Old 04-08-2005, 10:34 AM   #31  
Gloria

Yesterday while riding old blue i saw a sign hanging from a telephone post that said GARAGE SALE this way. I figured it was an old sign from last weekend, but what the heck, what could it hurt to check it out. So i followed the signs and they brought me to this house where the garage door was open and a man and a ton of stuff was inside. The man looked like he was trying to clean up the garage, so i asked him about the sale. He said it would be this Saturday but if i wanted to look now then that would be okay. He had a 1960 Ethan Allen love seat that also pulled out to make a single bed. The fabric was this awful burnt orange color but the frame and bed were in excellent condition. I asked him how much he wanted for the love seat and he said "80 dollars. Well shoot, i can always reupholster the darn thing, so i offered him 75 and he took it.
The house we have in upper Georgia only has a bed, rocking chair and small T.V., so this love seat will give us something to sit on when we go up there.

Tricia, one of my dogs is very old and has a hard time jumping up on the bed to greet hubby and me in the morning, so the stool i went dumpster diving for will be placed next to the bed so she can say good morning to us also.

Don't get discouraged about your weight Chelsea. I know its easer said than done, but you will find that just when you think your doing really good, the scale never moves. I don't know why this happens, i just know it does and it can be very discouraging. Don't give up on it though. You will reach your goal and will feel proud of yourself for not giving up. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Darn this computer! Half the time i cant get on line, and the other half I'm waiting for the stupid thing to connect.

I wanted to wish Lucky a happy birthday this morning but it maybe late tonight before i can post this message.

Lucky, hope you had a good birthday.

Gloria

Last edited by 5 dogs; 04-08-2005 at 10:41 AM.
5 dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 10:38 AM   #32  
Gloria

Old 04-08-2005, 10:59 AM   #33  

Happy Birthday Lucky!! Hope you have an awesome day!!

Gloria, I'm so happy for you that you have lost so much weight and are fitting in your skinny clothes!! That's wonderful!

Well, I weighed in this a.m. and it looks like I've lost some more lbs. I had to change my start weight because...well, it's a wierd thing with my scale, but 367 is a more correct weight at my start. Anyway, I'm so tired still and I'm going back to bed.
Chelsea
Chelseagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 04:22 PM   #34  

Good afternoon everybody!

We have such a busy weekend so I might not get to post again until Sunday night.

We have a karate test, a birthday party, 3 soccer games, and a soccer awards ceremony - and that is just Saturday!

Gloria, My goodness! Old Blue has opened all kinds of doors for you, huh? I'm telling you, I LOVE gargage sales. I love to have them, love to go to them. We had one just before we moved. I always find it so interesting to see what people will haggle over. Plus, we had some really nice things for soooo cheap (we weren't trying to make money just get rid of stuff fast so that we didn't have to box it up - the money was a plus though! ) That stuff was the last to sell - but the worthless crap we had out sold like crazy. I guess it is true that one man's trash is another man's treasure. What didn't sell we put out on the curb. We had maybe three people stop and ask if we minded if they went through it all. Of course, we didn't. One of the ladies told me that they drive through the very upscale neighborhoods on trash day. Most of them here have covenants that don't allow yard sales so she said you would be amazed at the things they put out as trash so as not to have to find another way to get rid of it.

Way to go Chelsea! Pounds lost are pounds lost even if your start weight chanes. You are doing great. Keep up the good work!

Happy Birtday To You, Happy Birthday To You! Happy Birthday, Dear Lucky! Happy Birthday To YOU! AND Many Mooooooore!

Wish I could talk longer but we are on our way out the door to karate. Hopefully I'll at least get to check in between now and Sunday but, just in case, y'all have a great weekend!
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 06:32 PM   #35  
Hang In There

Just for you Lucky!!!

Don't have much time, but I wanted y ou to know I was thinking about you!!! Hope you have a great day, ahd Hello to everyone else!

Barb.g
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 07:57 AM   #36  
Gloria

My daughter Jamie sent this to me. Thought you might get a laugh out of it.

If you read this without laughing out loud, there is something wrong with you. This is dedicated to everyone who ever attempted to get into a*regular workout routine.

Dear Diary,

For my*birthday this year, my wife (the dear) purchased a week*of*personal training at the local health club for me. Although I am still ingreat shape since*serving 22 years in the Marines and playing golf almost every day,*I*decided*it would be a good idea to go ahead and give it a try.Called the club and made my reservation with a personal trainer named*Belinda, who identified herself as a 26 yr old aerobics instructor and*model for athletic clothing and swim wear. My wife seemed pleased with my*enthusiasm to get started! The club encouraged me to keep a diary to chart my progress.

MONDAY: Started my day at 6:00am. Tough to get out of bed, but it was well*worth it when I arrived at the health club to find Belinda waiting for*me.* She was something of a Greek goddess -- with blonde hair, dancing eyes and a dazzling white smile.

Woo Hoo!!!!!

Belinda gave me a tour and showed me the machines. She took my pulse*after*5 minutes on the treadmill. She was alarmed that my pulse was so fast, but I attributed it to standing next to her in her Lycra aerobics outfit. I*enjoyed watching the skillful way in which she conducted her aerobics class*after my workout today.Very inspiring, Belinda was encouraging as I did my sit-ups, although my*gut was already aching from holding it in the whole time she was around.*This is going to be a FANTASTIC week!!

TUESDAY: I drank a whole pot of coffee, but I finally made it out the door.* Belinda made me lie on my back and push a heavy iron bar into the air,* and then she put weights on it! My legs were a little wobbly on the treadmill, but I made the full mile. Belinda's rewarding smile made it all worthwhile.* I feel GREAT!! It's a whole new life for me.*

WEDNESDAY: The only way I can brush my teeth is by laying the toothbrush on the counter and moving my mouth back and forth over it. I believe I have a*hernia in both pectorals. Driving was OK as long as I didn't try to steer*or stop. I parked on top of a GEO in the club parking lot.**Belinda was impatient with me, insisting that my screams bothered other club members. Her voice is a little too perky for early in the morning and when she scolds, she gets this nasally whine that is VERY annoying.*My chest hurt when I got on the treadmill, so Belinda put me on the stair*monster. Why the **** would anyone invent a machine to simulate an activity rendered obsolete by elevators? Belinda told me it would help me get in*shape and enjoy life. She said some other **** too.

THURSDAY: Belinda was waiting for me with her vampire-like teeth exposed as her thin, cruel lips were pulled back in a full snarl. I couldn't help being a half an hour late; it took me that long to tie my shoes.Belinda took me to work out with dumbbells. When she was not looking, I* ran*and hid in the men's room.. She sent Lars to find me, then, as*punishment,*put me on the rowing machine -- which I sank.

FRIDAY: I hate that ***** Belinda more than any human being has ever*hated any other human being in the history of the world. Stupid, skinny, anemic*little cheerleader. If there were a part of my body I could move without*unbearable pain, I would beat her with it.* Belinda wanted me to work on my triceps. I don't have any triceps. And if*you don't want dents in the floor, don't hand me the *&%#(#&**!!@*@*barbells or anything that weighs more than a sandwich.* The treadmill flung me off and I landed on a health and nutrition* teacher. Why couldn't it have been someone softer, like the drama coach or the*choir director?

SATURDAY: Belinda left a message on my answering machine in her grating,*shrilly voice wondering why I did not show up today. Just hearing her made me want to smash the machine with my planner. However, I lacked the strength to even use the TV remote and ended up catching eleven straight*hours of the* weather Channel.

SUNDAY: I'm having the Church van pick me up for services today so I can* go and thank GOD that this week is over. I will also pray that next year, my wife (the *****), will choose a gift for me that is fun like a root canal*or a vasectomy.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:02 AM   #37  
a work in progress...

Hey all! I thought that once vacation/party were over, I'd have some time once again to myself...huh...WRONG! I worked all week and have only just gotten things almost back in order around here. Almost.

Anyway...I have lots to do today, and now that the weather is finally Spring-y and lovely, I'd really like to get some pansies in the ground! My daffodils and hyacinths are in bloom, so is my magnolia tree...I LOVE Spring!

I'm very inspired by Gloria and 'Old Blue,' gotta get my bike out and do some riding now that the weather is cooperative!

I'd love to stay and type away, but there's just too much to do around here.

Gotta get moving! See you later!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 02:28 PM   #38  

Gloria, I loved your joke - and I read it just in time.

I am feeling depressed and discouraged today. Last night the lady we bought our puppy from emailed me a couple of pictures she had taken the day we picked Daisy up. Oh, I looked soooo FAT! Now, don't get me wrong I know I am not nearly as fat as I used to me and I know I'm not thin yet. But, I did think I looked thinner than what I do in those pictures. Greg says it is just a bad angle and I am sure he is partially right. But, really, it is hard to deny the size of my thigh while I'm squatting down next to the dog and my face is still so round - and those are the two places I've noticed my weight loss the most. I don't know what is worse that I am not nearly as far along physically as I thought I was or imagining how God awful I must have looked before! Either way, I am not a happy camper.

I am going to try and turn this frown upside down though. I'll just have to use it as motivation to work harder from here on out. But, by golly, for the next couple of minutes I'm going to have a good, old fashioned pity party (without all of the usual snacks ).

Wish I had time to talk to everyone but we are off to the first of three soccer games. I just had to stop in and vent. Thanks for listening!

Tricia
Old 04-09-2005, 03:20 PM   #39  
Gloria

That happens to me all the time Tricia. I have a picture of myself that was taken 4 years ago at my in-laws anniversary party. I was waring this clinging blouse and it looks like i have a very large stomach. I know i have put on weight since that picture was taken, but i still wear that blouse and do so comfortably. It was just the way i was standing that wasn't very flattering to my figure. Weren't you the one that was telling us about a party you attended and i think you said it was your sister that was gushing because you looked so good? Also, weren't you the one the said your clothes are getting big one you? Then there are the comments your son made about you being almost skinny. Don't let one picture get you down. Listen to what everyone around you is saying. You have lost 50 pounds. You are doing a great job. Keep it up!!
Gloria
Old 04-09-2005, 04:59 PM   #40  

Gloria, you just brought a tear to my eye. Thank you so very much. I needed to hear all of those things.

I lugged out all of my old pictures and pulled out some of our old swap party pictures from college. They are dated so I was able to find some that correspond the the journal dates I have from that time when I was this weight. It did give me a better idea of how I look now. Sure things aren't exactly where they used to be but my overall shape is about the same. If nothing else, I think I have a more realistic perspective on how I look physically. It was silly to let ONE picture define my esteem. But, like you said, it happens. Thank goodness we all have each other to keep us in line!

Thanks again,
Tricia
Old 04-09-2005, 05:03 PM   #41  

Hey guys! Sorry, but this will be a very short post. I'm still quite sick and had to go to the doctor yet again today and get a breathing treatment plus more Rx. I just wanted to say to Tricia that you have done an awesome job and don't be discouraged. There are a lot of things that are going to discourage you, but just know you can keep it up. The power is within you and within us all! I truly admire you for losing what you have lost already. You can do it!!

Okay, I gotta go rest.
Chelsea
Chelseagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 12:23 PM   #42  

Stop do not post here but join us on "Sanctuary - #18 Everyone Welcome"
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 01:18 PM   #43  
a work in progress...

Cool

Hi gang...I'm not sure what the problem is, but I'm not abandoning the Sanctuary...just trying to get myself into the proper frame of mind. I find that when I sit down to the computer, I really SIT DOWN and that's about it for the morning. It also seems to trigger the urge to nibble, something that I'm really trying to stay away from. So, I'm just in a place where I'm trying to dislodge some old bad habits and get some new, positive ones in their place. Like, cleaning for instance. And de-cluttering. I feel as though I'm decluttering my brain when I start getting things back in order around here.

I miss all of you and truly want and need to be a part of this group. It's just been a challenge balancing back to work, WW, housework, family, etc, etc. ***Not to mention the fact that my sister and I had an overnighter in NYC on Sunday. We scored some half price tickets for La Cage Aux Folles...(fabulous!)...also went to a comedy club and a great Irish Pub! So that kind of put a crimp in my new, improved, organized system, but we had one last day to use or lose on the time share, so what the heck? And we had a blast.***

Anyway, I decreed Monday the actual end of all vacation {for now} and Tuesday was back to strict points counting and exercise. I hit the gym for a class and it felt great to be back. Today, I took a lovely 45 minute walk around the lake at a local park. I drank in the sunshine , blue skies and the cherry blossoms and forsythias as I walked. Sometimes that's SO much better than the gym...treating the senses while workin' the bod is a good thing!

I have to get a nap in. I feel like I always say that when I come here, but that's how it is, working nights. Squeezing the sleep in here and there, when I can.

I hope to be back later. I get so much inspiration from all of you, and I sure hope that I can be a source of the same to you guys, from time to time.

Have a great day, my friends!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 04:16 PM   #44  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

katrina, I'm in the same place you are! Just wanted to let you know that the new thread has started. Check it out when you have time!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote