Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 07:30 PM   #166  

Hey all...whew ya wear me out lol, I cannot seem to keep up with ya all...geez...Jill...I agree, men are not as hung up on looks as we women are led to believe...Sure, there are those asses who feel they are the best things since sliced bread, but, in majority, we are more upset about how we look then they are...I drive my DH crazy over it, and he just tells me that he wants to feel my skin against his skin because I am his wife and he loves me just the way I am...You need to learn to communicate this stuff now before you move in together and before anything else for that matter...I agree with the eating out thing too...If you make your own meals, even if it is just one a day, you know exactly what you are adding to them...even if you have to be stern and tell him how important it is to you that he share this with you...Now, me, I went off the deep end this weekend, and my ankles are swollen becuz of it and becuz TOM is arriving any moment now...( I hope...unless we got lucky...which would be nice)...I really hope Marge is okay...I hope she is just haveing PC problems...And I hope she knows we are all worried over her...BBL, HAG1 all..Di
Old 05-30-2005, 02:35 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Goodmorning !! I seem to be alone this morning... so far...

Diana - you are alive too! How are you doing these days? Hows Curves? The diet? The inches? The website? Lookie me.. so many questions!

kykaree - my bf and I don't do the s*x thing much anymore... I credit that to being SO busy all the time.. how are you supposed to feel close to someone if the only time you see them is when you are running errands! And partly it's my fault. This world is just too busy these days..

Kimberley - What are you going to do for hitting your 220 goal mark? And how are those beans coming along? I thought of you yesterday while I was in the grocery store, we were buying things to make Chilli, we decided against using kidney beans though.. but only because my bf doesn't like them. No tooting at work for me!

Jill - I hope you talked to him.. at least explain the crying thing. Kimberley is right, you don't know what he was thinking about. I was talking to my bf about it last night, and he just kinda brushed it off (about me gaining weight), and then I mentioned how the only thing he thinks about is that my boobs are bigger now. That set him off, he was suddenly interested in what I was saying... I love how simple men are sometimes It's weird, when I'm in "weight loss" mode, I don't think about what I look like now, I have this little picture in my head of how I used to look. I find the more I hate myself.. the less I lose.

Where is Sara? And Marge... do any of us know her last name? I had her email address, but deleted it a while ago.. I'm gonna look and see if I wrote it down anywhere.. Well I am off to buy some fruits and veggies! Have a great one!

-Aimee
Old 05-30-2005, 02:45 PM   #168  

So I just clicked on Marge's profile and it says she was "active" yesterday at 11:15am! I believe thats in my time..

-Aimee
Old 05-30-2005, 06:55 PM   #169  

Smile

hey all ...yes Aimee, still doing Curves, have not weighed or measured lately, will do next Sunday, am incorporating walks and biking this week on top of it...I know what you mean about the boob thing, seems like that is the first place it is really showing, unfortunately, I have always been a c cup, so hopefully this will not change...I do have these lovely rolls of flab on my back that we lovingly call my jiggle bags, and they are disappearing...I think that is my real problem too, I know in my mind what I used to look like and it can be discouraging ...sigh...Hmm, Marge was on yesterday eh? Hmm, will have to try contacting her to see what is up...well, am off, hope ya all are having a great week...And Dh and I still act like we are newlyweds so I am thankful for that I guess, lol... (((Di)))

Last edited by DianaLS; 05-30-2005 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:27 PM   #170  

Wowsers, I think today takes the cake for the slowest day on here!

Diana - good to hear you are still going strong Lucky you for staying the same chest size! I'd kill for that, I have bra's ranging from a 34B to a 40D! I have always had relatively proportionate chest size, I have a pretty small waist though so my girls have always looked larger than they really are. As for Marge.. I sent her a private msg a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything back yet, and I checked everywhere for her email address, unless it's in one of these posts, I don't have it

Well I am off! I keep forgetting it's a long weekend in the USA.. so I imagine we'll have Jill back then..

-Aimee
Old 05-31-2005, 02:04 AM   #171  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Sorry I've been scarce - family thangs with the holiday. We had a cookout today and had my folks over, plus two of Howie's brothers. Nice time had by all.

Today was definitely treat day...Didn't start out that way, but I was at my calories *really* early today. Did drink a good bit of water, though. Heh. I'm not worrying about it. We stocked up on our good veggies and I got a bunch of fresh chicken on sale ($1.58 / pound!) so we're set.

I've not even thought about what I want to do for my 220 goal, to tell you the truth! I've been stuck in such a rut lately, it sometimes feels like those 5 pounds are going to take a month or more to come off. Whatever my goal treat is, it's got to be like the non-scale victories...Only non-cash. Okay, maybe not totally free, but still inexpensive. LOL!

Last edited by Gardenwife; 05-31-2005 at 02:07 AM.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:59 AM   #172  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hehe, yup, I'm back now that the long weekend is over. Jeff and I left Saturday morning to go visit his mother (about 2 hours away). We ended up spending the night (had packed a bag because we knew it was a possibility), and we didn't get back here till about 6:30 Monday evening, so that's why I wasn't around much for the long weekend.

Thanks for listening to my little rant the other night, everyone. I didn't exactly have a huge heart-to-heart with Jeff about any of it (and I didn't read any of your posts until just now), but I did at least mention it. I was making peirogies and keilbasa with barbecue sauce last night (YUM!--lowfat keilbasa, of course) to pack up for meals for this week, and Jeff came in the kitchen saying it smelled really good and he wanted to try it. I told him he couldn't try any of it because I had already measured and counted everything for exactly 6 servings--8 slices of keilbasa and 3 peirogies per meal--so if he ate any, it would mess up my serving sizes and calories per meal! He looked at me like I was insane. Now, he knows I eat healthier when he's not around, but I don't think he realized the extent of my calorie obsession. I explained to him that in order to make up for how I eat on the weekends, I have to be extra strict with what I eat during the week in order to still lose weight. Lose weight. That was the FIRST time I had ever even mentioned losing weight to him. I have always talked about eating healthier, counting calories, watching fat and sodium intake, eating more fruits, etc., but I had never actually used the words "lose weight." I mean, it's obvious that I need to lose weight (even thought people think I weigh less than I do because I "carry it well," you can't really hide all 150 extra pounds!), but actually saying the words to him was a first. Anyway, like I said, it wasn't exactly a heart-to-heart, just a casual conversation. I mentioned that I needed to keep losing weight in order to not have minor emotional breakdowns like I had on Friday night. He didn't ask what I was talking about, so I knew he knew what I was referring to. Then I joked (very rarely do we have a conversation without kidding or sarcasm) that I would still have the emotional breakdowns occasionally simply because I am a woman, but that I might have them less frequently. He just smiled and hugged me for a while. I love it when he just hugs me Then he said that since I wouldn't let him have any peirogies, he would just have some cake (his mother had sent practically half of a 3-layer chocolate cake home with us), and I told him to go ahead since if he didn't eat it, I would just throw it out cuz I couldn't have it in my house. When I was done cooking and packing the food, I ended up having one extra peirogie, so he got one anyway

I am not a cryer normally. When I get upset or frustrated or whatever, I just get kinda tense. I don't cry in front of people. However, when it comes to talking to Jeff about something serious, it seems I always just start crying, and then I'm breathing so heavily that it's hard to speak clearly, and it just turns into a mess. That's why I usually wait for some times to pass before discussing an event, ya know? Like Friday night, if I had tried talking to him about it then, I would have just ended up bawling and it would have taken an hour just for him to figure out what I was trying to say! I think he at least had some idea what it was about, though, since I had protested being on top at first. Who knows. In any case, he puts up with my crackheaded emotional moments quite well, and I love him for that

I will leave the story of staying at his mother's house (and the trip home) for later--if I try to continue adding to this post, it'll all be about 4 pages long before I'm done (and that would be a record even for me!) Thanks again for being there, everyone. OH, and while ya'll are discussing the boob thing--I'm only a B-cup (I wear a 44B right now), so I can't afford to lose ANY of what I've got--if anything, I wish I could just shift some of the fat from my stomach into my boobs and call it a day
Old 05-31-2005, 10:49 AM   #173  

"mean, it's obvious that I need to lose weight (even thought people think I weigh less than I do because I "carry it well," you can't really hide all 150 extra pounds!)"~~jill

LOL, I hear ya there...I get that all the time...even Heather looked at me and said "I don't know but you don't look anywhere near what the scale says you weigh"..I have mixed emotions about that...I know the scale does not lie, but at least I don't look as big as if I were shorter...and Good to see you are making meals for yourself, WTG!
Old 05-31-2005, 11:21 AM   #174  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

I'm here too!!

These long weekends kill me! No time to get online at all! I was barely able to get on for 5 mins yesterday to post my weight in the 100lb club, and Sam was getting huffy with me cuz she wanted to get going. Down another 2 pounds this week; amazing considering we went out for dinner and drinks for our friends birthday and I made up my mind that I was going to order whatever I felt like and have no issue with it. We went to Tumbleweed, and I had chips an salsa, and a BBQ beef Quesadilla with Gucamole. Wow, was it ever good! I have not an ounce of guilt over it either. One splurge meal in almost 6 months... I can handle that!!

We went to Sam's parents for a cookout on sunday; which I was dreading, because they do not eat very healthy. And much to my surprise, they totally staed within my plan!! Just because of me and how well I'm doing! I still ate WAY more than I normally do, but it was all fresh veges and fruit, grilled chicken breast all with no sauces!

Jill, I understand and know exactly what you are feeling when it comes to being a big girl and sex. I have an extreemly loving and careing partner that never fails to assure me that she won't be squished! and That every part of me is beautiful! I'm sure Jeff feels that way about you too! Talk to him. I know it's hard but he loves you and will care for you no matter what!

On board with the bra issue, I am totally wierd... I started as a 46D and just bought a 42DD yesterday... Why the heck would they have to get BIGGER!?!
Old 05-31-2005, 12:19 PM   #175  

LOL @ Sara...good one about them getting bigger...lol, OMG, my hubby would be in heaven if they did that....well, guys, no TOM yet...I had really swollen feet the other day, and so emotional...thought for sure I was gonna statr...nada, ...Nothing yet...sigh..that annoys me when that happens...maybe we got lucky, but try not to get my hopes up..well, gotta run, ((Diana))
Old 05-31-2005, 01:39 PM   #176  

Goodmorning!! It's POURING rain here, and after the weather we've been having lately.. it feels a little odd. I had planned on going for a walk with my friend, but we can't in this kinda rain. We watched Miss Universe last night while babbling on the phone, and Canada won! She was the best, she was a little muscular, and had a great figure. I don't know WHAT it was all about, some of those girls dresses were a little sl*tty! The slits just went a little too high for National Television! Not only THAT! But some of their hair was SO frizzy, it looked like they forgot the product stage! It's easy to be critical, and a little fun too

Jill - WB! I think that some guys don't work as hard as we do to lose weight, I know my bf wouldn't ever count calories in order to lose weight. My bf has a little bit of a concept of what I have to do in order to lose weight, I am a talker though, I'm always talking about something, heh. I suspect I also "carry" my weight well, I know from all my friends and stuff that I weigh the most but wear the same size. I'm in a size 18 except at Old Navy where I'm in a 20, man, their dress pants fit weird! I'm almost in a 16, maybe 10 pound to go. I do hate the fact that I gain weight EVERYWHERE, I'd like to have one nice body part!

Diana - while the scale doesn't lie, I don't always like it when people say I don't look my weight. Because the fact is, I do weigh that much, and don't need to justify it. I read in magazines how they say to do weights because muscle weighs more than fat.. and that it's better to stay the same weight but have some muscles. It annoys me, and I'm probably not quoting them properly, but grrrr! I have lots of weight to lose, and their little "tips" are made for girls who only have to lose a couple pounds.

Sara - you were wearing the wrong bra size! Most women wear the wrong bra size, I used to fit women for bra's at my old job, and when we actually FIT the women, it made such a huge difference. I have a friend who used to wear a size 38DDD, which barely fit her! She got sized for a bra and ended up being a 42D. Glad you had good weekend, and that Sam's parents thought to make food for you Congrats on the 2 pounds as well!!

While I was posting this, work called.. I hate it when they call me. They want me to come into work, I said I was heading out the door and wouldn't be back until 4pm. And she said it was PERFECT, so I am going into work from 4-6:15. She said I could stay until 8, but Josh is going to bed at 7 ish these days and I wanna get home before he goes to bed. He probably won't be going to bed at 7, only because I'll be gone, which means he'll sneak a nap.. heh. I figured I had to say yes, because I said no to filling in a shift next week at another store. It's hard this shift work crap, Josh gets the same days off every week, and of course I ONLY really work the weekends. I'm ready for a grown up job! Okay, I'm done venting, and now I'm off to make some breakfast!

-Aimee
Old 05-31-2005, 06:22 PM   #177  

Hi all. What a day, we were manic at work, and I ended up working overtime to try and get things under control, but the harder I worked the more manic I got. I ended up missing the gym today grrrrrrrrrrrrr.......and it was shut Monday!!!! Will have to go in my lunch hour tomorrow...eek!!!! And not sure when I will get there Thursday, and Friday is my birthday, and I doubt I will get there then. Golly gee, where does the time go, no wonder there is no time for s*x!!!!! LOL

I've always carried my weight well too, which is kind of frustrating but sort of good. I would like to carry my weight a bit more evenly. I am such a pear shape (or an hour glass with all the sand at the bottom) I don't understand bra sizes in US/UK (in bras we seem to be the same, but not in normal clothes) and in Oz the bra sizes are completely different. I have been an 18D forever....so much so that mum bought me a bra for my birthday in the same size I was 10 years ago, and it fit!!!! It's a lovely sports bra, I adore it.

Right-o, nearly my bed time. I do hope Marge checks in soon, I sure do miss her.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:04 PM   #178  

hey all, boy Marge is reallllly reeeeeaaallly busy, or has abandoned ship...lol...hope it is the first of the two...in any case will one of you start a new thread tomorrow for June, so we can keep it going in case she is too busy? Happy early BDay to you, karee, in case I don't see ya b4 then guess we all have body issues lol, I am apple shaped...and hate it...immensely...not as round as my mom, thank goodness, at least I have a waist and a butt, she has neither...but, would like a tinier waist...and, on that note, am off, HAG1!!
Old 05-31-2005, 10:22 PM   #179  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

I didn't inherit my mom's apple shape, either. Height hides a multitude of sins, thank goodness. Aimee, I'm going to get some really good bras once I reach goal, and I'm going to have someone fit me for them. That's going to be my treat, though buying everyday undergarments is hardly a treat.

Don't look at me to start the thread tomorrow...Not unless y'all don't want one started until 2 or 3pm (GMT -5:00). Methinks it should be one of you early risers.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:44 PM   #180  

Oh yes! Tomorrow is June 1st! It really should be Marge..

So work was complete pointless today, waste of 2 hours of my life! More than 2 hours, because I had to get there, and get back. When I walked in I knew the store was completely dead all day, the two staff members who were on were just standing there. Ah well, I got paid. I looked at my schedule for June 6 - 12th, I have 11.5 hours. It's going to be a very very poor week for me.. I don't know how she expects the store to be looking good, and stock to be done if there is no staff on. I guess I can *hope* to be called in last minute, even though I hate that. I just need hours before our vacation.

kykaree - it's amazing how fast time goes! I just realized tomorrow is June! JUNE! Completely insane, huh? Seems like yesterday it was March.. I kinda wish it was March, I would like to redo some of that time..

Diana - lookie you go! So much posting! My mom has an apple body shape, tiny-ish legs, bigger belly, and small chest size, I guess I am kinda lucky in that sense. I like having a well defined waist, but hate the trade off of having big thighs! I wonder if its possible for anyone to be 100% happy with their body..

Kimberley - buying a good bra and good underwear makes clothes fit even better! I think they are totally a treat, only because they are SO expensive normally! Well, they can be expensive. The underwear I buy is 35 bucks for 3 pairs, a little insane, but they fit me SO good, it does feel like I'm wearing them (commando is NOT my style!). I get my bra's at Lane Bryant, they push my girls up, protect them from the cold (they are a molded cup), and give me a little padding where I need it (at the bottom, I am bigger up top if that makes sense).

Well girls, I had SUCH a healthy eating day... while I did have a coke, the food I ate was SO healthy. I'm impressed with myself! Have a great night gals! And I'll talk to you in JUNE!

-Aimee
Closed Thread