Old 04-20-2005, 01:41 PM   #106  

Cherie, your menu for lunch and snacks sounds great....Yum.
My mexican lasanga is either layered lasanga noodles or tortillas layered with taco seasoned cooked beef, refried beans, cheese, and anything else you want to add, onions, black olives, and I topped it with enchilada sauce sometimes and always top it with a cup or two of shredded cheese. Cut into wedges or squares and serve with salsa, guac., lettuce, and freshed chopped green onion. It is wonerful. Well I am off to get some lunch in me.

Check back later on. Hi to everyone.
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:23 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

ok, I am offically HUNGRY.... Julie... that sounds GREAT. YUM. Good thing I don't have stuff to make nachos tonight, or I would.
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 05:07 PM   #108  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls, it's almost lunch time for me. Think I'll go check out the food court across the street. I feel like some Pho (Vietnamese soup) or maybe a subway sandwich. I love mexican lasagna, we had regular italian kind on Sunday, courtesy of my mom and it was just great--I love it when it's not too saucy and the noodles stay put. This one was great w/lost of spinach and ricotta cheese

Cherie, when I try to stay OP (which I'm not really making an effort to right now ) I use a lot of LC frozen meals too. I like to load up on veggies on the side, like 2 cups steamed broccoli, or asaparagus. Have you tried the chicken w/basil cream sauce? or that chicken pasta bowlw/broccoli in it? I forget what it's called, but it's really good. OK, that does it, I'm going out to get lunch. Be back later.

Angie, how was your day?

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 04-20-2005 at 05:19 PM.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 09:31 PM   #109  

Noelle.. I have tried both of those. I love the one with the basil sauce. Very good.. wasn't that impressed with the chicken bowl.. I think the chicken wasn't up to par... not like it usually is...

Well, I did my pilates for Abs today, and I feel it! I also did 4 miles on the treadmill, 1 hour just walked.. My day was good, stayed OP and did all my exercise, drank my water and avoided my diet cokes.

Well, I think we might have some thundershowers tonight... I can't wait.. I love storms!

OK.. time to get the girls in bed... talk to you tomorrow!

Cherie
Old 04-21-2005, 09:43 AM   #110  

Happy Thursday everyone..... Nothing much to report this morning. I slept terrible last night, so this morning I am in a cranky mood. Hopefully it will pass. I've already had my breakfast and I'm working on drinking my water. Tonight is Surivior night, so I'll be on the treadmill for that show.

Oh.. tomorrow here in Oklahoma, it's '89er day. This is supposed to celebrate when the first land rush was here in Oklahoma. See, they had it set up for people to go claim some land at a specific time, blowing the gun and off they run.. you know the deal.. well, there were a group of people who snuck off early so they could get the prime spots, and well, as the story goes... these people were called "Sooners" because the went sooner than they should have. Hence the origin of the Oklahoma Sooners. (So what does that tell you? They are a bunch of cheaters, RIGHT? That's what I keep telling my born and breed Okies here.. hahaha.. they don't appreciate that.) Anyway... the girls get to dress up as cowboys tomorrow. I went by a party supply place yesterday and got them the cutiest pink cowboy hat. Megan kept hers on all night long last night... even though it was too big... she had the noose of it tied tightly so it wouldn't come off... It was very cute.. I'm gonna have to try to get a picture of them tomorrow.

OK.. well, back to work... Hope this day is over quickly!

Cherie
Old 04-21-2005, 01:43 PM   #111  

Hi girls

How is everyone doing today. Just got the kids eating and back from school so I found a minute to post before I eat lunch.

Cherie, I bet your girls will look like little dolls all dressed up like cowgirls.

Angie how is going at the bakery? Thinking about you.

Noelle, whats up? Not much on my end. Your mother's lasanga sounds so good with spinach in it. I have made a veggie one before. Probally saved alot of fat. But you just gotta have it the original way. I love it, it is one of my favorite foods. So did you end up getting the Pho or Subway? Well I should go I am starving.

The weather is cooler here today. Not like eighty degrees on Tuesday!! Last weekend was beautiful. Ds came home and wanted shorts on and a t-shirt. But if he goes out to play the pants are going back on. But we are suppose to get rain tomorrw....April showers brings May flowers". LOL. Well I am going to grab a quick bite to eat. I have been slacking in excercise a little bit. Maybe it is this sore throat I got. I think is just probally allergies. Talk to you all later. Kempy have you left us for good? Is something going on? We are all super busy but still check in. I am worried that something is going on or wrong or we are boring the heck out of you . BBL
Old 04-21-2005, 02:28 PM   #112  

Julie... I'm not sure how cute they will be.. I don't have actually cowboy outfits.. but they have some boots.. (more like what is in style now and not the cowboy looking ones) they have some denim, but that is about it. I am hoping the hats sufice..

Where is everyone? Kempy? Angie? Noelle? Gina? Summer? Dips? Cal? Jacks? I miss you guys!!

ok... back to work here... I would rather be outside.. it looks really nice, 81 degrees... and sunny.... hurry up weekend!

Cherie
Old 04-21-2005, 02:41 PM   #113  

Cherie, they are cute just as they are , but anyway maybe you could put them into skirts with boots or a pair of jeans and a denim shits un-buttoned and with a t-shirt under and the denim shirt tied at the waist?? Or do they have any little belts?? I am sure that the hats will do just fine though. 81 degrees and sunny you lucky thing. I hope your day goes by fast. It is chilly here today. What are you making for dinner?? Dh may grill burgers. Fast and easy.

I could so use a nap today. I am just so tired. Went to bed at midnight and got up before six, just not enough!! I can't wait again until Saturday morning when dh gets up with the babes. Like I said I am lucky he can't sleep in . My dd looks like she could take a nap but my ds wants me to play and run around, I just have no energy....I may have to resort to caffeine. LOL. Coffee, tea, or diet pop here I come!! Check back later
Old 04-21-2005, 02:45 PM   #114  

Cherie, I meant denim SHIRTS . See how tired I am, I can't even type. I am such a nut!!
Old 04-21-2005, 04:55 PM   #115  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Julie! Dear girl, go take that nap
Can you believe that Anwar got voted off before Scot "the serial killer" Savol? or Anthony Federov for that matter? I really liked Anwar, not the greatest voice (but BETTER than Scot) but his personality and demeanor is what really does it for me. I feel sad for him, but maybe it's better this way? Now if someone wants to sign him he doesn't have to deal w/all the restrictions of that AI/ 19 record label. As far as lunch yesterday, i went to Arby's and had a regular roast beef , tasted mighty good too. Michael ate most of my fries , honest

We've got 87-88 degrees but breezy so it's beautiful!!!

Cherie, I didn't know that story about the Okies and the Sooners, good one! Yeah, they do sound like a bunch of cheaters! I'm sure your gals will be cute little cowpokes, can't wait to see the pics. Are we finished being Ms. Cranky Pants? You could take an afternoon as well, tell your boss I said it was ok.

Damn, I was driving on the freeway yesterday and I ran over a giant tire retread which ripped off part of a plastic scoop that is under the front side of the car. It's there supposedly to cool the transmission or something...Luckily no cosmetic damage to the car, but now I have to go and hunt for a replacement part. It's just a piece of plastic but I guess it's there for a reason and I have to put it back. It made me feel sick that something more could've happened to my new baby

Hello to Angie, Kempy, Cal, Summer, Gina, Dips...everyone come out and say HI!!!
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 05:24 PM   #116  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey girls!! It is sunny but cold here today. It even snowed last night. Just a dusting luckily and it melted first thing. We are now into moose season and they are starting to come out into the roads looking for food. I hate going to Greenville during this time of year. We saw one at the D.O.T. garage in the swamp this morning and this afternoon there was a huge one sitting in the ditch beside the road eating. He could have cared less that cars were zooming by him. I was so scared that he was going to run into the road because it was on a corner and he could have killed himself and a person.

We had this sweet older guy who comes into the bakery and Jay will go out and sit with him and talk while he eats. He moved here in the 80's and I guess when they did the draw for the first moose hunt he was drawn so he went to Bangor to buy a gun to go hunting with and on his way home he hit a moose. It peeled the top off his car and screwed him up so bad that he was in a coma for a couple of months. Someone came in today and told us that he passed away last night. That is so sad because he just beamed about his grandson in Mass.

Noelle, Sorry about your car but glad you are okay. Me and Jay are going to give the healthy eating thing another try on Monday morning. We have both gained so much weight. My shorts that I wore in January dont even fit me now. I am gaining it so quickly. I guess I can lose it fast but it comes back just as quick. I have to figure out where I can get the exewrcise in though. I just dont have any time. I will have to make it work.

Cherie, I would love to see a pic of your daughters all dressed up. Enjoy your thunderstorms. I like the rain but thunder scares me a little. Mostly because the pool is right beside the house. Arent you afraid of Tornados when it rains? Or does that not cause them. I am so clueless.

Julie, Did you get your nap in? I hope so
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 09:36 PM   #117  

Just got off the treadmill... I did 80 minutes, 6.12 miles. Also did my pilates for abs earlier... that was just 20 minutes. Now I'm tired. I'm looking forward to Saturday, that is the day I am taking off for rest.

Noelle... sorry to hear about your car.. Hopefully it's ok and you can find the part for it.

Angie... you still are getting snowed on??? WOW..... hope your spring comes soon. I am sorry to hear about your customer. That is sad...

Julie.. I hope you got your nap.... girls won't really be dressed like cowgirls.. other than having the hats. I don't have denim shirts for them, but they will still have fun.

Well.. I just watched survivor... and now I am tired.. :-) I'll talk to you guys in the morning!

Cherie
Old 04-22-2005, 11:18 AM   #118  

Good Morning. I just got out of a conference call, so half my morning is almost over. I am so happy it's the weekend. I probably won't be online this weekend, I'll be over at Alan's.. just just warning you this thread will be slow!

Today was my weigh-in, and I am back at 152.00. I can't believe one meal would make me gain 2 pounds, and then it would take me all week to lose 1.5 of those pounds. I'm not going to get depressed, it's just amazing how hard this losing weight crap is.

It's another nice day outside... a bit windy, but it's been windy almost everyday.

Tonight, I get to spend with the girlies... I'll also be doing my treadmill and pilates. Tomorrow is my day of rest, and my splurge day. Sunday, I'll probably splurge too, however, I am planning either to ride my bike around the lake with Alan, or hoping on my treadmill at his house, so it won't be such a bad day.

Back to work here.. talk to you all soon!

Cherie
Old 04-22-2005, 11:21 AM   #119  

Default Happy Friday

Good Morning Girls

Cherie, wow, 6.12 miles, is that the most you have walked/ran on there? Great job. You must have been so tired. Are the girls going with Daddy and you spending your time with Alan? I hope you get to have fun this weekend. I know you love to go to the lake. Hope your day goes by fast.

Angie, sorry to here about your customer. Jay and yourself must have been shocked. Moose season?? I think they are beautiful. But we have tons of deer here and I would be more afraid of hitting a moose. Be careful. I am glad you and Jay are going to try on Monday. Good luck and maybe it will be easier having someone you are with all the time helping you out.

Noelle, I was so shocked when Scott did not get voted off. Ugh. Sorry to hear about the freeway thing. Glad you are safe though. I remember when we got our new car, it had to be recalled for a couple of things....it is such a pain when things go wrong with new cars. Glad you are enjoying your beautiful weather. It is going to get cold here again this weekend. Forties. Yuck. What a difference from last week and weekend.

Check back later.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:28 AM   #120  

Hi Cherie , you and I posted at the same time. I guess you answered all my questions, LOL. Your weekend sounds nice. It is going to be my splurge weekend I think also. Either lasagna or something mexican. I guess something with alot of cheese . I'm going to miss you this weekend. Have fun .
You know I feel the same way, it is so easy to put on weight but so hard to get it off. I AGREE....I can probally gain 4 pounds from a meal!!