3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Battle of the Bulge- New Beginnings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/58752-battle-bulge-new-beginnings.html)

leannealise 06-15-2005 02:58 PM

Welcome ekka!!

CG- I eat between 1300-1600 cals a day. I've already read the threads about plateaus and have done almost everything to try to jump start myself but nothing is working. AND my TOM is in a few days and I'm going to go UP in weight. I know that it is only water weight and hormones but when I can't get the scale to move DOWN, it is really crappy to GAIN (for any reason) :mad:

I'm super bummed about it today but I'm not going to stop...I promised myself that when I started ;)

redballoon 06-15-2005 03:14 PM

Heh lean, I hear your pain. All I can say is SIT IT OUT!! It is a big victory to not be gaining and your body needs time to adjust to all this change. You say your period is in a few days and you are anticipating weight gain. Well, I don't know about you, but I have my worst weight gain for the week prior. I think that is what you are seeing and why the scale isn't budging. You really must calm down. It's the only way to get through this. Please don't throw in the towel!

Crime girl 06-20-2005 10:43 AM

Hi again everyone!

WOW, its been quiet on here. Sorry I haven't posted- we are having router problems at my brothers and he has had wireless down all weekend. Hope everyone comes back to chat...

As for me- I am continuing with Curves and I will officially join today after my 2 week trial! I am excited because I really like it. Hopefully it will help me start moving torward 200 which is my short-long term goal. Anyway-
Also, still haven't heard back from my second interview and I hope I will early this week. I need a job bad! Sigh- but what will happen will happen, right?

Leannealise- Good for you! Don't stop!! Keep on truckin'. Even when you hit a snag- just buckle back in and continue the ride. I think that is one of the hardest things to do but I know you can do it! You will get over your plateau and all will be good. Just keep working and I think red is right- you might be seeing weight gain prior to TOM- that happens to me too! Keep your chin up! :D

Okay- everyone- lets get some themes going in here so we can focus on how we are doing. Do you guys want to theme each day- for those on here before that is what I tried to do- or not? How is everyone doing with eating and is everyone getting out there and getting exercise? Lets hear it- a lot of you are new to me so let me know what kind of program you are on- and of course I will be here to cheer you on.

Alrighty then- I need to go- I will do my best to get on later today. Hope you all have a great day!!! ;)

redballoon 06-21-2005 06:39 AM

Hi there people. Yes, it certainly has been quiet around here, no thanks to me. Sorry. I've been busy with my other threads and...life. I'm glad to see you back Crime Girl. I really wish you could be back here regularly. You need somebody to hold a thread together. Even if there's someone, it sometimes collapses, but with no one I don't think it has a chance. I liked your daily themes. It got us thinking and kept us focused on the eating and exercise goals. I think a big problem with a lot of people, including myself, is that we just don't realize all we're eating, but most people don't want to write everything down. Your themes, such as, "what are you eating?" acted to raise awareness. And that is a constant thing so you can do it over and over again. I say, go with the old format. Everyone here will be new to it.
Okay, gotta get back to work.
Hope to hear more from you all. Take care! :wave:

byugrad 06-21-2005 06:35 PM

Hi ladies.

Life sure gets in the way of keeping up with this message board. But I'm celebrating today since the scale was down 2 pounds today to a new low that I haven't seen for about 18 years.

Crime Girl: Good for you continuing to go to Curves. I hope the job comes through for you.

I have actually been considering buying one of the two Curves that are for sales here in my area. One is bigger (and more expensive), but might have maxed out its membership for its territory. The other is smaller (and cheaper), but will take more work to get it bigger and thriving. Such decisions. Right now I'm in limbo waiting for the two owners to get their acts together as to what they really want to do.

I'll be interested in your "theme" approach to this thread.
Bye for now.

Crime girl 06-22-2005 10:39 AM

Good morning everyone!!
I am STILL waiting to hear about a job and I think I am slowly going crazy!!
Hopefully I will hear something today.

Other than that- everything is trucking along. Went to Curves yesterday and plan to go to today as well. :D

Red- I think you are definitely right- someone needs to be on so the thread can survive. Around our router problems I am hoping I will be able to so we can keep the board moving. Glad you are back.

Byugrad- Congrats on the 2 pounds!!! :cb: :cb: :cp: :cp: It has to feel great to be smaller than you have been since high school!! I am proud of you!

Okay- let me lay out what I think we should do theme wise. I am going to kinda go on how we use to do things...

Sunday- Startin' Sunday- The day to let us know what the goals are for the week and what you are gonna do to get there.
Monday- Motivational Monday- Let's talk about why we are trying to diet and exercise. What will change for us in our lives??
Tuesday-Tapdancin' Tuesday- How do we sabotage ourselves? Do we promise to start tomorrow? Do we make excuses for ourselves?
Wednesday- Will to move Wednesday- What are we doing to shake our booties and lose weight!!
Thursday- Tableside Thursday- What have you been eating for the week? Are you following plan?? Got any tricks or tips for the rest of us?
Friday- Fantastic Friday- Success stories and inspirational things in your life that help you stay on track.
Saturday- Survey Saturday- How did you do this week? What was your biggest success and where do you need to improve??

How does this sound?? Basically what we would do is try to focus somewhat on these areas on the days indicated. I think it might give us some direction and allow us to share how we are doing. You can particpate if you want but if you don't want to then keep coming on the board. You don't have to participate to be part of the board. ;)

Also- I use to do a question of the day and I think I will try to do that every so often. Anyway- Hope you like it. We can start today or Sunday- what do you guys think??

Until later-

byugrad 06-22-2005 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crime girl
Byugrad- Congrats on the 2 pounds!!! :cb: :cb: :cp: :cp: It has to feel great to be smaller than you have been since high school!! I am proud of you!

Thanks Crime Girl (but it was about 10 years AFTER high school!)

In keeping with your Wednesday theme, just got back from Curves. I really worked those machines to the max today! I was busy working on a lesson I need to teach and didn't want to go, but at about 5:00 I jumped out of my chair, put on my workout clothes, and headed off to Curves.

redballoon 06-24-2005 06:36 PM

Hey all. Where are you? It's Saturday here and that's survey day. I did well this week. Really got back exercising. The food was good too, but could have been better. If I can just keep this up, I'll be doing A-OK!

Crime girl, I like your themes. Let's try to get this place going again!

byugrad 06-25-2005 09:21 AM

Hi all.

I did pretty well (losing 2 pounds helped!).

I went to Curves 3 times and hit the treadmill 2 times so far. Will get on the treadmill again this afternoon. Got all my water in every day, which usually isn't hard for me. (I drink a minimum of 3 24-oz bottles of water every day = 72 oz/day.)

My latest favorite recipe is using spaghetti squash like real spaghetti. I sautee a bunch of sliced mushrooms, chopped onions and lean ground beef (could substitute turkey if you're doing low fat rather than low carb). When that's ready, I added Carb Options Garden tomato sauce (made by Ragu and better than any Ragu I've ever eaten). Then stir in the cooked and shredded spaghetti squash. Wow, is it ever good. You would think you were eating al dente spaghetti. I top it with some grated fresh parmesan. It keeps well in the fridge and warms up in the microwave, so I've had it for a quick lunch several times this week. What a great way to get your veggies (everything except the meat is a veggie!!).

redballoon 06-25-2005 06:03 PM

Nothing much going on here. Went off my challenge that I'm doing on another thread and blew it again yesterday. Going out and drinking with coworkers is always fun while I'm doing it but it ruins the next day as well too and then it drags me down in general and wrecks my eating. Damn!

Well, it's Sunday here and the day to think about this week's goals. I want to stay on my challenge from today again. There may be a drinking night Tuesday because a coworker is leaving, but maybe I can just not go. We had our night Friday and they tend to be the same. I will try to get more veggies in to me this week too.

byugrad -- it sounds like you're doing well getting some exercise in. I sure wish I could get spaghetti squash here. Never even seen it. It would be great as I always lose weight when I concentrate on getting lots of vegetables.

Crime girl -- where are you again? :shrug:

byugrad 06-26-2005 05:14 PM

Red Balloon -- just noticed that you are in Tokyo. I would definitely find it harder to diet if I didn't have all of the foods I was familiar with or had to experiment with new ones.

redballoon 06-26-2005 05:31 PM

:lol: byugrad, I've been here so long that nothing is really unfamiliar. The things in the States are and, to be honest, gladly so for a lot of them. Whenever I go back I am tempted something horribly by all the yummy, but calorie-laden things and humongous portions. No, I'd just heard about spaghetti squash, but had never seen it, even when I was in the U.S. It just sounds fun.

Crime girl -- I am about to give up on this thread again without you! :(

redballoon 07-02-2005 07:21 AM

Is this thread gone totally dead or is there still a pulse? :shrug:

byugrad 07-03-2005 10:37 AM

For what it's worth... I think it would be easier to start a new thread each week or day. I find it hard to find this one and as it gets longer and longer, it's harder to find the posts I haven't read. Personally, I'd prefer a new one each day with the theme that Crimegirl recommended because I take advantage of the RSS feed into My Yahoo for this forum -- and that way, the original post would show up in My Yahoo.

Last week I passed my 1-year anniversary doing low carb. Hard to believe I've stuck with this for a full year!

redballoon 07-03-2005 06:17 PM

byugrad -- I think the thread is dead. It's not really practical to start a new thread each day because people won't get the notifications. The reason this one is hard to find is because no one is posting regularly. By the way, if you are having trouble finding earlier posts, your pages are probably too short. Change them in the options and put more posts on a page. And since we are all on different time zones it's not like people are all going to bed at the same time. My Monday is your Sunday etc. Don't know what an RSS feed is. Anyhow, I think we'll just have to join another thread or start our own. I have the 21-day challenge and post on Basics. You can join us there if you like. Take care and good luck!