3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Battle of the Bulge- New Beginnings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/58752-battle-bulge-new-beginnings.html)

byugrad 06-06-2005 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solus
Can a person really wake up one day, decide to completely change their life and succeed? I'm not sure, but I suppose time will tell.

Solus: I definitely believe that you can wake up one day, make up your mind to succeed -- and then do it! Because last June 29th I did that very thing.

People often delay "getting started" on their weight loss journey because they think it is going to take forever to get their weight off and out of despair and frustration, they put it off until "tomorrow". That tomorrow NEVER comes!

However, a whole year's worth of tomorrows come and go before you even realize they happened. It is all a time warp blur and life quickly speeds by us.

Here is a quote to remember: "Time flies--wheter you are having fun or not!" or in our case, "whether you are living healthfully or not!" And now that nearly a year has gone by since I made the decision for myself, I've kicked 45 pounds to the curb forever! Sure, I wish it were all 71 pounds that I needed to lose, and yes, I wish it had happened much quicker. But do I wish I'd waited until some magical "tomorrow" in order to start? Nope!

I truly believe two things are essential to success: (1) it is a decision (just like any other decision you make that affects your life) and (2) set short-term goals with appropriate (non-food) rewards. Eventually the compliments from friends, family, etc. are all the reward you need! Oh, and shopping for new clothes is great fun too!

Crime girl 06-06-2005 10:04 PM

Hi everyone!!

Welcome Byugrad! We are happy to have you! I love when new people come into our little group!
I am impressed with your progress so far- you should be really proud of yourself. What you have lost so far is hard and I know you can continue to excel. It certainly sounds like you are in the right mind set. I know what you mean about the "magical tomorrow". That is my #1 problem- I pledge to myself "Tomorrow or next Sunday or some other day than today, I will get serious about it" and of course tomorrow never comes in that respect. You are right- time is of the essence! It seems like the years fly by while I sit on the sidelines and miss things in life because I am too big to do them or not brave enough to do them at this size. I want my life back...anyway- I digress! Happy to have you and I am glad you are a fellow Curves girl...

Leannealise- Thanks for the info on green tea- I think I am going to start with straight green tea with caffiene and go from there. I with you on the benefits. I will definitely try Splenda with it as well.

Okay- well wanted to let you all know that my future sister in law and I are signing the "oprah" contracts to eat healthy and exercise and we are holding each other responsible. It is a 12 week program that Oprah is working with and I am going to try to follow it. I will post my rules for you guys once we get all signed up. Wish me luck!

byugrad 06-07-2005 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crime girl
I know what you mean about the "magical tomorrow". That is my #1 problem- I pledge to myself "Tomorrow or next Sunday or some other day than today, I will get serious about it" and of course tomorrow never comes in that respect. You are right- time is of the essence!

I was the same way. It seemed that the stars needed to totally align -- i.e. the diet could only start with breakfast on the first of the month if it was also a Monday -- almost like the date itself had some magical power. But you'll notice that my start date wasn't anything magical -- and the 29th of June last year was a Tuesday. In fact, there's nothing wrong with starting with lunch or dinner -- it doesn't even need to wait until the next morning for breakfast. The only thing starting needs to wait for is stocking your house with healthy foods and tossing the junk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crime girl
Okay- well wanted to let you all know that my future sister in law and I are signing the "oprah" contracts to eat healthy and exercise and we are holding each other responsible. It is a 12 week program that Oprah is working with and I am going to try to follow it. I will post my rules for you guys once we get all signed up. Wish me luck!

I have been impressed with Oprah's approach to weightloss. In addition to the eating plan, it is very exercise-intensive. But Oprah is definitely proof that it works.

Solus 06-07-2005 09:33 AM

I'm happy today. Can anyone guess why? :D

byugrad 06-07-2005 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solus
I'm happy today. Can anyone guess why? :D

I'm hoping it's because the scale moved?

Crime girl 06-07-2005 10:31 PM

Hi everyone!!
Hope you are all doing great! I just completed my 4th visit to Curves and I am still loving it. I also got a temp job that starts Thurs and goes through next week- so that is good. On top of that- the employer I want to work for the most called and screened me for employment and then my resume got pushed up to the next highest person who tried to call me while I was at Curves. I am so excited! This would be my ideal job!

Anyway- how is everyone doing??

Solus- What is the happy news?? I am dying to know..so log on and tell us woman! :D

Okay - just wanted to post right quick. I will try to get back on before bed.
Have a great night everyone!!!

Solus 06-07-2005 10:45 PM

Oh...nothing huge, I just hit 20lbs lost. It felt like a milestone to me.

redballoon 06-07-2005 11:16 PM

:bravo: Solus. "Nothing huge??" Sounds great to me! Well done!

Crime girl 06-08-2005 12:14 PM

CONGRATS SOLUS!!!!!!!
:bravo: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cp: :cp: :cp: :dance: :dance: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow2: :flow2: :dancer: :dancer: :goodvibes :goodvibes :encore: :encore: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

That is REALLY BIG NEWS!! I am so happy for you!
Keep up the great work!

leannealise 06-08-2005 01:20 PM

Solus Rocks!!!

20 lbs. is AWESOME!!! You should be SO proud of yourself!!! I am so excited for you...keep smiling!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;) and keep up the good work!!

ekka 06-10-2005 05:50 PM

Mind if I join in? I've been lurking for a couple days and thought I'd say congrats to Solus for hitting the 20 lb mark.

redballoon 06-11-2005 06:26 PM

hello and welcome.........

Hi ekka! :wave: Welcome! Come and post anytime. Things tend to get quiet at certain times. But, feel free to come in and talk. It'll likely start things up again! :sunny:

leannealise 06-13-2005 05:15 PM

How long should my scale be stuck at 195? I can't seem to get it to keep moving down :mad: I was doing SO well and now I feel like I'm a loser (in a bad way).

Crime girl 06-13-2005 05:58 PM

Hi everyone!!!
Just got back from my temp job and it will keep me busy until Wed. The weekend was totally hectic so sorry I havent been on! :o
I did get some good news though- the job I desperately want and interviewed for on Friday has asked me back for a second interview. Hooray!!

Anyway-

Ekka- Welcome! Glad you decided to speak up. :D

Leannealise- Hang in there - it will move. You may have hit a plateau- how many calories roughly are you eating a day?? You may need to increase ( believe it or not) ;)

Red- Glad to see you pop in old friend! How have you been??

Byugrad- Where are you? Hope you haven't decided we are too dull for you . :D
That is all from me for now! I will try to pop back on later!

ekka 06-14-2005 10:47 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome (red balloon and Crime Girl). :cool:

Crime Girl: Woohoo!! Good luck on your second interview.

Leannealise: Keep working on it. I bet if you search for 'plateau' on these message boards, you'll get a bunch of ideas on what you should do.