Old 04-25-2005, 12:34 AM   #46  
I will suceed!!!

This job, the working conditions are hot, and I have been drinking a TON of water, sweating my butt off, and I'm happy to report that I am back to 238~Out of necessity, I've cut back on my soda intake,because working in the heat, I needed water, badly, and the soda was making me sick to my stomach....that and I'm so hot and tired I don't feel like eating near as often, so that's an added bonus. I sat down to eat a "real" meal instead of something at work that was fast. And I got filled up with half the portion I normally do. I think this job is going to be good for my weightloss! WooHoo!
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 12:51 AM   #47  
mom5kidz

What kind of job do you have? I used to work in the HS lunchroom, which was HOT during a few months, and drinking water was a routine for all of us. Every so often we would get a diet soda, but for the most part it was water.

Good luck and ^5
kclay61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 09:18 AM   #48  

Tabitha- Hey, whatever works, right?

Kim- I'm about the worst for procrastinating- anything that should be done now can always be done later when there is only about 5 minutes to run all of the errands before the kid gets home from school.

Chris- Fortunately, my ex and I get along these days. We actually never really stopped. We just lived life like roommates- opposite schedules and separate lives. I'd told him I wanted a divorce for a while, but his reasoning not to was honestly "it's just not convenient." He finally changed his tune when he started dating someone else and agreed to get a divorce. Sometimes I think "rational man" is an oxymoron.

Mel- I spent most of last week being a bum with this stupid cold that I can't shake. I did finally get around to working out on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday though. I'm still on the bellydancing kick, but I threw in Carmen Electra's strip aerobics last night. At least my husband never complains about the workout DVDs I buy
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 07:15 PM   #49  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Okay Kim...How did the weigh in go? Inquiring minds want to know.

Tabi-Good job on being at 238. I have those days where I drink a ton of water...lately I haven't drank nearly enough.

Chelle-I try to get along with my ex for the sake of Tiana but sometimes, it's very hard. My main complaint with him is that he doesn't seem overly interested in things going on with Tiana. Can't change that. He'll have to make a conscious effort himself.

Mel-If you could find me a catalog for those jeans, that would be great.

Okay...Hello to the rest of you. I'm going to play on uproar.com for a bit before Kelly gets home.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 07:15 PM   #50  

I was afraid we were going to end up somewhere on page 30 of the posts at this rate.

I'm doing pretty badly lately- not eating what I should and not exercising as often as I used to. I really need to get back on track. I want to look decent when I see my in-laws again in August, even if I can't look great.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 04:42 PM   #51  
Focus on the Process

Hi Chelle,
Not much going on here either. My eating sucks. Exercise might be a bit better but nothing outstanding there either. I walk around the school's track 2 times a week while Kayla does her swim lessons. Other than that...non-existent. I don't know what's wrong with me. I desperately want to look better and feel better and be a skinny minnie but I just don't have the drive right now. And I really don't know what its' going to take to get it back.

Today is just a hanging around the house kind of day. I got almost all the housework done so that I don't have to do all that tomorrow. There is so much going on, running around, things to do...there's just no time to relax or get any "me" time in.

Well, I'm going to finish my laundry. ANd see if I can find something to do that's fun. TTFN,
Chris
Old 04-30-2005, 07:24 PM   #52  
soontobethin

Hi, all. Did any of you miss me? It's been crazy here with all my school stuff, and my son's school stuff, and we bought a house, so doing that too. I miss everyone. I need to get my butt back on here for support. Hi to all of you. Several newbies since I was last here. Have a great weekend.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 07:57 PM   #53  
mom5kidz

I have NO idea where my brain is - I never posted, last Monday, about my WI did I? And here it is almost another Monday - I lost 1lb last week - I'm hoping this week will be a bigger loss. I think TOM and stress is what made me loose just 1lb - I know, a loss is a loss, but it was kind of disheartning, for me.

Today has been my normal Sunday - DH hasn't been home since Friday morning - he is a Haz-Mat director and there was a truck to go off the mountain and it was full of fuel, literally, it was a fuel tanker, so DH had to go help with the clean-up. Now he's on his way to deliver a couple of "boxes" that were supposed to have been delivered yesterday.

Any-who, I've been cleaning and doing laundry today - that way, when DH gets home, we can spend some time together before he heads out the door again Monday morning.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:19 PM   #54  

Hello All, I'm trying to find the right support group for me. This my be it!! I'm a SAHM (and this is one of my problems I'm never home- why do they call it Stay at home who does?) to 3 children DS 6, DD 4 and DS 2. I have a great DH for 7 yeras now. We have both been working on getting in shape. Alot easier for him. He says I'm going to loss so weight and by the end of the week he has dropped 6 pounds and never changing any food habits just going the the Y a couple of times me. Its been 3 weeks and lost 3 pounds . I feel like all I do id run here is what my week looks like is this normal or can I really not say no!!
Mw- 8:30-10 YMCA
11:45-12:15 speech for DD
2:00 pick up oldest
every other MWF watch another 2 year old.
TR 8:30 drop off DD at preschool
11:30 pick up
11:45-1:45 playdates
2:00 pick up oldest
F 8:30-10 YMCA
11-1:45 playdate
then with the normal cleaning, homework, cooking and all.

My youngest is still nursing so that takes up some time.
I'm going to try and get into the doc this week to see if I have any medical problems of way I'm having a hard tome lossing. My DH has he can tell that I have lost some. We can do things that we had a hard time doing now that we have kids.
I did curves a little over a year ago and went 4 times a week and was doing WW and gained weight that right gained. not muscle but fat
So now its been the YMCA which I love going never thought I would say that but I am enjoying MY time doing something for me. for me have not done that really in 6 years. But I really think that is hard for most Mom's.
Well I will stop and go for now. Thanks for reading!!
~workit~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 09:42 AM   #55  
Focus on the Process

Workit-Welcome! This is just a fast post to let you know that I read your post. I have to go to work like ....NOW! Oh my gosh. I'll get back here later and properly introduce myself. I'm generally a stay at home mom but I work 2 days a week for my dad. See you in a bit....

~chris
Old 05-02-2005, 03:49 PM   #56  
mom5kidz

Monday weigh in, for me, showed a 3.5lb loss - I'm so happy - I knew that TOM had something to do with my low weight loss last week
Old 05-02-2005, 09:57 PM   #57  
Focus on the Process

Great weigh in Kim! I myself, am scared to check the scale. I am so far off program.

Okay..Hello Workit! I'm back. I'm Chris. 34 yrs old. Mother of 3 girls: Tiana, 11 yrs, Kayla 6 yrs, and Nicole 2 1/2. I have rheumatoid arthritis (for 6 yrs now). I live in Montana. Am married to Kelly. We have our own appliance repair service business now. I work part-time for my dad but am basically a stay at home mom. I did WW in the past and did SB for awhile but I just can't get into the groove right now. Don't know what my problem is. I"m not eating good and I'm not exercising as much as I should be. Hopefully I'll get over this hump and back on track. Nice of you to join us.

Okay gals...where are the rest of you? No fair hiding. Jeniqua, Tabitha, Mel, Chrissy, MichelleJ...(((HHHEEELLLLOOOO)).

BTW Ricci-How are you doing girl? So you got into your new house. That's great. When things slow down, we expect a longggg post from you.

I gotta go find my children. TTFN
~chris
Old 05-02-2005, 11:23 PM   #58  
mom5kidz

Who is/was this Redskirt girl? I see one post from her and then she is no more. Does she have another nick? Just wondering.

Hope everyone has a great night and an even better Tuesday.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:47 AM   #59  
Focus on the Process

Redskirt is Tabitha. She doesn't get to post much anymore because she took on a full-time job. I think she is splitting up with her husband. But last I heard, she was working 80 hours a week or so.

So Kim, How's the day going? I'm home with my DD and my sick husband. He's at the doctor right now. His glands are swollen in his neck and now its really stiff, and his throat is almost swollen shut. Fun stuff.... So today I'm going to be Mom/Wife/CleaningLady/Errand runner/Nurse. Now if I could just get paid for it.

I did get some exercise in yesterday. I took DD#2 (Kayla) for a bike ride. Tonight is going to be walking around the track while she has her swim lessons. I've started the morning off okay though. A bowl of whole grain cereal and 1% milk. I have to take control of this weight problem of mine or I'll never get it off me.

Talk to you soon.
~chris

Morning Workit, Chelle, and you other lurkers....
Old 05-03-2005, 11:57 AM   #60  
soontobethin

Morning,chris. Sounds like you will be a busy lady today. We haven't got into the house yet, but hopefully we will close in a couple of weeks. I can't wait. It looks like everyone has been doing good with their workouts and weight loss. I have been keeping up on my workouts, and my weight has stalled, but thats a good thing. I have my 10 year high school reunion in a few weeks. It doesn't seem like its been 10 years. Today is my anniversary. Been married for 8 years. Anyway, I have to go and get some stuff done around here. Have a great day everyone.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote