Old 05-22-2005, 06:27 PM   #31  

Lucky, I have tried eating only if I was hungry even if I went below 1200 for the day. It solved my problem of feeling stuffed but caused more havoc - I was out of energy, had a difficult time during my workouts, I was in a bad mood, and worse yet my weight loss actually slowed down that week.

I do stagger my calories though so I already have low and high calorie days built into my plan. I think what I am going to try is breaking my calories down into even more meals. Right now I eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, sometimes snack. My snacks are usually very small so I think if I just eat a little less at my main meals and a little more as a snack I may feel better.

And speaking of snacks, I've come across a couple of new good ones. Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom Fugde Lites and Strawberry Lites. One of the fudgecicles only have 35 calories and are sugar/fat free plus they have a decent amount of fiber. The Strawberry Lites are sugar free strawberry ice cream with a crunchy chocolate shell and have 90 calories and 6 grams of fat (5 of them saturated). Obviously, they are the less healthy choice but still pretty good as far as ice cream bars go.

We are having spinach quiche for dinner and the timer just went off so I gotta run. You guys have a great night!

Tricia
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 10:28 PM   #32  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I just got back from a walk with my girls. We were down near the river, and everything blooming there makes the air smell so sweet! It felt good to be outside and seeing sunshine. One more day of work! This is a good thing, considering my house has been falling into a shambles the last few days. Why can't the cleaning faerie show up on the days I work as well? She seems to only be around on my days off... Hrm... might be a pattern there.

Tricia, you must have been reading my mind! I was going to get on and ask for safer treat ideas. It is funny how easily you can forget. I like the idea of increasing your snack size a little bit, especially if you are having fatigue problems on the lower calorie days. Makes perfect sense to me! Hey, on the glass front, were all the windows up tight on your van? My dad used to install auto glass, and he would be called out to parking lots all the time for shattered windows. It gets too hot here, and the pressure change when you open a door can make it burst.

Lucky, yeah, that was one great big, smoking gun. He does know it has to be for me, but Tony also has a great way of knowing just when and what to say to give me that little boost I need to get back on the path. Quite frankly, I've been making excuses long enough. Time to get back to work, huh! And just cause I'm thinking of you right now, I'm going to go do some crunches on my big *** ball this very minute!

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 09:17 AM   #33  

Andria, we can't figure out this window for the life of us. All of the window were up (they are automatic so they shouldn't have been any tighter than usual). We are having warmer weather but certainly nothing close to what they have to sustain (100+) during the summers. In fact, the temperature yesterday was less than 90 degrees. And nothing touched it as far as we can tell - no signs or a kid with a bb gun, or a crashing bird. And we hadn't opened the doors or anything. It just broke for no apparent reason. Our insurance will cover it and our deductable will be $250 or less. Greg was cleaning out the garage while the kids were playing and riding their bikes. I'm just so thankful that they were all in the garage with him at the time. They could have very easily been in the line of fire so to speak.

You are very lucky that Tony cares enough about you to be honest about your weight. I've read so many posts in other threads from women whose husbands/boyfriends complained that they weren't physically attractive because of their weight. What a horrible relationship to be in. I know that Greg appreciates the look of a thinner more fit woman - but I also know that he sees the whole picture when it comes to me. He has encouraged me to lose weight and I am grateful for that because I know it was done so that we will have a higher quality (and longer) life together not because he couldn't stand to look at me. So, find a way to stick with this because you deserve it and Tony deserves it!

This is Will's last week of school. Wednesday is a half day and then he is done. You know, everyone warned me how hard it would be to drop him off for his first day of kindergarten. But not one person mentioned how sad I would feel on his last day! His teacher made books and journals out of their work and they are in order from the first day on. Just thumbing through them and seeing his progress is so exciting but makes me miss the LITTLE little boy too. He informed me this morning that sometimes when boys think a girl is pretty they say that she is "hot". He went on to explain that they don't say it to her face just when she can't here. So here we are getting dressed and I'm explaining to a 6 year old that girls like it much better if you just tell them they are pretty to their face and that calling them hot behind their back might be a compliment but it is a rude one.

Well, I weighed in at 156.6 this morning but I checked my body fat percentage last night and was down 1%. So, I'm down 1.5 lbs. of fat, and up 1.2 in either muscle or water. I'm okay with that. I'll have my measurements taken at the gym on the 1st and I expect that they will support the scale. I'm trying so hard not to get ahead of myself. The scale gets stuck for a while about every 5 lbs now and I have to take a deep breath, think about it logically, and forget about it. I know everyone says that maintenance is the hard part because you don't have the instant gratification from the scale. But I can't wait to get there. I'm not being instantly gratified NOW so I really look forward to the day I can get on the scale and just be concerned with whether or not it went up - not crossing my fingers and hoping that it went down.

It is time for breakfast. You all have a terrific day!

Tricia
Old 05-23-2005, 01:52 PM   #34  

Yay! I get to amend my last post. I was getting my clothes out of the closet this morning and had to move my scale. When I did I noticed that the settings had been changed (this is a favorite toy of the kids what with all the beeps and everything). So I adjusted them back to 0 and, what do you know, I actually did lose scale weight this week - 1.4 pounds! So, that means I only gained half a pound of muscle but lost 2 pounds of ugly, ugly, fat!

I know I shouldn't care. I know I shouldn't get so excited about the scale. But, I do so that is that. My day just got a whole lot better!

Tricia
Old 05-23-2005, 07:46 PM   #35  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I just got back from Curves with my oldest daughter. We had so much fun! They were playing some salsa kind of music, and the two of us were dancing on the recovery stations. Our owner, Judy, ran to get sombreros and maracas for the two of us. We were dancing around between the machines and having a ball! I love that my daughter isn't so painfully shy like I was at her age. We had a blast!

Today was my first day logging all my food and exercise on DietPower. From what I gather, it is a lot like FitDay that Tricia uses. I have my goal weight set for one month out, and the program helps figure out my metabolism and the proper caloric intake for me to reach that goal. I've used it in the past and loved it, but like anything, it was easy to let slide until I wasn't doing it at all anymore. It felt so empowering to log my food and exercise and see that I'm right on track for the day.

Tricia, Congratulations! You are getting sososo close to your goal! The window thing does sound bizarre. I'm with you on being grateful no one was around to get hurt. Your story about your little boy brought back so many memories. There are days I really miss my girls being little, but wow, they are so much fun now. We don't get to keep them long enough, though. It kills me to think that I have maybe 4 more years with my oldest, unless I can talk her into living with us during college. I'm prepared to beg, BTW!

Lucky, did the wind get you? Actually, I'm guessing you are busy (busier than usual, I should say!) catching up on everything you weren't able to do while you were studying. Just wanted an excuse to say hi to you.

Kat, I miss you.

Anyone know where Kat is or how she is doing?

I need to get dinner made before all my energy fades. I am so up today that I kind of didn't nap after getting off work this morning... Oops?

Talk to you all later!

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 10:27 AM   #36  

Andria, you are sososo right. I am close to my goal.

The problem? The closer I get to 135 the more I realize that somewhere between 115 and 120 is probably closer to what I will be happy with. I'm making a real effort not to get ahead of myself so I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Have a great day!

Tricia
Old 05-24-2005, 01:14 PM   #37  
Gloria

I'm back and boy it feels good to be home. Have lots to tell you but for now i need food and a shower.
I feel like I've been road hard and put away wet.
Talk to you soon.
Gloria
5 dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 03:25 PM   #38  
Gloria

Gina is my DIL. She is the one who graduated.

Old 05-24-2005, 03:41 PM   #39  
Gloria

Old 05-24-2005, 04:01 PM   #40  
Gloria

Old 05-24-2005, 06:47 PM   #41  

Thumbs up

Yippee, Gloria is back. I can't wait to hear all the stories. You look so pretty - but I think you stole my hair cut!!!!!

Anyway, I have to go to the Nursing Home - check in later.
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 07:18 PM   #42  
Gloria

Yes yes yes, i am so into a new challenge. I have an idea for a new one that I'd like your opinion on. We all know that exercise plays a big part in losing weight but its not something we have to do each and everyday, so i was thinking maybe we could set a goal of how much exercise we are going to do for that week, and then report on how much we actually accomplished at the end of the week. Eating is something we have to do each and everyday and altho sometime i do eat the wrong foods, it is something that I'm more aware of when I'm doing it. Exercising for me has become a chore and its something i tell myself i can put off till tomorrow. Well, tomorrow comes and goes and still no Y.M.C.A or riding old blue. This is the one place i am having soooo much trouble with. So what do you think?

Welcome Vegan Vixen. I'm looking forward to getting to know you. I've been away for the past week for my DIL's graduation but am now ready to start a new beginning.

Lucky, i am 53 years old and have had the same hairdo since i was in my twenties. Now if your younger than me, then maybe YOU stole my do from me.

Talk to y'all soon.
Gloria
P.S. I was looking at the picture i posted today and realized that i have a fat face. Must do something about that.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:56 AM   #43  

Fat face? Gloria, what are you talking about? When I saw your picture I thought to myself that you don't even look overweight! You have a beautiful family. What kind of doctor will your DIL be?

Well, today is Will's last day of kindergarten. I'm feeling a bit emotional to say the least. He came home yesterday with a big surprise for me in his bookbag. He won the Citizenship Award for his class - he was the best behaved and most helpful throughout the year. In fact, he was the only kid in his class who didn't even get a warning for bad behavior. Needless to say I am about to burst at the seams with pride. It isn't easy for a six year old to control himself all year long! He said that they called is name over the intercom (and the kids from the other classes that had won various awards) and asked them to report to the library. When he got there the principal was waiting for them and gave them their certificates. He was so excited that he got to shake her hand - you know in kindergarten the principal is practically a celebrity. I have to admit that the best part for me is that now he has something that he wants to strive to live up to. He's set a standard for himself so to speak. In fact, that was one of the first things he told me - that he hoped he could get this again in the first grade.

I've gotta run and get dressed. Today is just a half day and he has invited the entire family (my parents and his cousin) to McDonald's for a "celebration lunch".

I will be back later, though. I have some diet, weight loss, motivation, issues that I need support and advice on. Talk to you then.

Tricia
Old 05-25-2005, 11:44 AM   #44  
Gloria

Wow, you all are the best! Thank you for telling me I'm pretty and don't look like i need to lose weight, but the fact of the matter is when someone pulls out a camera and wants to start taking pictures, i always find someone to stand in front of me so all you can see of me is from the wast up. Because I'm tall, (5'9') an extra 10 pounds doesn't look to bad on me. Its my clothes that i have a hard time dealing with because everything is tight tight tight, so i tend to wear everything baggy.

You have every right to brag away on you son, Tricia. Children are so very precious and when they know there parents are bursting with pride because of something they did, there self esteem improves tremendously.

My DIL has a Ph.D. in political science. The day Gina graduated, her father, who also has a Ph.D and teaches at the same university, put the hooded robes on her. I was told that only a person with a Ph.D can hood a graduating student. So my question is, who put the hooded robes on the first graduating student?

Have a ton of wash waiting for me so will say so long for now.
Gloria
Old 05-25-2005, 08:10 PM   #45  

Thumbs up

Stop do not post here but join us on "Sanctuary - #23 Everyone Welcome"
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote