3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   New 21-Day Challenge!! -- Please join me!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/58507-new-21-day-challenge-please-join-me.html)

Caro30 07-20-2005 07:48 AM

Good morning!

Day 15 went well, on day 16 here!! Starting week 5 today, still can`t really believe I made it this far.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have to go grocery shopping today, should be good for a sweat. The heat index yesterday was up to 126... sticky, yucky... just makes you feel so gross. :p Today should be just as sticky. I give all you ladies who walk in the summer heat LOTS of credit. I hate just walking to my car!

Had a good work out lastnight, felt great. 45 min elliptical, 15 minutes arms, and I got through (almost) all the moves on the Carmen Electra DVD, I did the 30 minutes workout (24 minutes of it) I quit that section when they got to push ups! and ten minutes of lower body. I really like how the DVD is broken up into sections, short work-outs or a 20 or 30 minute section... lots of options for me to get used to it.

Gotta get moving, my sister is watching the kids so I don`t have to drag them all out in the heat...

be back later! Good luck today, girls!

jkg0679 07-20-2005 07:59 AM

Auugggg I failed to get in ANY fruits or veggies yesterday! Well, I had a few dilled green beans, but not even enough to constitute a serving! So, I have 2 off days this round and I just used 1! But I am eating a peach as we speak, so I am already doing better on day 7! :)

curlylocks 07-20-2005 08:01 AM

hi guys! completed day 9 yesterday!! :cheer:

Hotcupojava 07-20-2005 10:42 AM

G'morning

Day three is looking good. I'm still feeling optimistic and motivated. Sort of scary, that's new for me. I've got house work to do before work, so I'll check in this afternoon FROM work. Hang in there everyone. You're all doing so well.

mscat816 07-20-2005 11:16 AM

Day 17 Done!

I got up this a.m. and got on the treadmill after that grueling late night workout last night! :woo: I decided to get back into the a.m. routine and today was the day. Ladies, I am committed to live in the words of my motto - the time is right now - so I support that commitment with two constant thoughts: DIN DIN DIN (Do it Now) and DIA (Do it Anyway).

I am proud to say I am particpating in a weekly challenge too and this week I took on 96 oz of water a day. I mastered day 1 and 2 and I have already had 48 oz. The bathroom runs are killing me - but I am looking forward to the day my bladder will adjust - which I hear will happen in about a month. :cool:

curly - Congrats on day 9!

jkg0679 - the peach is the beginning of a day filled with fruit and veggies for you. You are one fruit closer to completing your goal.

Caro - your commitment to your workouts is inspiring!

happy2bme - DIA - Do it Anyway - even if you falter - forget what you did wrong and concentrate on what you are doing right and you are going to do great as you take on your challenge!

Have a great day!

mscat816 07-20-2005 12:29 PM

My Challenge Buddy!

Red - I have been exercising for almost 3 weeks straight and have lost only a few pounds which I gained back. I have been stuck on the same plateau for two weeks :fr: At first, I was getting discouraged but I know that exercising is a good thing and I refuse to break the habit out of frustration or thinking it is not doing any good.

This week I added a "bonus" goal (not counting for 21 days just yet) drinking 96 oz of water a day - I am just now starting to see (and feel) a drop in weight. According to one of the leading authors (?), there are 4 main components necessary for consistent weight loss: eating right, adequate water intake, regular exercise, and getting enough sleep (the toughest one for me). Based on his theory, I seems I don't experience consistent losses if I am doing just one component. After a while it seems my metabolism adjusts and I plateau.

So I decided I will continue to up the anty on my exercise routine and I am adding water, my "bonus" goal for now, and my next 21 day challenge beginning on Monday. I am maintaining the daily exercise as my "bonus" goal. It's true what Stephen Covey says; after 21 days, it has become a habit! Monday is also my weigh in and measurement day. It will be interesting to what impact this has. If there is not a loss, I am resolved not to give up on changes that I know are good for me whether or not it shows up in inches and pounds! Just wanted to share that with you and get your thoughts.

Anyone else have a comment or similar experience?

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!

redballoon 07-20-2005 03:23 PM

away for a bit...hang in there!

Wow, so many posts. Great! I'm through to the next day but unfortunately have no time to respond to you all individually. Sorry, guys! Brother in law here from the States and I am flat out. Keep up the good work and hold the fort for me, okay! I'll be back soon!

curlylocks 07-20-2005 06:45 PM

day 10 done!

happy2bme 07-20-2005 11:56 PM

I was doing so well today and then I just HAD to eat those stupid :m: :m: in the afternoon. They truly must be the work of the devil since they rate their own graphic on the site. And I was doing good with food and water and I sat and thought and thought and avoided them for about 3 hours before I caved in.

Reset day 1 (again) to tomorrow.

Mscat I am hearing more and more about the importance of getting enough sleep related to weight loss. A toughie for me too. I truly applaud your efforts to keep pushing along even if you aren't getting the immediate results you want. We all know how discouraging that can be and I can always use the occasional reminder to keep plugging away. Thanks for bringing it up.

I have 1 minute to get to bed early - had to reset the alarm clock, I'm being a slug getting out of the house in the morning so either I get faster or get up earlier. Anyway a good new day to all of you. Success for all of us.

Hotcupojava 07-21-2005 11:06 AM

Today is Day Four

I did my "Jo-Wuffling" on the track last night. Three miles worth. "Jo-Wuffling" is my blend of jogging/walking and shuffling. Two of my officers (two cruisers) sat in the parking lot and watched me. It makes me feel safe. :smug: I had a problem with food not going down and uhhh eventually coming back up, but I'm starting to feel better this morning. My weight was way down this morning, but my numbers on the home scale don't count. I have to cut this short because I've got tons to do before work. If I get the computer at work, I'll check in from there (in more depth and possibly addressing each of you). Have a great Thursday everyone. I'm so thankful for each and every one of you and this site. :)

Caro30 07-21-2005 02:22 PM

Hi everyone! Don`t worry Red, we`ll be here when you get back to us, have fun with the bro-in-law. ;)

Well that full moon got to me and I was kinda out there yesterday... but I got through the day! Just elliptical, but thats my challenge. Today, day 17, I`ll do the elliptical tonight...I am sooo tired. Just got back from the beach... it was wonderful. I haven`t been able to get there much this summer. Think of a 37 pound weight, holding and lifting it over the (HUGE) waves for about 2 and 1/2 hours non stop. I couldn`t get the little one out of the water, but hey it was a great work out for me. My back is killing me!!!! I might have gotten 5 minutes to sit, besides that I was moving and lifting and jumping the whole time!

Oh... cant forget this... last time I went to the beach was the 2nd day on plan... bathing suit did not fit well, cutting into arms and legs I hated it. Today I was able to wear it and it felt great!! I was so happy. Not to mention being able to hold and lift my daughter without totally losing my breath. It was a nicer treat than seeing the scale going down, I must admit!

Happy- I wish you lots of luck today! You can do this!

Turtle- Thats nice having the guys watch out for you. You are doing wonderfully! Hows the food journal looking? Been keeping track (and reading it back to yourself!?) You are doing awesome!

Curly- you too! Half way there... go, girl, go!!!

Allright, I got sand on the floor and wet clothes everywhere... just had to check in with you all... I`ll be back tonight (promise) Have a great day, everyone.

dkkrf 07-21-2005 02:30 PM

day 3 complete - on to day 4!!

Hi there - day 4 already - off to a slow start today though. Only have about 10 oz of water in. I tend to drink most of my water at work, and I just got in at noon, sooo.. I have the next 7 hours to get 90 more ounces in!

Well, I weighed in yesterday at 225! I'm so excited, I'm down 8 pounds! It was a great first week, but the first week always is, right! But hey, a loss is a loss, even if it is just water weight gone - I will take it!

Hotcupojava - great deal on those sneaker skates! I have always been afraid to try something like that. I tend to be a bit of a clutz anyway, and I just have a feeling that the wheels would come out when I least expected and down I would go.

Hotcupojava - I would have absolutely freaked out if a bat came that close to my face - they are with out a doubt one of my biggest fears!

Redballoon - I know what you mean - immediately after I weighed in and tried on the pair of shorts that are the next size down, well, hello of course they aren't going to fit. But there is always hope - the good part is I could get them all the way on, and zipped & buttoned, but probably wouldn't be able to breathe if I wore them too long, but hey they were on! lol!

Hotcupojava - Yep Monday the 18th was day 1, onto day 4 already! What are you working on this challenge?

mscat - I like your 2 sayings DIN & DIA - I may have to borrow them!

Hotcupojava 07-21-2005 05:25 PM

Peeking in from work

Hi ! :wave: Just popped in to say hello. I think it's day four for me. Don't have my calendar with me, but I know I haven't messed up yet. :lol:

Caro30: Yep... been filling out and reading my food/water & exercise journal diligently. Haven't missed a thing. And I'm REALLY planning my meals out better. That's been key in NOT messing up. ;) Great job on the looser fitting bathing suit. Sometimes that's an even better judge of how you're doing than the evil scale.

Happy2bme: Speaking of evil :devil: , you're right M&M's are evil. But the M&M peanut ones are THE devil! I can hear them in the vending machine right now, taunting and teasing me. They must have heard me typing about them. Mean, awful, horrible, wonderful tasting, sweet, delicate... hey! Wait a minute! :mad: See? They have tried to Jedi Mind Trick me! But it won't WORK M&M's. Yeah you! I hear you down there. Down the hallway, about 23 steps away! Forget it! This turtle isn't buying it (literally) :dizzy:

dkkrf: Thanks for the comments on the skates, but I couldn't skate on them. They sure are cute shoes though. And I was worried to death going down the TWO flights of steps here to leave that they'd pop a roller out and dump my turtle butt down the steps. Eek! :stars: That would have been a horrific spill. My goals for this 21 day challenge are to journal my food, water & exercise, drink at least 64 ounces of water daily and get at least twenty minutes of intentional exercise. Now, ideally, I aim to exceed all those goals, but I wanted this to be doable so that I could make it a habit. How are you doing?

Okay, as bored as I am, I'd love to just ramble on and on, but I don't want to fill your space (and head) up with my mindless prattle :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: .
So you all have a great Thursday. Stay OP and keep your eyes on the prize (21)!

redballoon 07-21-2005 08:05 PM

still kicking, but barely....

Heh guys. So glad to see you all posting and keeping the thread alive. I am really, really proud of all you people for showing such enthusiasm and perserverance in the face of... well, LIFE! Thank you so much for sticking with things, even if that should mean a a restart! (happy, good for you for getting right back on your feet!)

This is Day 18 for me. I have to keep checking back on old posts and seeing what day it is. Silly me. Well, I just marked the calendar on the wall. Little action. Duh. Well, yesterday was hellish as I was so busy and I have a bad summer cold but have to keep going, going, going with the bro-in-law, who is, by the way, someone with whom there is no love lost because my sis is so unhappy. But I am trying to be a good sport, show him around the place (it's his first time in Japan) and even though I am sick and exhausted and need rest I will push on. That's why I'm here. Writing to you all is relaxing and makes me feel better. I have another big day ahead of me but I am going to try to enjoy it. I am taking off from work (with no pay) and we will be heading down to the ocean and a town called Kamakura. The change should be nice.

Yes, yesterday was the full moon. I thought we had a couple more days but I see on my moon calendar that is was. The wane of the moon always brings instability and I have found that I am not as good with doing exercise and so during this time but I am going to try to anticipate it and get through it, kind of like I would do for PMS and the havoc that can bring. Ok, over to all you lovelies!

dkkrf -- Good going on making it to Day 4 and big congratulations on weighing in down 8!! :cp: :encore: That is fantastic! Yes, take the loss for what it is, a loss. Why do we get so bummed when the scale goes up but not get so excited when it goes down. Look at what you've done! You have been doing great. But whether you see the results or not, applaud yourself for making consistent efforts in the right direction. Give yourself a big pat on the back!! :sunny:

Java -- You out there wuffling away! I love it! And your officer buddies are just the best, aren't they? You absolutely can't give up ever with that kind of support. You are so loved and I hope you know it! :love: And I love your long posts. Please waffle on as much as you like. If anyone gets bored, they can just scroll down! I won't!

happy -- Remember, you are STILL doing well. The very fact that you are here with us and not giving up and not taking your little candy infraction for anything more than a tiny blip on the screen is what it's all about. Never give up!! And see the "Quote of the moment" below. Hang in there! And, yes, I think sleep is really important. Our bodies need care. We are responsible for giving it to us. Let's be there for us.

Curly -- Look at you go! Allright, day 10 in the bag! :bravo: Good luck!

mscat -- How are you doing? I hope you did not get discouraged by the scale and your weight plateau. Your exercise is surely to be adding muscle and tightening you up. Did you take measurements? But remember, your body can be holding water and nothing can be showing up. Don't give up. I have been going through the exact same thing, but yesterday, though the scale was not down and the pants weren't fitting I resolved not to despair. I will see results and in fact do feel tighter. I have taken to pinching the skin (roll!) about an inch above my hip bone (actually it's not the hip joint but the bone that you feel sticking out in front...I have to feel for mine..) Learn to feel the size of the flesh in your hand and use that as a measure. This is something I learned from the bodybuilding site I refer to. This is where you would use the skinfold calipers to measure fat. Remember though, that often before a loss in weight, your body holds the water and things feel really flabby maybe for a few days, then whoosh, the water will flush out. Yes, upping exercise is always good, but remember to eat as well. If you don't the body will try to save you! Keep eating, burn the fat. Eat lean protein and complex carbs and your body will burn the fat while holding the muscle. Good luck!

Caro -- You have been doing great. Give yourself a big pat on the back!! :sunny: And I want you to save that post about you out there in the waves with your little one and how the bathing suit fit and you felt great. There will be times when you're down and discouraged and I want you to remember what you have accomplished and be like a rock! and never get knocked over by any little wave of disappointment. You hear me!? :listen: You are so inspiring with all your exercise!

Okay, gotta get a move on things here. jkj, Trixi, where are you?!?! :?: Anyone else, sub, Testament. Come back!! New people, jump in and join us! Okay, take care all and good luck!!

Quote of the moment:

"IF YOU'RE GOING THROUGH ****, KEEP GOING."

Winston Churchill

curlylocks 07-21-2005 08:38 PM

day 11 :cheer:

mscat: i went 3 weeks one time with no change dont give up :)