3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Battle of the Bulge- New Beginnings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/58752-battle-bulge-new-beginnings.html)

Solus 06-02-2005 01:44 PM

Down another pound today! Yay!

Although I think stress may be a contributor.

Crime girl 06-02-2005 05:49 PM

Welcome leannealise- Glad to have you on the board and it sounds like you have made a great start! :cp: Whatever you are doing it is working! I am like you though- if I call it a diet it becomes instantly undesirable. Then I start feeling depraved and well we all know where I am going with that..
You should be proud of yourself- I think beginning to do it is the hardest part. Once you start losing weight it build incentive.

Solus- HOORRAAAYYYY!!! :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cp: :cp: :bravo: Great job! Keep up the good work! It is working!!

Crime girl 06-03-2005 12:13 PM

Where have you been all my life?

So..
I am living with my brother and his fiance and she has been going to Curves everyday after work...yesterday she talked me into going and WOW- :hyper:
I really like that place. :flow2: There is no time to get bored...variety...women of all shapes and sizes and a sense of togetherness that I need. :grouphug: Going to work out is truly a tramatic thing for me..normally involves a room full of mirrors and the realization that I am a human mashmellow. :wl: I am glad I went and I think I need to join and kick my rump into gear..

Just wanted to share..Hope you are all having a wonderful day!! :D

leannealise 06-03-2005 01:39 PM

CG- Thanks for the welcome...I'm happy to be here!! I have only heard good things about Curves, you should think about signing up ;)

Do any of you drink green tea? I have been reading about it and I don't understand why it isn't advertised more. It is full of antioxidants that help prevent cancer, slow the growth of cancer, prevent arthritis, lower cholesterol, speed up your metabolism and increase the oxidation of fat (helps you burn fat). It can also help fight against the effects of smoking and the sun. Certain parts of Asia (especially where they harvest green tea) have some of the lowest rates of heart disease and cancer in the world. Anyway, I don't understand how green tea can be used for over 4,000 years in Asia to help fight against a number of diseases and it is not advertised here in America. I've always known about Green Tea but I had no idea the range of benefits it has. There should be a media campaign for Green Tea!! Do any of you drink it? I read that we should drink between 3-5 cups a day to receive the full benefits. It doesn't taste that great but I had a cup this morning. Only three more cups to go :D

BTW- the ONLY negative side effect to green tea is insomnia :tired: because it has caffeine in it. But it has less caffeine than a cup of coffee ( 30mgs vs 100mgs). I figure, as long as you don't drink tons of it before you go to bed, you'll be just fine.

Thanks for letting me ramble :blah:

Crime girl 06-03-2005 09:53 PM

Leannealise-
No- I dont drink green tea but I might start now..
Sounds good- I gave up Coke and Diet Coke so a new caffiene addiction would be great. I miss the extra energy.
Anyway- sounds like a sound plan. Can't you get it mixed with other things that make it taste better? I have seen Celestial Seasons has some of the Green Tea options but they are always mixed with some other type of spice. It is less effective this way??

Solus 06-03-2005 10:06 PM

Before you go jumping on the green tea wagon you may want to read this thread in the Buyer Beware forum:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58705

Monique1111 06-04-2005 08:22 AM

Hoping to join this group

Hello, my name is Monique and I'm new here. I've been lurking for a few days and you folks seem pretty nice.
I'm at WW now, but I did Curves several years ago and have nothing but good things to say about them. They gave me the courage to do what finally worked for me: running. I was a marshmallow also until I started running. It turned me into an athlete. Sure, I didn't look like Serena Williams but athleticism is a glow within you. It cured me of asthma...no joke. What truly surprised me though was the running community itself. Even at my fattest, they welcomed me into every single race (5K's). And I was never the fattest one there...there was always someone further down the track than I was. Truly inspirational.

Sure, when I was out some afternoons training, I'd get the cars honking and kids snickering but I put that all out of my mind. You can make fun of my fat *ss if you see me walking down the sidewalk coming out of DQ with a hot fudge sundae. If I'm working out and hear that stuff I just say to myself "How many miles do you think he ran today you sexy beast?" I really don't let it bother me anymore. And it didn't really happen as often as I thought it did.

I'm yacking too much. Can I come on board anyway?
-Mo

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...3/153/173/.png

redballoon 06-04-2005 08:32 AM

Mo!! Hi! I havent been posting myself. No time. But just saw your post and wanted to say Hi! :wave:
I will try to get on here soon.

Crime girl 06-04-2005 08:55 PM

Hi everyone!!
Sorry I wasnt on earlier- it has been a busy day today. I got up this morning and went to my brother's 5K race which entailed me walking about a mile and a half to see him at different checkpoints. He is training for a marathon so I try to go and cheer him on. After that- I went to Curves and had my intial evaluation and worked out. After that my soon to be sister in law and I went shopping for her shoes for the wedding which is in St. Lucia in early July.
:faint: Anyway- I am now in pain from all the walking and working out.

Monique-Welcome!! Glad you decided to join our little group! We are happy to have you and hope we can provide some support for you. I am glad you have good things to say about Curves because I really like it. As for the rude people yelling at you- I think you have a fab attitude about it. People are just rude sometimes. You know what you are doing is important and frankly those people can go jump off a bridge. :D I am glad the racing community has embraced you- my brother is into it too and thinks the same thing. Everyone is SO supportive!

Solus- Thanks for the tip about green tea- I will use the link and educate myself. How are you doing today??

Red- Glad to see you pop on!! Come and talk when you can- I have missed talking to you.

Well need to run again- will try to get on later! Have a wonderful night everyone!

redballoon 06-04-2005 09:33 PM

Hi Crime girl! Popping in to say that since I read your post. Popping out again to get to the racetrack. 'Nother big day....uggh....I love it........

I will try to get in for a long post soon. Hang in there, all!

Monique1111 06-05-2005 07:36 PM

Thanks for welcoming me CG...I'd like to amend my post to say that I WAS a runner. Back when time was something I had more than enough of. I even did a half marthon once. I didn't break any records...but I finished Not Last...always a plus. Now I'm married, working extra hours to get debt free, and renovating another house on the weekends. Almost no time. I can't even imagine what I'll do when I finally have a baby...we're working on it. Any way...my weight has come off due to calorie restriction only. I'm trying to FIND time to run...trying hard...I need you guys...
'Night

-Mo
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...3/153/173/.png

Monique1111 06-05-2005 07:38 PM

Also...
Is there an easy way to get that cute weight tracker thing on the bottom of my replies or do I have to go through that whole choosing thing again? Help!
- Mo

Crime girl 06-06-2005 11:26 AM

Hey red and Mo!

Hows it going today?? I am up and still looking for a job so I am about to lose my mind. I need to do something productive!

Anyway- Mo, you need to go through the tracker thing and then at the end- the first string of code, copy it and paste it into your signature box wherever you want it to appear. Let me know if this does not make sense.

Okay well-I will check back later!

leannealise 06-06-2005 02:38 PM

A note about Green Tea

It was not my intention to promote Green Tea as an appetite suppressant or a wonder drug that makes you skinny. I was just amazed by all of the healthful benefits you can get from it. We all know that anti-oxidants help protect you from a number of things at the cellular level and that cannot be a bad thing. Green Tea packs 10 times the punch that red wine does (recommended because it contains anti-oxidants) and doesn't contain any alcohol :dizzy: . The added bonus of increasing thermogenesis and helping with the oxidation of fat is just a bonus (whether it is true or not...but most studies support it). Anyway, I'm going to drink it because it has a number of positive aspects and only one negative.

CG-I think the only way that you lose potency in Green Tea is if you take it in pill form or the decaffeinated kind (although the decaf still gives a number of benefits). I haven't read anything about flavored green tea not being as effective...so drink away!! I bought some rasberry and lemon ginseng flavored green teas and they taste awesome. I like the plain green tea also but if you need it sweeter just add a splenda packet ;)

byugrad 06-06-2005 08:59 PM

Here to lend my support ...

Hi ladies. Thought I'd join in your thread if that's OK since I'm new to this board. I'm impressed with your commitment and enthusiasm for getting healthy and trim!

I've been low-carbing for 11 months and going to Curves for 3 months. The new healthier lifestyle is definitely working -- although the weightloss is slower than I would like. But the good news is that I've found a plan that I can live with -- forever.