in the right direction. I did another 30 minutes on the elliptical at the gym yesterday. I could have stayed longer, but for some reason, my legs felt like absolute jell-o! I went to the mall afterwards to look for a steering wheel cover at Target and any cute tops on sale at Lane Bryant (I ended up leaving empty-handed), and I was going to go to Sears, but it was all the way at the other end of the mall, and my legs just were not happy for some reason. Maybe today, I'll do my workout on the recumbent bike instead so it's not quite so intense on my lower body. I also know I didn't drink nearly enough water yesterday, so I've got to kick that habit up now, too. I have a 24oz bottle on my desk that I usually fill and drink 3 times just while at the office, but yesterday, I only filled it once, and then I only had 2 glasses (maybe 10-12oz each) of sugar-free kool aid at home, so definitely need more water.

Well, hopefully my weight loss will show up on the TOPS scale tonight, too. I never know how my body is going to fluctuate after eating and drinking all day and then weighing in at 6:30pm. When I weigh in at home, I know I'm "empty" since I do so right when I wake up, after I go pee The TOPS scale has been good to me so far, though, so I hope tonight is no exception.

Well, off to pretend to do some work. It's Thursday--week's almost over! Of course, normally I'm happy that I'll get to see Jeff on Friday, but not this week He's going fishing with his dad who is up visiting from Florida, so no Jeff for me until probably Tuesday (since we leave Wednesday morning for Georgia). Anyway, have a great day, all!
Old 06-16-2005, 07:15 AM   #93  

Hey ya'lll...Not disappeared, just busy...Summer months, are spent doing yard work, etc...And arguing with neighbors, but I digress....Hmm, maybe I will tell you...This is a guy who lives around the bend. He and the neighbor who moved ( next to me) did not get along, but ever since the guy moved, this guy, Bill, well, all he does is walk his dog ( a Scotty too by the way~~which he got last year becuz he wanted one just like ours) three-4 times a day. He is very retired and very nosy...and very bold, on top of it all...Now he knows we are thinking, if we have not gotten P in 2 years that we will look into adoption. I told him, that I wish they would change the laws though, that it just seems wrong to me, that women who sign papers to put the babies up, should not have the right, 6 months or 3 years later to change their minds and take the child back. I said it would just break our hearts to have this happen...Well, now keep in mind, this guy knows "Everything about NOTHING" at all...he says "You have no idea what you are talking about ( as if I am dumber than a box of rocks) That when a girl is 18 or 19, they are not of strong enough mind to possibly make any decisions on putting up a child for adoption, and they should be able to change their minds."...WEll, that was enough for me...I went and said "Oh Bull-S...t! Women know by that age what they want...good Lord, they are not 5 year olds" he said "Well, I have lived life, and done a lot more in it than you have, and I know..." I just looked at him, like he had 6 heads, and said' "Whatever, I neeed to get inside, You do NOT know everything in life" and shut the door on him as I told him to go Screw himself...If Iwould have been on top of my toes, I would have said "Oh? And, when were you an 18 year old girl, Bill, I had no idea...forgive my ignorance"...But, Hindsight is always best eh? He also has argued with me abotu Ohio...As if he ever lived there, and knows all about it...He has told us how to rear Scotties ( um, pardon me but ours is very well behaved and we have had him for 6 years..If we'd have gotten a weiner dog, he would have gotten one too)...And once even had the nerve to tell me I would never be thin, my bones are too big...As if I am the Giant Purple People Eater...He said once, to me, that I have a great prsonality, and looks arent everything....As if to say I am the Hunchback and need to stay in the bell Tower...I am, to be very honest, sick of it....to me, he has way too much nerve...and who does he think he is anyhow? GeeZ! Anyhow, sorry to have ranted...but boy...I get tired of that crap...
Well, WTG on losses, etc...that's great...And Jill~~~ WTG on sticking with it...I would focus on the eliptical, M-W-F, and the others on Tues, Thurs or whatever...to give your muscles a day to re-coup...HAG1 All!!!

Last edited by DianaLS; 06-16-2005 at 07:18 AM.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:05 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Goodmorning!!

Diana - I TOTALLY hate people like that, they bring the worst out in me, cuz I keep arguing, and arguing. I get really pulled in, heh. How old the is guy? Maybe you could tell him that times have REALLY changed recently, and he's, uhm, lets just say out of touch. heh. That would drive him insane, just patronize him.. "suuuure, whatever you say". Don't give him the credit of valuing his opinion, because it is just that. Good luck!

Jill - the woman from Fur Babies adopts animals from shelters, she was at a shelter that doesn't keep their animals for long, they put them down within a week if they aren't gone. She felt SO bad, and could only take 8, but just couldn't pick 8. So I believe it was her and her husband rented a truck and took all of them! And it was welllll over 100 dogs! Thats where the couple we know got their dog, from that group of dogs. It's definitely better to adopt animals, thats how we've gotten all of our cats. Congrats on that weigh in It always seems odd to weigh in at 6:30pm, but I guess consistancy is the most important, my mom always stops drinking and eating after 3pm for her 7pm weigh ins. I'm sure the TOPS scale will agree with yours So what are you going to do this weekend? And how long are you going to Georgia for?

Kimberley - I haven't seen a lightening bug before.. although I've seen my share of mosquitos

So I got on my scale this morning, I was scared stiff! We've been broke (to put it nicely), so I expected to put on some weight with eating so much pasta and cheap foods. I did put on 3 pounds, I'm hoping its water weight, and since we've got money now.. I'm sure it'll be gone within a week! I am starting to get excited for my vacation, which isn't until July 2nd, but I am SO SO looking forward to not working, and to not being called into work.. the plan so far is to do lots of hiking, lots of hanging out.. lots of beach visits (providing the weather smartens up!). Anyways, I am off to be productive and clean my house a bit! Have a great one

-Aimee
Old 06-16-2005, 06:32 PM   #95  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

Hi all... just catching up after a couple days! Very busy this week at work; hoping that the possibilty of a new position will be posted soo so I can do a different function of my department... just a waiting game now! I'll try to post more tomorrow! have a super day!!
Old 06-16-2005, 07:28 PM   #96  
Howie6267's Honey

Heya, everyone. That neighbor would drive me nuts -- I'm easily pulled into arguments with people like that, too!

Today was a big day at Chez Gardenwife, with the lady coming with her crew of two fellas to rebuild the wall by the driveway. Looks like they did a good job of it. There are still a few large stones needed, and Cindy said she'd come back next week to put them in. She loaned me her loppers while she was here, and I made good use of them. I climbed up on our ladder and trimmed back some of the neighbor's overhanging trees. I also had a saw on a long pole, loaned to us by a neighbor, so I was able to get bigger branches cut back, too. It was good to cut back those limbs not only because the firs were just about ready to begin hanging on our roof, but because the others' absence will allow more sunlight to our flowerbed along the fenceline.

She drove away and I then noticed she'd left the tool behind - I'd forgotten to give it to her when they were packing up. As I picked them up and walked toward our front porch, I couldn't help but laugh....They're Cindy Loppers. You could not make up a play on words like that. LOL!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wall310.jpg (16.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg islandbed01-310.jpg (17.7 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg carpet_rose310.jpg (17.6 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by Gardenwife; 06-16-2005 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:41 AM   #97  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

heheh--arguing with people is my specialty...bring on the neighbor!! When I was younger (and sometimes still today), everyone told me I should be a lawyer when I grow up. I considered it, then decided I didn't want to go to school that long only to end up being some like tax attorney or something boring rather than doing what I would want--battling it out in the courtroom like on tv So here I am, a technical editor and proofreader--probably not much more fun than being a tax attorney after all, but at least I didn't spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on law school!

Anywho...I called Jeff last night, and he said he is not going fishing with his dad because he couldn't get the day off from work. However, he is spending tonight at his aunt and uncle's house (which is where his dad is staying), but he'll be home by like noon tomorrow, so I'm gonna go spend tomorrow night at his place Yay, I still get to see my Jeff this weekend!

Since he's not coming over tonight like usual, I'm going to go pick up a shift at the restaurant. I'm not scheduled to work (they know I do NOT work weekends), but there's always someone willing to go home, especially on a Friday night, so I'll go in and make a few bucks. Couldn't hurt, right? Plus it'll keep me on my feet and busy, whereas if I just went home and spent all night alone, I'd probably end up eating a lot out of boredom

Ooh, the TOPS scale did NOT agree with mine last night. Mine said I lost a pound, but the one at TOPS said I lost 1.75 pounds Whick sort of makes me fear the idea that maybe next week I'll stay the same according to my home scale, yet gain .75 according to theirs, but whatever. I'm going to really work at everything as much as possible because I haven't had a gain recorded at TOPS since I started going, so I want to continue on that trend for as long as humanly possible

Aimee--We're leaving for Georgia at the crack of dawn (I'm hoping to have him up and out the door by 5am) on Wednesday, and we'll be driving home on Sunday. It's gonna be about a 12-hour drive, I think, so quite a haul, but we'll take turns driving. It's also going to be insanely hot, I'm sure, as we'll be about 30 minutes south of Atlanta, so I'm going to run out to a few shops today between jobs to try and find some new cute sandals and maybe a few cute new tops that are nice and light. I'm such a penny pincher, though--who knows if I'll actually be able to find anything I'm willing to spend the $$ on

Sara--
Kimberley--Cindy Loppers. For once in my life, I have no comment on that

Diana--Yeah, resting in between days would probably be a good idea, but instead, I ended up on the elliptical again yesterday--4 days in a row! I tried not to...I started off with 20 minutes on the recumbent bike. After the 20 minutes of sweating, it said I had only burned like 127 calories. That's when I got on the elliptical. I did 30 minutes, and it said I burned 435 calories. It just seems so much more efficient, I couldn't tear myself away! However, I did only do it in the forward motion this time, whereas I normally do 5 minutes forward, 5 minutes backward, 5 minutes forward...I think the backwards is what was killing my legs more, so I'll just have to work on slowly increasing the backwards motion. My legs were jell-o free yesterday
Old 06-17-2005, 04:12 PM   #98  
Howie6267's Honey

I still haven't tried the eliptical. Shoot, I've been working out in the yard so much, I've not been to the gym. Judging from how sweaty I get and how sore certain muscle groups are, I think I'm okay with that. I should walk, at least. It's been so nice to be outside, even when it's hot, I don't want to go inside to work out. When it gets to be in the 90's and muggy again, though, I think the A/C'd walking track will be nice.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:52 PM   #99  

Talking Hi ....

LOL @ Jill ...I hear ya about ppl...and about the eliptical...I need to really get under 250 so DH will keep his promise and buy me one ...I ALSO NEED TO GET OFF MY BEHIND AND WALK...and BIKE ...I am making a solemn vow that beginning Sunday morning...I don't care if it is raining or what... I WILL BEGIN WALKING AND BIKING OUTSIDE!!! If it is hot...NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING is stopping me from getting up at 5 am and doing such things...used to do it...love the early mornings. ..Sigh...well, am off...HAGW all. Working in MULCH this weekend...getting 10 yards dumped in the drive at 8 am...hee..usually it rains the whole time we are doing it, and I end up looking like a monkey from sweat, rain and dirt ...should be fun!

Last edited by DianaLS; 06-17-2005 at 08:57 PM.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:17 AM   #100  
Howie6267's Honey

I'd love to get mulch by the truckload! Right now, I scout out Lowe's for their ripped bags. They sell them at half price. If there is a large number of them, they sell them for 50-cents a bag!

Forgot to mention, I just maintained this week. Again the weird spotting is happening, too...The doc had me switch to a lower-dose BC pill this month since I've been spotting for three (four?) months, and yet the spotting persists. I just can't wait to get off the darned things.

I got a tetanus booster today after weighing in. Yesterday I stepped on a rusty, sheared-off fencepost while trimming those tree branches - oops. Fortunately, I hit it with the well-calloused ball of my foot and not my instep, and I felt it and backed off before putting much weight on it. It gave me just a nick, but better safe than sorry with the tetanus. Childhood reminiscences of my mother touting the horrors of LOCKJAW! LOL
Old 06-18-2005, 12:54 AM   #101  

Well ladies, I'm still having issues...although, today when I cleaned the keyboard I kinda hurt the space key...oops I'm gonna get a new one hopefully this weekend! The sooner the better...as this takes like 20 minutes to type! grrrr!!

-Aimee
Old 06-18-2005, 02:07 AM   #102  
Howie6267's Honey

You need voice recognition software, Aimee!
Old 06-18-2005, 02:36 AM   #103  

lol....I wish!

So...my bf suffers from BAD headaches but refuses to go to the doctor...so I'm faced with many LONG nights of no sleep and him crying in pain.Poor boy....and poor sleepy Aimee!Thats.all.the.patience.I've.got.for.my.space .key...night.girls!

-Aimee
Old 06-18-2005, 12:17 PM   #104  

Talking Hi

LOL @Kimberley ...Sounds like a real deal at Lowes...unflortunately, we would still have to buy a truckload of bags, lol, we have almost an acre of land, and let me see, 2 rows of arborvides lining the sides of yard, which is close to 50 each side if not more, then we have 6 trees we mulch around in the front, 2 king krimson maples, a magnolia, 1 crabapple, and 2 cleveland pairs ( 7, oops), then a huge bed in the front of the house, and a smaller one, and around the lamp post we have purple fountain grass ...then in front and in back of the privacy fence going into the back we have beds, filled in the front with Black-eyed susans, daylillies, purple fountain grass, Purple coneflowers, and in the back rose of sharons...around the perimeter of the house ( foundation) we have 50 or so hostas, they all get mulch...then in the back I have a bird area filled with flowers ( coneflowers, black-eyed susans, cosmos, etc, that gets mulch ...we have around 25 blue spruce going the back part of the hill and the rest of the side of the yard, they all get mulch, and all around our deck, there are burning bushes, and daylillies, and that all gets mulched...lol ... he is doing it all this year...he says he wants to put it on very light this year, so he wasnts to do it, lol...I pulled the weeds out from my bird feeders in the front, mainly because I did not want him to think the cosmos were weeds and pull them ..Usually we end up getting 2 truckloads, but this time he says a lot of the arborvides and stuff still have it left over from last year, so he only wants to do the rest...and he is not doing the hill this year like usual...We want to plant phlox all over the hill next Spring, to give it color...I also plan to plant some Lemon Thyme there or another type of groundcover u can walk on...We like the thyme though because it smells so good when you step on it ...Next year he is putting a big brick patio off the deck with a fire pit too, so that will be more flower beds, he is making raised ones along the sides of the brick...and we are putting a gazebo in the back corner in the shade, with electrical in it, and screens so in the Summer or Fall, we can got out and play games back there when we have ppl over ...Work, work, work...
I bet you will be really glad to get the spotting done with...I had a weird TOM this month myself, all spotting, no real bleeeding, and then that was it...ahh, the joys of getting older as a woman.
Aimee~~~Please, Please make him go to the doctor...That scares me that he is in that much pain, and I would hate to see something happen that could be preventable...My thoughts and prayers are with you...WEll, am off...HAG! all, Diana

Last edited by DianaLS; 06-18-2005 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:18 PM   #105  
Howie6267's Honey

Aimee, does he only get the headaches at night or do they last days at a time? There are so many medications that could help him with them, but he's got to go to the doctor to get 'em! I know we're preaching to the choir here, because you care about him and want him to be checked out, too.

We want a screened-in shelter, too...That sounds wonderful.

Man, my foot is still tender from where I nicked it. There doesn't appear to be redness or swelling around it, but boy do that tiny spot hurt. I'm a barefoot babe around home in the warmer months, and like the saying goes, "no hoof, no horse". I need this thing to heal up so I can do some serious damage to the weeds.
Closed Thread